Search Unity

[RELEASED] 2DxFX: 2D Sprite FX

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by vetasoft, Aug 1, 2015.

1. traunay

traunay

Hi,
    Been contemplating to buy your cool asset but as I do some research that it seems your effects only works on sprite renderer?

I have a project where I use Gaf to export from flash animation to unity and it uses its own mesh renderer + shader to draw the movieclip. The Gaf media exporter is free but your tool isn't so I can't try if they'll work together.

I was mainly trying to do some 2d (dynamic) lightning for my project. Do you think it'll work with your shaders?

Thanks

2. Guideborn

Guideborn

Hello!

I have an Advanced Lightning added to a sprite. It receives lighting fine; however, even with Add Shadow checked, the sprite does not cast shadows. It doesn't receive them either.

3. vetasoft

vetasoft

We just launch our new dedicated forum for our assets.

Join us here: https://forum.vetasoft.store/

There is also a contest to have a chance to win one of our assets !

27173398_1316282765184988_2131740316123561884_o.jpg
    Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

4. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi devs,

2DxFX is at 30% Off until Friday ! :)

Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

5. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

Just a question. How does 2DxFX differ from ShaderoSprite?

Looks to me that ShaderoSprite is better since you can create your own shaders where as this is already pre-defined effects without creating new ones? Or do they compliment eachother.

I love ShaderoSprite but this looks like I need it too :) just how awesome it makes sprites. Our current project is all 2D and sprites so ShaderoSprite is a huge goto tool. Thank you for making it!

But as for this asset? What should I know if I already own ShaderoSprite?

6. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi thanks for your message

2DxFX is a pack of FX to add to your SpriteRender or UI componant without doing anything.

Shadero Sprite is a shader editor to create shader for use with SpriteRender and UI.
    With Shadero Sprite, you can create basically any kind of effects.

Both do the same things, add FX on your sprites, but in 2 differents approch.

2DxFX is more than a time saver, it's a pack with many premade FX to use in one single click.
    Shadero Sprite, need some skill to achieve FX but when you have learn the basis, it's a great visual 2D shader editor tool.

Hope it's help,
    Vetasoft

7. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

That's what I thought. Thank you for clarifying but just to be clear....

I assume than with 2DxFX, by owning ShaderoSprite, We would be able to also edit/tweak by making changes to 2DxFX shaders with ShaderoSprite shader editor?.

Sounds like both are good to have since we won't need to spend time recreating FX that are already done in the 2DxFX package.

8. vetasoft

vetasoft

2DxFX are both separate asset, you can't load or manipulate shader from 2DxFX with Shadero Sprite.

In fact, 2DxFX use script, and some effect need to be manipulate by script.

Many effects from 2DxFX was designed to work with a script.

Like the jelly effect, http://www.vetasoft.store/2dxfx/Effects/JellyAutoMove.html ( the jelly react from change and require coding)

Shader made with Shadero Sprite, doesn't need to use a script to work. You need however, to create your script if you want to make, for example, the same effect from the Jelly Auto Move.

In other word, 2DxFX is a premade package of shader that work with script.

Hope it's help,
    Vetasoft

9. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

Well that sounds like I need it. I will have to grab it before tomorrow when the sale ends. Looks like a lot of fun :)

10. cemozturk

cemozturk

Hi,

I'm trying to add 2dxfx component to a sprite from code.

But the sprite flickers whenever i add the component!

SomeGameObject.AddComponent<_2dxFX_CircleFade>(); // It flickers at that very moment.

I think it is because of changing of shaders.

Do you know a way to bypass that flicker ?

Thank you.

11. cemozturk

cemozturk

What i am doing is dublicating the object, and deleting the clone after adding the component to prevent flicker.

12. giorgos_gs

giorgos_gs

Hi, I use the latest 2DxFX and Unity 2017.3.1 but all standard effects does not work in UI Image. It shows in the Scene but not in the Game editor. thanks

13. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi giorgos_gs,

It's strange, we will analyse that with this version and try to reproduce the errors.

Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

14. odysoftware

odysoftware

Any chance to get all those obsolete warnings (2018.1) fixed in an update?

15. kneza23

kneza23

Any tips how to create 2d flashlight with 2DxFX's advanced lighting? I now how to add advanced lighting (2DxFX) on all the sprites but i just can't make the light object to behave like real flashlight :(. My game is top down 2D so shadows also i think does not work.

16. WestHill

WestHill

Hi
    Does this asset work with Tilemap Renderer?

17. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi,

2DxFX work only for SpriteRenderer and UI Image canvas :)

Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

18. WestHill

WestHill

OK.
    I will be happy if this asset work with Tilemap Renderer.
    But, even now this asset is wonderful.
    thx.

19. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

There seems to be a bug/issue when trying to use these effects on TextMeshPro....They do not work at all or do not work properly.

It works fine on regular UI text.

Any plans to have this become compatible or can you suggest a work around for having this work with TextMeshPro?

20. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

It's a shame that most effects do not work as expected when using packed sprites. Is there some way to make them compatible?

21. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

hdrp support?

22. vetasoft

vetasoft

2DxFX version 3.0 is now available

V3.0.0: - Improve speed and performance !
    - Add more then 100 stand alone shaders ! ( /ExtraShaders )
    - Add Active Update (desactive for a better performance, active to change the value in real-time)
    - Fix shaders issue
    - Add new demo scenes

Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

zyzyx and SVC-Games like this.
  23. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

Translation => Who cares about your questions I have no time to support customers or answer questions but everyone look a new version and again, no questions please since you don't matter and I will most likely ignore you.

Deleted User and hippocoder like this.
  24. vetasoft

vetasoft

Very sorry about that,

@ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot There seems to be a bug/issue when trying to use these effects on TextMeshPro....They do not work at all or do not work properly.

It's not really an issue, 2DxFX is not design to work with Textmesh pro. Textmesh Pro use a different approch regarding the use of the texture.
    Some shader included in our version 3.0 could work like HSV or any color manipulation but regarding distortion, displacement etc, it won't work. That's a limitation from Textmesh Pro and the text system in general.

@wagenheimer It's a shame that most effects do not work as expected when using packed sprites. Is there some way to make them compatible?

This is also a limitation from Unity, in fact, Shader with texture atlas doesn't work well. is work well with color manipulation but not with displacement effect, etc. This is mainly caused by the UV system that work as a single texture. So, if you have multiple sprite on a texture, the effect will act strange.

That's why we recommand to use 2DxFX with single sprite.

@RadioFolk hdrp support?

Not for now, HDRP are a new feature for Unity 2018.2 and we need to investigate more to improve all our shaders and make it compatible with HDRP.

Hope it's help,
    Sorry again for the late.

25. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

Too bad about the TextMeshPro compatibility but not a huge loss as its easy enough to work around by using regular Unity UI Text which it seems to work fine and TextSprites.

The atlas limitation is also a bummer but likely the similar reason why TextMeshPro does not work either due to similar working.

Thank you for spending the time to answer our questions, we all appreciate that.

26. Imperatoss

Imperatoss

Hey guys, i just bought this asset and it looks great. I have only one question. How do you get the effects working on regular ui text? Is it also possible to use multiple effects on the same sprite?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  27. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi Imperatoss,

The effect doesn't work with Ui Text because Unity use a particual system regarding text (like textMeshPro).

On 2DxFX you can't add multiple effects ( like for example camera post effect ), it's also a limitation (in fact, you can't use multiple shaders at one)

If you want multiple particular effects at once, you need a 2D tool like Shadero to generate your shader (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/97406)

Also, we have add all the 104 shaders from 2D Shader Collection on the 2DxFX version 3.0

Hope it's help,
    Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Grafos likes this.
  28. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

I was able to make this work by having the the UI Text use the same material as a sprite scroll. When the scroll dissolves so does the UI Text. TMP doesn't work that way though.

29. Imperatoss

Imperatoss

Thanks for the fast answer =) I will try to merge the 2dxFx shader with my TMP shader

Thx for the answer, i just created an empty sprite where i used the same material like in my UI Text as a shared material to control my text effect

30. Imperatoss

Imperatoss

Hey guys. If i use a Mask, the Scripts under the interfered images dont change the Shader values.

Can someone help me with that?

31. Imperatoss

Imperatoss

I could figure out what the problem was. If you have a "stencil" material you have to use in the _2dxFX_XXX Scripts

Code (CSharp):
    1. CanvasImage.materialForRendering.SetFloat("_Distortion", Desintegration);
    instead of

Code (CSharp):
    1. CanvasImage.material.SetFloat("_Distortion", Desintegration);
    I just managed this by modifying the scripts i need with an additional bool, i called it "IsMasked"
    I added it to the GUI Layout and if it is set to TRUE it uses the materialForRendering. For example:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (IsMasked)
    2.                 {
    3.                     CanvasImage.materialForRendering.SetFloat("_Alpha", 1 - _Alpha);
    4.                     CanvasImage.materialForRendering.SetFloat("_Value1", _Value1);
    5.                     CanvasImage.materialForRendering.SetFloat("_Value2", _Value2);
    6.                     CanvasImage.materialForRendering.SetFloat("_Value3", _Value3);
    7.                     CanvasImage.materialForRendering.SetFloat("_Value4", _Value4);
    9.                     CanvasImage.materialForRendering.SetFloat("_Distortion", Desintegration);
    10.                     CanvasImage.materialForRendering.SetColor("_ColorX", _Color);
    11.                     CanvasImage.materialForRendering.SetFloat("_Size", Seed);
    12.                 }
    13.                 else
    14.                 {
    15.                     CanvasImage.material.SetFloat("_Alpha", 1 - _Alpha);
    16.                     CanvasImage.material.SetFloat("_Value1", _Value1);
    17.                     CanvasImage.material.SetFloat("_Value2", _Value2);
    18.                     CanvasImage.material.SetFloat("_Value3", _Value3);
    19.                     CanvasImage.material.SetFloat("_Value4", _Value4);
    21.                     CanvasImage.material.SetFloat("_Distortion", Desintegration);
    22.                     CanvasImage.material.SetColor("_ColorX", _Color);
    23.                     CanvasImage.material.SetFloat("_Size", Seed);
    24.                 }

I was also able to modify some Shaders so i can use them with TextMeshPro Components. I will post my Solution tomorrow. Its already late here =)

dsych and vetasoft like this.
  32. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

Hi all, would like to know if can do card art effects using this plugin?

33. ZygoUgo

ZygoUgo

NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.
    Shader.Find (System.String shader) (at Assets/Shader.cs:24)
    _2dxFX_Waterfall.OnEnable () (at Assets/2DxFX/Scripts/_2dxFX_Waterfall.cs:222)

Getting these errors on play, any ideas how to fix it? Thank you!

34. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

The sprites / shaders on this plugin can be used in Unity UI?
    Thanks.

35. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

@vetasoft
    how to get metalfx to use other colors other than white?

EDIT: the 2dxfx extra shader folder contains TurnMetal.shader, i want to add tint so that i can use various colors to differentiate rarity... how do i modify the shader?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  36. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

2dxfx is broken for unity 2019.1.0f2!
    Fix is needed!

37. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

Why is there no reply in both here & the veta forums?!

38. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

Scripts/shaders don't work with UI elements in Unity 2018.3.6, some work for a minute or so and then disappear, others disappear on scene start. But it only does this with UI elements, not sprite renderers.

39. jase66

jase66

hdrp support?

40. Gamingbir

Gamingbir

I wonder if the support is gone for this unity asset.

41. DearUnityPleaseAddSerializableDictionaries

DearUnityPleaseAddSerializableDictionaries

Can you make it work? I want to apply two different 2DXFX on the same image.

42. DearUnityPleaseAddSerializableDictionaries

DearUnityPleaseAddSerializableDictionaries

I just tried adding them myself, but the code is quite hacky - both the C# and particularly the shader code. I'd have to do this for every shader.

43. dzalavadiya97

dzalavadiya97

Hello, While changing values in Asset bundle of 2dxFx properties with custom material it's Not working(I am changing value through Animation of 2dxFx Properties) I tried to add it shader in Build In shader also. Still got no result.!
    Can anyone please help me out? I am using Unity V : 2019.3.0f6