Search Unity

[RELEASED] 3D Scifi Kit Vol 3 official topic!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Creepy-Cat, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Sorry, no choice on my side! Unity ask to publisher to get out Unity 2018 packages... And it was not smart from me to jump only to 2019, i prefered jump on a version for a long term. On your side 2019/2020 it's very similar...

2. dmenefee

dmenefee

Hello! I thought I'd check in with you, make sure you're okay and all. This asset is amazing! great work.

3. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

The cat is alive :) I started a big project, for this reason the cat don't talk...

Being European, the situation for us since two years has been a delirium. Our politicians are totally stupid... And I confess to being particularly worried about current events :/

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  4. dmenefee

dmenefee

I completely agree. I’m glad you’re okay. Stay safe and we’ll all hope we make it through the crazy times.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  5. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

Same here. I am with you.
    ... and they are paid by someone else ...

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  6. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

Looks amazing. The trim sheet / decal approach is definitely the way to go for detailing.

sirleto and Creepy-Cat like this.
  7. dmenefee

dmenefee

Wow! That looks fantastic! I shall consider my money very well spent when you do release vol 4, just as I do for vol 3. In the meantime, keep your head down, stay safe, and we'll see you on the other side. Our hearts and minds go out to you.

sirleto and Creepy-Cat like this.
  8. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

9. sirleto

sirleto

Great to hear something from you Cat!
    Looking forward to purchase your SciFi Kit 4 directly on DAY 1 of release
    Sending you some love (not war) from switzerland!

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  10. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Very nice country! :) Thanks for your message!

sirleto likes this.
  11. dmenefee

dmenefee

Hey Cat! I noticed you removed the preview for vol 4. I hope you’re doing okay (?). Sending our best wishes for you.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  12. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Thanks for this notification! It's strange? I don't know why, here is the link again :)

Yeah i'm fine! I hope you too? :) Right now I'm passing my motorcycle license! It's complicated for the autistic person that I am (AS Syndrom), but I'll get there!

https://forum.unity.com/threads/wip-3d-scifi-kit-vol-4-official-topic.1285424/

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    dmenefee likes this.
  13. dmenefee

dmenefee

So glad to hear it. I’m AS too; I got my motorcycle endorsement years ago, and it was challenging. Lots of sensory inputs to manage! Have fun :)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  14. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Sure! it's mentally exhausting...

15. amindler

amindler

I just imported vol.3 and vol.4 into my projects and much to my surprise, all of the models for vol.3 seem scaled differently. vol.4 files fit a normal sized adult character model but all of vol.3 looks like it was designed for a character scaled to 1.5x. Am I missing something here? I can try and manually re-scale every asset for vol.3 but that is a pretty inaccurate and time consuming way of going about things.
    Thanks for any help!

sirleto likes this.
  16. hopeful

hopeful

You might be able to rescale the whole group at once by selecting them and then changing the scale on import settings. Assuming they're all off by the same amount, of course.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  17. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Yes the scales has been modified to be more realistic with the volume 4. I don't recommend to use the both projects because the stylish is different => The units are differents => The texturing method is different => The building is different etc...

The two kits were made on a grid, so it is possible to put a lot of prefabs from 3 inside an empty game object and apply a global scale to all the childrens.

I discussed the subject at length on the first pages of the topic of volume 4: Take a look! :)
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-3d-scifi-kit-vol-4-official-topic.1285424/

sirleto likes this.
  18. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

19. sirleto

sirleto

Oh wow, great post!! <3

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  20. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Yeah ! :) A good addition to the kit...

sirleto likes this.
  21. petercoleman

petercoleman

I have only posted here once before and reviewed this Asset which appears on the front page of the Asset store page...

Creepy Cat Said :
    "The devs use a mix between my ScifiBase and the 3D Scifi Kit Vol 3 :)
    It's cool when i see my datas used in a product!"

I have both SciFi Kit Vol 3 and 4 and content from them feature prominently in my Game Hearts Of Cold - Redemption which has a Demo available with screen shots and some videos on the Steam home Page for the Game where some of the content from the assets can be seen in the game (videos)....if you would like to see them used inside another Game :) which may be of help.

I may eventually publish a second Episode of the game which is set off world in interplanetary Space so hope to include much more of the SciFi content from the assets packs therein.

Just to reiterate that I still believe that theses asset packs are Excellent.

Here's a screen shot from the very end of the game which has 27 levels where I am sure you can recognize the content...I hope you like it :)

Onourway1.jpg

Kindest regards and seasonal best wishes to all.

Peter

22. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey! :) Thanks for your message!

23. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

24. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

The kit has been Used by my Miju Games friends! The Planet Crafter creators:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1284190/The_Planet_Crafter/?l=french

I worked for them on the 1.0 update! I wish them success! I was really amazed by the creativity they showed! All game objects are built with the kit... It's impressive!

And when a specific object was not included in the kit? Well, he’s building it! By assembling a whole bunch of objects... That's how I want my kits to be used! Because that's how I "think" about them...

upload_2024-4-23_7-36-37.png

Last edited: Apr 23, 2024 at 6:47 AM
    hopeful and StarChick971 like this.