Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarantel

Tarantel

It's funny to see people who cry about more features like swimming/multiplayer or save&load systems.
    You want to be a Developer so do it your self xD swimming systems exists in many unity tutorials so why not use them?
    The Assetstore is big so you will find many assets for help and the tutorial community of unity is very big!
    Swimming Tutorial - Click Here
    Save&Load Tutorial - Click Here
    Multiplayer Tutorials:
    Darkrift (is a standalone networking solution) + UMA - Click Here
    Forge Networking - Click Here
    UNET - Click Here
    Inventory System Tutorials:
    By Sykoo - Click Here
    By GameGrind - Click Here

So stop cry for new features like this because you can do it self!
    If you cant handle this little tutorials go back to Minecraft Modding Area dudes!

This isn't a attack but i hate it when people think one asset is a finish game for easy publish!
    So many idiots using UnitZ and press build and uploading it to Steam with all bugs and crashs!

2. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Thanx For the Links :)

Candac59 likes this.
  3. OfficialAshez

OfficialAshez

If you would like to see if pavel works, look at Trello. He is probably woking his ass of for this update, be aware that it does take lots of time to update this asset.

Wait and be patient.
    https://trello.com/b/gmNow8UL/ultimate-survival

LucianBlack likes this.
  4. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

@Winterbyte312, for those who claim the update, when will you send us a copy?

thx

Candac59 and VladimirGameStudio like this.
  5. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

TOS doesnt matter? HAHAHAHAHA guess you shouldn't agree to things you dont like silly goose. I understand you have your feelings hurt and think that you're entitled to more then you AGREED to in the TOS but thats what you and the rest of us agreed to.

Whats a cloue?
    Clone? Like Star Wars?

LucianBlack likes this.
  6. OfficialAshez

OfficialAshez

According to Trello there is a few things left to accomplish before the 0.2 is done. There is 4 things more to do. So the wait will not be long, we just have to be patient. Im sure Winterbyte is working hard on this update.

I've been the same as him. Promised something many times but things didnt turn out as it should've done. This may be the issue due to the delay of 0.2.

In the meantime, you can work on smal things as the environment, UI, your logo, name of your game :)

DariusRusu and acedevelope like this.
  7. Firesoft

Firesoft

46 + 4

8. Sevigor

Sevigor

I stopped getting upset when 'promises' weren't met like 7 months ago. lol. I remember joking then that 0.2 wouldn't be out until 2018... Guess it's not so much of a joke anymore. ;)

But anyways, this is exactly why so many companies/developers don't make release date promises or even guesses until they're 100% confident it will be released then. When promises don't come true, people get angry!

9. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

With all my respect, not meeting the dates is a bad professional.

in my sector, late delivery is reason for dismissal, not charge if you are freelance, lose customers, lose work, etc.

a greeting

10. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

that's only the art. look above at the to do number.. 94/140 .. where it's been for a month or two

11. _Bucket_

_Bucket_

People just want proof the update actually exists, So if you could put out some sort of closed beta I think this would make people be a little calmer.

VladimirGameStudio likes this.
  12. acedevelope

acedevelope

Ok, i analyse the hole asset an there are many things too improve performance...
    Many of the things in 2.0 I implement by my self and I can say it is not so simple my team an I are 5 coder an we need about 2 month 8h a day to get this working ..
    So let them work when he mean 2.0 is coming it will come...

13. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

That is what we have been asking for a long time, but it does not send anything and tries to take us long.

14. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Yes, but it sold me as well as many assets with deadlines, according to those deadlines and had to be 0.4, I send the mail to return the money and I'm still waiting for two months.

acedevelope and Candac59 like this.
  15. TechSins

TechSins

Everyone just stop crying, like it was said before if you can't wait get a refund because every time i come onto this forum all i see is people complaining about how long it takes to release 0.2, who cares just wait be patient if you can't hire someone to do the work for you like @Winterbyte312 will release 0.2 when he wants to and when he feels it's ready just step into his shoes for a minute and think how would you feel if 20+ people were giving out to you everyday asking where the next update is and why haven't you released it? so seriously just back off and leave the guy finish up the update.

16. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

17. acedevelope

acedevelope

I Think you will wait until death ...
    I'm agree deadline ist deadline, 2 or 4 weeks are apologise... but a half year or longer .... nope..
    If anyone have questions about to integreat something, I will help..
    So maybe we can code our own 2.0 or 3.0 of Ultimate survival ...

18. Sloyserg

Sloyserg

Can an admin Ban these Flamers please? It is getting annoying.

19. acedevelope

acedevelope

I' telling to winterbyte he ist actual fixing some bugs on the swimming atm , and he ist working in a test asset...
    I think 2.0 or a beta will come in the next week...

20. Black-Spirit

Black-Spirit

Flamers? It's a collection of unhappy customers discussing their views on a purchase which this very forum is intended for, on the product. Hence the forum category Assets and Asset Store.

Simply put, the developer could take the time to address customer concerns, rather then delay, and post that in 2 days, the update will be out, or to avoid delays, they will release and post bi-weekly updates.

Sure, people who need support best contact the developer personally.

Better here then posting negative reviews on the store.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  21. nomax5

nomax5

I have to agree, that is what the forum is for, and even though my views and opinions are the Correct ones ;-)
    Others must have the ability to voice their views and opinions (even thoguh they're wrong)

You can't Police out the protestors, its a basic human right
    Perhaps instead of banning flamers we could run them over with Tanks? gently in a eco carbon friendly way by pushing the tanks instead of driving them.

LucianBlack likes this.
  22. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Hi all, please keep things civil as we have had to delete a few posts, thanks!

Not really, no. If it spills on the forum like this, it's a clear case of neglect. The forums exist as an opportunity to engage each other and that has failed. A review can prompt action from an asset author.

23. nathanjams

nathanjams

Has anyone been able to get swimming with the above tutorial? If so, do you mind providing some pointers as to the values of the CCDrivenCharacter (is that the right name, I'm away from the code) script? I tried adding a modified FPS script and toggling between it (when swimming) and and CCDrivenCharacter and Mouse Look, but when the player gets to the Y position of the collider they freak out enabling and disabling the mentioned scripts.

I had originally tried this tutorial
    but there was some conflict between the Constant Force component required and the Mouse Look script. It was only when I pressed on Mouse X or Mouse Y the character would apply the constant force values, not when I pressed what I thought was the assigned button.

If anyone has any suggestions or tips I would be most grateful.

Nathan

24. gegebel

gegebel

The problem with this version is that it's assuming your water level is always the same height. What if I have water on several levels? it's just not very flexible or efficient to hardcode things. It's at best good for prototyping, nothing more.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  25. nathanjams

nathanjams

@gegebel For sure, and that is why the one that @Tarantel is more useful. However, with that I wasn't able to find and modify the values of the CCDrivenCharacter script that allowed for the player to simulate swimming physics.

26. gegebel

gegebel

You should have a look at the PlayerInputHandler, that's where most of the controls are being checked.
    It's where I would start to check to implement swimming.

27. nathanjams

nathanjams

@gegebel I hadn't looked at that yet, thanks for the tip. Hopefully that's the missing link that was escaping me.

28. OfficialAshez

OfficialAshez

Do anybody know why i have huge lag? (Different forest & environment).
    All help is appreciated!

29. OZAV

OZAV

The Unity's inbuilt "Profiler" puts a LOT of weight on your performance in the editor, so it does not have to mean much in so many cases like that, try playing in editor with Profiler un-ticked to off, or if the project is not too large - make a quick build and check performance with some FPS counter. (your code is always: just right). You may also need to setup all your materials with new Standard shaders (old Legacy shaders, in ANY of your materials put equal amount of struggle on your GPU, as having Profiler on, during the tests in the Editor :) Happy New Year, everyone. VranicStudiosCom-No-Panic- 2018.JPG

Brandon_Powell likes this.
  30. gegebel

gegebel

I've seen lots of problems with trees, especially when they all have colliders which is why I scripted my workaround for TreeColliders.
    Added to this, the UI has been problematic in my latest tests, I didn't find the reason why though.(I didn't care enough to watch for it for very long either)

31. nomax5

nomax5

I'm not upto doing performance yet but I have noticed when I though my first spear there is a huge lag spike, I guess its loading the sound from disk or something, perhaps its sound that is different with your scenes?

32. OZAV

OZAV

... as we know, form the early days of Windows: there is no "good" or "complete" software version, of any software, before the version 6 at least, but - let's have a look here, for this asset, still in its early v0.2, currently - but have a look the job these guys are doing, and what's in it already, simply awesome, for (any) 0.2 version, what else is in v0.2 out there that can out weight what we have here currently ?
    ... i can just imagine what this asset will be doing in version 4,5 or 6 one day, regardless, i can guarantee you that will outperform 90% stuff out there in this category, knowing at what quality these guys are working with, from the start.
    Will not download any 0.2, but patiently waiting me the v0.3 and the the grappling hook modification, with the harpoon weapon expansion, so we can hunt some big animals, the way it should rock, for such a weapon :) GrapplingHook-FC4.JPG

DariusRusu likes this.
  33. ReZult_Studios

ReZult_Studios

Heres the thing about those tutorials, A lot of them DONT WORK they don't work they don't work for many reasons the main one is that that is winterbytes custom code and he custom coded the moving and stamina and stuff, so when you are implementing saving, swimming and such you have to have certain things from the developer. Winterbyte is also redoing all of the systems so everything you code now will be invalid. The only things that I am annoyed about is that he said "Around Christmas" it is over 14 days past Christmas that is almost a month, Another thing I emailed him asking about the delay and he never responded I emailed January 2 I am worried about the asset flips but I am starting to get more and more pissed off we don't truly need a demo scene just put in documentation. We can also fix a lot of these minor bugs. It shouldn't be taking this long in a couple months it will have been 1 year for everyone waiting. That is a bit much...

34. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Then you should take action since talking about it clearly didn't do anything for anyone so far. I'll probably be locking it and it will fall upon the developer to offer alternative channels like a ticket system (many devs do this) instead of the forum.

Try to get a refund.

35. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...urvival-template.442016/page-106#post-3348332
    Dated: Winterbyte312, Wednesday at 8:52 AM

The last post by the developer was not long ago enough to say the forum has been neglected.
    I had been waiting for weeks for replies from other devs for assets and have not seen anyone say that their forums were neglected.

Also the developer has no power to moderate this forum thread.

Regarding all of the comments on this thread:

* The developer has said in this forum repeatedly that if anyone wanted a refund in the past they could contact him.

* Also he has his personal email and mailbox that people can contact him.

* He also set up a discord channel to handle any support queries or issues.

To be honest it is not the role of the thread creator to moderate the thread. As they cannot.

* Legitimate customer support queries are valid.
    * Accusing someone of fraud due to a delay is not valid.
    * Accusing someone of releasing very poor asset flips of their own asset (which actually damages their asset) is not valid.

Everyone knows that this is delayed, so asking every day for an update is a waste of time and pointless.

-------------------------------------------------
    So my suggested action Items:

People who wanted a refund should process these through the correct channels. If they get a refund then they shouldn't engage the forum thread as it is just trolling.

In preparation of release 0.2 this thread should be closed and when the asset creator wishes they should create a new thread.

Request to Unity Forum Moderators : please be more pro-active in moderating hostile threads. This has been going on for a long time and not enough has been done to protect both sides (those unhappy and those defending the asset)

For the new thread = People who continue to flame a forum thread should receive a time out from that forum thread. Followed by a ban.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  36. Firesoft

Firesoft

++

TheMessyCoder likes this.
  37. LittleMike

LittleMike

This a thousand times. I've said it myself way too many times than should have been necessary. I wholeheartedly agree with every one of these sentiments.

TheMessyCoder and Old_Wolf like this.
  38. ReZult_Studios

ReZult_Studios

I don't want a refund lol. I love this asset so much! I would never refund it, The developer put so much work into it and I would never request a refund this asset is bae it just gets annoying when he delays it over and over again. Don't ever think I don't love this asset @Winterbyte312 just know it's getting kinda old, Delaying it every month. But to all of you people sending him things like F**k you, you piece of s**t and stuff like that you guys need to leave this thread.

39. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

So well said! I agree on all counts.

TheMessyCoder and Old_Wolf like this.
  40. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

That's for moderators to fix, so just hit that report button and a mod will be along to remove it or ban them in future.

41. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

I had everything working fine in my game , and then I played around and added Suimono water, EBS and a few items. Now when I go to the Inventory it comes up fine, but I cannot click on anything . I am also now getting this error.
    ArgumentException: Input Axis Horizontal UI is not set up.
    To change the input settings use: Edit-> Project settings -> Input

When I open the input settings I see 2 listed as Horizontal , but nothing that says Horizontal UI. Here is a Screenshot if anyone can help me, thanks.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/388810019816210433/401964021613461504/Input_Errors.PNG

Candac59 likes this.
  42. Black-Spirit

Black-Spirit

Cant you just Change or add another Input called Horizontal UI? From the looks of it though, it seems you have 2 assets conflicting with the input manager.

I took a look at the default US inputs, and indeed there are 2 missing in your setup.

Horizontal UI and Vertical UI.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  43. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

Thanks, that fixed everything. I guess something I added overwrote the inputs. Well its all fixed now, thanks again

DariusRusu and Candac59 like this.
  44. bigd53618

bigd53618

I've been trying to hook up an Xbox controller to this I can get it to look around but I can't get it to move I can get a first-person controller to walk around and look but I can't seem to figure it out

45. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Any Errors popping up?

46. nathanjams

nathanjams

@bigd53618

Do you have something like:

in your Unity Input Manager, and:

in your US Input Manager?

Brandon_Powell and Candac59 like this.
  47. johny256

johny256

Project Dead:???

48. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

The developers posted on here Wednesday... So no.

They are currently trying to fix bugs and release the next version instead of monitoring the forums. For customer support they have emails and a discord channel also.

It's a shame that they have to stop developing to post on forum every other day just to show they are alive.

I would suggest to have patience and wait for the next update. Hopefully it won't be long.

49. OfficialAshez

OfficialAshez

Really? Trough asset store or email. (I do understand it was a joke)

Firesoft likes this.
  50. jrock84

jrock84

So, just added CTS shader to my terrain. US is not liking it for some reason. I've narrowed it down to the fact that CTS, obviously, uses a custom terrain shader in terrain settings, but not sure what to do to make it happy again. Screenshot of error below.

error.PNG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.