Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoonbag

Hoonbag

i did the same thing have to start again also but I learnt so much from my last go at my game tho so wasn't a bad thing just a time wasters a bit aha

2. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

Yup I learned a lot as Well it's still just a pain lol

3. Oldnag

Oldnag

69/104 now :(

erichey likes this.
  4. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

I wanted to be able to pick fruit from a tree and grab herbs from plants, does anyone know the best way to make a picking animation with the hands or where I can get one. Thanks

I am also having problems with the building system, when I start placing foundations down it will not allow me to place them on certain sides, I can place 2 down connected, then it will only allow me to add to one side and the other sides are red. Any ideas. Thanks Again

5. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Hi, I would like the raycast to be where the mouse is, in the weapons, camera, when building, etc... can someone tell me how I can do that or orient myself?

I'm using this for the raycast
    Ray ray = Camera.main.ScreenPointToRay(Input.mousePosition);

Thank you

6. gegebel

gegebel

I think you need ScreenToWorldpoint, not sure anymore, didn't use it in months.
    Might as well be WorldToScreenpoint..you'D have to read up on both to be sure

7. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

I have managed to make it work less in melee weapons, to see if I hit the key

thx

8. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

Ok crazy question but does anyone know if it's possible to make my lightning have a chance to start a wild fire? (I'm using enviro) and yes I asked there but still have no response

9. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

You mean have dry weather that can ignite the grass and trees? It's doable but I doubt anyone will do it for you, Enviro should make it easier than starting from zero the interesting part would be removing the burnt grass at runtime.

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  10. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

Ya I don't want it done for me but was just wondering if it was a thing I could make happen

Thanks

11. gegebel

gegebel

it would work, but having spreading fire is no easy task.

12. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Its like a race, the question is of the first number will ever catch the number behind / :)

13. mwituni

mwituni

Have a look at Vegetation Studio (close to release now) ... it would do most of this for you.

14. mwituni

mwituni

Maybe we should start betting where it'll stop .. i reckon 122

impi2 likes this.
  15. jrock84

jrock84

Awesome, awesome asset! Has saved me so much time. Your code is very clear and easy to follow as well. Question. I'm trying to remove items straight from the players inventory. No drop to the ground or GUI interaction, just straight remove. I have looked at ItemInspector (OnDropClicked) and got a pretty good idea of how I would go about accomplishing this. Is there a better or more straightforward method anyone can point me to? Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  16. monkyfizt

monkyfizt

I am currently not on my computer but I think there is a function called TryRemoveItem () in one of the scripts of the inventory controller. You can give this one a try.

17. jesseganey

jesseganey

Anyone know how to integrate Enviro with US. Thanks for any help

18. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

Check out "the messy coder" on you tube he has a tut on this

19. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

Ok I will have a look when I can get back to my computer
    Thanks

20. jesseganey

jesseganey

Thanks alot. Must have miss that one.

21. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

22. gegebel

gegebel

While it's a good starter, it's only doing half the job apparently.
    You'd need to remove or change the grass/models/textures after it burnt down too, which is actually the hard job here :D

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  23. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

Gena comes with a script for tree growth with some editing you may be able to trigger the shrinking of grass in the event of a fire.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  24. gegebel

gegebel

There's a similar script in UniStorm, but I'd rather have burnt grass than tiny grass tbh :)

25. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

That would need a custom grass shader but still very doable.

26. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I haven't played with GeNa as much as I've wanted, but I think you can change grass color as well.. Assuming this is also available via API.. Should be same with Vegetation Studio when it is released. Thing I'm not sure about is ground textures. Assuming same type things could be done with whatever terrain shader tools you use. But definitely when you start putting all the factors that need to be handled, it is a lot more work than it sounds like when you start... lol

27. Candac59

Candac59

Hello everyone,

After the integration of CTS the player_male can not move any more. I did some research but the forum unity does not allow to do search with only 3 letters. Has anyone encountered the same problem?

28. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I'm running CTS and not having any issues. It almost sounds like another fps controller got installed into your scene. Did you install anything else which may have added one? I didn't think CTS did. Make sure there are no other FPS controllers in your scene other than player_male. I think I ran into that problem once when I added some vehicles to my scene which were already rigged with controllers and tagged as Player. In your case it almost sounds like there may be a MainCamera.

A lot of different possibilities but I don't think CTS is the issue.

My dev machine is down with a hardware issue atm. So I can't pop into my project and look to see exactly what CTS is installing. :(

29. Candac59

Candac59

the problem appears as soon as I set up CTS. I search and no other MainCamera. on the other hand I have an error with the surfacedatabase, I disable it and I again move again but surfacedatabase is indispensable for full of reasons: /

30. Kalle801

Kalle801

Got exactly the same but for me its because my player spawns over the Network.

31. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

Hey awesome!!! And I do see your point and I think it's something I'm now going to go after since I seem to have time before 2.0 lol And @gegebel I think the way I'm gunna go is just to change the shader for both the grass and the ground if I can figure that out lol and I just found this https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/3993 and this https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/23064 so I think it's totally doable just gunna take me forever with my skills lol
    Thanks @SirTwistedStorm and @gegebel

SirTwistedStorm likes this.
  32. Stefan86

Stefan86

hey .. increase times the value of the raycast script, which is on your characters ..
    has helped with me

Kalle801 likes this.
  33. mwituni

mwituni

So with Vegetation Studio, you could do it all really ... you can attach objects and scripts to objects like trees, and trigger those when player is within range ... so fire for burning trees, or smoke for burned ones, and can swap models to burned etc.

For burnt grass you could use a texture mask ... to define which area is "burnt grass" and which is normal etc, then swap those masks out over time to make progressive burning.

The nice thing is that even with that all it still performs like a rocket and no other solution can come near it ... as its only doing all that within the local region - it handles instancing of trees / grass etc, and billboards using a cell-system.

Freshmeat911 and SirTwistedStorm like this.
  34. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

Any ideas on release of this other than fall 2017? It does look good

mwituni likes this.
  35. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

I had the Voxeland integration working but now im getting this error every time I hit the terrain with the pickaxe. Any ideas?
    upload_2017-10-6_23-6-2.png

36. crimsonmortis

crimsonmortis

Speaking of voxels what is the best voxel/marching cubes asset? The hieght map fake 3d no digging/mining has always been a pain with unity. I NEED runtime mesh deformation. At this time I am leaning towards Voxeland. Before I drop $100 on this anyone suggest something better?

37. mwituni

mwituni

within the next few weeks .. probably by end oct.
    best is ... signup on his website for alert when released and notices when getting close etc

38. mwituni

mwituni

Voxels have some challenges, mostly with LOD's etc, we used a good solution a few years back (C++). But if you need it, you need it.

Not better, but this was interesting for deformation of unity terrain... its 'soft terrain' (soft snow), so using the awesome free MicroSplat terrain shader, Lennart (the guy developing Vegetation Studio) was playing around creating a MicroSplat plugin...

(video removed - WIP)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  39. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I thought I saw somewhere recently that he was shooting for end of November. But just like we've seen here with US and other assets, things are always subject to change as far as dates go.

40. gegebel

gegebel

The question is always, what will it cost ?

41. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Hey everyone, a friend just contacted me saying that there was an issue with the latest version of CTS and footstep sounds.

In the new version of CTS that we just released we made a significant run-time terrain optimization (one of many) that gets around the hardcoded addpass issue with Unity terrain. Background: every group of 4 textures adds a render pass to your terrain - with 16 textures this means that unity terrain renders in 4 passes - our optimization drops this to just one and removes many many draw calls.

The upside is that this makes a really significant performance improvement on terrains with more than 4 textures, but the downside is that if you are doing things like sampling the terrain textures to do footsteps then the data required to do this is now missing.

To get things back to what they were before go to the Optimization section in your profile and unclick "Strip Textures". This stops that particular optimization from running - and your textures will be left as is - so footsteps should be good again.

If anyone has any issues with CTS or any of my products then please contact me on the support forum here - most questions get a response within 24 hours : https://proceduralworlds.freshdesk.com/support/home

42. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Heyas @Candac59. I ran into same issue after upgrading CTS. Talking with Adam and describing what it was effecting, he knew exactly what was causing the problem. There is an option in Optimization Settings of your CTS profile. Unclick Strip Textures and all works again. He is going to create a knowledgebase entry for it on his company website.

AdamGoodrich and TheMessyCoder like this.
  43. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

44. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

many thanks Adam for the info

45. mwituni

mwituni

His last update (last night) said he was planning to submit in 2-3 weeks, then who-knows how long A/S takes to approved - sometimes fast, sometimes ages. Theres lots of interest so hopefully not too long.

As for US delays etc ... maybe he can do the reverse ... one always needs to be positive!

Unfortunately won't be cheap (but is planning a release sale - so get ready for that). But considering the optimization and you can eventually have full density highly detailed vegetation without killing your game, its amazing. This is his latest experiment... hows this for optimization!...

Anyone betting against my US Trello estimate of 122?
    I'm getting nervous at 72/107 !!!

erichey and Freshmeat911 like this.
  46. johny256

johny256

Project no update... Death??

47. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

No, not dead, I just haven't updated Trello lately, if that's what you mean.

48. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

Do you know the actual cost? what you consider not cheap could be cheap to someone else.

49. UltraTM

UltraTM

All the work doesnt help with 0.3 then when its not prepared for multiplayer sync.
    Then most of the stuff starts again :(
    I hope its designed to adapt multiplayer and fullbody rigs allready :)

50. mwituni

mwituni

I thought it was plenty updated at 107 already!

Can you move some into 2.1 to get 2.0 out sooner? ... We DON'T need the smart artwork etc for 2.0 ... it can follow.

pushingpandas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.