Search Unity

[Released] 2D Jump'n'Run Framework

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Samb88, May 23, 2011.

1. Samb88

Samb88

Hey guys,
    Time is my biggest enemy and sadly I can't find the time do add more features right now. So my focus is on bug fixing.
    I will add new features as soon as I update to 4.0 (wich will be in early march).

So yes, sorry for that :(

@alahti
    Since the framework is made for more advance jumper, it needs to know when you released a button. The script in the framework uses the joystick as buttons too, but maybe it will be a good thing to seperate buttons and joysticks, so you can use any other joystick script!

2. KeepTrying

KeepTrying

I can wait :D

3. SlySIy

SlySIy

Hey Samb88, did you succeed to have time. Can you give us an update?
    Thanks pal!

4. Extreme_u3Damon

Extreme_u3Damon

is there any Tutorials / Video's anything else we can watch for a quicker advance ?!

5. Extreme_u3Damon

Extreme_u3Damon

Hey guys ! am new to 2D game Dev :D , i see in the demo , that the 2D Image (Texture) it self has a Cool Collider ! i have eX2D , 2d Toolkit , SmoothMoves packages as well ! , with which of them i can Create Collider for my Textures ?!?! or lets say how can i convert my Texture (2d) to a Platform for my Character to play ?!?

Thanks in advance

6. elizeusz

elizeusz

Hi. Did somebody check fireball effect ? It is working fine with 2d player but not with 3d one. What i found is that movement direction is 0 all the time in 3d player but in 2d is changing from -1 to 1. I f somebody can explain to me what is wrong in playermovement script will be great because now fireball in 3d player is all the time going in one direction what You can check in testcene.

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  7. elizeusz

elizeusz

Ok i see that problem is with unity versions 3.5 it is working fine version 4 no i see that in version 4 there is problem with joystick in 3d player too something with playing animations... with 2d player everything is working fine.

8. msbranin

msbranin

ok I am confused.. The assest store is showing this was updated June 2013 but .. its the exact same 1.65 version with no changes as the one I had before.

9. Samb88

Samb88

Hey guys,
    the latest update is just the lower price (15$).
    I will check every feasture with unity 4 and fix the problems. The thing is: The framework is one of my first real projects and I just ended up in a corner. The code is too old and not handy at all so implementing new stuff is tough. Also, unity is now better then ever and I really should use more of custom interfaces and stuff.
    To make it short: It's the best to stop making new things for this framework and work on something new and better. The framework right now ids useable for your basic simple jump'n'run with nice and very smooth controls. I use it alot for prototyping new stuff and I hope it's and was useful for you too :)
    But everytime I try to make something new for this framework, I just wish to scrap everything and begin from zero.
    I will make everything I can to make a final and nice update!
    I hope you all are not that disappointed, sometimes it's just better to move on and make something new than trying to save something.

Oh! And I will try to come to the forum more often, so if you have any question just send me a PM and I will try my best to anser everything :)

Have a nice day!
    -Samb

10. aidengaming123

aidengaming123

Could you make a default scene/ a tutorial on setting up the joysticks for mobile? For some reason I'm having trouble. Thanks :D

11. elizeusz

elizeusz

Problem is in unity 4 with joystick in verson 3 everything was working for me.

12. SlySIy

SlySIy

Hello,

Does anyone is using Playmaker?
    I wonder if it's possible to link it.
    In basic way yes, but I don't understand how to link 2d animation with it so we can handle the main character with it.

Can someone (Samba?) investigate it because my skill are limited for this, and it can be awesome!
    Thanks

13. 2DMinator

2DMinator

Hey mate , i bought your kit a while ago and i used it alot.

I REALLY REALLY LIKED IT! .

ONE OF THE AWESOME KITS I'VE EVER SEEN! , Thanks alot for that.

yet i have 1 big issue.

im trying to add sound , i know its for newbies but guess what..
    i cant find the righr position where to put the sounds for :

- Jumping (while jumping)
    - Walking (left/right [steps sound])
    - Monsters (Monster sound while you near by them).
    - Climbing (While you climb ladder ot something)
    - Shooting sound(while pressing the fire button while make sound like in mario).

*ONE BIG PROBLEM - if you play in android , in order to shot you must press the jump button , so its like Jump+Shot only..

is that possible to make them 2 separate buttons (for mobile)?

a few downsides for me..

- Seems hard to make a new sprite for character (2D).
    - 3D Characters got no animations like Double Jump,Glide,WallJump and its basically a dummy xD .
    - No Sound at all (not even empty sound sources) - you should like just add them and keep them empty for people to fill...

remember, people that buy kits , buy them because they dont know how to do everything and only modding a few stuff , so this must be covered .
    (i guess that more people will buy if it as sound too).

Overall - Perfect kit , a MUST HAVE Kit!.

BUY IT , YOU WON'T REGRET IT!.

14. KevinCodes4Food

KevinCodes4Food

Just wanted to give a quick "thanks" to Samba for this package. We used this package extensively for our 2.5D platformer:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/215445-Challenge-of-the-Dragon-2-5D-platform-RPG-adventure!

The scripts were an excellent reference, and nicely componentized.

We migrated the scripts we used from the kit to C# from JavaScript which was used in the package. This was not too difficult and made integration with our existing code base easier. We would happily buy this kit again if it was released in a C# version!

Thank you very much to the developers behind this kit. We are a small studio (1 programmer!) and having references like this has been a HUGE help to our development.

Thanks again!

15. Xeanoth

Xeanoth

Hi Community,

I'm a Unity beginner. Big thanks to Samb for the Framework.
    I tryed to make a 2.5 D Plattformer with the framework. I replaced the 3D Player with a model out the asset store and add a player life gui. It's working fine so far :). But after the first attack of the enemy the player isn't getting damage anymore.

I'm not a good coder. Can some please help me?

I'm using the simple enemy AImovement script out of the framework with knabberAttack collider.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  16. PcMaster24

PcMaster24

Hi , i'm trying to get this starter kit working with the new unity 4.3 2D collisions.

So far so good but i have one last problem ,i need to use OnCollision2D for Wall Jumps and other things but with OnCollisionStay2D : collisionInfo return different results from OnCollisionStay.

function OnCollisionStay2D(collisionInfo : Collision2D){
    if(!playerMovement.player_can_move)return;

for (var contact : ContactPoint2D in collisionInfo.contacts) {
    Debug.DrawRay(contact.point, contact.normal * 10, Color.blue);
    if(GetComponent(CircleCollider2D))
    {
    Debug.Log(transform.TransformPoint(contact.point).x);
    if(transform.InverseTransformPoint(contact.point).x<-0.2)
    wall_left=true;
    if(transform.InverseTransformPoint(contact.point).x>0.2)
    wall_right=true;
    }
    }
    }
    3D scene : Debug.Log(transform.TransformPoint(contact.point).x) => is always (>-0.2 or <0.2) if no wall is touched.

2D scene : Debug.Log(transform.TransformPoint(contact.point).x) => i have (>-0.2 or <0.2) when i land from a jump but the value just change incrementally when player move right/left with no limits.

A picture with more details http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/258273Capturedcran20140301113412.jpg

17. InsaneGoblin

InsaneGoblin

Hey, hope you still give support for this asset.

Having a real hard time trying to find where the non-glide fall speed acceleration is located.

Another issue: when on a platform controlled by HelperRotate, the player prefab becomes a child of it. Why?

18. momopia

momopia

Where can I download the lastest vesion? I have V1.6 and wonder if there is newer vesion,TKS.

19. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

By actually purchasing it from the asset store.