Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] 2D Anim Heroes - Extensive set of 2D game characters animations and skins

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Sun_and_Moon, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Sun_and_Moon

Sun_and_Moon

Thank you very much!

Shaolin-Dave likes this.
  2. hcgthm

hcgthm

Hi,

I bought your asset from the asset store in November 2015.
    I am very impressed by the asset and am using it in my game.

Recently there was an update from the asset ... and I don't know what that update is ...
    Where can I find version history for your asset so that I can know when to update and when not to.
    If there is no version history ... can you please start from now on ...
    or atleast tell me the latest update additions ...

Thanks

3. Sun_and_Moon

Sun_and_Moon

Hi there, thanks, we're really glad you like 2D Anim Heroes.

The latest update fixed an error caused by the latest Spine runtime, if you already have it working then there is no need for you to get the update.

We also included an extra instructions sheet in there on how to create your own characters, if you've already used 2d anim heroes quite a bit then you probably won't need it but feel free to ask us for it at info (at) sunandmoonstudios.co.uk
    and we'll send it over to you.

Thanks again

4. Gparris777

Gparris777

I currently bought your 2DAnim Package and Spine, Can you please send a tutorial or instructions on how to setup the spine characters separately, currently the packaged version does not have the characters setup in separate prefabs. Please let me know, Thanks!
    Have a great day!
    Nate Myers

Shaolin-Dave likes this.
  5. Shaolin-Dave

Shaolin-Dave

I installed the runtime and asset, but can't go any further due to two errors (really the same error twice. Once in Player.cs, once in Enemy.cs)

Assets/2DAnimHeroes/2DAnimHeroes Demo/Scripts/Enemy.cs(19,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `SkeletonAnimation' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

EDIT: Found a solution, posting here for other people who run into the same issue. You need to add "using Spine.Unity" to the top of both Player.cs and Enemy.cs. Sun & Moon Studios should really make this correction.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  6. Sun_and_Moon

Sun_and_Moon

Hi Nate, no problem, we'll look into this for you.

7. Sun_and_Moon

Sun_and_Moon

Hi everyone,

It seems the new version of Spine has thrown up some bugs with the game demo we made, the actual Spine files themselves are not affected by any errors though.

We're working on an update but in the meantime if you download the Player.cs and Enemy.cs scripts attached, update them and re-attach them to the player and enemies then the demo will work.

Many thanks,
    Sun & Moon

Attached Files:

8. udede

udede

Assets/2DAnimHeroes/2DAnimHeroes Demo/Scripts/Player.cs(102,33): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ISkeletonAnimation' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

One error help me!

9. Shaolin-Dave

Shaolin-Dave

I answered this one already. Scroll up to look at my April 11th post

udede likes this.
  10. udede

udede

thanks.
    now run game :)

11. udede

udede

Hi

how to export or use sprite?

12. udede

udede

???????

13. Sun_and_Moon

Sun_and_Moon

Hi Udede, can you email us and let know a bit more info about your problem so we can help you fix it?

Thanks,
    Team 2D Anim Heroes

14. Naslash

Naslash

Hello,

I need help please.

I just bought 2D Anim Heroes and ran across 2 issues. The first issue is the same one mentioned previously in this thread, the type or namespace name SkeletonAnimation could not be found. So what I did was I downloaded the 2 attached scripts on this page and moved them into the 2D Anim script folder, replacing the original player and enemy scripts, was that the correct thing to do? After doing so, it gave me another compiler error:
    "Assets/2DAnimHeroes/2DAnimHeroes Demo/Scripts/Player.cs(81,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Spine' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?"

I'm relatively new to Unity, so I'm not entirely sure if there's something I'm missing here or not. Earlier in this thread somebody mentioned that the solution is to add "using Spine.Unity;" I tried it but it didn't exist.

15. Naslash

Naslash

I just found that there is a setup guide that came with the assets, I'm looking through it now.

16. Naslash

Naslash

Ok now I am using Spine.Unity and the compiler error is gone.

problem solved.

17. Sun_and_Moon

Sun_and_Moon

Thanks Naslash, glad you got it fixed :)

18. csabbah

csabbah

Does anyone have a perfect running 2d AnimHeroes?? If so please send me it!! ive been trying so hard to get it to work properly and its not!

19. MikeCoderMore

MikeCoderMore

Hello Team 2D Anim Heroes

Im wondering if your available for hire, i did try emailing the support but had no reply.

im after some characters making like the buck character in your asset, also some custom animations, i don't need them working with your controller as iv made my own i just need the spine animations.

let me know if your available. if not does anyone have any ideas where i can find a spine animator thats this good?

Great animations by the way best 2d animations iv seen :)

20. happysock

happysock

I made a change to a .png in the character template. But when I reimport the folder, there is no skeleton data generated. What am I missing?

21. meganova75

meganova75

Help.
    Purchased 2dAnimHeroes.
    I've imported the demo, imported the spine runtimes but the physics aren't working.
    When I start the demo the character falls through the ground (not respecting colliders/constraints).
    I get two warnings.
    1. One warning indicating that I'm using the spine-unity runtime v3.4 and, it seems, the skeletons in 2DAnimHeroes was exported using v2.1.27.
    2. A second warning stating that "The referenced script on this Behavior is missing". I'm new to unity and spine and am not sure where to find the name of this referenced script. Can anyone help? Thanks.

22. KyleRLamble

KyleRLamble

I am having an issue when trying to integrate my own weapon images into the attack animations. I can attach an image to a slot no problem. My problem is that when I run let's say the meleeSwing animation my custom weapon that is attached to the "item_near" slot is being replaced by the 2DAnimHeroes demo sword. Also, if I have any other attachments set, they are ALL reset when I switch to meleeSwing.

In my particular situation I have a character holding a baseball bat and a shield. This is fine when he walking around, crouching, etc. The character then moves to attack an enemy and when meleeSwing is played the shield is removed and the baseball bat is replaced by the sword.

This is more or less my code. Please let me know if anything sounds wrong or you need more information. Thank you! Your package is a god send for indie developers.

Code (CSharp):
    1. SpriteAttacher attacher = this.GetComponent<SpriteAttacher>();
    2. attacher.sprite = baseballBatSprite;
    3. attacher.Attach();
    5. // SkeletonAnimation unitSkeleton
    6. unitSkeleton.AnimationName = "meleeSwing1-fullBody";

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  23. Sun_and_Moon

Sun_and_Moon

Hi Kyle, we've just updated 2d Anim Heroes so hopefully your issues are now fixed.

Many thanks,

Sun & Moon Team

24. KyleRLamble

KyleRLamble

Thank you so much for the quick reply and proactive help! I'm sorry to say that it still doesn't seem to be working. Do you have any tips on how you go about doing this?

25. trizero

trizero

download the latest version 2d Anim Heroes , and latest version spine ,there is 2 issues

Assets/2DAnimHeroes/2DAnimHeroes Demo/Scripts/Enemy.cs(19,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `SkeletonAnimation' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/2DAnimHeroes/2DAnimHeroes Demo/Scripts/Player.cs(102,33): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ISkeletonAnimation' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

how to fix it ?

26. Sun_and_Moon

Sun_and_Moon

Hi Trizero,

This issue should now be fixed in the latest update to 2d Anim Heroes. So you could upgrade to the new version or try this:

EDIT: Found a solution, posting here for other people who run into the same issue. You need to add "using Spine.Unity" to the top of both Player.cs and Enemy.cs. Sun & Moon Studios should really make this correction.

Hope that helps,

Sun & Moon

27. izazhaque

izazhaque

Hi,
    These assets are absolutely fantastic.
    Can you please tell me the difference between version 1 and 1.1.

28. izazhaque

izazhaque

Screenshot 2017-05-13 00.23.16.png Ok, So i have bought these assets and there seems to be a bug in it. The body of the characters are getting mingled up in the latest version of unity. Please fix this issue. This issue is happening when more than one character are on the scene. Here is a screenshot for proof.

29. Sun_and_Moon

Sun_and_Moon

Hi Izaz,

Glad you like our assets and sorry to hear you're having problems, we're looking into what's wrong now and will get back to you as soon as we find out what's happening.

Thanks for your patience.

Sun & Moon

30. Sun_and_Moon

Sun_and_Moon

Hi Izaz,

Here is a solution Esoteric software have given us which you and anyone else who is having problems can try:

There's a strange (known) bug in Unity 5.6 regarding sorting when there are the same multiple materials on multiple MeshRenderer (which the basic non-UI setup uses) to render skeletons. Unity tries to batch them and this breaks the order in the process. Other users have already reported this to Unity and this is out of our code's control.

However, the user-solution we've found is usually to just add a Sorting Group component to your Spine GameObject.
    The other, more production-ideal solution if you can help it is just to make sure all your parts is in one atlas page and one texture.

Hope that helps
    Sun & Moon

31. thendricks

thendricks

Hi, great package, but how would I go about adding more weapons on top of the ones already present.

32. Sun_and_Moon

Sun_and_Moon

Hi there, to add more weapons like different looking guns or swords, you could draw some new ones in an art package like Photoshop.

Hope that helps :)

33. lemondropkid

lemondropkid

I absolutely love this. I'd pay the price over again, probably twice, to get a north view, a south view, a profile and maybe a NE as opposed to SE view. I want to make them do a spinning back fist :D

34. DelaJasonEkuadzi

DelaJasonEkuadzi

Hello the asset looks great buh I was getting the CS 0246 error until I added the Spine.Unity hoping for all the errors to disappear and now I keep getting another one like
    Error CS1593: Delegate 'Spine.AnimationState.TrackEntryEventDelegate' does not take 3 arguments

Pls help @ Sun_and_Moon.....

35. URekt

URekt

Hello all,

Loving the 2D anim heroes pack, one issue I have after starting my own scene is that the melee weapons and items seem to be on the layer behind the characters. How can I change the order of the layer of just the weapon so that when I do a sword slash it appears in front of the enemy I'm attacking? In the Demo it does this.

36. bouchaibcharioui

bouchaibcharioui

Hello , Could you please make a practical tutorial where you explain all the steps to follow to avoid any error while using the 2D Anim Heroes package , that's will be very helpful especially for the Biginners . I hope you will looking to it .
    Thank you :)))