Search Unity

[RELEASED] 2D Light System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by lmsAlterEgo, Jan 6, 2014.

1. castor76

castor76

Just purchased in good faith but .. sometimes faith can get me.. I hope things can improve for my case ..

I have sent Ims about my issue but I am posting here hoping to get faster support.

Issue 1 : It doesn't support rotation of the light so that it can be used for XZ plane 2D game. I can understand 2D normally means XY plane, but not so fast! Many games uses XZ plane too, especially using tech tool like this type.

Issue 2 : It doesn't support the draw render layer and order that you can set in the sprite renderer, or the setting you make using custom script. So the shadow will not draw on top of any other layer than : Default with 0 layer

Can you address these two issues for me please! it is urgent!

2. castor76

castor76

Looks like there is no replies from the author. And judging by the date last time author has logged to the forum, he may have abandonded the tool. This is very sad because $100 tool isn't considered cheap but there has not been a single replay for any support issue. Deeply regreting my decision and I may have to put up very low star for this tool

3. Mr-Stein

Mr-Stein

castor76 you Fix the problem? is good assets or not? im interested in this assets but i read your comment and I have fear to buy now.. =/
    No trial test for this asset?

4. castor76

castor76

Stein, unless you are prepared to go length to customize to your need, I would stay away from this asset.

Worst part of all is that it doesn't have source for the shaders it uses, makes everything so much difficult to make it work like it needs to be. "Fix" the problem is not the words that I would describe... it more like change everything that your rendering system used to be to suit the need of this tool.

5. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Expensive and demo doesn't even work ..

6. grimmgames

grimmgames

How difficult would it be to adapt this to 3D? There is another GPU LoS asset that i am currently using, but it's less than perfect, and I would be open to new solutions.

7. Phuzz

Phuzz

The curse of 2D Lights, I was going to buy this, but seeing that the developer abandoned the project as it seems, im not going to buy, I purchased another 2d system few days ago and supposed to be working on XZ plane then BOOM! it doesn't, and developer doesn't answer either. Sometimes I get the feeling that some Asset Store products are like buying from black market, I hope they return soon to their projects because it sucks to have to rotate a whole game to the other axis every few days

8. arkhament

arkhament

@Phuzz, I don't recommend you buy this asset, and like you I am also thinking that there is some kind of curse on the 2d lights assets

Phuzz likes this.
  9. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there!
    I'm coming very late to the party, but I'd really love a 2D system capable of faking direct lighting, and this system looked really great.

Did the author release it on a repo or public domain?

From what I see looks like the author is not answering and the asset got removed from the store.

Looked so cool :(

Are there alternatives?