Search Unity

[RELEASED] 3D Scifi Kit Vol 3 official topic!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Creepy-Cat, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi

I will try the package with the latest Unity version. The messages you get are not very important, it's some normal unity warning... But i'll take a look.

Some words about the package quality should be cool :) Do not stop on those warning. The most important thing is :

The console, error red lines :) The warning are not important and they don't generate error when you launch the demo maps.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  2. hopeful

hopeful

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  3. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Yeah! I saw this :) It is very cool, and the first time for me :)

@ChesterGMA
    The package run correctly with the latest unity version, just tested, don't care about the warnings.

ChesterGMA likes this.
  4. ChesterGMA

ChesterGMA

OK! Thanks for checking it for me.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  5. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

The most important thing to know with Unity is the console error red lines (about the scripts or the shaders) when you load a new project, but if you only get yellow warning it's ok, most of those warning will not appear when you reload a second time you project :)

But the kit scripts/shaders are ok, you can play and enjoy!

6. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

danreid70 and hopeful like this.
  7. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  8. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey all :)

Here is a small video to show you the spaceship of the release 1.11, i think to submit the package this week end!
    I hope you like it :)

hjohnsen, Neviah and danreid70 like this.
  9. danreid70

danreid70

Very cool!!! Love this new addition!!! And saw your earlier vid with the separate overhead lights so they can be removed for customization of the bridge... a small thing but very nice that you did it! ;) Thanks, and cant wait to see what you design next!!!

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  10. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

The same for the doors, lift, and gears :)

danreid70 likes this.
  11. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

So! I'll publish the package today finally :) Tonight on CG Trader, soon on the UAS... I reworked a bit the demo scenes to include the Constellation ship!

Capture d'écran 2019-10-17 10.11.31.png

2019-10-17_101653.png

danreid70 and Neviah like this.
  12. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey, for the next release a new skybox will be included, more "Mars" style :) No more blue planets...

At this time, i don't decide yet what to include for the 1.12... I'm hesitating between a big modular commercial/transport ship that allow you to build some new spaceship models, or a military ship, or the stargate (i need to finish) ?, i don't know...

Or maybe it will be something different! :)

Note: Package released on CG Trader! Download it!

upload_2019-10-17_20-34-50.png

13. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

vote for big modular commercial/transport ship

Gervais60, danreid70 and Creepy-Cat like this.
  14. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Very cool, i looking for same Escape Pod´s and a Habitat Version for the Buildings on Mars or other Planets :D

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  15. hopeful

hopeful

Looks great! Seems suitable for a diplomatic vessel, shuttle, research ship, or space yacht. :)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  16. hopeful

hopeful

A simple escape pod using the same art style is a good idea. Very commonly used in stories.

17. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Can you clarify? Any reference screen? Just to get an idea :)

Idem, if you have screenshot... I'm not native english :)

18. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

A time ago, i worked quickly on a greybox model for the transport ship, it could be something like this :

The three cargo baymodule in front, are thinked to be modular and extensible :) If you want 5 => 10 modules, you can :) But i need to think a bit the scales... I wanted the rover can get in :)

upload_2019-10-17_22-56-22.png

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    Gervais60 and danreid70 like this.
  19. hopeful

hopeful

An escape pod is the spaceship equivalent of a modern ship's lifeboat. It holds one or more people and little else, to be used only in case of emergency, and is intended to support life for a brief period of time in space or possibly for atmospheric re-entry and landing.

A lot of escape pod concepts are roughly spherical, but if they are intended to remain in space - which is reasonable - they could be any shape (square, cylindrical, capsule, etc.), and if they are for landing on a nearby planet, they could have a shape like an old Apollo landing capsule or maybe have small maneuvering / landing engines. What would be really cool would be if some features could be optional ... like easy to add / remove engines.

Here's a HQ and LQ one from the UAS. A Google image search shows a bunch of possibilities.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  20. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

With few ours of work (greybox mode only) , it can be something like this :

- Loooonng.... :) :) But modularity gona help me...

- Able to make enter Akorn ships class and rover in each transport module.

The others spaceship body are here to show you the scales... But this ship can be a military ship with ease, place some canon and launch some valkyrie class ships :) :)

upload_2019-10-18_0-52-52.png

Gervais60, danreid70 and hopeful like this.
  21. hopeful

hopeful

I like the modularity of the cargo / military ship. With those middle sections, you can make the ship longer or shorter, kind of like a space train.

Might be good to add some optional things, like maybe some kind of antenna / sensor mast, maybe modules studded with lifeboats or probes, and IDK what else. Mining is a common space theme ... is there any way that a mining function would add an optional module? Rescue / salvage operations? Asteroid debris protection? Massive reactor or massive gun? Colony bays?

I know we already have some sensor / weapon stuff, and these bases may be covered by existing parts. I'm just throwing things out there to see if it jiggles anything loose in your creative mind. :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    Creepy-Cat likes this.
  22. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

You right! It's absolutly like this i work :) thanks for the ideas! I'll try to make a mix between your and my informations :)

For the mining i plan a small ship made for this! If you need to mine, you can use the "Oblivion" drone i provide to make your job?

But I would like the experience (I gained during the creation of the two others) serve me to make this one...

Indeed, this is the first time I make ships as big and complex. For the "Infinity" I was completely blinded by the desire to remake just a "Prometheus like" for the low poly challenge ...

But when I had to do the links with the interior kit, things were much less simple :) :) :) I was completly outside my own "grid"...

For the "Constellation" I have not made the same mistakes, but I have made others! (Example, if you level up to much the rear gears, a piece of the meshes appear into the engine room)

That's why on this ship I will take more time for the phase "greybox" before going like a turbo jet into the modeling process... Because this ship can be quite versatile! Indeed modules can either load things like containers. Or we can also imagine habitable modules or military!

I think this ship will need more that one revision, like "Infinity". The first version will be (I think) a pure transport ship ... And I'll do other revisions that add modules, and i also think that I will add some new walls and floors for the interior kit, to give a "less clean" look for this transport ship. More industrial.

I think I can also integrate the "Escape Pods" under the ship, bottom one of the modules. It do not ask so much work :)

This night i found the ship name! It should be:

UNC Falabella

(Why? I don't know, but i like the phonetics of the word)

Note for your mind : A "Falabella is" a small elegant horse :)

FalabellaFestivo.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    danreid70 likes this.
  23. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

In Alien movie, the Nostromo vessel, a cargo, have 380 meters long. Just a reference.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  24. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey :)

If i remember, the infinity is long of 300 meters, and the constellation is around 90/100 meters, this new guy should be 600 meters! :) :)

hopeful, danreid70 and EstudioVR like this.
  25. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Here is a littel Video
    of a Habitat Station in ue4 or here is a Picture from Osiris New Dawn : [/QUOTE]

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  26. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Thanks for the video! But you can actually build some small module if you want to make a mars game! I provide many structs into the kit, but you can build your own :) they are less "mars capsule style" but they work too :)

Pandur1982 likes this.
  27. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

hopeful, danreid70 and Pandur1982 like this.
  28. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Neviah and hopeful like this.
  29. hopeful

hopeful

Thank you for putting an escape hatch up top (if that's what that is). It could also be a zero-g dock, for rescues where the pod doesn't fit with the rescue ship.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  30. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I had planned, more to be able to eject a parachute!

31. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey :)

Finally, i re-batched the metal textures... I was not happy of my previous result...

So, i re-made them from scratch! The rendering is more realistic and the reflexions are better (compute lightmap) and the metal effects are more precise...

Do not forget to add the post effect "global reflexion"

Here is a dropbox link for you! Just overwrite the old .TIF files into the textures directory :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wi2nuku8w3gubl/Textures.zip?dl=0

Really? do it... :)

This new metal maps will be included in the next release (1.12), but i would like to share this new cool addition with you!

NOTE: Do not forget to add the metalic map to the material named :

Wall_Atlas_20_ID

I forgot to do...

upload_2019-10-20_17-54-46.png

upload_2019-10-20_16-13-13.png

upload_2019-10-20_16-13-21.png

upload_2019-10-20_16-13-28.png

upload_2019-10-20_17-49-2.png

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    EstudioVR, hopeful and danreid70 like this.
  32. hopeful

hopeful

I was thinking of that too ... as one of several possibilities for a hatch up top.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  33. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Pandur1982 likes this.
  34. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

hopeful, EstudioVR and Neviah like this.
  35. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

EstudioVR likes this.
  36. hopeful

hopeful

I'm surprised the enclosed volume isn't larger. If it was larger, the transport ship could be more easily used as a quest map.

So I was thinking, "What if I double the size of the model on import?" Like, twice as high, twice as wide, twice as long. That might work in some ways, but I think the internal supports are already too massive, and a straight doubling would make them worse. They are like for a skyscraper, but each chamber is actually small. So I'd want to probably cut the supports about in half, in addition to doubling the size the of the module, or just remove the supports and do my own thing.

Anyway, you do what works for you. I'm just putting down some thoughts as I see it.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  37. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

To understand better (i hope), here is a 3D view of the spaceships to see where i want to go :

upload_2019-10-22_23-38-35.png

The idea for this ship is :

Create a fixed body, but some independant modules (they can be chained to increase or reduce the ship size!)

upload_2019-10-22_23-41-36.png

Each module can carry on 4 rovers or some walkyrie!

upload_2019-10-22_23-44-59.png

For the front module, i plan a version with a big hangar, and one version closed :

upload_2019-10-22_23-50-24.png

Of course i'll try to split to half the height of the interior, but the "big" struct will stay like this to allow you to amenage this space for your needs! Because you can too include some module made with the exterior kit inside :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  38. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

With the actual exterior kit, the hangar is enought bigger to make something :)

upload_2019-10-23_0-23-35.png

And for the second module you can add some prefab to make an interior!

upload_2019-10-23_0-33-15.png

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  39. hopeful

hopeful

I don't mean to complain. Maybe it IS a good size. But either way, I think I can probably adjust the size if I need to.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  40. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I know! :) It's sometime me too i'm not really sure to explain the things correctly... damn langage frontier.. ! :)

So here is some new shoot about the spaceship, here is some external views and one of the interior (W.I.P) but a big panoramic window should be cool!

upload_2019-10-23_18-40-5.png

upload_2019-10-23_18-40-14.png

upload_2019-10-23_18-40-24.png

hopeful and EstudioVR like this.
  41. danreid70

danreid70

I like! Could you have some doors (and connecting exterior “hallway” like the glass tube in the orbital platform) at front and back of each cargo module so a player could walk between them and the main body of the ship? The crew may need access to the bays during long hauls... ;)

AWESOME new ship!!! Already thinking of some cool scenarios with it!

42. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Yeah i'll try to make some entry, different than the cargo bay :)

danreid70 likes this.
  43. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi friends

The cat is silent at the moment ... Indeed, Unity has the good idea to change the format of the images on the new store! Which is not a bad idea!

The problem is that when you have, like me a lot of product online, you have to reload all the projects and redo all the images ....

What takes me an infinite time! So when the moment when the new image format will be active (during November) I should upload ALL my products

The good news is that it allowed me to do many fix lights / post effects / materials / scene etc. for Unity 2018.3.X!

I currently finish the showrooms of 1 => 8 / Medieval house Kit / Scifi Kit 1 / Scifi Kit 2 etc ... I will do the others the following days.

I tryed! :) But all my tests to make joint all those damn modules do not seduce me... But i think that possible to make another method to allow the users to make exteriors with the modules! Via this lateral cargo bay (screen).

I worked a bit on the ship global form.

upload_2019-11-4_9-18-22.png

44. hopeful

hopeful

Looking forward to it! I think the long cargo ship is a great idea.

Also looking forward to new pictures on the asset store, and in general - as a buyer - I hope we will be able to see more close-up details. (Not an issue with Creepy Cat products, that I recall.)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  45. TwilightSquire

TwilightSquire

@Creepy-Cat I've been using Scifi Kit Vol. 3 for a few weeks now — the craftsmanship and attention to detail is incredible! Have you had much experience using your kit in VR? I'm still learning best practices for Unity, but I'd love to get any advice on how to set lighting properly or chase down aliasing in the most effective way for VR. So far I've been struggling to get the UI and hologram elements to look clean (lots of crawling edges, etc.). Could just be my inexperience with the project settings, but I thought that I'd ask anyway.

My thanks for your assets and the extraordinary value! So awesome to have such high-quality building blocks to experiment with!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    EstudioVR and Creepy-Cat like this.
  46. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

@TwilightSquire

Hi

Happy to read this kind of message :) About the antialiasing it's a problem relative to Unity, i got the same and i don't know how to remove this :/ I made some test with HDRP and the problem seem a bit fixed by unity... ( I tryed my meshes on Unreal Engine and i don't get aliasing problems)

About VR (example Oculus quest), the rules are the same for any package :

- Only one pixel light ! (Directional)
    - Backing lightmap

The lightmap computation is terribly long (more than 4 hours for the map "red planet" with a Core I7 and 16 Gb ram) , but the result is nice. Next you need to optimize the objects number, reduce the textures sizes (or number, example remove the AO map etc).

Regards

PS: DO not hesitate to put a review !!!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  47. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

I use the kit a lot in VR. Mesh Baker for reduce draw calls and CTAA for antialiasing. They are my tools

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  48. TwilightSquire

TwilightSquire

Thanks for the tips! I will definitely research these tools.

EstudioVR and Creepy-Cat like this.
  49. TwilightSquire

TwilightSquire

Thank you for the reply! I will continue my R&D — I've had some improvements reducing or removing the specularity from many of the prefab rooms. The control room in the command ship with all of the holograms and computer screens is the one causing the most issues. Right now just trying a variety of settings to see how clean I can get it. Still a long way to go!

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  50. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat