Search Unity

[RELEASED] 3D Scifi Kit Vol 4 official topic!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Creepy-Cat, May 23, 2022.

?

What do you prefer in a modular kit?

1. - Spaceships / Vehicles?

52.4%
  2. - Build stuff, i want more parts allowing me!

58.7%
  3. - I want more elements already built, I don't like to work...

9.5%
  4. - I want more scenes!

4.8%
  5. - I want props that allow me to create an exploration/craft game!

25.4%
  6. - I want props that allow me to create an action/simulation game!

17.5%
  7. - I want props that allow me to create a battle isle war game!

1.6%
  8. - I want props that allow me to create all types of games!

15.9%
  9. - I want props that allow me to create a subnautica style game!

7.9%
  10. - I want props that allow me to create a starcitizen/elite game!

31.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Agent31

Agent31

I meant the base would be designed to be mobile, as if it were a ship that would fly to asteroids, not the platform I would build for :-D

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  2. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi my dear customers/fans/cat lovers!

I'm happy to have finished this release! Because I really liked working on it... For this package I'm going to try to fight as best I can against the madness that possesses me with each kit, namely:

"Wanting to do everything at the same time..."

It's horrible, my brain goes 3 million times faster than my body and my fingers... But for this update, I wanted:

"Creepy Cat, you only take care of the buttons and other displays, you don't go everywhere at once, you only think of buttons!! buttons!! buttons"

That's what exhausted me on volume 3... And on top of that I had to fight with a kit that was "poorly designed" due to lack of experience... That's what I explain to my students now! "You must not be devoured by your creation!" :p

upload_2022-9-21_8-39-57.png

I'm going to do it myself, by method... If you've looked at the kit, you may have noticed that I've separated the back from the walls/inside? This is for the following reason:

"I want to be able to use the kit for ship interiors! On the 3rd I had tinkered with a second kit made from the first... It do not have sens!"

upload_2022-9-21_8-43-40.png

When I started the 4, I especially wanted to stop making this mistake! This is why the walls of the hangars are studied in the same spirit. To be able to serve as a hangar for ships (I have not yet made the connecting pieces to attach the small and large walls).

upload_2022-9-21_8-41-34.png

Well for this update, I simplified my future work! Indeed if I have the buttons of the control panels => I also have the buttons of the ship controls! :rolleyes:

I saw it on the creation of certain objects, such as consoles. On kit 3 I did the same work again and again! On the 4 I only have to concentrate on the overall design of the console => Because I know that with my little buttons I will be able to give it the necessary commands to make it a machine.

upload_2022-9-21_8-38-37.png

For the next release? I have not decide yet! I hesitate between a rover (but I still have to think about its size), a space station kit (connectable to the interior kit), or I stay in the props (like floors, walls etc). I do not know yet... I worked a lot on the atmosphere compared to the video, and I'm already thinking about the next map! Besides, I think the next release will be a new map! (which will of course be a good way to do more construction props, as the poll tries to show).

The package is send to the store! It should be in your pocket soon! Enjoy :) And again, do not hesitate to post your work with the kit! (it give me indication on how you want to use it...)

Note: And write a review! Please! :)

upload_2022-9-21_8-25-32.png

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    dmenefee and StarChick971 like this.
  3. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey :) Just for fun, i'm searching a good spline free engine to integrate... I'm trying this one with a MIT licence.
    https://github.com/yasirkula/UnityBezierSolution

I'm actually testing, it's just to see.. But i tryed to make a bubbleship following a path, and next i put the camera in vr mode :) Very cool effect!

4. StarChick971

StarChick971

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  5. StarChick971

StarChick971

There is no hardcore math to really understand except if you are curious, simply use the code and set the lines properly and you are good to go.
    At first glance your git link seems even more complex to me but I didn't read it in detail though. You already have a solution btw.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  6. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey :)

As i said, i'm starting a new map! rather than having 50 demo scenes, I prefer to have less but more spectacular :) I'm working on this map which will be a huge battlefield/exploration/mineral crafting zone but i think just decline the same heightfield with different biome. Time saver for me... This terrain is enought generic to be used for many project.

As you can see i plan a cool ride with the bubbleship around the terrain :) For the moment is map is alpha... WIP

upload_2022-9-23_0-59-24.png

Nouveau projet.gif

upload_2022-9-23_0-59-8.png

7. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Small fake VR flight! It's just a fligh test on the demo map :) But it was very inspirating to work on it because via the poll results, a number of pieces to do, appear in my mind...

StarChick971 and dmenefee like this.
  8. dmenefee

dmenefee

Very cool! Nice looking demo!

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  9. StarChick971

StarChick971

Looks great and having a single scene to showcase your work is a better idea imo.
    However, what's the point having emissive mountain ridges?? I would simply leave some rocks (in mining in mind) that could be emissive but not the terrain itself because it looks more like flying around a volcano rather than on a distant planet. Of course this is my opinion. Perhaps using another color could fit better like emerald green or electric blue
    Still, the terrain seems perfect for the demo.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  10. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

It's a second map! The first one will be active again :) It's another terrain/lightning/vision etc...

11. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Pumping station? Drilling station? ... I don't know :) Only made with the kit elements :)

upload_2022-9-24_18-54-54.png

upload_2022-9-24_18-56-6.png

Agent31, Dexi and dmenefee like this.
  12. Dexi

Dexi

More like this building props pls...

dmenefee and Creepy-Cat like this.
  13. dmenefee

dmenefee

And also looking forward to spaceships that incorporate the improved materials. The large spaceships are my favorite part of #3; there aren't many Unity assets that provide out-of-the-box large spaceship interiors like yours. Keep up the great work!

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  14. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

For this part of the project, I'm going to have a lot less problem than on the 3, but the big ships will arrive when the small one is the right size (because to make a ship, you must first have the interior finished, and then you put the shell on top)

I will start a ship with Constellation dimensions (V3) i think.

In any case the, results of the poll are interesting! I didn't think my users liked to build! (I say this because every time I see a demo using my products, I very rarely see constructions made by users)...

For the different ideas I have for this kit, I would like:

- An update to build iss-style (tube plugged) or startrek-style space stations.

- An update to be able to make cities, I wanted to do it on the 3, but the methods to use to do it were not possible. This would allow this "wire" the interior kit => To large buildings.

- An update to make mega structures (same principle as for cities)

- A kit with a new race, alien genre.

- And of course a small spaceship from time to time! :) But be aware that making ships is extremely long... That's why if the interior kit is well done, it reduces the creation time! But the major problem with ships is the creation of the cockpit...

It is extremely long! In addition, it's the part that requires the most polygons... And since it's the part you always have in front of you, it has to be perfect. For example, on kit 3, if you knew the number of buttons that I mapped 50 times... The number of ramps, pistons, doors, control panels that I redid 50 times.

That's why I learned from these mistakes: don't do the same things 50 times!

Because my desire has always been to make a kit allowing a Halo/Star Citizen/No man sky/Elite/X Reunion games :) It is with this state of mind that I made the 3, I wanted everything TO DO..

That's what killed the project... Because at one point I found myself with problems that were impossible to solve, because in fact in the kit I already had a file structure where I myself couldn't find my way around..

Several users have reported the problem to me, telling me that this kit is great, but what a mess of files! But it's very complicated as a creator to change a structure during the project! Quite simply because other users have already started working with the kit, and have therefore already acquired habits...

In any case, the creation of 3 has clearly shown me what it takes to please and not please... I will do my best not to make the same mistakes :)

I will therefore progress in stages, and by "type", a button update / an update with a type of accessories, for example office furniture. Rather than making disorderly updates...

Which will save me from exhausting myself like on the creation of the big prometheus-style ship (it really pissed me off this one). But since my production methods were much worse, I think that remaking this ship would take me less time now!

That's why I tried to "think well" the construction kits, to be able to reuse it everywhere! I would just have to make new floor/wall/ceiling styles that can adapt to everything from space bases or ships or buildings.

If you knew how difficult it is the units of measurement... Or rather, how to give the real impression of the dimensions of an object. It's a constant struggle, you have to cheat on all sizes. In vol 3 I discovered this problem quite late.

One of the major problem of the kit 3 was the number of textures... As I tried to do something giving more freedom of modification to the user (for example the rover uses if my memory is good, 3 or 4 atlas for him only!) = > Which allows a team of graphic designers to be able to tweak the textures to personalize the thing?!

Ok the method is cool, but it has a limit! The number of files... The prometheus style ship also consumes textures, in short, are you starting to see the problem? in conclusion I lacked knowledge... And I found myself trapped by my creation. A bit like Frankenstein :)

That's why before putting the first polygon under 3DS max, I got interested in the guys from star citizen, I watched a lot of their video where they also explain the same kit issues, how to modularize as much as possible the universe etc... These videos taught me a lot! Because they answered problems that precisely, I had encountered on volume 3!

And then at some point I started volume 4 :) I did some tests that I didn't tell you about, and when I felt that I had understood the concept, I started... I started the kit a year and a few months ago.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  15. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

This one also cool :) Same, made only under Unity with the actual kit pieces :)

upload_2022-9-25_9-47-44.png

Just for fun, here is the scale factor between pieces :)

upload_2022-9-25_9-55-58.png

VertexRage and dmenefee like this.
  16. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey!

Here is the return of the flying objects and gravity zero ambiant! :) I'll try to make the system more simple to use, example? Now you can modulate the gravity for all scenes, not only one etc...

I can stay in the spaceship view scene some hours, with my playlist behind :)

As you can see, i included a small class to make the solar panel => follow the directional light. I modified also the mouselook class, now you can stack it somewhere (ex: a pilot chair!) and you get a free smooth rotating camera.

Here is the current 1.3 update worklog, no release date yet i need to work more.

- 1.3 : - New class included: ObjectTowardOnlyYaw it allow you to toward a object to another but only by yaw rotation
    usefull for solar panel, lock the script on your sun light, and they will follow him! :)

- Modification of mouselook: I included a boolean allowing to use it only in rotation mode
    with this you can use it in pilot head mode or static mode (Demo_B).

- New map included, with a new seamless terrain/rock/props. It's a flight ride. I hope you like it!?
    This is a big battlefield/exploration/testing terrain with various slopes i gona use now to present the news props!

- A new library included: BezierSolution (Look inside:Common Scripts) https://github.com/yasirkula/UnityBezierSolution
    a very cool animation system based on spline, very nice to use! Creating an animation like the flight trip (Scene B)
    is "a pain in the ass" to do with the standard unity keyframe system... Creating a good and nice spline take time,
    but what a pleasure to see some spline animation into you level!

- Map Demo_A FPS increased! A bad terrain setup drop down the FPS... Fixed now!

- New prefabs with big machines/structures/bridge etc...

- New prefabs with physic.

17. dmenefee

dmenefee

Elegant and beautiful work. As soon as I can break away from my racing project I will whip up a VR version of one of the maps to play with.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  18. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Thanks! :)

The Scene_B will be provided with two versions:

- One with the video ride.
    - The other with physic playing.

I reworked a bit the global kit code, now you can have a HUD visor for the camera AND a crosshair! And of course you can colorise all of this...

upload_2022-9-27_11-30-30.png

upload_2022-9-27_11-28-15.png

19. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hahaha, how i can forget that? I'll do the same with wind turbine :) And i need to do a radar on the same principle...

upload_2022-9-27_13-3-58.png

upload_2022-9-27_13-4-52.png

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    dmenefee likes this.
  20. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Mega big tank!

upload_2022-9-27_18-30-48.png

dmenefee likes this.
  21. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Another cool stuff coming soon! :) After my plateform observation i thinked to re-use them to make some bunker with the same stylish! Here is the concept, it allow you to build you own interior inside them:

upload_2022-9-27_20-45-40.png

Because all this little world talk each others :) It's the difference when you prepare a project...

Front view:
    upload_2022-9-27_20-46-33.png

And the same mirrored:
    upload_2022-9-27_20-47-36.png

It can be a substation for a ship port, a bunker, a base for a mega-pilar! and inside you case a grid of 3x2
    but of course you can build long you want bunker :)

VertexRage, StarChick971 and dmenefee like this.
  22. StarChick971

StarChick971

Idk why, the bunker reminds me Starship Troopers 2 stronghold somehow but also some Star Citizen style hangar Very nice.

23. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Haha :) Maybe! :) I'm inspiring bunch of stuff... Here is a test in map and the second screen illustrate the previous concerning the interior...

Work In Progress:
    upload_2022-9-27_23-23-30.png

upload_2022-9-27_23-23-39.png

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    StarChick971 likes this.
  24. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Military mode interior: This new texturing method is really cool to modify things...

upload_2022-9-28_0-45-18.png

25. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Release today!

- 1.3 Update:

- New class included: ObjectTowardOnlyYaw it allow you to toward a object to another but only by yaw rotation usefull for solar panel, lock the script on your sun light, and they will follow him!

- Modification of mouselook: I included a boolean allowing to use it only in rotation
    mode with this you can use it in pilot head mode or static mode (Demo_B).

- New map included, with a new seamless terrain/rock/props. It's a flight ride. I hope you like it!? This is a big battlefield/exploration/testing terrain with various slopes i gona use now to present the news props! Note: Two versions of the map, one for physic playing, and the other for the roadtrip automatic.

- A new library included: BezierSolution (Look inside:Common Scripts) https://github.com/yasirkula/UnityBezierSolution

A very cool animation system based on spline, very nice to use! Creating an animation like the flight trip (Scene B) is "a pain in the ass" to do with the standard unity keyframe system... Creating a good and nice spline take time, but what a pleasure to see some spline animation into you level!

- Map Demo_A FPS increased! A bad terrain setup drop down the FPS... Fixed now!

- New prefabs with big machines/structures/bridge etc...

- New prefabs with physic.

- New shoot system! I replaced/debug/organized many of the old code, to give you a better feeling with shoot. And now the explosions (for shoot death, and for hit object death) generate a physic shockwave! It move all the rigodbody's around (class: ShootExplosionSetup) you can use it for any dying object (ship crash etc) take a look on this class :) The explosion lightning system is better now!

- Class UniFPSCounter modified, now you have a real Crosshair and no more ugly GuiText :)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
  26. dmenefee

dmenefee

You have been busy! This all looks great!

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  27. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

Have you tested the performance on quest 2?

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  28. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Not yet, but i think that can run with some small scenes. My 3d modeling is always low poly :)

EstudioVR likes this.
  29. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I'm working on a FPS camera... I'm tired each time to remove the standard asset for each release (post processing task boring me also). So i worked on a addon plug for the actual cameramouselook, and it work not bad! :) For this occasion, i saw that there is many lack and issue with colliders.... (missing or bad placement, door without collider etc...)

I plan a quick fix update for this. Sorry for mistake! :)

It's the problem when you control your work with a freelook camera without collider :)

upload_2022-9-30_14-21-46.png

dmenefee likes this.
  30. Agent31

Agent31

Thanks for doing some demo construction, that helps with ideas!

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  31. MatthewLFraser

MatthewLFraser

I love the asset pack so far! if I were to give one feedback I'd say it'd be nice if the wall meshes were cut in half (giving more control to small spaces where you may want a bed but not a wardrobe next to it.)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  32. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

It''s funny i thinked the same when i made the modified bunker :) For the wall i saw that missed half wall...
    I had to cheat and hide a half wall behind the bunker wall! It went to a few millimeters :)

I'll do that! Thanks for the report.

upload_2022-10-2_10-15-38.png

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    dmenefee likes this.
  33. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I'm happy, i'm able to do some rocket jumps!

Regarding the inclusion of volumetric explosions, I found that when an object died, the fact that it
    simply disappeared was a bit lame... I looked at the side of the dissolve shaders but I didn't found something nice and easy to integrate.

Otherwise i am very happy with my FPS camera! I find the movement rather nice. In fact, I LERP-ED (Mathf.Lerp) a lot of things, like changing the pace of walking, moving the mouse, etc. Which gives
    a very flexible movement for the virtual visit.

And I finally got rid of the obligation to download/remove those damn Standard Assets to do my tests...

The advantage of this FPS camera is that it does not require any package like the character controller!
    or the unity input package. Other advantage, is that it uses the freelook camera, it is a plugin which is added
    to the current mouselook camera and which does not require 50 versions of the same script to do something.

In the video, i clearly exaggerated the height of the jump :) But I wanted to see how the camera behaves when landing on small surfaces. I enjoyed working on this camera! It allowed me to make progress
    with c sharp (I remember that I'm more of a graphic designer than a programmer...)

Damn Quaternion and Angle Euler! I had a lot of trouble with them... But seeing your camera move and that it is sensitive to physics is a real pleasure!

And thanks to her (fps camera) i was able to locate, as i told you, lots of problems with colliders! I've fixed
    quite a few, but there must still be some left... I'll fix them based on your requests and/or being confronted with them :)

That's the problem with big kits, at the beginning you do everything seriously, and after months of work, your
    attention slackens and exhaustion sets in...

For the next version i also think to integrate a small teleportation system! Indeed the maps are getting big and I thought that a system like that would be nice to integrate.

This next update will not be big, but will be well provided with: corrections / fixes / code / cool stuff...

Explosions based on the work of : Steven Craeynest
    https://stevencraeynest.wordpress.com/2013/03/29/easy-volumetric-explosion-in-unity3d/

I got part of his script, because I couldn't code mine. For some strange reason i couldn't LERP the
    shader variables... And after some research i came across his free package (I don't really like
    picking up someone else's code (out of respect for him) but I couldn't manage it.)

If you read this message (marsermd), I will be happy to give you a voucher code for kit 4, because
    your script helped me a lot and above all taught me a lot of tricks on curve management!

And the work of: Michael Panin (aka @marserMD)
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/tru...or-ray-based-explosios-published-free.265595/

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  34. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I'm also working on a moving plateform with sounds class, animated with uween! The teleporter code is finish. But i need to make the meshes for the elevator :) I think to make a rail system to make any size elevator. The platform system can be horizontal or vertical or diagonal! Indeed the system uses a principle of point of departure and arrival

I worked also on a small class to animate the buttons :) That will help you to make interactive interfaces.

Nouveau projet.gif

dmenefee likes this.
  35. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

A work in progress on the elevator :) Only made with the kit parts. I just made the movable part and 2/3 others things on. For builders : The elevator base do the size of a floor, you can use with the interior kit.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  36. dmenefee

dmenefee

I really like the use of heavy weaponry to test platforms and teleport :) Seriously, very cool!

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  37. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

What better in life than a rocket launcher? :) Seriously! thanks for the comment. The elevator component is very simple to use... A game object StartPoint => And another EndPoint. You can move anything you want or modify the class to make another thing!

Note: You need a triggered box collider to make the parent association between the player and the plateform.

upload_2022-10-6_9-1-52.png

To illustrate the elevator using, i'm also working on a small map (WIP). It's a closed env with a central mountain.
    Can be usefull to make a closed map!

upload_2022-10-6_9-3-32.png

38. dmenefee

dmenefee

That looks like a good starting point for an atmospheric sci-fi horror/mystery game, ala Red Matter, etc. Very nice

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  39. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

I have several of your packages and I really like them. I'm no longer working with Unity (UE5), but due to volume 4 I'm thinking of doing a project with it in Unity. My question is if it's easier to change the textures for more "worn" versions because the parts always look "new". How is this ? All the best

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  40. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Due to PBR, it is possible to worn a bit the texture via the secondary map slot into the standard material.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/StandardShaderMaterialParameterDetail.html

It will be a global dirt texture applyed to the global. I provide two textures to illustrate the principle. But you can make you own and make some tests.

You need to find some seamless dirt texture like this :

upload_2022-10-7_15-6-51.png

But due to the conception by atlas (rectangular re-use at maximum) with a minimal texture set, you can't get the same result like mass effect or other games. Because they have often many unwrap per pieces (precisely to avoid this problem of too clean texture)

It's the price to pay to get a minimal texture number.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
    dmenefee and EstudioVR like this.
  41. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey guys!

Release 1.4 on the way!
    • New class addon for the Super mouse look! It allow you to transform the frelook camera into a FPS camera (see demos) it's not the best FPS camera! But a simple system that don't need any other package to run. It's a physic camera controler sensible to the explosions! If someone can code the "crouch" i don't say no! :)
    • New map added! Demo_C, when i made the elevator script, i was inspirated by a Star Citizen video showing a big plateform map inside a asteroid crater.
    • New closed terrain added (Terrain_C), a big creater with a mountain in the center. Usefull to make closed maps.
    • SupermouseLook class modification, added a public bool to allow you to clamp camera pitch to -90/90. Used by the plugin FPS.
    • Jump/Land/Step sound added.
    • ShootLaunchFrom class bug removed (stuff about sound of shoot <> sound of the projectile).
    • Many fix on some objects colliders! The FPS camera show me where it missed collider... Because 90% of the time i'm controling my work with the freelook with no collision camera (quick/easy for me...)
    • ShootLaunchFrom class modified! Now you can add the launcher collider! To avoid to shoot yourself...
    And many things/fix/prefabs i don't remember...

42. dmenefee

dmenefee

Looks great!

I noticed a couple of things... In the Demo_C scene, the Camera Right Zoom button doesn't have an assigned value in the Cam field. And the last two components on the g.o. don't have scripts. When I shoot, the shot appears to hit something right in front of me, instead of continuing to the target.

Anyway, I'm having a blast playing with this. Keep up the great work!

43. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Ohh!? Damn unity importation... Anytime there is always some missing componant missing. Here is the correct link to do on the prefab named: P_FPS_Camera

Don't just play! Think a project! :)

upload_2022-10-10_2-47-15.png

And for the shoot : Prefab P_FPS_Camera => Camera

upload_2022-10-10_2-48-7.png

upload_2022-10-10_2-50-51.png

About the componant yes i know, i'm uploading a new version, i missed remove the post processing stack! The two missing componant are the post effects.

dmenefee likes this.
  44. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Next update STV Vehicle on the way :) Here is the beautyfull Greybox phase! Impressive no? :)

upload_2022-10-11_10-18-14.png

Nouveau projet.gif

Yesterday i was on Face book and the Star Citizen group send me a notification about a new vehicle;

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/18819-Greycat-STV

upload_2022-10-11_10-19-33.png

I found it really cute! And i decided to make a similar vehicle fot the next update! This vehicle will able to enter into the hangar (Map A). For this kit, i'll try to work better on scales... :)

upload_2022-10-11_10-22-35.png

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  45. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

After the greybox phase, going to modeling :)

upload_2022-10-13_16-59-28.png

upload_2022-10-13_16-59-35.png

dmenefee likes this.
  46. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Work in progress...

Nouveau projet.gif

upload_2022-10-14_21-58-34.png

upload_2022-10-14_21-59-40.png

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  47. dmenefee

dmenefee

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  48. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Work in progress :)

upload_2022-10-17_0-55-2.png

upload_2022-10-17_0-56-13.png

upload_2022-10-17_0-55-13.png

Tvtig, StarChick971 and dmenefee like this.
  49. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I made some changes in the vehicle code! Now the fire light stop are activated with the direction keys :)

Nouveau projet.gif

I also included a simple map to show you how to use the STV (Maps need to be big, with very low terrain details to make the car physic more cool, less bouncy)

Nouveau projet.gif

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
    Tvtig and dmenefee like this.
  50. dmenefee

dmenefee

Nice! The VRIF framework I'm using supports vehicle physics, manipulable controls, etc, so that'll be cool. As soon as I can pull my head out of under the hood of my racing game I will start building this. I have an interesting mystery game idea inspired by the big map :)

Creepy-Cat likes this.