Search Unity

[RELEASED] 3D Scifi Kit Vol 3 official topic!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Creepy-Cat, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Sounds great. Military ship would be most useful to me.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  2. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

It is possible to put turrets on the ship :) If i have time i'll make canon especialy for it. But the modularity allow you to plug some device on the ship :)

Do not forget that the others ship can be customized! (I know i need to make a missil rack...)

juris3d_unity likes this.
  3. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

But before getting the big spaceship, i need to make the greybox phase. It's absolutely not a waste of time because this phase allow me to make the good parts size before making the real meshes. But this part of the job is absolutely horrible :) :)

PD: Just to get an idea of the size, i put the actual rover near the ship :).

Capture d’écran 2018-11-05 à 02.30.57.png

AshyB and Rajmahal like this.
  4. nikix22

nikix22

I tested this asset in my game! :) it is better then I expected :)
    My only suggestion is for some meshes to be closed from all sides. Most of them are closed, only to have some of them closed :) thanks for great modular asset!

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  5. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi

Thanks to bought the kit :) Some pieces are not closed, to gain a maximum of polygons! Example, a wall, there is no reason to keep the polygon on the bottom. But you can always fill the holes with another piece of the kit :)

It should be interresting to make mobile tests with the kit, i'm sure that possible to get some result with optimized levels :)

Regards

PS: DO not hesitate to post a review :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  6. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

W.I.P of the vessel reactors :) I'm working on the landing gears glued on the reactors.

Capture d’écran 2018-11-06 à 23.31.06.png

Neviah likes this.
  7. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey :)

I worked on the reactors supports. The mobiles parts can now be tested in fly mode :)

Capture d’écran 2018-11-08 à 02.15.36.png

Capture d’écran 2018-11-08 à 01.38.50.png

Neviah likes this.
  8. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Vessel body W.I.P, not finished yet, i want get the better form for the global "body" :)

Capture d’écran 2018-11-09 à 00.38.01.png Capture d’écran 2018-11-09 à 00.36.33.png Capture d’écran 2018-11-09 à 00.36.20.png

Neviah likes this.
  9. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

First unity import test, i like the proportions of the vessel, i'll add some stuff on the side to increase the reactor pivot arm. Into the cockpit in front i'll make a large cockpit module inside the hole, with a large window :) Can't wait to make the first cockpit view test....

And maybe a large window on the top of the vessel... I need to make some tests.

The cockpit space will be modulable, all the elements inside can be arranged for your needs :) Nothing frozen...

Capture d’écran 2018-11-09 à 04.08.50.png

juris3d_unity, Neviah and smada-luap like this.
  10. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

juris3d_unity and smada-luap like this.
  11. smada-luap

smada-luap

Won't really matter with good textures :D

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  12. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Not really :) On a big spaceship like this details are a bit important! (To keep visually the good object 'ratio' between this objects and the others, more smaller))

13. petercoleman

petercoleman

I purchased this asset for my game. It is really good for me as as apart from the static things it gives us it also provides game dynamics essential for my game at least. e.g. vehicles, no gravity :) without which I was stuck progressing my game and had been waiting for something like this kit to come along for a long time. I am very happy with it.

The new vessel looks good and is indeed looking nice and big! Looking forward to seeing it progress.

I am finding that the objects will need to be optimised for my game which is not mobile but PC and I need to remove most of the spot lights and perhaps some of the particle effects at the very least and reset all the lighting myself to suit and thats fine.

This as my game is largely open world with large worlds and complex so I always have to optimise anyway and find ways to do things like load and unload assets on the fly when needed.

Anyway thanks for a great asset.

Peter

14. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi Peter :)

Thanks to bought the kit, glad to ear that fit your needs :) Yes you right, there is a shadow off to do on the projectors! On the map Red Planet they use a good FPS ratio.

Regards

PS: DO not hesitate to put a small review on the product :)

15. juris3d_unity

juris3d_unity

That upcoming ship - there is something "Firefly"-ish about it, if you know what I mean... :) And, that's a Good Thing.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  16. Gervais60

Gervais60

You should put the opening of the cargo at the back with a door there this will give use a huge space to put cargo in the ship. Love the way you did create it

17. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi

I can't! Because the ship is very very big, around 300 meters, make a big rear door on this kind of ship do not have sens, i can't imagine a door on a 300 meters long spaceship :) :)

I think go to this direction (inspired by prometheus), a big cargo bay dropping down, once the ship is landed.

As you can see this cargo bay is really big, enought to put the bigger kit vehicle (the big rover), the pink cube represent the size of a character controler :) Big baby isn't it?

Regards

Capture d’écran 2018-11-13 à 16.36.24.png Capture d’écran 2018-11-13 à 16.36.55.png

AshyB and Neviah like this.
  18. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey!

I'm beginning the landing gears, three of them will be glued on each reactor! They are big... The pink cube is a character controler.

See ya!

Capture d’écran 2018-11-15 à 16.10.46.png Capture d’écran 2018-11-15 à 16.11.15.png

19. Gervais60

Gervais60

Did you have a chance to thing how the pilot(s) are going to enter the cockpit of this aircraft
    I would like to know

Thanks

20. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

By the docking bay :) The spaceship will have some interiors. This spaceship is too big to make enter the pilots directly into the command center.

21. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Reactor test with body modification to permit to the landing gear to be rotated...

Capture d’écran 2018-11-16 à 01.43.03.png

Rajmahal, Neviah and juris3d_unity like this.
  22. hopeful

hopeful

The scale is very interesting! :)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  23. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi Creepy-Cat,

Thanks for that.

I have a request if you can help?

If you have any spare time sometime would it be possible for you to provide an optional set of textures other than PSD for the Atlas map textures. I usually convert textures with transparency such as .tga to either .png or .dds as they they can be generally significantly smaller. PDS are massive and eat up so much system resources for users both in an end game and especially when testing and developing in the Unity Editor which is far less efficient than a final published game.

My game project folder has currently 360 thousand items in it and as you can imagine many thousands of those are texture files all of which Unity has to manage the memory allocation for while developing. If my textures were all PSD Unity would grind to a halt :)

Most of my levels are open world and large and complex so a lot of drain on anyone's system resources.

I have attached a screen shot of a level I need to add some of the assets content. I will restrict it to some ships from the asset pack here. The buildings just eat up to much resources for inclusion here and I am using some others from another asset which in any case I decided were a little more appropriate (looking) to include in a level based on Earth keeping yours to add to the later off world levels :) This level is called "Battle Port" (basically a giant platform 300 feet in the air at this point) and as it suggests is a battle area so a lot more of that to add mostly dynamic content like allies, enemies, aircraft, turrets ships including at least one from your asset pack which will allow the Player to get on to it an move from Earth all yet which adds to the complexity substantially. Now that's a challenge but hopefully I can get there and get it done successfully. Wish me luck :)

I tried converting the asset pack PSD's myself but could not do it successfully with any software I have.

Anyway no worries about the textures just thought it might possibly help me and others in optimising the content somewhat.

TheLeaving_Awaiting.png

Thanks again for a great asset.

Peter

24. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi Peter :) !

Can you clarify? I don't understand the question? Because all the textures package are in PNG format? Except the metalic map (that need to be in TIFF format for PBR)?

Regards

25. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi Creepy-Cat,

My Bad :) Please Ignore me. Must have been having a bad day and lost my mind for a moment! Of course you are correct and just noticed I had already converted the Tiff files though cant remember off hand if my converted files work OK. I am not running Unity at the moment.

Anyway. Sorry. If I have a prob I will sort it my end and apologise for bothering you in the first place.

Regards

Peter

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  26. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

No problem Peter you welcome! :) do not forget that the TIFF format is needed to get PBR rendering for metalic map! Convert them to another format like JPEG change the rendering...

27. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi Creepy-Cat,

Yes. Whatever first thing is I have to be able to make a game that I and end user players can run so whatever it takes to do that must be done. I can do without PBR if I have to :)

Most of my levels have so much detail and content that they dwarf any individual items all round in the overall complexity and I have to somehow run then which to date I have managed to do by one method or another. I am sure I will sort it but thanks for your help which is much appreciated....

Just posted a review by the way. Hope that's OK.

Peter

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  28. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Okey Dokey :) Thanks for the review, really appreciated!

29. petercoleman

petercoleman

Thank You. I wanted to help your asset a little if I could. I will let you know how I get on with some screen shots or Video when I eventually get around to using the asset in earnest when I get to work more on my off world and Sci Fi levels. I already have around large 25 levels based on Earth to complete and need to integrate a lot more assets yet - mainly Lip Sync and potentially therefore needing perhaps a behaviour designer and dialogue system if necessary. I use RFPSP, TAIS and UMA for Player, enemy and civilian characters and AI so its hard work integrating everything.

I will leave you alone now to get on with your work.

Peter

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  30. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

I like this pack, I have two questions.
    1. UI images without PSD layered files are difficult to use, I can't perfectly separate each element. Maybe you can consider providing a split UI image directly.
    2. Have you considered making a lowpoly version of the sci-fi pack? I really like the huge models and interiors you make in the pack, and most of the lowpoly sci-fi packs on the market are missing these two things. So, I am looking forward to your lowpoly pack.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  31. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi Angel

Originaly those images was just here to populate the kit computer screen :) Feel free to the user to change them. But if you want i can provide a clean version of the background without text for the next release?

Not yet! Because pushing the actual pack to this current state needed bunch of work... But it's a good idea! Maybe when i will tired to make spaceship, i can think to a low poly version of some pieces containing round surfaces.

Regards

PS : Do not hesitate to put a small review ,)

32. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Yes, the background image is enough.;)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  33. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Ok :) (I have a fish brain... If i forget to not hesitate to send me a remember via mail :)

So for the news :

Due to the ship size, i'm beginning right now some parts of the texturing, because i don't want to make all the textures at the end... Here is a part of the landing gear textured, it's a W.I.P without metal map etc. Just ID and Normal.

Rajmahal likes this.
  34. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

(Sigh..) Gear texturing finish! ;)

Capture d’écran 2018-11-25 à 01.52.06.png

AshyB, juris3d_unity and Neviah like this.
  35. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Let's go for the reactor texturing :) Big baby isn't it ? :) Note : grey cube = You :)

Capture d’écran 2018-11-25 à 12.49.48.png

juris3d_unity, AshyB and Razmot like this.
  36. Kriszo91

Kriszo91

Hello!

I just boughted your assets couple of minutes ago and it's AMAZING!
    Thank you for this awesome work, i just had a little problem, as i seen Unity downloaded the 1.06 version and i can't find the new ship class, in the readme the latest update is Update 1.06, maybe i need to redownload?

Thank you!

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  37. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi

It's strange :/ ! On my side i can't do something, publishers do not have any control on the download, the only thing i can say is :

- Check your Unity Version! The release 1.07 need unity 2018
    - Try on another PC...
    - Send an email to Uniy support (do not hesitate, they reply quickly)

Thanks to bought the kit, and do not hesitate to put a review after testing :)

38. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi

I just checked on my side, the actual online version is the 1.07 :
    Capture d’écran 2018-11-26 à 15.45.39.png

But yeah, contact the support your are the second users to report me this problem.

39. Kriszo91

Kriszo91

Thank you for the quick reply.
    Contact with the asset store support?

Downloaded size 768mb

40. Kriszo91

Kriszo91

Package contents
    732.9 MB
    Total file size 732.9 MB
    Number of files 1014

but its show current ver 1.07 in the asset store page

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  41. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi

I believe you! :) It's just that your unity or a problem linked to your account avoid the update loading. One of my users report me a similar problem (solved by installing unity on another pc, seem to be a package cache problem... on this case)

For the email contact Unity and open a ticket : unity Technologies <support@unity3d.com>

Regards

42. Kriszo91

Kriszo91

Redownloaded, same result, tried another computer same result. i will write to unity!

But anyway thank you for your quick reply! :)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  43. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi

No problem do not hesitate to say here if it work or not, after the Unity email :)

Regards

44. AshyB

AshyB

I've had the same problem with other assets by different developers, it's like the store caches it. I just had to wait a few weeks and it was up to date.

Your work is fantastic cat. Keep it up. You seem to be one of the few developers that actually think about how their assets will be used. Most publishers just throw out an asset and then as a buyer your left trying to fill voids between the different functions you want to achieve.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  45. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

And you know why ? Because i use them, really! Lol :) When i create a kit, i try all the time to fit the customer jacket, for each objects i create : It is usefull? It can be used for other things? :) In the case of a user without skill with 3D softwares, it is easy to use? etc...

Many many questions... All my skills about modularity push up, kit after kit! Modularity is a large subject.

About support :
    I prefer give a real professional work/support, first because i hate reply to angry customer's (or refund my work), not time to spend with those bullshit, and i estimate that i need to give the same quality i want to get, when i buy something... no more blabla about it!

See ya :)

And for a more personal note : I always wanted create a game... A no boring space game, based on the old school game "Descent/Freespace", but due to no time i never realized this project :) And when i create a kit, i keep the little hope, that a solid team, one day, create a solid/nice project with my datas...

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  46. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey

Fresh news, the reactor texturing is almost finish! I need to texture the top part, but i'm happy about the rendering/size feeling. Next the body...

PS: Gears/foots can be rotated...

Capture d’écran 2018-11-26 à 23.38.59.png Capture d’écran 2018-11-26 à 23.39.22.png Capture d’écran 2018-11-26 à 23.39.54.png Capture d’écran 2018-11-26 à 23.40.25.png

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  47. smada-luap

smada-luap

Out of curiosity - how many different texture sheets (just regular albedo, not including normal map, etc.) have you used here? Or have you got it all onto one?

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  48. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Atlas re-using, a maximum... I want a light kit, for the moment only 16 albedo for the entire kit (and they associated textures AO/Norm etc)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  49. smada-luap

smada-luap

Nicely done.

I thought with the overall scale of it that you may have had to split it into a couple of albedo textures :)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  50. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I need to find way to avoid numerous textures files, the best solution for that is, split the polygon.... It's a eternal combat between the number of textures VS number of polygons.