Search Unity

[RELEASED] 3D Scifi Kit Vol 3 official topic!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Creepy-Cat, Jun 21, 2018.

1. hrohibil

hrohibil

I set door to unstatic,and doors open, but its like there is an collider, because i cant move forwards until i jump though it..

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  2. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

You need to do it "visually" if the rendering is good in the preview windows=> You need to test your point/spot light => Because sometime light shadows generate this kind of glitch.

3. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

[QUOTE="Again, I think the kit is awesome and these are just small things, but they can add up when I need to check each asset and try and figure out what scale I need to apply."[/QUOTE]

Generate the props proportions is a headache... The customers need to scale the props for they needs, Imagine if you use the chair with a alien with long legs? Another problem will appear :)

I tryed to make the most generic proportions. Thanks for your comments.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  4. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey all!

News about the kit:

Sorry for the time it took, but i have bunch of work ... In addition, I had to update all my old productions, in Unity version 2020! (Lot of work... But i'm happy to do it, some of my packages was not updated since 4 years!)

The good news: I finished the big next spaceship texturing! As you can see you can populate this big spaceship with the actual interior kit (Some user ask me for new walls patterns / sizes / etc for the interiors and the possibility to create big hangar)

Let me a bit of time to think about it! while playing the game: Aliens Fireteam Elite This gave me a lot of ideas to create big hangars with the actual modular kit grid. Modularity need to be thinked!

Else i'm working on the Scifi Kit update, i'll try to add some news object (from your remarks).

Stay connected!

UNC AQUILA (Battleship)

upload_2021-10-23_8-50-54.png

upload_2021-10-23_8-51-5.png

upload_2021-10-23_8-51-15.png

upload_2021-10-23_8-56-51.png

dmenefee and hopeful like this.
  5. StarChick971

StarChick971

That's awesome! Both the new Aquila battleship with the homing missiles!
    Glad you kept my walls and interior modularity ideas in mind, I am now longing for testing bigger and custom hangars at next release :p

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  6. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Always! I like when my customer's give me ideas :) (Note: If you really need a hangar for a cinematic take a look on )

upload_2021-10-23_23-54-2.png

Unpack the mesh and extract the hangar if you need it for the moment :)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  7. StarChick971

StarChick971

This is what I did but with the Constellation ship instead because of the lift access :D
    The Cruiser hangar looks nice but there is a frame at its center... I would need full empty interior with different size to fit what I may store inside (spaceship, rover, cargo, or else idk yet exactly), that's why I suggested modular (hangar) walls previously ;)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  8. hrohibil

hrohibil

Hello again

You liked my previous post but you never did reply to it?
    After i set doors to unstatic they do open indeed. But I can not move forward until I jump?? Why is there some sort of a blocking mechisme? Please advice..

Short story:
    Doors open, but i cant go through it unless i press the jump key and jump in there..

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  9. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Sorry, full of work... :)

So, did you un-static only the door, or did you un-static also the children? The door script is provided for example, it work perfectly with the unity FPS controler. What controler are you using? What prefab door are you using? The double door? Circular door?

Because your problem is maybe only a bad collider position problem! Do not hesitate to explore the prefabs struct.

As you can see i need more informations to help you better! (video showing the problem?)

As i said in the readme code, i'm better gfx artist than coder! :) :)

10. hrohibil

hrohibil

Thank you for getting back to me. I am at work right now so i make a video for you right now.

It is a double door on one of the smaller spaceships. I think I only set UNstatic to first object in hierchy. Does the children need to be unstatic to? The door did open...

I am using invector third person shooter controller.

BTW
    I Freaking love your asset...
    I am building a game where spaceships has arrived on top of big city where monsters has taken over. My player, will be in the spaceship, jumping out in a parachute to land on a specific roof and complete objective number # 1, which is to snipe a small boss.
    Player can teleport back up to the spaceship for advanced weapon pickup and health items..

I think its gonna be great... When its done ... In a couple of years..... :)

Cheers
    Hamid

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  11. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Un-static all!! And read the readme :) I don't know how much i said this thing.... :) Enjoy with the kit!

hrohibil likes this.
  12. hrohibil

hrohibil

Please see screendumps.
    Everything is now unstatic related to the door, but still same issue.
    He goes forward. door opens, and he cant move forward anymore unless i jump.

https://imgur.com/a/eOpWBiC

13. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I don't know what controler are you using, it seem to be a third person controler? I can't do something on my side! If the door open => The script is good => If you got a hole to pass => There is nothing relative to the kit door code,

The problem is outside (box collider moved? controller problem? etc).

Check on your side the collider height : Collision_04 it seem to be your problem. Note for the futur => Explore the kit! There is nothing magical... This kind of problem can be fixed by you with ease.

upload_2021-10-24_19-6-20.png

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    hopeful likes this.
  14. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi

For the next release (before christmas), i wanted include one object inspired by Halo :) A rocket turret launcher! Easy to use with the new guided missile example code included.

Not textured yet (WIP)
    upload_2021-11-4_1-3-5.png

The guided missile code can be used in many ways! I repeat it's a example, you will need to adapt this code to YOUR game... (A kit creator can't imagine all the possibility's, you need to adapt your project to the kit content)

Balistic missile test:
    upload_2021-11-4_1-6-23.png

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  15. StarChick971

StarChick971

Cool! May I advise some anticipation for modular turrets?
    I bought this asset couple months ago: Poly Fleet
    Although the asset has low poly turrets (upgradable CIWS/naval cannon/railgun) you could have some inspiration to make your rocket turret a bit more modular for upcoming new ideas you 'd get, and perhaps make that battleship ready for space wars! ;)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    Creepy-Cat likes this.
  16. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

It's allready the case :) It is possible to mount some turret or missile on the ships (the next update will improve this capacity). About your turret models : Thanks! :) ideas are always appreciated, Sometime i come to pick up some inspiration from the users screenshoot, but i'll not take this direction yet...

Because i want to follow my start guideline: The kit need to include i bit of everything, and will not be "specialized" in one or another direction... Do not forget that i'm alone on it :)

Here is the textured turret! :) I like it:

upload_2021-11-5_1-50-31.png upload_2021-11-5_1-51-15.png

Let's go to make it shoot rockets now! :)

StarChick971 likes this.
  17. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Rocket first test!

18. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Check video page for links. I found this on githhub! Explore it! this kind of code is rare... Respect to the creator!

hopeful likes this.
  19. ZJP

ZJP

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  20. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi all :)

I'm working also on some bigger elements to help you to make with ease base camp (WIP)
    Of course those elements can be mixed with the actual kit to make some cool struct inside your camp :)

upload_2021-11-6_14-47-55.png

upload_2021-11-6_14-48-10.png

upload_2021-11-6_14-48-41.png

dmenefee, StarChick971 and hopeful like this.
  21. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

With a bit of work, your able to create some very cool big base :)

upload_2021-11-6_16-47-47.png

upload_2021-11-6_16-47-55.png

upload_2021-11-6_16-48-3.png

hrohibil and dmenefee like this.
  22. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Lego mode ON :)

upload_2021-11-7_0-14-45.png

upload_2021-11-7_0-14-24.png

upload_2021-11-7_0-15-11.png

dmenefee and StarChick971 like this.
  23. StarChick971

StarChick971

That 's awesome! I guess we can mix this with hangar roofs? so we could create futuristic castles!:D
    We miss your pic attachments...
    [EDIT] fixed :)
    Do you already have alternative textures to remove the black stripe on walls? Because it might be too obvious while stacking walls like on your pics, still cool style though.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  24. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Any screen? Because maybe your talking about the realtime shadowmap that generate strange black artifact on flat surfaces.

"I guess we can mix this with hangar roofs? so we could create futuristic castles!"

You can mix those big wall with any previous kit prefabs, i worked the units to allow you to keep the grid and add some structures on the big walls.

StarChick971 likes this.
  25. StarChick971

StarChick971

My question is actually stupid, I just need to edit Wall_Atlas_01_ID.png then create alternative material using it. :oops:
    Great!
    Any news about lift/platform models? (not necessary functional yet) :p
    Your base camp gave me the idea to build a closed base with rooftop, then imagine a fighter ship landing on a platform on top for rearm/repair then is granted to enter the base activating its lift, kinda like real aircraft carriers :D

26. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Unfortunaly no for this release, but promise i'll do... (this first spacebase is not innocent... it give me some building rules for the futur, including lift/elevator), this new spaceship terribly tired me to create... :( (Asperger-Syndrom person like me can quickly self-vampire on this kind of project, I have to put barriers to my own madness, perfectionism has no limits...)

upload_2021-11-8_19-45-44.png

I wanted this release out, to make others things on the kit. I'm hesitating between many ways...

For the next spaceship, i'll make something more small! o_O Creating some spaceship with this kind of size is a headache to texture/modeling...

I'm releasing the package right now (thanks for your patience) I hope you will like it!

EDIT : A quick update will come shorter to include missing prefabs for letters / numbers (sorry i forget...)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  27. StarChick971

StarChick971

Awesome! Nice work again, well done. Forward to test this asap!

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  28. StarChick971

StarChick971

It is already available on the store as I got a notification (idk for your missing prefab patch)

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  29. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Enjoy! :)

StarChick971 likes this.
  30. StarChick971

StarChick971

I just imported the 1.16 release to have a quick look.
    Do you confirm this release is all about the Aquila battleship, rocket launcher and base camp walls?
    I am looking for the hangar walls (bigger walls) we talked earlier, like the Aquila interior here below:
    upload_2021-11-11_20-31-48.png

Twice the height of any Wall_Normal_Simple would be fine at least (don't forget inside/outside corners). Idea is being able to stack walls as if you are building a tower, or walls for multiple floor stairs/lift.

BTW, nice battleship, huge work has been done here!

31. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Yes :) Look the map...

32. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

For the next release, i want include another terrestrial vehicle :) A tank! Here is the graybox version :)

upload_2021-11-11_21-29-11.png

Ruchir, hrohibil and StarChick971 like this.
  33. StarChick971

StarChick971

Cool a tank! Is that a hovering one? could be cool to have tracked and hover configurations :)
    Please add the hangar walls also in next release :p
    Bonus if you can separate the lift platforms too.

34. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

The walls are allready in the package!!! did you read the release infos?? I specify what map load to see the base... (see scene: Example_Arrival)

35. StarChick971

StarChick971

Are the hangar walls only those models?
    upload_2021-11-12_9-10-8.png

I opened the Example_Arrival with Aquila ships, the ground base and missile but I don't see any hangar walls there...
    Otherwise I missed something... :rolleyes:

Looking at your YouTube channel, I am looking for similar hangar as this:
    upload_2021-11-12_9-20-47.png
    from 5yo video :D:

36. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi

To build this hangar (has been made a long time ago, with similar pieces of kit on a no released kit) i just plug them verticaly to make the hangar walls, the difference is just around the column.

So yes, the actual big walls included (your picture) can be mixed with the old pieces, to allow you to build some base and the interior structure.

Its the start to make other pieces ! to make hangar. Just be patient and try to use the pieces you have to make your needs! :)

In the next release, i'll include some new. For the moment adapt your project to the kit elements and enjoy :)
    Regards

StarChick971 likes this.
  37. StarChick971

StarChick971

Ok thanks for the reply. I will wait for new hangar wall models then. I want to make interior hangar wall to put inside a ship I am building. As you released the Aquila I might use it for exterior design, but I will need to swap its current hangar because it is a one piece model... (that's why I am looking for ship/spacestation hangar walls (kinda like the orbital spaceport interior you already created, but modular).

38. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi

After a night and day of work, the tank should be something like this :)

upload_2021-11-12_17-57-34.png

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    Ruchir, StarChick971 and EN_Games like this.
  39. hopeful

hopeful

Looks like it has bendy legs. :)

Does the barrel raise?

40. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Yes Because i plan a "artillery" mode : :) I have to develop a scrolling texture trick for the tank tracks

upload_2021-11-13_12-17-22.png

hopeful likes this.
  41. StarChick971

StarChick971

Sounds good. In case of artillery split the barrel in 2 pieces at the bevel at middle of the cannon, so that you can have a recoil animation that adds drama to the firing instead of static firing ;)

Yeah texture scrolling is the easy way to go, then bind it to vehicle throttle. This is what we had done on our very old project NeuroTec Addon for Garry's Mod:

A more advanced way is to have bone over the track that can bend slightly according to the ground (keeping same scrolling texture ofc).

Like on the turrets picture from Poly Fleet asset I posted previously, you can anticipate some simple modular towers/barrels (3 is enough for your asset) or with exterior optional armor.

hopeful and Creepy-Cat like this.
  42. Ruchir

Ruchir

@Creepy-Cat Any chance you could add support for HDRP, you could include a separate package inside this asset containing all the new materials/textures if possible?

It took me a very long time upgrading the materials (Especially the particle materials which aren't upgraded automatically) and I really can't upgrade your custom shaders either. But given shader graph now supports Built-in RP as well maybe you could make one using the shader graph and target all the pipelines at once.

It's a really good asset pack but it's really hard for me to use in my project which is using HDRP.

Although I do understand it's quite a hassle to support HDRP or URP at the same time.

43. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi

The HDRP/URP... It's been a year since I've been trying to find an easy way to convert this package to HDRP / URP. The problem is, I don't understand nothing about those engines!

The configuration is very complicated to me! And the biggest problem is the package size! (limited on the store) I can't just donate materials and here we go! Prefabs need to be assigned with the new textures/materials => Light settings etc.

Since two years, i provide some free updates without new textures addition (to help the creator when there is some updates) and i don' use any exotic shader to make the convertion more easy.

I'm searching again a simple solution to make the switch...

The real question is => Do you really need HDRP ? :)

I'm jocking :) But at the same time....

One day i saw a screen (via user) of a HDRP version. I need to admit i don't see any rendering diffrence beetween the standard shader + post effect => And this HDRP rendering.

In the publisher's forum there was a lot of discussion on the topic: How to easily provide an HDRP version on large packages. And the solution that appeared for several publishers is to upload a second version (in the form of a paid update)

But be aware that for many publishers, this direction that unity is taking (3 rendering engines for the same app, it do not have sense) is not the right one, and this complicates things for publishers a lot.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    StarChick971 and hopeful like this.
  44. StarChick971

StarChick971

The URP/HDRP/Built-In asset version are really a tough problem for publishers. Most of them generate different package version, mostly paid one with a discount if you already own another one.
    For 3D content creator, there usually work with Built-in from what I 've seen, so it is easier to convert to either URP/HDRP.

Another way to support multiple rendering pipeline versions at once with one package is to embed both URP + HDRP as two .unitypackage into the built-in package sent to the store.
    Thus, if a user is not working on Built-in she/he only has to import them into the project and then extract the desired one according to the used RP. For instance you would have in a single Asset package from the store:
    • content folder (meshes/textures/etc.)
    • built-in materials
    • built-in shaders
    • Patch folder containing:
      • urp_patch.unitypackage
      • hdrp_patch.unitypackage
    Those two packages will patch the asset content overwriting all prefabs/materials that need conversion.
    Of course, having those 2 packages increases the asset size but you can simply uncheck if you don't need to import them, especially if you are using Built-in RP ;)

45. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Missing letters now textured... :) (one year i need to do this...)

upload_2021-11-21_0-26-12.png

StarChick971 likes this.
  46. StarChick971

StarChick971

Woohoo, better late than never :D Thanks!

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  47. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey all! :)

I'm working on the next update 1.17. I included some news props : Kitchen / Wardrobe / New Pod / Missile container
    I'll make some others (Lift plateform etc StarChick971)

upload_2021-11-26_9-37-48.png

upload_2021-11-26_9-44-28.png

upload_2021-11-26_9-46-43.png

The tank texturing is in progress, i'll make a "white" version (if i have time..), and the tank "wheels" texture scrolling is ok :)

upload_2021-11-26_9-36-52.png

Nouveau projet.gif

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  48. StarChick971

StarChick971

This is awesome! :D
    I have a remark about the missile container: can the container have door? Or perhaps "loading interface"? I am imaging to see a missile loading after pressing the panel leaving the container to enter the loading bay/wall. :p

Does the pod have a door/hatch too? Could be great to fill or take something from it or even for maintenance purpose (see fluid like fuel or else), perhaps with a vertical pod instead :rolleyes:

The tank looks great. I would even make the red pin line scroll while reloading for next shot! :cool:
    the top hatch must have an access to body, it seems weird to have plain flat surface where you expect to have a hole. Simply make a tube from hatch to the body through the tower without the need to make the body hollowed yet. We could create an interior for the tank without windows but virtual screens or else ;) (thinking about the rover without windows)
    Of course this involves to make a hole in the body too with circular footprint...
    Nice work again!

"Lift platform" hurray! :D

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  49. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

It's a decorative prefab... Same for the pod, it's a item that you can use to make liquid particle with alien inside :) About the tank red line, it's a good idea! i'll make it as "decal" to let coders play with it :) Tank interior not planned at this time.

upload_2021-11-26_15-23-2.png

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    StarChick971 likes this.
  50. borrougagnou

borrougagnou

hello,
    I am so sad, this new version work only with Unity 2020 or Higher !
    and I migrated Unity 2018 to Unity 2019 few week ago...

Creepy-Cat likes this.