Search Unity

[RELEASED] 3D Scifi Kit Vol 3 official topic!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Creepy-Cat, Jun 21, 2018.

1. juris3d_unity

juris3d_unity

will it be fist fight? I wanna watch! :D

TheMessyCoder and Creepy-Cat like this.
  2. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Any problem with the kit ? Do not hesitate to put a small review :)

3. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

:D i dont do small reviews buddy. This is my review.

I also did a live review on my stream but it has me swearing in it. So if you are brave here is the link :D https://www.twitch.tv/videos/356207955

To be honest I am glad I purchased the kit, but I had issues which have since been resolved. (shameless link to asset store: http://bit.ly/scifivol3 )

I purchased this kit because it looked like it would work well with the Barking Dog kit I have already purchased.
    Creepy Cat assets have been on the store first before Barking Dog was released. So I though Barking Dog was emulating Creepy Cat's style (we see that happen a lot on the asset store).

After buying Creepy Cat's kit I saw that they were too similar, had same file syntax, readme and Barking Dog even had a couple of models which looked to be from Creepy Cat.

It turns out that Barking Dog was a friend of Creepy Cat and they worked together to make the Barking Dog assets.

So if you want similar assets that match the same style you can buy both Barking Dog & Creepy Cat. I wish I had known this first before buying or I wouldnt havnt purchased Barking Dog, but I know that now.

Creepy Cat 3D Scifi Kit Vol 2 = http://bit.ly/scifivol2
    Barking Dog 3D Scifi Base Vol 1 = http://bit.ly/scifibase

There is still 1 problem with the Creepy Cat Vol 3. The Computer monitor textures look stretched and resolution doesnt look great, but on Barking Dog the textures looked good for the computers. Its odd as Creepy Cat made them both I imagine, so hopefully this can be resolved easily for the Vol 3 kit.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    Creepy-Cat and Gildar76 like this.
  4. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hello

So we're going to clarify the situation a bit ... The Barking Dog label was created several years ago. At that time I wanted to work with a friend on this label, in using the same PBR methods of productions as creepy cat, I wanted to diversify my activities in collaboration with another graphic designer.

But different problems caused us to separate after the release of the Barking Dog product. So I have decided to keep the label for personal reasons. You can find all informations on the official website of Creepy Cat, blitz3dfr.free.fr

If you get confused by the association between Creepy Cat and Barking Dog i'll modify the asset store publishers pages.

If you bought the Barking Dog product, you have a product that respects the style of Creepy Cat, which is an advantage, in terms of construction and naming convention.

Most users often complain that they can not associate multiple assets together, which generates style issues between different products.

Cordially

Attached Files:

hopeful likes this.
  5. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

Hello Creepy-Cat,

I've a little wish. :) Is it possible that you update the Vol 3 kit with a transparent glass screen / display in Vol 3 style, which I can place in the middle of a room, so you can see from both sides what's on screen. I added 2 screenshots as an example for what I mean. I made it with Unity's primitive 3D objects because I am so bad with Blender, I am a programmer. :(

If it's not too much work, I would be very pleased If you could do that. :)

Sincerely
    Dirk

p1.jpg p2.jpg

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  6. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey :)

I can give to you a solution, maybe you can use the prefab called : P_Cockpit_Tech_01 => HUD_Left (Extract this part)

Inside the prefab there is a flat double side screen with a correct flat mapping, maybe it can be usefull for you? Or you can modify the prefab to keep the console + One screen modified/scalled? (Do not forget to create another prefab, do not just update it! Else it will be overwrited...)

Regards

Note : I'll try to make it for the 1.08 release :) I'll try to remember with my fish brain!

7. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

edited

Yep no problem. I understand that you could be offended if you think that someone is calling you a thief or scammer. In this case, it was the other way around and at first I was thinking Barking Dog was stealing from you.

Actually if I can request one thing, it would be that Barking Dog writes clearly on his assets that you worked with him on his SciFi packs. Also that on his assets there is a list which models and textures are variations of each other so that there is no confusion.

I can understand that you dont want to write about the affiliation on your assets, but if his packs include your work then they should say it on the asset store page and not have to wait for someone to purchase it and read the comments in the scripts. Its not even in his ReadMe file!

Thanks.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  8. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

I cant message you on the unity forums as your privacy settings are blocking me.
    Do you use discord? If so, here is my link if you would like to talk so that I dont disrupt your thread. Thanks.
    https://discord.gg/CXsGyQU

9. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

Hello again. :)

Thanks for the hint. I made a screen for testing. I used 2 cannon arms and the HUD_Left part, but as always I used the Uber refraction shader to get this nice refraction effect on the edges of the glass. :)

Sincerely and all the best for the new year,
    Dirk

Terminal_01.jpg Terminal_02.jpg

10. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Excellent! I like when my customers play Lego with my kit :) Happy New Year to you too!

Regards

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    juris3d_unity likes this.
  11. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

12. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Body texture finish! ;) Starting the rear docking bay... (W.I.P)

Capture d’écran 2019-01-03 à 23.44.26.png Capture d’écran 2019-01-03 à 23.44.52.png Capture d’écran 2019-01-03 à 23.45.19.png Capture d’écran 2019-01-03 à 23.46.40.png

Gervais60 likes this.
  13. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

A quick test in flight mode, with gears rotated :) Reactor support rotation is ok!

Capture d’écran 2019-01-04 à 00.20.33.png Capture d’écran 2019-01-04 à 00.21.19.png Capture d’écran 2019-01-04 à 00.20.55.png

AshyB, juris3d_unity, Quarior and 4 others like this.
  14. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

15. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I'm starting the interior big space room texturing, once finish it, i'll populate this big empty room :)

Capture d’écran 2019-01-09 à 11.12.35.png Capture d’écran 2019-01-09 à 11.13.01.png

juris3d_unity and Quarior like this.
  16. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

17. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

Looks really nice!

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  18. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

For the stairs, i'm planing something like this, on the top, all the command machines computer etc... And for the down floor, i plan a living room lounge place with view on the big window :)

Capture d’écran 2019-01-10 à 00.36.37.png

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  19. hopeful

hopeful

I'm in a space ship, and I have to use stairs? :)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  20. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Yeah :) Because artificial gravity make all :) :)

21. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

Is there enough space in the hangar to turn the ship? Looks a bit too narrow in the width.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  22. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I i know, but for the moment i don't have other solution... Except use the bottom dock bay, I need to make a escape pod :)

23. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

Hello. I have some kits from you and Barking Dog. I'm going to buy your SyFy kits today or for the next few days. The idea is to build a game set on Mars. Since this is a hostile environment, I'd like to know how best to "dirty" the textures so they look more realistic in an environment with dust and stones. Substance? Thank you

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  24. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey :)

You can use any program that use ID texture like Substance or DDO (Quixel) :) Next you can dirtish a bit the metal map :) Nothing is frozen you can customize the textures, i plan a texture update but not for now! to much meshes to do...

Another tips : With photoshop mix with a blend mode the ID textures i provide + Heightmaps under photoshop :)

Regards

25. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

26. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

Excelent video. Thank you. I am buying the kit today :)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  27. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Yeah! Give me your money! :) :)

28. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

Just bought it! :) :) All the best

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  29. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

Thanks for the video.
    Another question. ;) Can I go from the hangar to the bridge?:D

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  30. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Yeah i plan a communication system between the different elements, but not for the 1.09 (to much work to do...) maybe for 1.10 (i talked about it in a previous topic) because i need to make a special kit for ship envs.

31. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

I have a weird behavior with the asset in Unity. When I run the game in the editor I have 20 - 25 FPS inside of the station and when I run the build of the game I have 80 - 100 FPS. Does anyone have an idea why) I have baked a lightmap and most lights are baked lights.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  32. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi

It's complicated to say why, there are lots of parameters in play, type of card gfx, memory / os type etc etc ... I can say the following thing:

"When in Unity you have, for example, the window "game" and the window "editor" open at the same time, unity must divide the rendering twice, because you have two cameras"

I can tell because I'm working on the kit with an imac of 2011 with a graphics card that has 512 MB of ram :) :)

I will soon be on a new machine with a nividia GTX 7XX serie... But I prefer to work with a machine a little "low tech" because if my kit turns on it, it will turn even better on a PC latest generation....

Check too if there is lights (spotlight) with shadows activated! It's possible! If yes it eat many FPS!

Regards

33. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

Hi,

thanks for your help. I run it in the editor with Maximize On Play on 4 years old GTX Titan 6 GB. I am just wondering about this huge difference between live build and editor which tells me it is not the kit and it is not the amount of game object. There is somthing weird I can't find. :(

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  34. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

From me to you... I find Unity 2018 more slower than the 2017 version... On my low tech mac i feel the difference! The preview windows become black/buged all the time... The new 3D functions seem eating more FPS than 2017.

Here is my mac specs :
    Capture d’écran 2019-01-11 à 19.12.07.png

With both windows/tab scene and game i get 15/25 FPS in the game window

Capture d’écran 2019-01-11 à 19.14.15.png

PS : I'm sure that not the kit :) You only have 17 diffuse textures (x3 for metal, AO, normal), not enough to fill 6GB of ram! And all the meshes are low poly. The problem come from outhere.

Maybe a test on another PC or a temporary back to 2017? A customer video review talk about 300 FPS in editor mode.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  35. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

If you use the memory profiler, you will see about the Editor overload is 35%-40%, at least in my case. I have an 1080TI

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  36. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

And it is possible to get a screen/value about the kit on a good big scene like red planet? Or can you give me your 3D/Meshes profiler values/screen on those kind of card here is mine on my old mac.

Capture d’écran 2019-01-11 à 20.02.34.png

RENDERING :

SetPass Calls: 35 Draw Calls: 35 Total Batches: 35 Tris: 9.2k Verts: 12.3k
    (Dynamic Batching) Batched Draw Calls: 11 Batches: 8 Tris: 1.0k Verts: 2.0k
    (Static Batching) Batched Draw Calls: 0 Batches: 0 Tris: 0 Verts: 0
    (Instancing) Batched Draw Calls: 0 Batches: 0 Tris: 0 Verts: 0
    Used Textures: 0 - 0 B
    RenderTextures: 18 - 56.7 MB
    RenderTexture Switches: 10
    Screen: 1009x568 - 6.6 MB
    VRAM usage: 63.2 MB to 63.2 MB (of 0.50 GB)
    VBO Total: 0 - 0 B
    VB Uploads: 8 - 78.0 KB
    IB Uploads: 8 - 5.0 KB
    Shadow Casters: 6143

MEMORY :

Used Total: 1.59 GB Unity: 1.06 GB Mono: 8.3 MB GfxDriver: 0.50 GB FMOD: 7.6 MB Video: 1.0 KB Profiler: 6.0 MB
    Reserved Total: 1.66 GB Unity: 1.09 GB Mono: 38.2 MB GfxDriver: 0.50 GB FMOD: 7.6 MB Video: 1.0 KB Profiler: 16.0 MB
    Total System Memory Usage: 0 B

Textures: 414 / 0.99 GB
    Meshes: 335 / 33.3 MB
    Materials: 68 / 108.0 KB
    AnimationClips: 0 / 0 B
    AudioClips: 6 / 6.2 MB
    Assets: 19272
    GameObjects in Scene: 6047
    Total Objects in Scene: 21039
    Total Object Count: 40311
    GC Allocations per Frame: 4874 / 258.0 KB

37. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

Yes, the editor uses up to 30% in my case.

38. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

The vram usage of my game is ~1GB, and yes in your red planet demo scenes I have up to 300 FPS too depends on where I am in the scene. As far as I know there are only realtime lighting and shadows. That is what I don't understand.

PS: You really need a new computer. We don't want a frustrated Creepy-Cat.:D

39. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Yeah!!! But those damn machines cost a arm! :) Do you use occlusion culling?

40. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey

Since Unity 2018 i'm searching solutions to make a HDRP version of my projects... But each time i try the conversion tool from Unity, i get pink materials... I found this interesting video, talking about MASK MAP, maybe is the solution :

I love the guy english accent :) :)

When the 1.09 version will be released i'll try, but only if most of the users are interested... Or if unity force the publishers to swap to HDRP.

So,If anyone has good video tutorials or info on HDRP conversion, feel free to post them here.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    dirkjacobasch, hopeful and Fijit like this.
  41. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

Hi.

Yes, if you want a Mac that is true.

No. Unity crashes all the time, because of my huge scene. My scene is 2000Km in a scale of 1:50000 of a solar system. I made a floating origin system so the player is always in a range of 0,0,0 - 1000,1000,1000 around the center of the scene. I think later I need some dynamic occlusion culling asset.

42. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey all!

Here is a WIP of the new interior spaceship kit door, i hope you like it :) And a side view of the big front window.

And stay in realtime? Did you use backing? On my side i stopped backing... It's a pain in the ass :) Many time spend to wait GI computation kill my brain... I just use a quick reflection calculation without any static objects, and i apply the global reflection post effect for my demos...

Capture d’écran 2019-01-12 à 11.38.57.png Capture d’écran 2019-01-10 à 23.57.32.png

43. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

Looks nice, like a 600i cockpit. ;)
    I used lightmap baking and yes it's a pain in the ass.:rolleyes:

44. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

The door included into the end of the cockpit wall, i like the result :) For information this new door respect the kit wall dimensions... I just modified some stuff to make the integration into the spaceship more easy.

Capture d’écran 2019-01-12 à 12.50.45.png

dirkjacobasch likes this.
  45. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I like this new door design, the only difference of size between this new one and another kit door is a size of one for the height, you can easily fill the hole with a kit piece :)

Capture d’écran 2019-01-13 à 14.13.02.png Capture d’écran 2019-01-13 à 14.13.23.png

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  46. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Door textures finish! :) (except metal map, i always do those bullshit to the end...) And i need to masturbate my brain a bit for the colors dispersion...

Capture d’écran 2019-01-13 à 17.35.22.png Capture d’écran 2019-01-13 à 17.35.51.png

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  47. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

juris3d_unity and dirkjacobasch like this.
  48. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Cockpit texturing space WIP

Capture d’écran 2019-01-15 à 01.39.12.png

juris3d_unity and hopeful like this.
  49. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

I want to see it in space with planets and stars arround. :)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  50. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Soon! :) I need to finish all before, i hate working on multiple frontline... Step by step is the good way!

dirkjacobasch likes this.