Search Unity

[RELEASED] 2DxFX: 2D Sprite FX

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by vetasoft, Aug 1, 2015.

1. geekchau

geekchau

Hi, I also came here to ask if this is compatible with 2d toolkit, thanks.

2. Driven

Driven

Attaching the Plasmashield effect works perfect in Editor and Android Devices with GLES 3. On IOS (Ipad mini 1) the effect does nothing. The Version from EsySprites2D was working earlier. Any Idea why? Like this i can not use this effect anymore :/

3. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

Has anyone been able to get the shaders to work on their UI Image properly? I've yet to be able to do so. After attaching the scripts to the UI Image, the editor does not change anything when I change the values.

4. _eternal

_eternal

Does anyone have suggestions for optimizing some of these scripts a little bit, particularly to reduce GetComponent calls? I saw that a reviewer mentioned this issue but they didn't suggest a solution.

I have a few PlasmaShields active at once, and I'm experiencing a GC.Collect lag spike every second or two.

5. Urishizu

Urishizu

Hi,

Just checking if there is an update on the release date for 2.0? I purchased the asset, but I can't use it unless lighting works in conjunction with these special fx. Also, is there tutorials for properly doing the animations for turning a sprite into blood? I hacked together a solution myself but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as your videos.

Thanks!

6. m-kan

m-kan

Hello.

I'm trying to use the CompressionFX with a UI Image. Not being programmer, I was wondering if there was a means to make the effect intermittent rather than constant.

7. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

2.0 is in the store :)
    I wish there where some demo scenes.

8. Demigiant

Demigiant

Hi,

I bought 2DXFX a while ago, but didn't get to use it until now. I updated to the last version today.

I need to share the material between same effects, and also set the "Change Material Property" option at runtime (specifically, for the "_2dxFX_PlasmaRainbow_Color" effect. Here's the problems:
    • Setting the Change Material Property to TRUE via the Inspector, resets it to FALSE on play (when there's a material assigned to the "Shared Material" field)
    • At runtime, I try to change the "ActiveChange" property (which is the one connected to the "Change Material Property" checkbox) but it's reset to false by the component's Start call (which does weird things with the ShaderChange property)
    Also, on a secondary note, I'm sorry to say that your code is pretty badly optimized. For example, inside the "_2dxFX_PlasmaRainbow_Color" effect, not only there are various GetComponent calls repeated every frame (inside Update), but you're also repeating the same GetComponent calls multiple times inside the same Update call, because you never store the result not even in the closure. You say that "All the 2DxFX effects are [...] optimised", but that is really not what I see =P Are you conscious of this, and/or plan to fix it in future updates?

Deleted User and Ben-BearFish like this.
  9. sevensails

sevensails

Does 2dxfx really needs all these textures on Resources folder?

Unity put all these textures on the final build even I'm not using the effect that requires it. It will not work if you move them to another folder by default?

Nick62 and Deleted User like this.
  10. sevensails

sevensails

And I have two errors on Unity 5.5

Code (csharp):
    2. Shader error in '2DxFX/Standard/Cartoon': 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction at line 92 (on gles)
    4. Compiling Vertex program
    5. Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA
    7. Shader error in '2DxFX/Standard/Cartoon': incorrect number of arguments to numeric-type constructor at line 92 (on gles3)
    9. Compiling Vertex program
    10. Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA
    Is the a fix on the way?

Deleted User likes this.
  11. vetasoft

vetasoft

@Izitmee:

I fact, this issue didn't change the possibilities to modify any effects at runtime.
    This features was mainly made for change properties on the inspector, and to be used for example, with animator.
    But you right about the properties turning False after playing, this is an issue and it we will fix on our next releases.

For the optimisation, if you're using the shared material for several sprites, you will save a lot of GetComponent.
    The optimisation is mainly made on the shader, but again, they are certainly some optimisation to do around there, that's for the notification.

@ Sevensails: Thanks for reporting this, this is a strange issue, we will look at it and fix it on our next release.

Check out the next release in 2017, we've got great update including Organic FX technology that we are really proud of.

Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

12. staticbl

staticbl

Hello,

I just bought this package, been playing around with it and I think you did excellent work !

2 Questions :

1) I want to disable / enable some of the effects from my scripts, so I thought of using the Fading = 1 or Fading = 1. But it seems like Fading = 0 always hides my Sprite instead of just hiding the FX, so my sprite disappears, why is that ?

2) Would you be able to make a tutorial for the advanced lighting features, in which you explain how you did the lighting effects showcased in the demo video ? That would probably help a lot of people including myself.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  13. stevenatunity

stevenatunity

Hi, I'm also getting this error with a Shiny Reflect on my image resulting in a distorted image. I'm on Unity 5.5.0p3 building to android (OpenGLES2 in rendering settings).

Any quick fix for this?

Thanks, Steven

Attached Files:

14. hitking100

hitking100

I recently bought this and wanted to ask if there are customers here who got the advanced lighting with shadows to work ? There is absolutely nothing to go by in the manual.

15. staticbl

staticbl

I've been wondering the same and posted above, but have had no reply yet. Could we get some help on this ? :)

16. Grafos

Grafos

Is there a way to enable, disable and switch the effects during runtime?

17. staticbl

staticbl

@vetasoft, could we get some answers please ? :)

18. billy-kahong-chan

billy-kahong-chan

Hi ,

I have use your ColorChange effect to my sprite, but it did not cast and receive the shadows. Any Idea to fix it ??

Thanks.

19. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi all,

@jonathan-blakoe:
    1) Just enable/ disable the scripts from the gameoject component. The Fade work only to fade using the alpha, not between the effects.
    2) A demo scene will be released by the end of this week with a new update.
    @stevenatunity:
    The issues as been fixed and will be released on the next released, this is due to a "no value declaration" on some shaders instructions, that cause error on some devices.

@billy-kahong-chan:
    For the moment the light system work only with the directional light and the spot light, we are currently looking to get it work with the point light.

Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

20. stevenatunity

stevenatunity

@vetasoft Thanks, looking forward to the update :)

21. Dinacode

Dinacode

Hi,
    Is 2DxFX compatible with Ngui?

Thanks.

22. TobyYe

TobyYe

@vetasoft Hi,I can't disable 2dxFX on my GameObject, I made this GameObject as a prefab. When I disable 2dxFX, it seems that the sprite-default shader can not be save on the prefab. Now if I don't use 2dxFX, the sprite just disappear.

23. NOoooRyuk

NOoooRyuk

Hi, Firstly, your asset is pretty cooool. But I have some questions. Do you have any Ideas or tips for avoid or decrease
    GC.collect in _2dxfx_Fxname.Update() ?? I use it each fx script once with 'Shared material' , and each spriteRenderers' material use it (= shared material)

24. Deleted User

Deleted User

Just purchased the asset. I am getting 7 warnings about inconsistent line endings for Max / Windows.

Seems cool but again, as @sevensails asked, why do you put everything inside the Resources folder? All files in the Resources folder get included in the build and I'm pretty sure they're not all needed. At least images of your asset logo definitely aren't.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2017
    Nick62 likes this.
  25. The_Arrival

The_Arrival

It seems not to... or i didn´t figure it out yet. NGUI Comes with three components for displaying Images and i tried to add a 2dx component to each of those without any effect.
    In addition to that the recommended component for building your UI, the UISprite, only works with an atlas (which is a good idea to optimise your game for drawcalls) and i read that most of the effects need standalone sprites and don´t work with atlases.

So question @vetasoft: Any way to make the effects work with NGUI-Sprites? Would be really great if there´d be a way, cause i´m pretty sure those effects could be very useful to create a topnotch UI

edit: I actually made it work using this manual. If it´s a good idea to build up your UI that way is a different question though :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  26. vetasoft

vetasoft

@NOoooRyuk : We are working on a way to restructure the scripts and by this way, improve the performance. The fact is that we have try to limit the update call but, this scenario cause other unexpected issue when we want to update the value of the filters. of course, we don't want thoses kind of issues. We need to think on a global way to work with every game scenario and used.

27. Deleted User

Deleted User

Why are you ignoring me and @seventails question? :/

28. vetasoft

vetasoft

@supremegrandruler

Sorry about that,

We have fixed some shader issue, we have also solved the iOS Metal and the new Vulkan issue from the 5.6.

It will be released soon.

For the resources, it's used for the editor and to call extra texture FX for the shaders. You can remove some of them if your not using a specific FX.
    We beleive that it's part of your final optimisation to remove what you are and what you are not using.

Hope it's help.
    Vetasoft

29. Zeitcatcher

Zeitcatcher

I think what @supremegrandruler was saying, is that all your images that are only supposed to be used by Unity Editor are being packed into actual game builds. What you're suggesting is to delete those assets and then put them back after building, which is not a great pipeline considering that for you it is a simple one time fix — move those assets into a folder named "Editor Default Resources" instead of "Resources": https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SpecialFolders.html

Nick62 and Deleted User like this.
  30. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes, and I think it would be nice to move all Shaders into a separate "Shaders" folder. That way they can be included in the build only if the user actually makes use of them. I think this asset is really good, but it's the only one that's not properly making use of the Resources folder. :(

Nick62 likes this.
  31. Deleted User

Deleted User

@vetasoft , I see all the files are still included in the Resources folder. although the Editor files are removed, which is nice.

There's no need to include all the shaders in the Resources folder, as was said previously, though.

This is a good asset but unless those things are done I wouldn't be able to give it 5 stars.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2017
    Nick62 likes this.
  32. Deleted User

Deleted User

@vetasoft I'm having an issue. Not sure if it's a problem with the asset or Unity (or me) but I noticed the EdgeEffect isn't working well when used on a sprite inside a sprite sheet. Basically, I have a sprite sheet with the sprite's attack animation and the glow seems to factor ALL the sprites in the spritesheet together,

Also it doesn't seem like the effects stack?

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2017
  33. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate.

We are rewriting all our scripts, to avoid and improved many things. The challange is to make it all compatible in many cases.

@supremegrandruler : Not all the effects work with spritesheet. The effets are mainly design to work with single sprite.

We do our best to provide you the best 2D FX assets available on the Asset Store. Any feedbacks, comments, suggestions and ideas is really helpful for us.

Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

34. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi everyone,

New version 2.3.6 just came out.

Here is the new features since the version 2.0.0:

- Add new FX "Blur HQx" Ultra High Quality blur
    - Add new FX "Blur HQ" with smoothedge.
    - Fix HDR issues with New Teleportation
    - Shaders optimisations
    - Fixing iOS Metal and Vulkan shader issues.
    - Filter such as Outline work great with Unity 5.6
    - New optimized FX
    - Add 2 New Teleportation FX with HDR Support
    - Add Standard Burn FX
    - Add 4 Demo Scenes for Lightning and Flames
    - Add Standard / Flame Additive

In-Progress:

- Rewriting and optimise all the scripts
    - New filters

For the moments, our main focus is set on the c# scripts.

If you have suggestions about new FX, don't hesitate.

Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

35. vetasoft

vetasoft

Major update in development

2DxFX version 3 is in development and we will bring a major evolution.

We listen to all our customers and in order to satisfy our users, we decided to add a fundamental element to this asset.

For several months we have been working on a Node editor that will allow you to create your own effects using the effects already available in 2DxFX.

With this editor, you will be able to create multiple special fx shader, add several effects simultaneously, add light support, mask, multiple textures, or not and much much more.

A large number of effects already present will also be present as a project, which will greatly facilitate the edition for your creations.

A great addition to the pack of effects and we are very proud of this evolution.

The version 3.0.0 will be available for free to all buyers of 2DxFX by July 20th.

This asset will be in beta version, after that we plan to release an extended standalone version with more features later.

I hope you enjoy the news !

See you on June 20th.

Vetasoft

Grafos, Fab4 and chiapet1021 like this.
  36. Eidern

Eidern

Nice, but did your organic animation feature is in standby for the moment, or will it be included with v3?

37. jGate99

jGate99

Hi there,

When i apply any effect to canvas image, it seems to be animated even in edit mode, what i want is tweak it in edit mode (so it stays fix) and then use the same fixed look in play mode.

For example, Hologram 3 effect

Please advise

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  38. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Any new on the new v3 version? I would be happy to test it out

39. shawnblais

shawnblais

Is it possible to use this Fx pack to create reflections as seen here?

40. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi,

Yes, but with some level design tricks.

Like this :

2dxfx-2.jpg

2dxfx-1.gif

For example, in this game, you can see clearly that the sprite and the other elements a duplicate and inverted. This is the best way to control the reflection effects.

The distortion is made with 2DxFX and use the background so you can also add fish and the fish will be also distorted.

Hope it's help,
    Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

Fab4 likes this.
  41. vetasoft

vetasoft

42. TheMonkeysaur

TheMonkeysaur

Hi,

Would it be possible to add an effect like the water effect but which automatically takes whatever is above the sprite and inverts it? There is a 2D water reflection asset/shader on the asset store already but it's quite fiddly and this kind of thing would make a great and useful addition to 2DxFX, if it's possible.

Thanks.

43. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi TheMonkeysaur,

Yes, it's possible and will we do it for our next release.

Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

44. TheMonkeysaur

TheMonkeysaur

That's great! Thank you so much!!

45. TheMonkeysaur

TheMonkeysaur

Hi, I am having some trouble with the Jelly effects.

My sprite is being clipped at the edges and at the top. At first I thought this was because I did not have enough transparency space between the final pixels of the drawing and the edges of the image, so I increased the space, but there still seems to be a problem with the top and sides being clipped. The BoxCollider outline in this gif represents the scale of the actual image, I even added a red box above one sprite to test and strangely the red box gets effected but somewhere around the top of the jellyfish image and the bottom of the red box (and also the sides of the jellyfish but well inside the sprite bounds) there is some issue with clipping going on.

Any idea what is going on and what I can do about it?

Thanks for your help.

46. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi,

You must put your SpriteRenderer in "Sliced" Draw Mode.
    Thanks to this mode, all the pixels are now usable.

Hope it's help,
    Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

47. TheMonkeysaur

TheMonkeysaur

Perfect, problem solved!

Thanks so much for your help.

vetasoft likes this.
  48. Aenah

Aenah

Hello.

I just bought 2DXFX and attached the component FX_Blood to a UI Image. This works great in play mode, but I see the next warning in console:

"MissingComponentException: There is no 'Renderer' attached to the "Starring Portrait" game object, but a script is trying to access it.
    You probably need to add a Renderer to the game object "Starring Portrait". Or your script needs to check if the component is attached before using it."

How can I solve this? If I add the Sprite Renderer component to my UI Image, the warning disappears, but the effect dosnt works.

Thanks for your time.

49. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi Aenah,

What Unity version did you use ?
    We will look at that issue.

Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

50. Aenah

Aenah

Hi.

My Unity versión is 2017.1.0f3