Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] 3D Scifi Kit Vol 3 official topic!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Creepy-Cat, Jun 21, 2018.

1. frankadimcosta

frankadimcosta

hopeful and Creepy-Cat like this.
  2. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Excellent! Exactly what i need to illustrate my video! :) Many thanks

frankadimcosta likes this.
  3. hopeful

hopeful

4. frankadimcosta

frankadimcosta

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  5. hopeful

hopeful

Thank you! I would be thinking of using those in a game, and wanted to make sure all rights were being respected.

6. frankadimcosta

frankadimcosta

You can use those tracks. If you want to thank in "credits" ... I'll appreciate it !!!
    https://www.facebook.com/NewEraRelaxingMusic

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    Creepy-Cat and hopeful like this.
  7. frankadimcosta

frankadimcosta

Write me when you'll release games. I'll write a post in Newera facebook page.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    hopeful likes this.
  8. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey ;)

Happy New Year 2021 to all :)

During the hollidays, i worked on a big crane! It is articulated. The "Mars" release is coming soon, but i wanted to finish this object before :)

-------------
    Update 1.15 :
    -------------

Hi guys! I hope you like this new release!

- I reworked on the Red Planet map! And the rover scene :)
    - Included a new mars seamless terrain, some new props etc...
    - Biodome added.
    - Big crane with wheel included.

- A spaceship rocket like Space X :) I don't do the interior due to lack of time, i'll see this
    in another release (if you need to make space rocket interior view, use the prefab : P_Escape_Pod_01)

- Note important : If anybody working with HDRP can report me by mail is the prefab called:
    P_Floor_01_C (working good with HDRP about alpha map, because i'm using alpha decals)

It should be really appreciated!

upload_2021-1-8_22-23-16.png

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    hopeful and dirkjacobasch like this.
  9. dcomptonambrose

dcomptonambrose

Is this still a thing? Bought it six months ago, think it would pass a terraformed Mars smell test? Sorry if this is a necro post

- D.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  10. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi, I do not understand the question ? The 1.15 update include a seamless mars terrain (see video above)

dcomptonambrose likes this.
  11. dcomptonambrose

dcomptonambrose

I guess I was just askig if terraformed Mars was a skybox option but I think that answers the question lol

-d.

12. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

i hope :) Here is the video (a preview) :

Upload done on Unity Asset store and CG Trader

hopeful likes this.
  13. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hey all :)

The 1.15 update is on the way! (uploaded), and i'm thinking to the next update... One regular question i received by mail is about big hangar to store some spaceship! And actually creating those kind of mega structure with the actual building kit is a bit, a hell :)

It's normal, this kit has not been made to create gigantic structures! This kit has been made to create small module, or small base.

For this kind of structure i was front of two choices :

- Allow you to make the hangar? But it require bunch of work
    - Pre-made prefab creation ? But there is lack of liberty...

Finally i think to use a similar system as the spaceship, a mix between both technique. It allow you to customize the number of rooms you want, with the :

Spaceship interior kit => Plugged on some hangar parts.

Here is a "greybox" view of this hangar (sliding doors not displayed) enought big to store the constellation ship :)

upload_2021-1-10_22-23-50.png

upload_2021-1-10_22-23-34.png

upload_2021-1-10_22-25-21.png

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  14. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi

I'm working on the next update (greybox WIP), but i think that time for war! :) :) I'm working on a cruiser spaceship! I start the military updates by this one, and i'll decrease the sizes : Cruiser => Corvette => Bomber etc...

It can be linked also with the spaceship interior kit allready included...

upload_2021-3-15_3-34-15.png

dmenefee, Gervais60, Rajmahal and 2 others like this.
  15. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Modeling and segmentation in progress, i'll try to stay bellow 20 000 / 25 000 poly for the body :)

upload_2021-3-20_22-43-45.png

upload_2021-3-20_22-44-55.png

The main problem in this case of big spaceship is : Moving inside... It's big! :))
    I think make some prefab to help you to create elevators => It will be some interior kit new prefabs. The spaceship allow you to make enter small ship

upload_2021-3-20_22-47-46.png

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    dmenefee and hopeful like this.
  16. hopeful

hopeful

Maybe have some kind of default section that can be easily repeated to fill the ship ...?

17. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Of course! The interior kit has been made for this (note: This kit seem invisible for the users :)) It's located into :

Assets\_Creepy_Cat\_3D Scifi Kit Vol 3\Prefabs\Props\_Update 1.10-Spaceship Infinity_R3

And

Assets\_Creepy_Cat\_3D Scifi Kit Vol 3\Prefabs\Props\_Update 1.13-Spaceships Kit 1.0

Into those directory's you can find all necessary files to make the spacehips interiors module like you want (work for all big spaceship included into the pak)

You can find this kit used into the scene :

Example_Infinity_Travel

upload_2021-3-21_9-28-13.png

For this new spaceship i'll try to include more interior pieces to make elevators :)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    Fijit, hopeful and Jaimi like this.
  18. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Spaceship texturing in progress! :)

The Fu.. Covid 19 generated problems in my job/customer, for this reason i left a bit the kit on the side...

But i'm on it :)

upload_2021-5-10_13-48-47.png

hopeful and dirkjacobasch like this.
  19. frankadimcosta

frankadimcosta

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    dirkjacobasch and Creepy-Cat like this.
  20. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Waouhaou! :) Excellent! :) Note: I'm actually working on another product, when i'll release it, i'll continu this ship texturing!

21. frankadimcosta

frankadimcosta

Very good news !

22. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Texturing almost finished! I need to finish the front cockpit and the front hanger :)

upload_2021-6-6_1-26-22.png

upload_2021-6-6_1-26-33.png

julianr, deadalusai, cthulhme and 3 others like this.
  23. path123456

path123456

Works on mobile if we change the max texture size to 2k?

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  24. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I think yes :) you will need to optimize the props number in your scene, but all objects are low poly models. I got good result on oculus quest android (see videos)

25. ramtamir

ramtamir

Hi. I recently got this asset. When I create my own scene, everything has a cyan tint. What am I missing?
    upload_2021-9-27_11-6-44.png

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  26. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

^^ Uhhh? It's really strange you can imagine that the package is not displayed correctly :) Many question come to my head :

- What Unity version used
    - Did you try the latest 2020 version?
    - Did you import the package inside another project? plugin? engine (HDRP/URP/SkyNET 3D)???

Be more precise please! :)

hopeful likes this.
  27. ramtamir

ramtamir

Ok, some more details - it's 2019.4.29. I imported it into a new project containing the RPGB asset. The thing is, the example scene is fine. It happens when I try to set up a new scene. I used prefabs from the red planet example in my own scene, including the terrains. Before light baking, they looked like that only in the scene, but in-game, with the rpgb asset, it was fine. After baking the lighting, both scene and game looked the same. When I put the same prefabs I pulled from the example scene, back into it, they look fine. Is there any element from your example scene that I may be missing? Take into account that I may be missing something very silly, it's been known to happen.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  28. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I don't know the asset you talked? It seem to be a RPG engine inside Unity? I don't see any reason that plugin create this strange rendering... :)

The best thing i can say is :

I Recently updated the package for Unity 2020! Upgrade your Unity version (you have a 2018 version of the package)

Install Unity 2020 => Create a Standard Shader Projet (No HDRP or URP) => Import my package => And tell me if you see correctly the provided scenes.

Proceding step by step... :)

29. Creiz

Creiz

So just to make sure... Does this include Vol.1 and Vol.2?

And if not, do you think you can make a bundle of all of these together?

Thank you.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  30. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Hi

No it's different products, i don't bundlized them because the stylish/texturing/building is different, i don't want perturbate the customers.

Regards

Creiz likes this.
  31. Norm49

Norm49

Dose this kit include stuff form other kit?

And how do we remove head bump? I have motion sickness when I play game with had bump.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  32. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

What do you mean by others stuff? Some others package of me? If yes! no! all my products are original creation.

33. Norm49

Norm49

Yes that what I mean if kit 3 had stuff form kit 2. Like was kit 3 the complete collection and that why it was more expensive or was it just a other kit.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  34. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

No it's another different product, better texturing, more object, better building method etc...The kit 3 represent 4 years of work.

Do i reply to your question ?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  35. Norm49

Norm49

Yes you did.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  36. frankadimcosta

frankadimcosta

Which rendering pipeline do you use ?

37. StarChick971

StarChick971

Hello,
    I have been using the free asset Sci-Fi Styled Modular Pack by karboosx for spaceship level design until I discover your awesome package.
    Really beautiful and modular as expected, you did a great job so far!
    However, there are few improvements still to be made with theses remarks (I looked into the thread a bit to see the progress):

1. It is not easy to design floors especially accessing to them without proper solution:
    a) make modular stairs as we can see with P_Stair_Ext_01.prefab: bottom and top parts, half-height (1 unit), half-wide...

b) I 've read you don't want to release elevator example yet due debugging issue BUT you could simply split the smaller platform part the elevator in the Constellation hangar (perhaps adding button support/frame).

I tried to do make simple elevator as shown below:
    upload_2021-10-5_10-29-50.png
    It is more like a moving platform than an proper closed elevator (like in Star Citizen bases) but at least it works simply with your door's script.

Alike, you can make simple platform for P_Interior_Module_02.prefab hole from Infinity_R3 rather than the circular stairs (which are nice too) because it will be a bit annoying to run up 7 floors later in your WIP spaceship (seen as _Temp.fbx )

c) Tubes could be also a solution for zero-gravitation corridors using P_Glass_Tube_03.prefab adding few corners and junctions. (why not with fast moving platforms running inside)​

2. Several assemblies lacks of interiors connections, for instance the P_Station UNC Ptolemy.prefab is a great space station but you can't walk around the entire "disc" from a bay to another bay (I know the difficulty here is to have arc corridors). This could be faked with current model as external them you do like your other spaceships. Let me explain in a drawing I made:
    upload_2021-10-5_10-59-4.png
    Purple corridor can be rounded too but this temporary solution will save you time!

3. Wall and Ceiling Lights! I found only P_Light_01.prefab model in the asset. It could be great to have bigger lights, spots, wall and corner lights like in the karboosx's package upload_2021-10-5_11-4-9.png

4. Engine effect looks great but the interior texture is really too "cartoonish" compared to the rest of the model (here Walkyrie ship). It really deserves to be darker as standard nozzle with some bump map (could even have dedicated emission texture to get temperature/throttle visual change indication
    upload_2021-10-5_11-6-34.png

5. Last but not least, more walls! There are currently only straight corridor wall with your units grid scale, so we can't really stack them vertically to create smaller hangars as we see the bottom line at each level which prevent seamless stacking as shown below:
    upload_2021-10-5_11-15-13.png

6. Already, seen in review but again: simple URP/HDRP packages to quickly update the only ~90 materials would be very helpful.

7. Misc: add all the missing letters too lol: H, J, Q, R, V, W, X, Z
    F letter is darker than others for some reason.

In a nutshell, vol.3 is really a super modular asset among the best assets on the store in my opinion.
    Great job! I am now longing to see the next releases!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    Creepy-Cat likes this.
  38. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Thanks for the remarks! I'll take them with consideration for the next update :) (About a corridor to joint station module, i think to it since a while)

Thanks for your time! This kind of report is usefull for me, because sometime i'm blind with my own product :) Yeah i need to finish those letters/numbers! (For the rendering different it's only a material/shader difference)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    hopeful and StarChick971 like this.
  39. StarChick971

StarChick971

May I add few things also missing? :D
    1. Half wall width because it is a bit annoying to use only Wall_Coin_Simple_01on fill gaps
    2. Wall windows because there is only Wall_Window_Simple_01: flat, full(like Wall_Normal_Simple_01 bevel), corner, floor, roof, edge border)
    3. Thin walls (not interior ones but thinner at 1/4 unit
    4. Wall transition , ex from Wall_Normal_Simple_02to Wall_Normal_Simple_03
    5. Hollowed wall to put things into (ex: armory, embedded computers, machines, etc.)
    6. Low poly version of Wall_Coin_Simple_03 and Wall_Coin_Simple_04
    7. Inner Wall_Coin_Simple_02, Wall_Coin_Simple_02_B_LP version
    8. Double wide doors with top/down doors instead
    9. Roof X and T junctions and corner of Roof_01 & Roof_02
    Next update could be named "interior enhancement" that could be used for smartly spaceships decks/rooms ;)

Creepy-Cat and wersw73 like this.
  40. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

I try since 4 years now to manage the datas updates with ease... :) I tryed different systems! It's a headache...

wersw73 likes this.
  41. StarChick971

StarChick971

Maybe sort all meshes into "category-subfolders" (instead of having all in one growing folder, called Meshes), then put their prefabs for each release into others as you are doing. I find it easy to track the updates that way.
    You would have for instance:
    • Meshes
      • Building
        • Wall
        • Window
        • Floor
        • Roof
        • Doors
      • Props
        • Furniture
        • Machine
      • Vehicle
        • Cruiser
        • Rover
      • Materials
    • Prefabs
      • Release 1
        • Spaceship
        • Props
      • Release 2
        • Base
        • Fx
    • Sounds
    • Textures
    • etc.
    There is probably better way but this seems to work fine for my projects

Creepy-Cat, hopeful and wersw73 like this.
  42. BLInformatique

BLInformatique

3D Scifi Kit Vol 3 Hello, when I pass a door the sound is triggered but the door does not open. Why ? Thank you for your reply.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  43. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

It's because you need to un-static doors objects :)

44. BLInformatique

BLInformatique

hi it's ok now, how i didn't think about it. Thank you

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  45. Timjfjdd

Timjfjdd

Hello, im using your pack, in general its very nice and everything works really well, but for some reason this wall prefab part very often gives me weird diagonal lines in the baked lightmap. (i use bakery btw). Any idea why this is and how i can fix this? thanks! upload_2021-10-15_16-37-1.png

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  46. Creepy-Cat

Creepy-Cat

Lightmapping generate this kind of glitch all the time... It's the same with Unity lightmapper. You can try to play a bit with the smoothing angle value (meshes unity import inspector)

47. Timjfjdd

Timjfjdd

upload_2021-10-15_17-11-54.png
    I can only find hard angle if thats what you meant? Should i increase or decrease it?

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  48. powerline_games

powerline_games

Just wanted to say great work--what an awesome asset. The amount of work you have done is just incredible.

The only constructive feedback I would give is that it would be nice if the scale was a bit more consistent. Here is a a couple of different chairs with a character of standard height (about 1.8m):

chairs.JPG

Some of them are almost right and I can scale down a bit, but then the first and last are quite a bit bigger so I end up needing to scale them more to match other assets.

Here is a door and ladder with the normal scale character and then a 1.5 scale character which seems to fit the scene better.

door.JPG

But then I find the characters don't fit in some of the spaceship cockpit doors and chairs. Here are some of the chairs again with the scaled character:

scales.JPG

It's always just a bit off. I like that the last chair his feet are on the ground now, but obviously the arms and back don't match up whereas the cockpit chairs his feet are dangling a bit. In my game, the players won't see the character in a chair, I'm just using this particular example as an easy way to demonstrate the little inconsistencies that tend to pop up.

Again, I think the kit is awesome and these are just small things, but they can add up when I need to check each asset and try and figure out what scale I need to apply.

49. hopeful

hopeful

While I appreciate the expectation that models should be consistent in scale, so far as I know we have the ability to adjust assets upon import to the scale we need. It would be a different scaling factor for differently scaled items, but you should be able to get the items to the correct scale for your world.

Creepy-Cat likes this.
  50. hrohibil

hrohibil

Do you have a discord?

Does the doors come with open/close animations?