Search Unity

[RELEASED] 3D Scifi Kit Vol 3 official topic!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Creepy-Cat, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Don't talk to me about this... I'm really tired by this new store. If no update tomorow i'll contact the unity support like each time...

EstudioVR and wersw73 like this.
  2. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Email sent, one time again, like each updates (a bit boring...) :

@AndrewAssetStore : Hi Andrew :)

3. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

Your next project I will buy on CG Trader

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  4. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I'm a bit working on my new webgl webiste, it's a WIP (only PC/Mac):

blitz3dfr.free.fr

It's the first time a webgl project working for me :) :) Usually i get numerous problem and error...

2019-08-09_185639.png

5. mr_narwhal

mr_narwhal

Hi @Creepy-Cat, I bought your Scifi Kit Vol 3 on cgtrader and really wanted to use the Ptolemy station assets to make a multi level external space station. I was wondering if it was possible to have a more modular Space_Base_Module_01 where the bay doors could be completely removed so it's just a solid module with no doors?

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  6. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi Thanks to bought the kit! So for your question : Actually no! If i made an update of the spacestation, i'll try, but not right now...

If it's just the door that's causing you a problem, maybe you just disable the door script to get a closed space? If the door is "visually" a big problem, i think there is a possibility, via fake object caching (Screen), here is a example with simple floors to hide the doors (take a look into the Build prefabs folder).

The next kit update should be a space travel portal! it's hard to please everyone when you make a kit! :) There is always a missing object :)

Regards

2019-08-10_092827.png

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    juris3d_unity likes this.
  7. conjLob

conjLob

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  8. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Many thanks! Actually i'm on 1000 stuff at the same time :) :) But i'll try the shader for sure!

9. rydewitt

rydewitt

does this work with 2019 releases?

10. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Not tryed yet with 2019 because my customers dont jump all yet... I generated bunch of time the same package for my CG Trader store without problem, with the same Unity version.

I don't understand why it is so difficult to Unity to admit there is maybe a problem on they side... Because after 4 upload of the same package without result, i don't see why a 5 upload will solve the problem?

Note : I precise that i update my others package with this version since months... And another point relative to THIS product, sometime my users can't get the correct update! Unity won't load it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  11. rydewitt

rydewitt

Well, its a badass product. Thinking about using for my low budget sci-fi movie.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  12. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Yeah give me your money :) It's a good idea!

13. zshep

zshep

Hi,
    Is there any information about what has been changed/added in 1.10? I am exporting assets into another engine, which means the pipeline is a little complicated, and I'd rather know what will be gained/changed by doing so.

Cheers.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  14. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

The 1.10 version is the spaceship interior kit. It is explained since more than 4 months :) But unity just come to release this version.

Regards

Note : All informations are in this topic for the futur. Take a time to read the topic, to see where i want to go with this package. For your import into another engine : I don't add new textures in this version, just new meshes, i think you can add the 1.10 version with ease :) The directory's struct is clear.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  15. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

Your new Webgl site is very inspiring. Congratulations.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  16. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Many thanks :) Yeah! I found that a good idea to make my website with WebGL in 3D to show my products :)

wersw73 likes this.
  17. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hello

Sorry to leave the topic abandoned! But the holidays are over, and I finished mine with a "small" quad accident ... My back fell on stones and I walk like a geisha now :) :)

But I'm better for a week, and I had to create several other products to compensate the crappy sales of the previous months ...

But it gave me time to think about the release 1.11 :)

And I would like to integrate a new civilian vessel in this release! The ship will be smaller than the previous one, but the experience I gained will allow me to improve some things for this one.

Something "less big" ... Because I struggled to finish the previous :) But the interior kit is ready now! Just the body to do...

2019-09-05_083705.png

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    danreid70 likes this.
  18. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

It should be something like this... (inspired by i600 star citizen) With a panoramic pilot view too :)

2019-09-05_113757.png

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    danreid70, hopeful and wersw73 like this.
  19. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

After 6 years of blindness, the cat discover sketchfab... Try in VR! :)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    danreid70 and wersw73 like this.
  20. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Better late than never... :D

hopeful and Creepy-Cat like this.
  21. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Sure, i discovered the website a couple of days, i thinked that the technology needed for sketchfab use some software etc... But i was wrong :) Really simple...

Edit: I think i was confused by marmoset toolbag...

22. hopeful

hopeful

I like this idea a lot. It's a smaller craft that shares a lot of the same design "feel" with the other one, and it's going to share textures too, which is great. :)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  23. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

And it's also a store, without review time. However it's very limited with the package size...
    Also, they're french.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  24. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Working to add more details, and the necessary interior kit connections modules :)

* Violet cubes = One character

2019-09-07_012316.png 2019-09-07_012250.png

danreid70 likes this.
  25. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

danreid70 likes this.
  26. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

A wip of the spaceship, i'm happy of my new mapping technic, it eat a bit more polygons, but it allow me to get a low number of textures into the kit :)

2019-09-09_163747.png 2019-09-09_163806.png 2019-09-09_163825.png

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    danreid70 and hopeful like this.
  27. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi :)

Here is some news :) After few days of hard work, i can finaly make my spaceship half part mirror collapsing! Everything is textured for the body, i need now finish the cockpit maps... But i like the rendering!

I got some strange polygons pinch to the top of the cockpit, they make me crazy, but i'll find and kill them...

I need to finish the reactors and many small things before say that finish :) I hope you like it!?

2019-09-10_152638.png 2019-09-10_152715.png 2019-09-10_152728.png

wersw73, midian808 and hopeful like this.
  28. hopeful

hopeful

Very slick design. Looks like it was made by an advanced civilization. :)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  29. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Indeed, it is a style of design that I do not usually attack because it is quite complex to model, the mapping must follow perfectly the grid of polygons. but for a first test wthis this technic, i'm happy :)

30. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I'm working on the cockpit, in need to unwrap wall back meshe, but i try right now the previous prefabs integration:) Else it can generate scale problem between the elements.

But the scale "feeling" is good, i'm ok with my scales :) :) (sigh)!

2019-09-10_234915.png 2019-09-10_234720.png 2019-09-10_234747.png 2019-09-10_234841.png

wersw73, hopeful and midian808 like this.
  31. danreid70

danreid70

LOVE IT!!! I bought this asset (and a couple of your other packs) because they’re just packed with detail! The latest BIG ship is awesome! I do scale everything down by .75 to fit the aesthetic of 2 meter tall characters, but that’s not a big deal.

Only feedback I have on this new beautiful ship in its early stages:
    A large enough “loading ramp” for transporting small vehicles?
    Hard to tell from the early images, but is there a lower deck with enough room for players to enjoy the view from that huge lower “window”? With the bridge over it, it seems wasted.
    Can the curves overhead light-bars be separate objects so we can remove them for some “customizations”? I like the look of them but already imagining some alternate configurations where they might block view from inside.
    Lastly: for “vertical take-off and landing”, I love the way you designed the other ships with rotational engines/rockets. Vectored thrust. It just looks and feels right. I’m trying to imagine the “flight dynamics” and mechanics of this ship compared to the others in the kit.

I hope this doesn’t sound like a negative critique! Far from it: I LOVE your work! And not a single complaint! Just my personal “wishlist” or something to that effect.

Keep up the great work! I keep checking back here to see the evolution of this great collection!!! And always itching to download your latest updates to play with! Looks fantastic in VR!!!!!!
    —Dan,

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  32. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Thanks to bought the kit :) I'm happy if you like it :) (Do not hesitate to put a review!)

A large enough “loading ramp” for transporting small vehicles?
    for this ship ? No i don't plan any loading ramp, for the others ? sure :) The next spaceship should be a transport vessel...

Can the curves overhead light-bars be separate objects so we can remove them for some “customizations”?
    Yes i can :)

Here is some screen of the view from the bridge, you can seee that lights do not disturb the view :) The pace is big (not finished)

The thing i need to change is the middle bar, i found finally that blind the view...

2019-09-12_082007.png 2019-09-12_082024.png

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    wersw73, danreid70 and hopeful like this.
  33. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

You right to ring me about the bar! :) :) So i removed the center bar, it's better now :) I made the same "error" on the infinity, but i was to tired to make the changes....

2019-09-12_090455.png

34. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Comparison of the different vessels scales and a test with the new cockpit view. And you right the light strip blind a bit the view... I'll make them as child of the spaceship.

wersw73 and danreid70 like this.
  35. Caspian14

Caspian14

Great package btw! I am completely new to the Game Dev community, but I am a fast learner. This is my first package I have ever bought. Ive spent many hours playing with all modular pieces and building prefabs. I am trying to take the octagon "P Interior Modules" that are designed to go in the Infinity ship and combine them with land buildings. However, I am struggling creating exterior walls that work with the octagon structure. Do you have any suggestions?

36. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi, it's cool if you like the kit :) If i understand you try to make enter a triangle in a circle !

The octogonal module do not work with the others buildings pieces, it's a module made just for the infinity interior (or other spaceship) it work only with prefabs made for the interior kit :

Only the prefabs called : P_Interior_XXXXX
    into the directory : _Update 1.10-Spaceship Infinity_R3

Because if you wan to mix the original kit made to build some space modules with the octogon :
    _3D Scifi Kit Vol 3\Prefabs\Props\_Update 1.00-First build

It will not work! The sizes are not the same :)

Explore the map Red Planet to see what i mean! BTW Thanks to bought the kit

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    danreid70 likes this.
  37. danreid70

danreid70

Looking forward to more updates! How’s it looking?

38. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

It depending of my creativity! But there is a global "plan' for this project, akit you can use to make space adventure or action game (FPS etc) :)

Sometime i made some spaceship, and sometime others things :) You need to follow this topic or my facebook page to see the planned updates.

Actually i'm working on some others products, because the sales are bad and i need to get the head out of water... But the project is always in the pipe :) Don't be afraid!

It's just that i'm alone, 'im not a compagny and i need to be everywhere, every time...

Regards

39. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey guys

Just a small and funny news :

Here is a game made with one of my first 3D kit i made when i was GFX artist for the publisher Hedgehog Team

https://store.steampowered.com/app/510500/Executive_Assault_2/

With 3D Scifi Kit HD (Deprecated now, too old), i made this kit there is 7/9 years!

Video game world is small... It make a strange feeling to see my medias in a real production....

The original picture (Unity 5) :
    ad78588a-25b0-4b71-9999-6dd957e5fb39_scaled.jpg

In game screen :
    ss_65b50c98eb45849cbe3088cb9b90794708cc9c9f.1920x1080.jpg

ss_ab0679d3076feb362119581ce3542c95e0572018.1920x1080.jpg

Neviah and hopeful like this.
  40. hopeful

hopeful

So ... the Cat and the Dog were both Hedgehogs? ;)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  41. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

It is a bit more complicated :)

Before, when the unity store was a young store, i created a publishing label with one of my friend, Hedgehog Team (my friend was coder and me gfx artist), but several human problems related to money appeared, and we separated.

And because I got fed up, I left to create Creepy Cat, then Barking Dog and Bad Raccoon were created for different reasons, which, once again, ended up crumbling.

Result? Now I work alone ... I have a autistic asperger (AS) syndrom, and it is very difficult for me to work in a group ...
    And you know what? I'm free and happy now, working with peoples generate always problems :)

42. hopeful

hopeful

It's true. Just look at the Beatles. :)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  43. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Lol absolutly true :) :)

44. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

45. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

looks awesome

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  46. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Thanks! :) Here is a better view with wireframe... Facebook video quality is very crappy...

2019-10-02_000935.png

2019-10-02_001002.png

47. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I'm working on a new gear system for this ship. I worked on a system with flaps, but the result was a bit borring to use... After a time of cerebral masturbation, i plan a pneumatic system with a up/down gear. I'll make the same for the door entry

48. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

A bit of inspiring space music :)

And a screenshot of the new reactors design and the final landing gears! (screenshot 2) I need to make the entry interior now (screenshot 1)... To be able to swith with the interior kit. I will try to make a different system from a simple 45 degree walkway..., i'll try to make a pneumatic elevator model up/down (screenshot 1)

upload_2019-10-4_10-21-39.png

upload_2019-10-4_10-49-33.png

upload_2019-10-4_10-48-47.png

upload_2019-10-4_10-50-13.png

danreid70 likes this.
  49. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Neviah, hopeful and danreid70 like this.
  50. ChesterGMA

ChesterGMA

Hello,
    I get the following errors when trying to import into an empty project on Unity Version 2019.2.9f1, the most recent release.

1)
    There are inconsistent line endings in the 'Assets/_Creepy_Cat/_3D Scifi Kit Vol 3/Prefabs/Props/_Update 1.06-Station Ptolemy/Planet_01/Materials/Planet_Clouds_Atmosphere.shader' script. Some are Mac OS X (UNIX) and some are Windows.
    This might lead to incorrect line numbers in stacktraces and compiler errors. Many text editors can fix this using Convert Line Endings menu commands.

2)
    ImportFBX Warnings:
    Can't import tangents and binormals, because mesh 'Interior_Module_03' doesn't have any.

3)
    Shader warning in 'Creepy Cat/Planet_Clouds_Atmosphere': 'UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE' : macro redefinition at line 87 (on d3d11)
    Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE DIRECTIONAL
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR

4)
    Shader warning in 'Creepy Cat/Planet_Clouds_Atmosphere': 'UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD' : macro redefinition at line 165 (on d3d11)
    Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD POINT
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR

Are you able to fix these please?