Search Unity

[RELEASED] 2DxFX: 2D Sprite FX

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by vetasoft, Aug 1, 2015.

1. abgamers

abgamers

As mentioned above by product owner "Vetasoft", you can add desired effect since Unity Canvas UI is supported by the tool.

2. moh05

moh05

Ok I bought it and tried the outline effect...It didn't work for my cards...what is the solution here? If you notice, only the edges are highlighted

Attached Files:

3. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi Moh05,

yes, 2DxFX is now compatible with UI Image.

We are improving the compatibilities to support also all the feature including UI mask etc.

Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  4. vetasoft

vetasoft

@moh05

For the Card FX, your card need to have free pixel around the sprite. In other word, in order to have a proper effect, you should size up the canvas of your image. That's a small constraint to use the outline properly.

5. Darkkingdom

Darkkingdom

Hey @vetasoft ^^

Is this usefull for 2D Topdown games?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  6. meapps

meapps

it seems to break some of my prefabs if i save them. Any solution?

7. Andrej-Vojtas

Andrej-Vojtas

2DxFX looks really really good, best of luck also with the your game Blue Angelo, it has a really powerful visual presence. By the way, what effect is used for the idle animation for the lead character? Is it one sprite or a skeletal system?

One question: can I use the effects (e.g. JellyFX, Shiny Light FX, Color Change, 4 Gradient FX, Blur) on sprite with normal maps and dynamic lights?

8. SVC-Games

SVC-Games

I'm interested in using 2DxFX with Sprite Factory sprites. I've read that it only works with Sprite Renderer but can it work with a Mesh renderer using the "Sprites/Default" Shader?

9. TINYSOFT

TINYSOFT

Hi, Vetasoft

When I bought 2DxFX I'm using the 2DxFX every day. Today we optimize our project with Sprite Packer in Unity. And 2DxFX doesn't work correctly, same problem when we use TexturePacker.
    How Can I fix this problem ? We absolute need fix this issue. You can fix only one Shiny Reflect Shader for example.

Regards Michal

10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Is this asset still supported? I send 2 emails via the website and never got a response.

11. vetasoft

vetasoft

Yes ! We're still alive and busy with our next release. Sorry if we couldn't answer your emails, we where all the past week at the GDC San Francisco.

We are working on a version 2.0 of 2DxFX with many new features and new effects never seen before.

Including 2D Organic FX, seen on our Kickstarter Campaign "Blue Angelo"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1882849218/blue-angelo-the-remake-of-the-2004-action-rpg

By the way, many great stuff is coming to promote and support this project, so don't hesitate to check our game and share with your friends.

Here is some exemple from the 2DxFX 2.0 beta :

All the scene are single 2D sprites. It's not a 3D character.
    ( The left character is to compare with the 2004 version of Blue Angelo and the new version )

All the scene is using 2DxFX 2.0 beta with Organic FX by Vetasoft

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

So I should wait until 2.0 is released before buying or will I get a free upgrade if I buy now?

13. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Very nice organic fx!

14. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi,

All our next upgrade will be free upgrade.

Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

15. fabiobp

fabiobp

Hi, I'm using Edge Color and Desintegration on the same Image. I use Desintegration and it works, I test EdgeColor and it works, when I test Desintegration Again it stops work. It's seems some imcompability between these 2 effects. Can someone help me?

16. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi everyone, 2DxFX version 1.8.5 is coming with new useful FX is coming next week.

Also, 2DxFX version 2.0 is in work with new revolutionary technology for your Sprite Renderer. You're 2D game will drastically be improved ! The version 2.0 will be released, when it's ready before september.

Meanwhile, we will continue to make updates with new effects and improvement.

Also , if you have particular request, do not hesitate to let us know, we will do everything possible to achieve this FX. And if we can, it will be directly included in each update.

Best Regards,

rrahim and bamncan like this.
  17. xpachin

xpachin

hi!
    i have a question. when i use the grass texture with the grassFx it, works but left and right sides are lost. i understand that , and what i need is a wider canvas, to have som space for the sprite to move. but, for some reason, even with the bigger canvas, its doesnt show more.
    grass.png
    same happens with the tree, but this time with the border of the trunk itself (i think) and not the box of the sprite:
    trunk.png
    so the image should have some special configuration?
    thanks!

18. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi xpachin,

To avoid that, you should extend the canvas of the sprite.

Hope it's help

19. xpachin

xpachin

thats is what i did. look at the size of the sprite (blue points) and the shape of the palm.
    anyway, i know now that is the alpha color, but i just dont know how to fix it in photoshop, but in fireworks (the old fireworks!) i paint it with the same color that your sprite background (some green) but with 1% of opacity. i dont know if thats the best way to do it, since a cant give it 0% opacity. in that case it detect it as vois space.

20. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi xpachin,

It's a good way to avoid this since Unity create a specific "work" shape based on the sprite alpha. We use this method several time in our production.

Best Regards

21. xpachin

xpachin

thanks anyway ;)
    last question. when is going to support lights? since my escenes are in the night, i cant use this effect inmy game.. do we have to wait to v2?

22. vicenterusso

vicenterusso

+1 for light support

23. bamncan

bamncan

Would it be possible to get the ability to set the texture in the SkyCloud filter?

24. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi everyone,

Light support is on the way ! :)

@bamncan we will add this feature in our next release! :)

Have a nice day,
    Vetasoft Team

25. xpachin

xpachin

Fantastic!!!
    can´t wait!!!!

26. vicenterusso

vicenterusso

Fantastic!!!
    can´t wait!!!! [2]

27. bamncan

bamncan

Actually after I updated to the asset, you released something that basically does it: _2dxFX_Offset

28. kurismakku

kurismakku

Hi, great asset! :)

I have one problem with atlas textures generated from Texture Packer.

Clipping doesn't work from 0-1, but instead the image disappears in range 0.15 - 0.227.
    The values are different depending on the side and the size of the image.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  29. Darkann

Darkann

Hi there, thank you for this asset !

I have one question :
    I'm using the distortion FX on an image to create the illusion the flag is moving (like wind).
    But the flag has some text in its child (in a Unity Text component), I've tried using a shared material between both text and image, but it's doing some weird stuff, like each letter is independent from one another.

FlagMoving.gif

Did I do something wrong or not understand something ? Or do you have any workaround for this ? (except putting the text directly on the image)

Thanks in advance for any help you can get me !

30. RavenTravelStudios

RavenTravelStudios

Hi guys,
    i'm interested in the color swap feature.

Does it support bilinear filtering? And its possible to change colors (or palette set) at runtime?

Thank you ! :)

31. LordYabo

LordYabo

Hi, Just bought it.
    I need something to allow me to desaturate a canvas UI image. I thought I saw from your screenshots the ability to change saturation. I tried looking for documentation, but there isn't any on your website.

The only thing I can find is Turn Into Gray Scale, which is not what I want.
    Am I missing something?

32. vetasoft

vetasoft

@kurismakku: not all the FX support Texture Packer, see the documentation for Texture Atlas compatibilities

@Darkann: The FX shader work only with 1 sprite and it doesn't support Unity Text componement because, it's not working like an image or a sprite. In your case, the text is working like a Texture Atlas. The only way to add the same FX on the sprite is to put the text as a sprite with photoshop or another software.

@RavenTravelStudios: Color Change can change the color of the sprite with the selected color. It's actually not possible to change the palette because the sprite with in RGBA, but we will work on a way to do that on our next release

@LordYabo: To change the saturation, you can use the HSV, and put the Hue Shift to 1, then, change the Color Saturation as you wanted

Hope it's help
    Vetasoft

33. Sharlei

Sharlei

Hi, where I can read the documentation, except downloading from asset store. I want to know before buying 2dxFX, which of FX supports Texture Packer .

34. thedailyasset

thedailyasset

35. vetasoft

vetasoft

36. DenisM

DenisM

Hi. Where i can get list of effects that work with spritesheet atlas? Before i will buy this.

Sharlei likes this.
  37. vetasoft

vetasoft

@DenisM, we are working on a new website with documentations, we hope it will be available in few weeks.

Hi everyone,

Just to inform you that we finally add Lightning support, with of course shadow and shadow receiver.
    All work fine.
    It would be available in few weeks the time to add this new features in all our FX and do some test on devices.

Hope you enjoy this news

Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

38. Katzelschnurr

Katzelschnurr

Hello!

How can i control the size of a certain effect - it seems to depend on the pixel resolution of the sprite?
    In my case, the effect (take the destruction effect for example) is way too tiny compared to the resolution. i have to scale my sprite up 5 times so that the effect looks good. - but obviously i cant do that :)

I hope you can help me out there!

best regards,
    Stephan

39. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hi @Katzelschnurr,

Of course we can help you, can we have a screenshot or an example of the sprite so we can figure it out and, try to add this new feature on our next release ?
    Also, version 2.0 of 2DxFX is on the way, we are working now on the documentations. Expect to have more than 60 Lightning support effect + extra new features !

Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

40. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

@vetasoft Regarding the Outline Effect, does the Outline actually create an outline around the sprite, or is it like Unity's Outline component where it creates a copy of the sprite behind it and scales it to create the outline effect?

41. vetasoft

vetasoft

This is a preview of the upcoming version of 2DxFX v2.0 with the SpriteRenderer Lightning Support and FX

Upgrade will be free if you have purchase 2DxFX v1.x
    Release Date : Mid-September 2016

More info: http://u3d.as/iis

2DxFX is on the Madness Sales, you can get it at 42% off.

Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

42. Cobra2

Cobra2

I bought this because it was on sale, this does not seem to work with NGui ?

43. urrmurrmur

urrmurrmur

Hi,

The asset store page says to check the documentation file to see which effects are compatible with a spritesheet, however the table in the documentation file is missing quite a few effects. Specifically, I was wondering if the grass effect works with a spritesheet? I tried adjusting the material's tiling property, but that doesn't seem to be working. Any tips?

44. xuxu

xuxu

Hi,
    I test 2DxFX1.8.2 on my mobilephone(Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Android 6.0 ), the "outline" can't work ,but other effect work great.
    And in unity editor(5.4) their all work great.
    I test on other mobilephone(eg: oppo) the outline work great! wtf!
    So ,any advice?
    thank you!

mobilephone=>

editor=>

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  45. Eidern

Eidern

Hello, Thanks for your awesome plug in. I got a couple of questions :
    -in my project, my characters are part of a gameobject with multiple gameobjects,each one containing a sprite. Is there a quick way to apply the same sprite renderer effect for all the child sprites of the main sprite? or am I stuck to add to each gameobjects the same effect?
    -I was watching at your organic component that you were talking back in march, do you have any released date yet?

Oh, and by the way, why not create a kind of community forum or FAQ for people using your assets in order to share tips & things like this?
    Keep up the good work

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  46. vetasoft

vetasoft

@Cobra2: NGUI use is own shader and it's not possible to add fx from 2DxFX to the NGUI System. However, 2DxFX can be an easy compagnon to any asset store plugin by working additionally with the SpriteRenderer System. Many users use both NGUI and 2DxFX without any troubles.

@urrmurrmur: However, the grass fx don't support spritesheet. For a better result, use a single sprite with your grass sprite. Remember to use a shared material for this particular effect if you need to add multiple grass sprite and save drawcalls.

@xuxu: That's a strange issue, we will look at it for our next release.

@Eidern: You need to add all the FX on the each sprite and share it with a single shared material to save draw call and manipulate only 1 gameobject 2DxFX parameters for all the child gameobjects and also, save drawcalls.

The organic component is on our plan and it will be a huge update, we will first release the lightning support in September 2016 and than, the organic system.

Also, we are working on a dedicated website with FAQs, online Docs and tips for the September release of 2DxFX 2.0.

Hope it's help,
    Vetasoft

Eidern likes this.
  47. Solgryn

Solgryn

So there's gonna be no way to use the effects with Spine or Ferr2D? I use Spine to animate all my sprites ;(

Will the new lighting effects be available for them at least?

48. Eidern

Eidern

Thanks again for working even on sundays ;)
    One last question and i'll wait till your next update.

Do you have any clue on how to get access to the sharedMaterial by scripting ?
    I'm currently trying this to add dynamically on each sprite of a given Gameobject one of your gradient effects, but i'm unable to add a shared Material on the fly :

Code (CSharp):
    1. AddingFx <_2dxFX_4Gradients>();
    4.     public void AddingFx<T>() where T : MonoBehaviour{
    6.         allSprites = GetComponentsInChildren<SpriteRenderer>( );
    8.         foreach (SpriteRenderer spr in allSprites) {
    9.             spr.gameObject.AddComponent<T>(); //this works fine
    11.             spr.gameObject.GetComponent<T>().GetComponent<Renderer>().sharedMaterial = Resources.Load("gradientMaterial.mat", typeof(Material)) as Material;   //this don't :'(
    12.         }
    13.     }
    It triggers an error from your script :
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    _2dxFX_4Gradients.Update () (at Assets/2DxFX/Scripts/_2dxFX_4Gradients.cs:97)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  49. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

How do we add the effects to a UI Image? I added the Outline effect to my UI Image gameobject, but it did not seem to work. I added a shared material as well, but it did not work.

EDIT:
    So it seemed like the UI image only shows an outline as long as the sprite isn't a square shape. When I use a square UI image there is no outline. Could you somehow fix this?

Also, the outline seems to be very bright is there a way to tone the effect down? Currently, it seems like a neon sign when added to the Image.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  50. Milo_del_mal

Milo_del_mal

I am wondering if 2DxFX is compatible with 2D Toolkit... Also, if the stroke effect is mobile compatible (In the sense that, it will not kill my framerate if I add stroke to 4 or 5 objects on screen).

Greetings and Thanks.