Search Unity

[RELEASED] 2.5D Tile Editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WARdd, Dec 12, 2017.

1. WARdd

WARdd

So while working on my new and upcoming game, I noticed that there was still a pretty obvious tool missing from the asset store, namely a tile editor that puts 3D tiles in a 2D plane, perfect for building levels for 2.5D platformer games. So I decided to make and add it to the asset store myself!

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/104698

I've been using it to great effect in my own project:

The tool works by drawing game objects from a user-defined tile set, allowing users to easily create custom tilesets, that match their project's need. I included three finished tilesets in the asset for free, for those slightly more lazy developers.

I'm still taking suggestions for new tilesets, and for added fuctionality, so feel free to comment!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  2. GrooGadgets

GrooGadgets

Heya,

I've just migrated my project to 2018.3 and have found an issue with the 2.5D Tile Editor.

It still works as expected, I can add and delete tiles using the shortcut keys. However, after I save the object as a prefab it doesn't let me delete tiles I have previously created. I assume this is due to the new nested prefab feature. Can you have a look at this to see if it's an easy fix?

Cheers,

Simon