Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ability & Combat Toolkit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mozza, Nov 2, 2019.

1. dre38w

dre38w

Unfortunately that’s the same solution I found and for whatever reason my Unity doesn’t have the 4x setting. Did more digging and in order to get that I needed to install runtimes and SDKs and firmwares. Did all that and then some and it still didn’t work. I wonder if this is because I’m using Unity 5. I started my project in 5 so I never got the new one.

2. dre38w

dre38w

I just downloaded the newest version of Unity and went back to import your kit and it is not even compatible with 5. Haha. And now it works. If this kit proves beneficial to my project, which I think it will, I suppose I have some work ahead of me bringing my project from 5 to the newer releases. Whew. Thank you!!

3. Mozza

Mozza

Glad you got it working :D good luck with the upgrade I will keep fingers crossed that it goes smoothly for you!

4. thanhle

thanhle

demo scene in this video integrated when I buy Asset?

How i can have this demo scene ?
    If you did this demo and can share it , can you list any animation asset you bought to make this demo game , i will buy all

5. Mozza

Mozza

Hey :D this was a prototype demo made using other Assets on the store so is not apart of ABC.

As shown in the video though ABC does work with other animations, models and environments from the store.

ABC does however come with its own premade weapons, abilities and attacks similar to ones in this video.

Hope that helps but let me know of you have any further questions :D

6. nhancaosi

nhancaosi

Optional Battle Circle System.

What does this mean? Is this turn base combat like final fantasy 8?
    How can I spawn units with custom stats? Are there any coding tutorial?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  7. Mozza

Mozza

The battle circle functionality ensures that not too many enemies attack at once (if turned on) to give the player a more pleasant experience.

This blog describes it very well: https://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.co...heyre-fighting-lots-of-enemies--gamedev-13535

There is no coding tutorials at the moment to spawn enemies but I am currently rewriting the documentation so will keep this in mind for when I get to writing about the AI.

Hope that helps answer your questions :D

StevenPicard likes this.
  8. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

Hi I recentely purchased ABC toolkit and it's great.. it has a lot of potential ..
    btw i would to know how can it be integrated in onging proejcts ..

for example can you provide some infos on how to add it on unity 3d game kit and make Ellen player form the kit to damage abc enemies? and make ellen forom the kit to have more attacks in that template? ranged and melee??

3D Game Kit | Tutorials | Unity Asset Store

3D Game Kit | Tutorials | Unity Asset Store
    Use 3D Game Kit from Unity Technologies to elevate your next project. Find this & more Tutorials and templates o...

plus I'm working on a serious proejct using Shooter System by dias games as template

Shooter System | Packs | Unity Asset Store

Shooter System | Packs | Unity Asset Store
    Use Shooter System from Dias Games to elevate your next project. Find this & more Packs and templates on the Uni...

the kit is cool and i managed to modify it to fit my needs... btw it lacks of melee ... can you help me to add melee system from abc to the character?

again... can you provide some example using abc with ranged /fire weapons and throwables...??

i should pay for all of this if needed..

thanks in advance for your time

cheers

Giuseppe

Duffer123 likes this.
  9. Mozza

Mozza

Hey Giuseppe,

I have seen you message on Discord so have responded there for easier communication :D

10. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

yes sure thanks

11. Ningkamess

Ningkamess

I'm trying to use ABC with Invector and the main issue I'm having is that the Invector camera keeps bugging out, zooming in and out everytime I attack a locked-on enemy and sometimes teleporting itself, along with the character, passed an enemy. Any ways to fix this?

I'm very new to coding but any advice would help.

12. Ningkamess

Ningkamess

I've also disabled the camera shake script, unchecked all the attacks from shaking the camera. I think it has something to do with the lock-on mechanism trying to follow the character whenever it attacks.

13. Ningkamess

Ningkamess

Is there a simple way to interrupt attacks? Like if I begin to attack but during the animation I initiate a roll to cancel the attack? OR if an enemy is in the middle of a combo attack and I hit it from behind, causing its combo to be interrupted and to play a hit reaction animation instead?

Also I clicked on the discord link and it said it wasn't valid/was expired. Any tips would be appreciated. Great asset!

14. Mozza

Mozza

Hey Ningkamess,

So sorry for the delay in responding, I missed the email which notified me of a reply in this thread. Please find some solutions to your last few posts below :D

You might find the camera is colliding with the object causing it to zoom in. This functionality is mainly used for when the camera is up against a wall. To make sure this doesn't happen on enemies please add their tags in the component here:

upload_2021-12-14_17-4-58.png

When activating an ability you have 2 options to cancel it as the player, you can either press the escape button or you can setup an ability similar to the dodge global preset which will activate and interrupt any attacks currently in play:

upload_2021-12-14_17-12-56.png

To interrupt an attack from an enemy then all you need to do is ensure that the effect (like adjusting health) has this ticked:

upload_2021-12-14_17-14-27.png

Once the effect is applied from a spell or attack then it will interrupt and even if ticked prevent further activation to cause a stagger on the enemy.

I hope this helps but do let me know if you have any further questions, I will be more then happy to help.

The discord channel can be reached here, do pop in and say hi :D

https://discord.com/invite/ZhAjYuy

15. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

does the asset contain ai for the enemies or just for the player?

I want to create a random dungeon crawler game some between old gauntlet and diablo, and problems I have the the enemy ai (following the player and wandering around) and the the mostly combat. So it would not help me if only the player had some abilities and moves, the enemy should also have those and have a combat (blunt and range weapons) between those. With local multiplayer....

Thanks a lot!
    and have nice xmas days
    Firlefanz

16. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

This can be used for enemies, as well.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  17. Mozza

Mozza

ABC has functionality to setup abilities and weapons for both players and AI. Once you have ABC installed check out the character creator and premade global abilities to get some enemy (or ally) AI setup in a few clicks :D

18. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Does it work for 4 feet animals too? They deserve some combat abilities, too :)
    I will buy it, it really looks very helpful.

19. Atomic_Monkey

Atomic_Monkey

Its support hd?

20. Mozza

Mozza

Definitely! You can use ABC on animals also

Here is a video of me creating an enemy spider with an attack

21. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Great! I bought it but need to complete another project first. After that I'd like to use it with UMA Humanoids, as well as some monsters and animals. It is really looking prominising, thanks. And happy new year!

22. Anhella

Anhella

good day to all
    i am new to this ABC engine.
    after i create a player or enemy the weapon is not aligning with the player or the enemy hands.
    how to fix please?
    thanks in advance

23. Mozza

Mozza

Hey Anhella,

As demonstrated in this video here:

The best way to align weapons is by using the weapon toggle adjustment mode in the ABC character creator. If you drag your model in and create the character you can then select "Toggle Weapon Adjustment" which will place some swords on the character for you to position in the right place.

Hope that helps but let me know if you come across any further issues

24. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

II tested the latest version with that direct input update with my gamepad on PC.
    Walking in a direction with the stick works fine, I think it would be great to also support the gamepad buttons, too!

25. Mozza

Mozza

Thanks for the feedback :D I will note this down to look into in future!

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  26. Ultrapp

Ultrapp

Hello, is it possible to configure mechanics like those of Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks....?
    Subzero (Freeze) Scorpion (Kunai)

27. Mozza

Mozza

Yes very much possible :D ABC comes with premade effects which can handle both those examples

28. the_unity_saga

the_unity_saga

what does "ABC_OutlineGlowRenderer's renderer [" + i + "] is missing a valid mesh" mean?

im not sure how to stop this

29. Mozza

Mozza

Hey, Hope you are well!

The issue occurs as the object the player is targeting doesn't have the appropriate mesh for the outline glow functionality.

I will look into this issue and add an exception for models without the right mesh for a future update but for now you can turn off this functionality here:

upload_2022-2-23_9-28-20.png

Hope that helps :D

the_unity_saga likes this.
  30. the_unity_saga

the_unity_saga

oh thank you!

31. ChrisP999

ChrisP999

Hi, So I just purchased ABC, and I'm trying to do the first tutorial, where it says:

Navigate to Assets\ABC\Demos\BattleChamber\Characters\Player and Drag the 'EthanBase' prefab to the scene

However, there is no EthanBase, No BattleChamber etc etc... Please explain my mistake thanks heaps.

32. kiteria001605

kiteria001605

Hello, I have been looking at your toolkit and I have to admit it looks awesome. So my question is, can this be integrated into Playmaker?

Thanks

33. Mozza

Mozza

Hey there, welcome to the ABC family :D

The tutorial you are following is currently for the older version of ABC. I am currently working on new documentation/videos which I am hoping to release soon.

A good friend of ABC has created some more up to date tutorials which includes the GC integration. They are a good starting point for learning:

Hope that helps!

StevenPicard likes this.
  34. Mozza

Mozza

Thanks for the compliment :D

No official integration for Playmaker has been completed yet but it's on the roadmap for future!

35. Mozza

Mozza

Just a little post to announce that ABC will soon be in the Unity Flash Sale for 80% off. If you haven't grabbed it already now is your chance :D

I have also just released ABC's first 2 expansions, One is a dual sword expansion and another is a Game Creator 2 integration BOTH 50% off for the next 2 weeks!

Dual Sword Expansion: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/game-toolkits/dual-swords-abc-expansion-218525

Game Creator 2 Integration: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/game-toolkits/abc-integration-game-creator-2-218546

biscito likes this.
  36. biscito

biscito

ko so i'v instal everything in order but as soon as i instal
    ABC Integration: Game Creator 2, i crash...

Attached Files:

Duffer123 likes this.
  37. Mozza

Mozza

Hey biscito :D

Can you also download all the examples from Game Creator as the ABC demo uses some of these. This is why it's crashing. I am going to rethink the demo aspect so it's a lot more smoother of an installation experience for those who don't want to download the Game Creator examples.

However for now if you install GC2/Inventory/Stats and install all the examples you will not experience any more crashes.

Hope that helps!

biscito likes this.
  38. biscito

biscito

inventory 2 and Stats 2 ?

39. Mozza

Mozza

Yes that's correct :)

40. BDslick04

BDslick04

Is there a way to set up a hit animation that only activates when an enemy is hit from behind?

41. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

42. reyalpsirc

reyalpsirc

It this toolkit compatible with Virtual Reality? I mean, can we make the enemies damage the VR player and vice-versa? Also curious about parrying an attack, since in VR it is the player you actually moves the sword to try to parry the enemy’s sword animation.

43. biscito

biscito

I'M STRUGGLING, how do you set up the new input system?

44. UsefulWeapon

UsefulWeapon

Hello, i have some problems with animating new enemy. Should i use only your animation controller or i can use custom controller that comes with my model? It has all animatons for my model but no parametrs and triggers. And should all my animations be looped?
    Also i cant get enemy to attack the player. And i get some strange bug when enemies are on step back animation but instead of going back thay are just looping step back animation without going back (even demo enemies).
    Maybe you have a video of how to setup enemy from scratch with custom animations?
    For reference i use these models and animations
    Demons_Super_Pack

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  45. Mozza

Mozza

Hey BDSlick04,

Not currently but that is something I definitely want to add in future :D

46. Mozza

Mozza

47. Mozza

Mozza

Hey thanks for your message :D

I haven't personally used ABC with VR but I have seen others do so. In theory using the new input system with ABC might yield some great results.

You won't be able to parry with an arm movement as there is no official VR functionality however there are ways to activate parry through the API if this is something you can code in to your VR game yourself :)

reyalpsirc likes this.
  48. Mozza

Mozza

Hey Biscito,

To get started with the new input system first make sure the ABC integration is enabled here:

upload_2022-5-19_14-0-51.png

You also need to make sure the Player Input Component is added to a gameobject in the scene (can be the player). This is global to the system and ABC will hunt it down and use the configurations from that.

From here you can follow the below picture to configure which buttons activate which abilities:

upload_2022-5-19_14-3-0.png

Hope that helps :)

Firlefanz73 and StevenPicard like this.
  49. Mozza

Mozza

Hey there, thanks for your post. ABC works very well along side any custom controller as it has it's own animation clip running system. You should be able to drop the clips in the right boxes and this will play out accordingly.

It does not matter if the animation is looped or not as it will play for the duration determined in the animation settings.

Here is an example of setting up an enemy spider:

You can stop the enemy stepping back or configure how much the enemy steps back here:

upload_2022-5-19_14-6-40.png

Hope that helps :)

StevenPicard likes this.
  50. UsefulWeapon

UsefulWeapon

Thaks, i just figured out animator and attacks with this video but the enemy damage is 0, thought i have a global effect damage claws on it, and i dont know how to fix this.

EDIT: I just figured it out. It was about stats in state manager :)

Last edited: May 19, 2022
    Mozza likes this.