Search Unity

[deprecated temporarily]-[Update 1.1] 3D Sci-Fi Modular Level Building Kit (479 Prefabs)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by STEAKandGAMES, Sep 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STEAKandGAMES

STEAKandGAMES

[Deprecated temporarily: I've decided that I'm going to create textures for this, rather than using the current atlas'. I wanted to deprecate it, so it doesn't end up breaking anyone's projects when I replace them all.]

***Update 1.1 is now live on the Asset Store!. Prefab count now up to 479.

Here is a link to it on the asset store! http://u3d.as/Wz3

Currently (as of 10/06/17), this package includes the following.
    479 Prefabs

224 wall panels (16 variations of the set)
    48 Ceilings with emissive lighting (4 variations of the set)
    (also included those 48 Ceilings with point lights included)
    48 Ceilings with no lighting (4 variations of the set)
    26 Different Floor pattern variations
    2 Floor-Lights (2 variations of textures)
    4 Animated door variations w/ script and animations included
    4 Animated Hanger door variations w/ script and animations included

Included a simple demo scene, and a few simple prefab rooms. Did not include any Post Processing effects, or Standard Assets, as I wanted to keep the package as clean as possible. Feel free to make it look as pretty as you want!

If you are using ProGrids, I generally use the snap size of .5 and .05 if I'm doing fine detail work and adjusting. If you don't have ProGrids, I highly suggest you check it out. It is amazing for working with modular kits.

All items currently in this package are UV texture wrapped from a single Material. Includes Albedo, Specular (also Metallic), Normal, Height, Occlusion, and Emissive lighting. Textures are all built into a single Atlas, made from purchased textures from GameTextures.com. So, you know the quality is impressive! Drawcalls and Tri counts are kept very low for good performance. All are designed to be usable for Top-Down, FPS, 3rd Person, etc.

I will be continuing to update this kit and have many plans for additions. Please do make any suggestions for improvements, as I intend for this to grow exponentially. I will increase the price once it has grown in size, so get in while the price is low!

*Character Model/Controller not included. Only in the images to show size comparisons.*

Next on my agenda for the next update is to build stairs/ramps, and prep variations of the ceilings to acommodate multiple floors and levels. I also plan to start to build some props such as pillars/wall-mounted things/etc. I'd like to start toying with more emissive textures for some monitors and screens and controls.

Thanks for your support, and looking forward to bringing you more! Can't wait to see what you build with this!!!!!

http://u3d.as/Wz3

Next update, I plan to add in a few more variations of things, and build up some ramps/stairs, and prepping for tiered levels for multiple floors.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    TeagansDad likes this.
  2. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

Bought this last night but haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Looking forward to it though, as I love building with modular kits.

I'd love to see exterior pieces that these snap into (like the 3D Forge kits), as well as dirty/deteriorated variants. There are a lot of shiny & new looking sci-fi kits on the Asset Store, but not many that you can use to create that "used" galaxy aesthetic prevalent in the original Star Wars films (also in the TV series Firefly).

So that's high on my wishlist. :)

3. STEAKandGAMES

STEAKandGAMES

Awesome! Thanks for the support. I do plan to build some exterior pieces for these to snap into. These would actually snap right into the 3D Forge exteriors, but obviously the style would be all wrong. I've added dirty/deteriorated variants to my list, and will try to include that into an update soon.

Firefly was one of my favourite shows. A shame that they were only able to do a single season. Serenity closed it out decently enough, but man I wish they could have continued with it. If you haven't seen it yet, check out Dark Matter (there are three seasons on Netflix.) It does a decent job of filling in our Firefly void.

TeagansDad likes this.
  4. STEAKandGAMES

STEAKandGAMES

Fired up Substance Designer now. Gonna throw together a texture atlas with some dirty/deteriorated variants. Should be able to include them in the next update. Thanks again for the suggestion.

TeagansDad likes this.
  5. STEAKandGAMES

STEAKandGAMES

Here's an example of what I was coming up with for a dirty/deteriorated variant. Still working on it (as there's a lot of parts to the atlas that need reassembling), but it should come out pretty cool.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    TeagansDad likes this.
  6. STEAKandGAMES

STEAKandGAMES

finished 112 walls in the aged variant. here's an example of what they look like next to their clean versions (sorry the images got a bit darker when converting to jpg and posting, they look better when loading the prefabs in Unity). I'll do versions of the ceilings/floors/doors/etc. with it as well. So, now there are 16 different variations of the wall set.

7. STEAKandGAMES

STEAKandGAMES

now that I look at these pictures, I may lighten up the dirt layer on the dirty white walls a bit more. will fix it after I eat something.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  8. STEAKandGAMES

STEAKandGAMES

Done! Kit now has a dirty/abandoned/dull/aged variant to the entire set. Here's a quick example mirrored off of the old test setup. This will be included in an update that I will upload this week, once I finish some of the other things that I want to include in it (plain ceilings without emissive lighting, less complicated animations for a hangerdoor). It will take a bit for Unity to approve the update, but you'll see it soon. The update after this one, I will build some stairs/ramps/ceilings that allow for a 2nd floor. Pretty lame that I've only built for a flat level so far. :D

9. STEAKandGAMES

STEAKandGAMES

***Update 1.01. Planning to upload it on Friday, October 6th. So, if there are any other requests, I'll try to squeeze them in before then.

Prefab count going up to 455. (still a few more things I want to finish, so the count will increase still a bit before Friday.)

The plan for this asset is that I will continue to do large updates, and expect that this will end up getting quite expansive. As these updates are released, I will increase the price slightly. However, I don't feel that enough people have gotten in on the initial price-point of $10, so I will not be increasing the price yet. I'd like to have a solid group of people in the door at the low price before it increases. All current customers will then receive the updates free of charge, and only new customers will absorb the increased costs. So tell everyone to buy it now. :)

10. STEAKandGAMES

STEAKandGAMES

Version 1.1 is now uploaded and pending review. You should all have it available to you soon.
    Package is increasing to 479 prefabs.

Next up on the roadmap, I will be building stairs/ramps and prepping sets of ceilings to accommodate flooring. Excited to bring this to you all!

Feel free to make any requests or give any feedback. Any and all is appreciated and taken into consideration!

11. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

Very nice! You're updating it faster than I have time to check it out. :)

The dirty variants look particularly good.

12. STEAKandGAMES

STEAKandGAMES

Update 1.1 is now live on the store! Would love to hear feedback or any thoughts or recommendations for the future.

http://u3d.as/Wz3

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  13. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

sry i see nothing special on this pack,the textures are from gametextures.com
    Sci Fi Wall Set Light

and some other...have you the rights to sale this textures?

Mister-D likes this.
  14. STEAKandGAMES

STEAKandGAMES

[Deprecated temporarily: I've decided that I'm going to create textures for this, rather than using the current atlas'. I wanted to deprecate it, so it doesn't end up breaking anyone's projects when I replace them all.]

According to their licensing, yes. I'm not selling their textures in raw form, I've taken sections of their textures and modified them heavily with substance designer into one large atlas. Their commercial license, which I have purchased, states that you may include their textures if they are modified and not in raw form. There is no way to retrieve the original textures from the package.

It is stated clearly in the text on the asset (as well as the first post in this thread) that the textures are made from textures purchased from gametextures.com. Sci Fi Wall Set Light is only one section of the atlases that are in the atlas. However, they look great, and I recommend everyone to check out their site if you are in need of any textures. Their quality is A+

But, thank you for your feedback. Let me know if there is anything that you would add to make it stand out.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.