Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teila

Teila

I suspect that like the ICE developer, he is inundated with support requests, some not from actual buyers of his asset. I have talked to publishers who spend 5-6 hours a day on support.

In order to complete the update while maintaining a real life, he has to hide away. He comes here and I bet 10 questions follow asking him to put something in, integrate something, or fix something for their particular game.

Unfortunately, I doubt he has a customer service team.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  2. impi2

impi2

no man, we love your long posts ;)

It is really good.
    We had buoyancy working nicely, before major restructure. It is fiddly though, and not the best. Now we have some other buoyancy tool ... works on many systems, apparently well, but not tried it yet ... will get there.

August is correct, but unlike UWS, Tenkoku is complete .. so no reason for an Oct update :)
    Too many updates is a PITA too ... as there's pressure to roll each into project.

Point is ...if you have an issue with custom implementation etc, Justin helps within a day, and spends time helping till you get it right. For eg. It used to be JS asset, users asked for c#, so he rewrote it.

Things like shore waves are very nice, where it generates waves coming into islands from all sides.

3. gegebel

gegebel

Maybe some day I'll get to test it further, until then, I'll just have to trust what you say :D

4. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Ditto.. A couple weeks back.. Thankfully I was able to get everything copied to NAS (at least I think I got everything important) before it totally died...

TheMessyCoder likes this.
  5. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

The fun fact is "I never knew about the Ultimate Water System" until you mentioned it. Now, I'm an asset hunter but I never found the UWS. I always thought it was the PlayWay water system.

With my production budget I am always at zero... I'm just a guy making my dream game. The problem with that is I have spent way to much on assets that I will never use. I'm not rich and this is just a hobby. I was trying to use AQUAS Lite with my physics system and ran short.

Thank you for the suggestion. SUIMONO Water System looks good but I did not like the Demo. The PlayWay looks good but also by the forums looks abandoned. Hydroform Ocean System looks like what I was trying to accomplish the same thing I was doing with my own shaders but all the fans of that project seem to have "NO" clue about LOD or a weather systems implimented. Now the asset "FastOcean" gets the visuals right, but I found out that it breaks the rendering order.

Does someone have a demo/screens of their game using one of these with Ultimate Survival?

MrBeros likes this.
  6. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Play Way Way water was the original product and then the developer had it transferred to a different developer/legal entity and that is where Ultimate Water came from. So Ultimate Water was built on top of latest Play Water code at the time of the transfer. They are both on the same asset store account so that existing Play Way Water users can upgrade to Ultimate Water Systems for a lower price.

More info can be found here. https://forum.unity.com/threads/ult...ealtime-water-simulation.493984/#post-3213165

7. mwituni

mwituni

I think the better question should be more what they perform like. We've been thru most, some perform like dogs with huge oceans and other content. Some clever sounding ones are not so clever when there's lots going on in the scene with all the heavy calcs flying around. Sometimes its better to go lighter and look for other solutions to look good. Good game design is about tricking player into believing.

We used Aquas before for smaller water volumes, and back then it was a good result and not too heavy.

In our experience suimono gives well balanced all round results. And if u get it with Tenkoku (his weather system), its fully integrated and beautiful ... like light from sky reflecting through waves etc. But obvious if u turn everything on at full HD resolutions with infinite seas and waves breaking onto beaches etc you need decent hardware.

For me, that's a big alert. Its says a lot when a developer sticks to their asset and delivers continual updates without finding ways to resell upgrades ... many hobbyists can't afford that.

Ceto (scrawks) was another good water system, but it died, leaving licensees stranded. So important to choose stable suppliers.

8. Sloyserg

Sloyserg

Hello :)
    I am not sure if someone already asked this here. How could it be possible to harvest berries from bushes etc.?
    Of course in addition with US. So the berries get added to the ivnentory. I have scripts for berry growth, but i am uncelar to implement the side of US.

Someone any advise?

9. MrBeros

MrBeros

If i dont forget it, i will upload a demo later this day wit US and UWS. Its beautifull ^^

gegebel likes this.
  10. MrBeros

MrBeros

Take a look on the wiki, there is a script for this.

Sloyserg likes this.
  11. nomax5

nomax5

I was looking at that water I already own Suimono which I like because you get the underwater effects I also have Aquas Lite,
    both of these hit performance quite heavily even if the water area is quite small.
    Unless the water is adding to gameplay in some way I'm having difficulty justifiying the drop in FPS just for esthetics

A large body of water with swimming or some other interaction is fine but if you want a bit of river or pond the drop in FPS is too much

I wonder if this expensive water is much better on performance?

12. MrBeros

MrBeros

UWS has an option to make the water boundless. That means, you dont need a plane with big size. I dont know how other Systems work but this is for FPS and Performance good. UWS has a few options for Performance. It has for low pc and future high end pc a setting. I put it on full!! Still 60 FPS without any drops.

As i already say, i will upload a short demo today, in 5h ca... I will try to take all feauters from UWS in the demo. Pictures(a demo) says more than words :)

uni7y and gegebel like this.
  13. mwituni

mwituni

If you look on suimono website there are good tips to reduce overhead ... Often it's something not setup correctly, as there are loads of options. Water is more complex than most assets and can't just be dropped in a scene ... it needs optimizing for the scene.

Also if your game isn't shipping soon, Suimono 3 stuff he is working on is brilliant, and much more efficient, with lots more features. So maybe keep an eye on that and work on other stuff ... Kind of like US!

Yes, suimono started that .. They call it "infinite".

14. THREEWGAMESTEKNOLOJIANONIMSIRKETI

THREEWGAMESTEKNOLOJIANONIMSIRKETI

Hello ,

I want to save / load. I do not know how to do this. Is there anyone who can help me?

15. Legend458

Legend458

Save/load is not an easy thing to do....

16. Gaming-Project

Gaming-Project

@nomax5

Sooo, not sure if it works...

UWS-Demo

and here a picture from the setting
    For the Demo i made 2 scene. One with Resolutionsetting: very high, the other for future pc :)

17. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

You can always try going to YouTube and searching for "how to save and load in Unity" set the filter to this month, good luck.

If you want you could buy an asset, I just found one for $14 that looks decent and has good reviews. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/89198

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  18. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

Demo? Just a screen shot would be nice.

I figured out that my water shader with waves that the vertex create over 1700 draw calls so I will have to buy a water asset. The developers from successful games, told me that they used the "SUIMONO Water System" as a start. I had one artist tell me he used the playway water system with unity 4 and still recommends it. I would realy like to see the UWS in action on a build.

19. Sloyserg

Sloyserg

Thanks!

20. mwituni

mwituni

Maybe ask in their forum too... must be plenty of guys there able to give good examples.

I don't know it, so it may be a good product, but as a rule of thumb be careful what artists recommend, or get a cray computer. With artists you need to give them strict target resource budgets (as in if they go over not paid), and I recommend specifying one level lower so when they miss their spec (and 90% do), you can live with it.

EDIT: unless you are just doing artwork screenies (stills), and framerate is not a concern.

21. gegebel

gegebel

The problem is less making it look great, but making it look great under gaming conditions. Just an ocean with nothing in it is just plain boring :D

SirTwistedStorm likes this.
  22. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

personally, I use aqua.
    with physic watter for the flotation effect, and I populate the bottom with aquatic plants;)

23. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

Ultimate Survival has been in the Top Paid Assets for 4 weeks now. It is #4 now. Hope they're not buying the asset because of what Trello says, That's what I did.Don't get me wrong it's a great asset as it is, but a lot of people also buy the asset showing support for the dev and looking forward to those updates. No matter how good an asset is, false promises can make a huge difference.

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  24. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

He is waiting so more people buying it. He didnt told us the truth ... he told us he uploaded 0.2 to assetstore but it was denied due some errors. Then magical the hdd crashes and all got lost? Why cant he download the uploaded 0.2 version? Maybe because he never uploaded it? I asked him multiply times - he always ducking the question. Why start from begin? All we saw of the "progress" are some videos and trollo updates, which updating in the wrong direction. The list goes longer and longer. Look at AI and the Build point Trello. Do you really think thats only 2 Points? He havent even started that part yet obousily, otherwise he would have subpoints like the other categories are having it. The whole story is fishy I feel sorry for the people who buying it now and not reading the 91 pages here. Around december we hear another hardbreaking story why 0.2 has not be released yet. He havent been on the board since weeks...

A2GStudios likes this.
  25. gegebel

gegebel

let's not start this discussion again folks.
    In the end we don't know what's going on or not. All we know for sure is that 0.2 is not out yet.
    Ask for a refund if you're not happy, @Winterbyte312 has given us the possibility.
    Now if you stay here in the forums, please try to be constructive and help people in here. There's no point to spam this forum again with conspiracy theories. Either you accept it's taking this long(and believe me when I say I don't like it either), or just don't and ask for a refund.

26. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

At this point what I said is not a theory it is fact, read the last 5 months of forums, and I have a right to speak my mind, I talk to him on September 4th and he said I would have 0.2 by the end of the month, here it is October 20th. Also, I wanted to point out that he is a top paid asset, with that many people buying the asset he should be on top of things.
    Another thing that bothers me is people always taking up for him, where is he at, it shouldn't be you speaking for him, he should be on here keeping us ( His supporters) up to date. That seems like a better option than people asking for refunds. It is what it is, he has lied over and over with releasing this update, and that's no theory, the proof is on these forums and Discord, and its starting to show in his reviews on the marketplace, there are a few already complaining about false promises in the reviews.

And you are right we don't know whats going on because he won't keep us informed, and if he did most of us don't believe him anymore. That's what false promises do to a trusting supporting community.

Also, I don't want a refund, I have been building my project around his asset for 7 months now. As you know a lot of work goes into making a game, and 7 months is a lot of work. I would just rather have better honest communication from him, rather than a refund, and maybe keep his word. That would be so much better.

27. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

Let's not rant again please...

Instead can we talk about how we plan to use this asset? What did you buy this asset for? Is there a feature you wanted that you're still waiting for? Have you found another asset that you decided to use instead?

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  28. gegebel

gegebel

I agree, but if you would have read the last 6 months of this thread, you would also know, no matter what he tells you, he can't tell you when it will be done. No one could.

I'm not taking up for him, but realized it doesn't help. I have been one of the fiercest critics on here, because of all what you said, but what did it bring us ? nothing.

In the meantime, I helped some people, wrote a few tutorials, tried to get some other assets to work with US and try to maintain the wiki.
    I had to tell 4 people I couldn't pay them anymore because this project is being pushed back again and again.

So yes, I know what you mean, but in the end, what does it help to complain?
    As you said, he doesn't answer, so what's the point? All you get is another discussion like 50 pages before. No result.
    You want to warn people, write a review about your experience.
    Writing about how this asset is taking this long to be updated is getting boring and just useless in the end.

29. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

Save system is the biggest one, Improvements on the building system, also the ability to add other crafting stations for crafting, and some of the stuff he has listed on trello that is already complete would just add so much better options and many needed improvements to the template. I am not a programmer and have been learning little by little. I bought the asset because the roadmap contained the things I would need to make my game complete. Now I have added a programmer to my team that can work part time and he said he wanted to wait for the update too and build from there, so we have been waiting for the update for a while and like everyone else, we would love to have it for the reasons I have mentioned. So, in the end, I guess we were going by his roadmap and wanted all the things he was telling us he was going to do, and then planned around that. A delay here and there is expected in the business, but I feel like this is taking way to long or could have been dealt with better than it has.

Oh yea we also wanted Multiplayer, when we bought the asset it was in the roadmap for MAY, but we have ditched that idea, at this rate it will be 2019 before we see that.

30. gegebel

gegebel

I was contacted by my publisher to create a new type of survival game. We chose this asset together and we wanted to build on top of it. The many promised features which were told to be coming soon did have a huge influence on the decision. Especially the integrations gave us hope we wouldn't have to program too much our-self and focus most of the time on content.
    Well it turns out the publisher got bored waiting and told us to get back to them when we have something to show with 0.2.
    I was excited about the different possibilities of this asset. most of the time you use several single assets you have to adapt to get a game working. US had it all. Most stuff is bugged, but it was a good way to prototype the idea.

Now I don't know what to expect with 0.2 anymore. if this asset doesn't deliver, we probably will have to program it all on our own.

We could also make a community project and we all contribute to it haha. :p

31. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

This may be the best idea I have heard so far.

And what you just said is about where we were at, we have pushed our plans up and up and now we are not sure what we should do, and on top of that we have been having some problems with unity support, been paying for unity for over a year and the support is horrible. With all of this going on I spent the other night looking for other option just to see what was out there. I found a really good asset that already had multiplayer, it also had health, thirst, a temperature for you and the world, food stat, ability to be poisoned and sick.It also has the ability to make other crafting stations easy along with tons of other options. It looks great and has everything I need for my game. The only problem is, it is on UE4. So I have been digging into learning some about Unreal to see if that is an option for us.

32. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

funny how some still defending him and threating me by email. Fecking fanbois wakeup!

33. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

I may be the odd one out. I purchased this with no intention of using any of the code, a "bar" of health or thirst is just a few lines of code, and I never wanted players to be able to build. I wanted a survival game but had no 3D models and this asset gave me more than what I needed though multiplayer would be nice it wasn't a huge concern. I now plan to use UFPS2 which if you have followed the Dev you would know is fantastic, if I wanted building I'd use EBS https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/45394
    which actually has a Usurvival integration and for multiplayer I'd go with Master Server Kit
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/71604
    saving can be learned via YouTube or I posted a link earlier for a decent cheap asset that should get the job done.

a community project would be fun! but how do you do this legally if people want to sell a product?

Old_Wolf likes this.
  34. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

You sound like a little boy... Please stop posting in here and just get your refund.

LittleMike likes this.
  35. gegebel

gegebel

Simple, open-Source, free for all to use in commercial projects, not for sale as an asset or derivative.

A2GStudios and SirTwistedStorm like this.
  36. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

I already own UFPS and the Multiplayer for it, I also already have EBS and U construct, plus I bought Inventory Pro. These assets are great I agree, but without at least intermediate programming skills you won't get anywhere with them. You can see that I have been trying to get help in the UFPS forums since January of 2017, and it's not an easy system to add inventory too much less other assets, that's why I finally decided on US, this template was giving me these features already working and I could add all the stuff I wanted and my own models and customize everything to my liking. I think UFPS is Great but very hard to work with.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  37. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

You are correct right now I'm waiting for UFPS2 to come out he's making it easier to add an inventory but you do need to know some programming. I spent years working with a c++ Direct X 9 game and moving from that to Unity is insane Unity is so much easier, you have everything you need I'd suggest taking the time to learn or have your programmer read up on the assets you own.

Or we maybe we should all just work together who knows lol

RobsonFMaciel and A2GStudios like this.
  38. zenGarden

zenGarden

It is your issue, not ours, and your best solutions are :
    - Learn coding and add to the plugin your needs
    - Find a coder and make your own system, so you got total control on features and roadmap :rolleyes:
    - Find some quivalent plugin at same price with same amount of features (Good luck)

It's a classic one man project with all risks that involves like long delays, issues, roadmap changes or worse plugin abandon like SEGI plugin for example.

It looks like people complaning are those that never coded for such big plugin or didn't coded on a complete game project; not aware of the amount of work behind the scenes (even adding small stuff can cost lot of time because of inter dependence).

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  39. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

Your right it is my issue, The issue is that I believed in what he was telling me he was going to do, and as far as programming that's why I bought A TEMPLATE to work with, in the COMPLETE PROJECTS SECTION.

The point of what I am saying is that if you tell people that are supporting you that you are going to do something then DO IT. I understand that problems arise and can cause delays, but if that happens, BE HONEST about it and KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOUR SUPPORTERS. Everybody has problems and delays, but its how you handle them that matters.

And also if its not YOUR ISSUE why even say anything.oh yea, you said our issue, so I guess you are speaking for everybody.

40. zenGarden

zenGarden

You are "modding" the plugin only, while some of us use it to learn and code their own stuff on top of it, so yeah it can be difficult for people like you to not get features they need and they can't bring.

The only issue is @Winterbyte312 putting too much stuff on Trello and promised too much, i think he won't promise stuff and won't manage it the same way for next versions.

Anyway it's a common plugin cycle : full dev time on release, some months after lack of motivation or lack of time.
    But the new version is coming and you should be happy , this let you lot of time to polish your concepts, 3D assets, world building and special effects, story (i hope you don't use the default plugin example map fro your game :D)

41. gegebel

gegebel

even alone he should have been done within 6 months, especially since the basis already existed. Bu he's far from being done.
    People expected 0.2 in APRIL as promised, we are 10 days away from NOVEMBER. So it's not like people did not wait.
    Every month, Winterbyte promises he will be done by the end of the month and he's not.

No matter how much time you think is fair game, it's not when you just lie to your customers, because it definitely is a lie when you reiterate the same promise every 4 weeks.

42. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

No way, I am building a future survival game that takes place on a new planet, I have made a whole new terrain using Gaia, a huge map broke it down with a terrain splitter and using world streamer to stream the pieces. On top of that, I have completely reworked the UI to my liking and removed all the plants and items that came with US. Since it is a future type game I replaced all the tools and weapons with newer more modern looking stuff, even the building parts I removed and added future metal looking walls and floors. So really the only thing I am using is the core mechanics, and for water, we are using SUIMONO Water System, which I think looks great. Replaced the blueprint with a tablet that activates a holo-screen for UI use. So as you can see NO I do not want to asset flip this template, but I would like to have some of the new features that he has promised to make my game better.
    As I said in one of my earlier posts I don't care about all the new weapons, tools, map add-ons and stuff he is adding o 0.2. I really want the core stuff that improves the template.

43. Old_Wolf

Old_Wolf

It'll be out when it is FINISHED. Whinging about it won't make it happen any faster. He's ONE guy...with a life away from the keyboard too. As a one man dev team myself, I can tell you that it is not easy...kids to deal with, a real job to contend with...and try to make time to dev in the time that is left. Or are you REALLY that naive that you think having ONE asset in the Unity store makes you rich enough to not have to work?
    At the moment this forum is 10% useful stuff, written by the HANDFUL of REAL coders, whilst 90% is just whiney bitching by a pack of asset flippers, like starving dogs scratching at the door.
    It's coming...us REAL coders know that...and that's why we dont whinge.
    If that aint good enough for you....well, don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out.
    The only difference between you c*nts and a 747? The plane stops whining when you turn off the engine....

44. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

I was not expecting such a comment, I got a good chuckle thanks.

45. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

I think we all know this, he has told us more than once. Its the fact that he keeps promising people that it will be at the end of the month since March. Maybe he should have said by the end of the year.

Your right and you're not in that 10% I looked back at all of your posts, and all you do is rant when someone complains about the time it is taking for the update. You may have added some useful information in one post.

I know I am not an asset flipper, I may not be a programmer but I definitely am not an asset flipper.

If your a real coder then why do you even need this asset?

And this line was so immature, I think all of us that is upset over the update should take offense to this one. Really man, not very professional.

46. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

While I did laugh at it I do agree that he shouldn't have said it and it isn't professional.
    A coder would buy this for the 3D models.

47. zenGarden

zenGarden

Stay back on track people, no need to keep never ending discussions about delays and disappointing situation.

It's official, @Winterbyte312 said the update is coming (for real).

48. gegebel

gegebel

I'm God (for real), I said it.
    It doesn't make it true though.

49. Aress28

Aress28

so long time and still cant see 2.0 :/

50. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

So... um with water systems I went with the SUIMONO Water System for now and might change to the UWS. I never did get a demo or anything made with that system. At first I hated the demo for SUIMONO Water System. Was more of a cartoon water system. The demo controls are horrible but I actually started to feel sad for that poor girl stranded on that island.

She isn't in any real danger... so I added a shark!

Now things are tense... I'm less then 30 minuets in and decide that she has to escape the island and the giant shark will find her as soon as she enters the waters.

The fierce predator approaches the prey... but stalls to the beauty in the sea.

Friends for life, they never leave each others side.

I can't wait to integrate this into my Ultimate survival project. The shark was an actual AI actor through this whole thing. I almost made a video of this.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.