Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] 2D/3D Paint

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kmedved, May 30, 2019.

1. kmedved

kmedved

Hey! Thanks for your question!
    Unfortunately, at this moment, asset supports painting on texture and does not change the color of the vertices. I'll think about this feature to add it in future updates

2. smappl

smappl

Hello guys. Please help me. Tell me how to use the method DrawPoint () . Failed to convert positions. I'm trying to make a 2d painter with a brush like a spray. so that hearts and stars appear when you move the mouse. I'm trying to use DrawPoint() for this. But it doesn't work. Please give an example of using DrawPoint

3. kmedved

kmedved

Version 3.1.0 is out!

New Features:
    - Added the ability to draw smooth lines for SpriteRenderer and RawImage;
    - Added the ability to save layers container to a file and load from a file;
    - Added the ability to block canvas raycasts with multiple canvases;
    - Introduced the option to randomize brush sample angles while painting.

Performance Improvements:
    - Significantly enhanced performance for painting on MeshRenderer/SkinnedMeshRenderer components, especially high-poly models when using the Job System in XDPaintSettings;
    - Improved performance for multi-object painting.

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed a bug where UV data was interpolated, resulting in incorrect positions when drawing lines with MeshRenderer/SkinnedMeshRenderer components;
    - Resolved memory leaks that occurred when users created and removed layers during runtime;
    - Fixed a bug where an exception might be thrown when the PaintManager was created from code with the Undo/Redo system disabled;
    - Fixed a bug where painting on a RawImage didn't work when the Canvas GameObject was inactive at the scene start and the PaintManager was active;
    - Fixed an issue where painting on SkinnedMeshRenderer didn't work when the animator was disabled.

Other:
    - Changed PaintManager rendering method from Update() to LateUpdate() to ensure compatibility with JobSystem and Coroutines;
    - BasePaintToolSettings.DrawOnBrushMove was enabled by default;
    - Triangles data/container no longer needed.

DragonCoder likes this.