Search Unity

[RELEASED] 3D Scifi Kit Vol 3 official topic!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Creepy-Cat, Jun 21, 2018.

1. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

By the way after digging into performance optimization the last week I could increase the FPS from 20 to 60+ inside of the space station with ultra settings, 2560 x 1440. :)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  2. petercoleman

petercoleman

How will the Hangar Door Open? That is how will the Player (or other) say be able to activate its opening?

I ask because with the other existing models in the kit which have "Vertical" rotating/opening doors on vehicles, two the Rover and Large Space Vehicle have doors which need to rotate and open vertically from closed position to the floor and the reverse when closing back to position. In the kit those doors had no mechanics attached to open and close them (as opposed to the side opening doors on the other vehicles, smaller spaceships which auto open on player approach).

For both the Rover and Large Space Craft where the doors have to rotate and open and close vertically and need to do so in sync for the two separate pieces which the doors are made up from - I had to make a complex trigger system to make them open ( both doors pieces ) and close correctly on player proximity. Triggers and scripts both outside and inside the vehicles of course to both open and close the door sets when inside or out. It was quite a task and only 95% perfect due to possible uneven ground/terrain surfaces but without it one cant get in or out of them. I could find no script to open close those doors in the kit out of the box.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  3. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Because you can actually use this prefab for "halogen" spot, like on the screenshot :

Capture d’écran 2019-02-01 à 13.15.39.png

You just have to orient correctly the spotlight child :)

PS: Un-activate shadows...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  4. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi Peter,

Did you take a look on the last video i posted? You can see doors for the hangar. About system to open them?
    I just put small system in the kit to open the interior doors with ease, but about vehicles doors etc, i prefer let the user make is own system..

Why? First because i'm not coder :) (if you knew the nightmare for me to create the actual door system) And next, i prefer make "light kits", without disturbing code, or exotic shaders, to make the integration into a existing project, more easy, and more light for me, about support...

And because there is many ways to open doors! Some users want make animations for cut scene only, some others want to make they own system, some others want to open doors only when a object is touched etc...

I want to be clear on this point : This kit is not a "game engine", it's a medias database to make games! I provide some code stuff to make the demos a bit more cool, but that all... I can't make "Star Citizen" for you :) It's your job. MY job is to provide the necessary meshes for you :)

A noob user can easily take my existing doors system to make modifications needed for is own project, by using of rotate instead translate by example. But I do not want to drown myself in the technical problems of the users.

Because it's a never end story! I think you understand.

"Hey i want to open doors only in VR?"
    "Hey, i want my doors open only when i'm in the red team"
    "Hey i want my doors open after X seconds"
    "Hey i wan't my door open only when i die"

etc etc etc....

5. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

Cool :cool:

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  6. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Warning, think to un-activate shadows on the spotlight...

7. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

Why not? :D

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  8. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Lol :)

9. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey all!

Now i have finish this first version of the spaceship body! (Hard work) For the second release (with interiors) maybe i'll include some new details? I don't know yet...

But the good news is : Now i can make props for the command center :)

Can't wait to begin to work on them! But for the moment, i'll take a bit of time to re-batch all the textures... Indeed, from version to version, sometime, i forget to make some textures modifications... (remember that 'im alone to make all the production steps).

But this time i want to take a moment, to rework all the metal maps to get a more metalic/realistic rendering, i think get better results than now :)

I like my antenna :) It give a cat fish look to the ship :) :) And you can see that possible to militarize a bit the baby by turret inclusion.

Capture d’écran 2019-02-01 à 15.54.43.png Capture d’écran 2019-02-01 à 15.55.35.png Capture d’écran 2019-02-01 à 15.54.18.png Capture d’écran 2019-02-01 à 15.55.05.png

10. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Example, like this, with a bit of work on the metal map there is a way to create some cool materials!

Capture d’écran 2019-02-01 à 21.43.35.png

hopeful likes this.
  11. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

Looks nice. :cool:

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  12. hopeful

hopeful

Adding some exterior lighting, like what you've done, will help it stand out in night / space scenes. Basically, like architectural lighting on a building.

Looking great! And I'm looking forward to what you do for the controls. :)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  13. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

For the control of the ship? No idea for the moment, like i said previously, i'm not coder... All quaternion/local rotation bullshit, make me sick :) :) When i need to code something, it's because i don't have choice...

In the case of this ship, it's very difficult for the no coder i am... All the rotating parts are a nightmare in this case. I think peoples will use animation clip to make move the different parts. Else maybe a genius and generous coder, can create a small and simple system? :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  14. AshyB

AshyB

Are those antennae separate objects so we can enable/disable them easily?

Damn it cat, you make me want to start another project but I have too many already :(

Keep up the good work!

15. hopeful

hopeful

The control stations of the command center, not the code. :)

16. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Yes they are added into the prefab, they can be disabled :) Modularty my friend, modularity :)
    Same for the rest of the vessel props :)

Oh! Ok :) I thinked you wanted a spaceship control... Yeah can't wait to play with the command center prefabs!

Lol :) Sorry :) This project can be a loong project you will finish with time?

17. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey :)

Just a quick preview of the next texture batch I wanted to give a more aged surface look, without loosing the plastic/lego/playmobil side i like All textures metal are re-worked from scratch to get a better rendering! (less crispy)

Of courses all previous metal maps (the new but clean) will be provided if you want to keep the "clean" original stylish...

I just finished the batch, discover with me this new rendering!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    AshyB, EstudioVR and hopeful like this.
  18. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

That looks amazing. :cool:
    I've one suggestion. Please upload those videos to YouTube and then share the link on Facebook. Facebooks suck with videos. Buffering all the time.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  19. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I'll try :)

dirkjacobasch likes this.
  20. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I'm starting the map, indeed, i'm tired of this ship, need to change! Here is some WIP, without lightmap or effect for now. I setup the lightning first, if the rendering is cool without post effect, it should be better with :)

This day i'll try the new GPU lightmapping :) If i get cool result i'll post a video.

Capture d’écran 2019-02-03 à 11.46.29.png Capture d’écran 2019-02-03 à 11.48.20.png

AshyB, Neviah, Rajmahal and 2 others like this.
  21. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

Very cool images

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  22. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Ready to reach the stars?

At the start, i wanted to use the unity lens flares, but there is many issue when you are in the cockpit...

Instead lose my time, i created my own by hand I re-worked too on the ambiant lightning to give a more "cold" impression... I hope you like it, it's cool to make a creative break... Because modeling all the time is a bit boring :)

Capture d’écran 2019-02-03 à 21.09.22.png Capture d’écran 2019-02-03 à 21.20.20.png

Rajmahal, dirkjacobasch and hopeful like this.
  23. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Absolutely stunning. You should apply for a job at NASA to design their next space shuttle. :)

dirkjacobasch and Creepy-Cat like this.
  24. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi

Yeah it should be cool :)

So, for the moment i'm working on the map, here is a cool HD video on youtube ;) I'm satisfied of the map ambiance, a cold and lonely place... I like my new metal maps :)

Here is the video, recorded on a gamer PC and a Radeon RX 580, there is some small freeze sometime but there is unity behind, computing a lightmap (but it's better than my old mac, i hope you appreciate the video effort :) :) )...

I reworked also the planet maps, now they are 16K.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    Quarior, smada-luap and EstudioVR like this.
  25. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

That looks amazing.

Creepy-Cat and AshyB like this.
  26. AshyB

AshyB

Probably the coolest thing I've seen on the asset store.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  27. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

I need it! :)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  28. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Quarior likes this.
  29. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I'm still working on the pilots chairs, the chair allow you to be rotated and moved (screen 1) to take place :) or create animations... Modularity is always my ways! And of course all new panels will be pushable :)

Can't wait to attack the texturing :)

Capture d’écran 2019-02-09 à 02.04.30 2.png Capture d’écran 2019-02-09 à 02.04.30.png Capture d’écran 2019-02-09 à 02.05.27.png

dirkjacobasch and hopeful like this.
  30. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I'm working on a new panel system, i hope this will be more easy to setup for VR users! (No enought money to buy a VR setup for now), but all the panel now will be composed directly into unity, to allow a prefab using more easy to code.

I worked on the pieces needed :

Capture d’écran 2019-02-12 à 12.25.46.png

All those panels will be included into unity on the pilot cockpit panel :

Capture d’écran 2019-02-12 à 12.27.58.png

AshyB, dirkjacobasch and EstudioVR like this.
  31. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

Hey, that's cool. In the meantime I made 2 new textures for the Ext_Fence_01 model. :)
    Ext_Fence_01.jpg

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  32. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Cool :) Enjoy the kit modifications! It was made for this :)

33. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

Hey Creepy-Cat here is the new video. I hope you like it.
    Don't know why the planet scene is looking so bad after encoding.
    Ingame it looks great. :)

Gervais60, EstudioVR and Creepy-Cat like this.
  34. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

It's really cool!

Very good video, the lightning is really well made, and the space ambiant also! It's cool to see that the kit can be mixed with other assets without too much stylish differences.

Keep up good job.

35. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  36. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

By the way Unity finally has it's own discord channel where you can advertise your assets and talk with other artists. ;)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  37. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

The creepy cat spoken english suxx so so much.... :) :)

38. smada-luap

smada-luap

Probably infinitely times better than typing it out in your own language and then letting Google translate bodge the translation :)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  39. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

For sure lol :) :)

40. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

I like your french accent. :)

41. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Lol :) How can you listen this and like it... It hurt my own ears!

42. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Sorry i don't give news since a while, but i was sick again... flu... for the second time. So i'm better now!
    But i'm sure it's once again my students gave me this virus... Schools are definitely virus nests. But I went back to work, and I'm working on the cockpit chair textures!

Once this work is done, I will integrate this seat into the ship and I will finish the implementation of the props. And once that's over I'll make the release of the first spaceship version (the next will integrate the interior kit) ...

Thank you for your patience, I normally had to release the package in January, but I was late with my other work....

2019-02-22_012254.png

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Fijit, dirkjacobasch and hopeful like this.
  43. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

If I am not mistaken, the Z axis of several models in "P_Spaceship_Walkyrie_Mark_1" is reversed. I hope you can consider fixing them.

44. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi AngelBeatsZzz

Are you sure ? (See screen) you wanna laught ? When i released the package, Unity break my balls to turn out the -90 rotation X... I needed to turn all my meshes to get 0 for rotation X. So are you sure that the prefab are baddly turned for you?

Regards

2019-02-23_025641.png

45. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

I was doing the joystick rotation of the game, and my game joystick was rotated with the spaceship, and as a result, the joystick to the right when the spaceship turned to the left. I tried a lot of way but didn't solve the problem, including using the empty object as the parent object in the rotation. I think I can solve this problem, just need more trials. thank you for your reply.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  46. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

And it not solve the problem? It's strange? Usually parenting a gameobject to a parent remove the current local axis? Are you sure that not a code problem instead? Local / World rotations bullshit?

Regards

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  47. neodorus

neodorus

Hello, @Creepy-Cat, very nice asset you've got there! Congratulations for your superb work.
    I was kind of on the fence whether to buy it or not, but this screenshot of the ship sealed the deal for me. Just to clarify, is this included in the package? Or will it be?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  48. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Yeah, this spaceship will be included into the next package update :) It's a enormous work to do... and i'm alone, but i'm working on, i don't have precise release date to give you, but all of this is planed :)

Note : For this new update the package price will be increased by 5$, take it now :)

49. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

I canceled the connection between the joystick and the spaceship rotation, and now the problem is solved.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Creepy-Cat likes this.
  50. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

Are you talking about the joystick model in the cockpit or your game controller?