Search Unity

[Released] 2D Jump'n'Run Framework

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Samb88, May 23, 2011.

1. Cosmas

Cosmas

In case no one else has mentioned it, I'd like to throw in a request for a half speed crouching movement.
    I've been trying to add it in tonight but the structure of the movement code is most cumbersome.

2. Artful Changer

Artful Changer

Condolences for you loss Samb88.

About the framework, two trivial questions:
    • if I buy it, am I entitled to updates?
    • is it only js? I would like c#. If I buy it as it is, will I be entitled to the c# version when it will be available?
    Thank you!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  3. Artful Changer

Artful Changer

Whoops, I couldn't resist, I just bought it :)
    Anyway, my questions are still valid.

4. Chase

Chase

While I've recently bought your framework and I'm finding it very easy to use, since this is all pretty new to me I have one small problem. I would like to disable sliding and make it so the player stops when the button isn't being pushed (even while in air) and I have no idea how to do this. It may be really simple but since I don't understand unity too well I'm totally lost. If Samb88 or anyone else could tell me how I could go about doing this I would be very appreciative. Thanks/Happy new year.

-Chase

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  5. PJisAnarchist

PJisAnarchist

Hello Samb and everyone!

I' m brand noob at Unity, even more at your framework, but I'm really impressed by the quality of your framework. After trying the web version and reading this thread, I bought it. It's pretty cool, and it really fit my project: A fun platform/action game.

But do you have any planning in mind? Any date for the 1.7 release, and what features will be added?

Hoping you'll get the time to work on your framework, I wish you the best for this new year.
    Sincerely,
    Julien

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  6. SlySly

SlySly

Hello!

Hey Samb88 have you got some news about the 2D Jump'n'Run Framework?
    It can be cool to know your plans :)
    Thanks!

All the best!

7. KeepTrying

KeepTrying

8. mplaczek

mplaczek

This is a fantastic framework... thank you very much for you time and hard work with this!

I was having a little problem with wall sliding / wall jumping that I was hopping someone would be able to help with... I can't get Lerpz or my own 3D character to wall slide even thought the Can_wallslide and Can_wall jump are both ticked... is there anything else I need to do at my end to ensure this is enabled?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

9. Mars91

Mars91

I have a question:
    can I use 2D toolkit animation or Umotion2D animation?

10. Mars91

Mars91

No one uses this framework?

11. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

I use it :) I'm sure Samb will get back to it when the time is right.

12. Neverbe

Neverbe

can you give me some info about the character? It's a 2D or a 3D character can I use 2D animation?

13. KeepTrying

KeepTrying

14. Neverbe

Neverbe

So I can you standard 2D spritesheet like in all the other 2D engines? Can I use animation made with 2D toolkit?

15. KeepTrying

KeepTrying

@Neverbe i'm not sure about spritesheet and 2D Toolkit - by default the framework uses PNG sequences.

16. Mars91

Mars91

Good to know

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  17. TTkJonas

TTkJonas

Hi
    I´m a newbie with a problem.
    I have created a new and empty Project and imported all the Files from the Jump and Run Framework. Now, when I run the game I have no player model and get many Errors. Can anybody help me?
    Thanks! :)

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/176/errorfi.jpg

*EDIT*
    Problem solved :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  18. Neverbe

Neverbe

Thank you. Does it works with Unity3.5?

19. Neverbe

Neverbe

Bought! It's really good and easy to use. I have only one question:
    Did someone manage to add an attack animation?

20. TTkJonas

TTkJonas

Ich versuche es mal auf deutsch zu erklären, da mich wahrscheinlich auf englisch keiner verstehen würde^^

Ich habe leider immer noch das gleiche Problem. Sowohl auf Windows7 als auch auf Mac mit Unity 3.5

Zuerst habe ich ein neues, leeres Projekt erstellt. Anschließend alle Dateien aus dem Framework 1.6 in das "Project" Fenster gezogen und somit importiert. Leider gehen dabei alle Verweise auf die Scriptdateien verloren (rote Pfeile) und wenn ich das Level starte passiert dann folglich rein gar nichts, außer die besagten Fehlermeldungen.

Hat jemand eine Idee? Was mache ich falsch, oder muss ich die Dateien auf eine andere Art importieren? Ich bin schon ganz verzweifelt

Hier das Bild:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/error2h.jpg/

Viele Grüße
    Jonas

*EDIT*
    Ich habe das Problem gelöst, indem ich die Dateien direkt über den Assest Store importiert habe. Nun funktioniert alles! :)

21. Mike_011972

Mike_011972

Hello,
    I'm thinking about getting this plugin as it could be a huge leap for me, but I really want to see wha it controls like, but the demo version doesn't seem to be there anymore:

"TEST THE CURRENT VERSION HERE (V1.5) http://www.gamingclerks.de/temp/jumperframework.html"

Any chance of updating the link?

Your talking plugin also looks pretty useful as well.:p

Thanks,
    Mike.

22. krayondragon

krayondragon

Hi guys,
    I'm an uber noob when it comes to coding, I'm an art guy.
    Has anyone modified the attack for 3d characters? At the moment it doesn't seem to recognize direction.

Cheers.

23. janio

janio

Hi!

I have liked this framework a lot.
    Somebody knows when the updated version will be available? A melee attack template would be a must.

24. markpollard1

markpollard1

I have just purchased this and ive changed the build to ios and i get several errors like this one
    Assets/2DJumpNRunFramework/TemplateScenes/DoodleJumpishFiles/create_jumppads.js(30,48): BCE0019: 'length' is not a member of 'Object'.

Can u help ?

25. Neverbe

Neverbe

Did you managed to add an attack animation?

26. janio

janio

Not yet, to make it I think it is necessary to change parts of the framework code.

27. Neverbe

Neverbe

yes it's sure but it should not be to hard. I had taken a look at playerJump script and with player state and a new animation we can do it.

28. alfredbaudisch

alfredbaudisch

The Demo link is missing (Error 404). Really interested in checking it out!

29. Mars91

Mars91

Can someone tell me how to use a Death animation with more than 5 or 6 frame?

30. davidrivera

davidrivera

I'm having the same problem. What version of Unity do you have? I have Unity 3.5 and I am wondering if this problem existed with Unity 3.4.

31. TTkJonas

TTkJonas

If you dont need the doodlejump scene, just delete the scene file and the JavaScript and the Error is gone :)

32. Mars91

Mars91

I managed to add an attack animation, to solve death animation problems and now I'm trying to add a melee attack

33. davidrivera

davidrivera

I got rid of doodle jump and it's associated Javascripts, and got a new error.

UnityExeption: Tag climbable is not defined!

I remmed out "tag = "climbable" and it worked, well sort of. The character was only able to jump and fire but could not walk.

34. janio

janio

You must set the tag "climbable" in the ladders.

I have made an melee attack, but only detects the collision when the SphereCollider in the player is as isTrigger = true, but the enemy have a RigidBody and I have used the functions OnCollisionEnter etc. Why is working only when isTrigger = true?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  35. trialforce

trialforce

Hi!

I like the framework a lot, but i am waiting for version 2.0. When it will came out?

A sugestion:

You can add a way for player to walk upper and down, in that way, combined with phisycal attack the framework will support beat'n up games like Final Fight and Street of Rage.

Thanks for good work.

36. Mars91

Mars91

I managed to add three melee attack!

37. gregmax17

gregmax17

I am curious to when this will happen too. I really love this framework!

But Samb88 hasn't posted for a few months. I hope all is well on his end.

38. Mars91

Mars91

I tried to contact Samb88 to ask him if he want my modified version/to sell me the rights to update it but he do not answer me.

39. Mars91

Mars91

Did someone managed to set up mobile control?

40. gregmax17

gregmax17

Samb88 hasn't been on the forums for over a month and a half now... what do you guys think?

41. Mars91

Mars91

He'll came back...I hope.

42. Samb88

Samb88

Hey,
    I know I can't say anything to make it up to all you guys. I had some very rough month. Yes, of course, it's all about the money.
    The thing is, I had to do something, so I can live from it. As much as I love programming and making things like the framework, the hard truth is I can't support my life with programming. In the last few month, I had to focus more on another project of mine. The plan is "two project, I make both and combined it will generate enough money so I can continue". FINALLY I reached the point where I can say, that the another project is running really well and I can come back to unity.

I can describe really well how little time I had for unity: I haven't opend the editor for 3 month. Today, I said to me "you have to continue your work!" Everyday, I felt bad for all the people who bought the framework in the last two month. So the will to make the next version was there, but not the time.

To make it short: I will continue to work on this framework of TODAY! I will make my own 2D game and need to update the framework, so everything will work just as it should be.
    I will use the "Smooth Moves" Editor Extension for my game, so you can expect, that my framework can work with that plugin together.

In february, I fixed some flash related bugs, sadly it broke the doodle jumpish demo, so I never released it. It should also fix a mobile deployment bug.
    I will pitch that mini but important update tomorrow and hopefully start to update the framework on a regulary basis.

Again, SORRY to everyone who had problems with the framework. I will make it up with something like a new player sprite fully animated.

This will not happen again!

43. KeepTrying

KeepTrying

Yeah Man, don't worry the good news: YOU ARE BACK ! :)

44. Mars91

Mars91

Will the previous version be available on your site/onLine? I do not work with Smooth Moves.

45. Samb88

Samb88

@keeptrying
    Thanks man :)

@FootprintGames
    Smooth moves will be supported, but it won't be a must. So you can use your current project without any problems with future updates!

46. bananamouth

bananamouth

Hey Samb88,

great to see you back! I've been following this thread for a while now, and I was one of the people that bought this asset during your absence. I just finished my crappy integration between it and Smooth Moves, I think you'll be pleased how easy it is. Hopefully you'll be able to implement some more features and abilities to the character/levels as well.

That said, since in these couple months I've tweaked a lot of little things on most of the original scripts, I would like to ask: is it possible, that you keep the same or similar script structure, so I can integrate the newer framework to my current project? And/or document what was changed somewhere?

Thanks and good luck.

47. mplaczek

mplaczek

Hi Samb88,

I've been putting my game together with Smooth moves and your framework... It's been working really nicely... But it must be said... Proper integration with your framework will be superb! So far I feel like i've been having to hack and compromise to get all the pieces to fit. Welcome back BTW... I can totally appreciate where you are coming from... I think quite a lot of us have been there! Best of luck with everything ;-)

48. gregmax17

gregmax17

He is back?! YES!!!!

49. parnell

parnell

Any idea if you'll be able to integrate more 3D character control settings?
    I was hoping to use the framework with my 3D characters.
    So glad to have you back...why not do a kickstarter for the money you'd need to get this plugin out the door?
    I'd back ya!
    B

50. gregmax17

gregmax17

What is currently on your list of features for this framework?
    What is the roadmap for this framework?

I think everyone would love to know! :D