Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] 2D Platform Controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JohnnyA, Mar 11, 2013.

1. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Platformer PRO Beta 2 has been released!

2. MaddoScientisto

MaddoScientisto

Sorry I haven't read the huge thread, I only skimmed a few of the latest pages, how do I get the beta? (assuming I can get it, I did buy this asset a while ago).

3. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Send a support ticket including your 2DPC order number.

MaddoScientisto likes this.
  4. MaddoScientisto

MaddoScientisto

Done! Can't wait to try it out, I've been looking forward to it ever since I bought the original controller

5. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Here's the latest PRO update:

Howdy all,

the day job has been busy and I've had a flu for a few days so things have been a bit slow on the Platformer PRO front.

Been getting some good feedback, sorry if I haven't got back to you, I try to respond to all but sometimes thing slip through the cracks.

One piece of good news I did a quick update to Unity 5 manually so I could understand the differences and now believe I can make the upgrade with only a few #if UNITY_4 directives. In other words code base should transparently support both 4 and 5 fairly soon.

I should have some time tomorrow so hopefully I can finish off a few new features for another beta release.

Cheers,

John A

6. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Hi guys, released beta 2.1.

Beta Notes v0.2.1
    ---------------------------------------
    iTween removed
    - Several users described issues in previous projects with iTween performance, it was also causing issues in Unity 5.
    - Replaced with a simple custom tweening framework.

Full Unity 5 Support
    - Same code base now works in Unity 5 and Unity 4.6.
    - How-to: Copy project folder, open, select upgrade. You should NOT be prompted to do the second API upgrade step.
    - May still be some issues as testing hasn't been extensive.

New Features
    - Push movement. Push boxes.
    - Added some enemies to Alien sample including ability to kill by jumping on them or by head butting a brick which they are standing on.

2.5D/3D
    - Still haven't cleaned up Hero2.5D Sample so its messy "around the edges".
    - New models and animations underway (again) but may not make first release.

Bug Fixes
    - Not many as the U5/iTween upgrade took most of my time.
    - There are a couple marked as high priority in JIRA which should get addressed this week.

7. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Beta users can now get the next version:

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Release Notes - Platformer PRO - Beta - v0.2.2
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Air Movement Variable
    - Fixed some movement bugs.
    - Added warnings and tips to the inspector which help you get better movement.
    Ground Movement Physics
    - Added a stick to slope option similar to digital (so you can turn off rotate to slope and still move smoothly up and down slopes).
    Loopy Hamster
    - Heaps of clean up of the slide behaviour that kicks in if you don't have enough speed to loop.
    Beat-em Up Sample
    - Fixed colliders.
    - Clean-up so various bits and pieces although there are still known bugs around enemy colliders.
    StandardInput
    - Interface now makes it much clearer that settings here are overridden by PlayerPreferences.
    - Editor allows you to load/save default settings to/from XML file.
    - Editor allows you to set the defaults to match current player preferences (so you can configure using UI system in game and then save as defaults).
    - Editor allows you to clear player prefs.

superwendel likes this.
  8. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

In other news I'm looking for a few folks who would like to collaborate on a small to medium size platform game. By building something with a bit of depth I can work through the same process that you guys will be. Making sure I fix anything thats not working or hard to use along the way.

Any artists, level designers, etc, interested then drop me a PM.

PS I'm happy to be building someone else's game although I do have a few ideas (with basic GDDs, concept art, etc) ready too.

9. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

10. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Latest Platformer PRO video (read more on the WIP thread from above):

11. Fcaldas

Fcaldas

I am about to give up using this asset, I am afraid. Maybe because I only have three months of Unity3D experience... I can't get these colliders to work properly.
    I have a Collectable2D (default layer) for a coin and my Character (default layer).
    The Trigger is activated, but the character is super distant from the coin! I have no idea why the collider OnTriggerEnter2D is being invoked.
    The CircleCollider2D is obviously small, I even tested with it being way smaller than the sprite itself but nothing!

Any ideas?

12. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Please raise a support request, ideally including your sample.

Also just noting 2DPC is end of life, Platformer PRO will be released in the next few weeks.

13. kilik128

kilik128

be released in the next few weeks noted

14. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

should be submitted this weekend but I cant guarantee Unity's review time.

15. kilik128

kilik128

No problem one idea about the price for know how i need ask to my mom

16. Fcaldas

Fcaldas

Johnny, if it's EOL and you're releasing the next asset hopefully this weekend, I will remove the asset from my project for the time being. The project is just for me to learn more about Unity, so nothing very important.
    I've watched some of the videos of Platformer Pro and it really looks promising. Can't wait. Thanks!

17. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

@Fcaldas No problem, 2DPC is not great for those starting out. It was originally written for Unity 2.5, and first released to the public for Unity 3, and although it was updated for 4, as you can imagine, theres a lot of old code and approaches floating about.

Fcaldas likes this.
  18. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

19. yuewahchan

yuewahchan

How long will the upgrade price stay for 2DPC customer ?