Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] 2D Effects Creator - Node-Based 2D Shader Effect Creation Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by tsangwailam, Jun 15, 2017.

1. tsangwailam

tsangwailam

Many Thanks for your support.

We didn't use any code or materials from them. I don't know if some features or name may be copyrighted by them?

2. 0x7C00

0x7C00

If I may suggest something as I am working in a big organization: In such case where you are sure about your statement and it seems that nobody either cares or just providing you with standard "template" reply, the best solution is to escalate. It may involve some digging but just try to find their management chain, put them in CC and describe the whole situation in detail. They will respond quickly for sure ;)

3. tsangwailam

tsangwailam

Thanks for your advise. I am contacting the 3rd party which issue the DMCA. Hope they will get respond soon.

May be stop discuss here, i don't want admin to lock this thread.

4. 0x7C00

0x7C00

True, hope you get it solved soon.

jam-slc and tsangwailam like this.
  5. tsangwailam

tsangwailam

You can contact us by email support[at]digicrafts.com.hk if you need support or get the newest developing version.

jam-slc likes this.
  6. jam-slc

jam-slc

Hello, very sorry to hear about this issue - I hope you get it resolved. I have found this tool very valuable and really hope to continue using it!

> "you can purchase a new asset with similar features to continue with your work, we apologize for the inconveniences."
    I hope they don't tell me that! I did purchase other ones, and there is no other asset similar to it! The other ones I found either are not true node-based editors (more like presets), or do not output simple fragment shaders, they do more complicated surface shaders for 3d with lighting, which I don't want.

Anyway, hoping for the best!

7. qqqbbb

qqqbbb

Do you really think people who took down your asset will help you to bring it back to the asset store? If there is no copyrighted material in your asset then they did it to eliminate competition and submitting a counter notice is your only choice.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  8. coverpage

coverpage

Hi how's the status of this asset?

9. tsangwailam

tsangwailam

We will stop development. Please issue refund from Unity.

10. jam-slc

jam-slc

Very sorry to hear this.

I wish you the best of luck on your other products and future assets, I really liked this asset. It enabled me to make quality shaders that were performing great. Your support and communication was top notch as well as the product itself.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  11. coverpage

coverpage

Alright I'm quite disappointed because I like this asset. But good luck in your future assets.

12. imgumby

imgumby

Dang man.. .I unfortunately just purchased your product in hopes of support for unity 2017.x but have sent you a message with my invoice # in hopes of a refund.

edited at request of digicrafts

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  13. Ash-Blue

Ash-Blue

NNNNooooooo! This is the only good 2D shader library out there. Please tell me you'll be continuing development or open sourcing the project if not.

14. qqqbbb

qqqbbb