Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

If you read the thread there's a post with the integration done by the creator of VS just follow his instructions.
    edit:
    link 1 - https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-vegetation-studio.479244/page-22#post-3334466
    link 2 - https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-vegetation-studio.479244/page-22#post-3337211

VladimirRad likes this.
  2. Candac59

Candac59

Thank you for sharing. Unfortunately, I can not do it because I do not understand what I'm doing following the instructions: / not being a developer ...

3. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Have not seen a single Post for today so i thought i will start lol,

@Winterbyte312 any news :)

ronaldomoon and Candac59 like this.
  4. PXDN_Games

PXDN_Games

Soon its Februrary...

5. Prof1995

Prof1995

2019? :)

6. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Around Christmas? this year maybe???? Really need the updated scripts samples etc. Btw has anyone played around with the skele animation tool is it worth buying

Candac59 likes this.
  7. gegebel

gegebel

I see everyone here complaining about needing an update, so...
    What do you guys expect from 0.2 ?

I wait for swimming, crafting tables and improvements in what was already in.

TheSeawolf and Brandon_Powell like this.
  8. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

save/load, swimming, and rideable giant eagles

9. PXDN_Games

PXDN_Games

save/load but I dont see 0.2 coming any time soon.

wagnerlee likes this.
  10. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Swimming(Might redo it as we are doing FPS and TPS, the player will be able to choose in game, and mostly the UI scripts for samples, as well as some of the AI scripts on the animal side. we are also looking for the bow script for the arrow etc.

so quite a lot but not to much oh yes the arms as well.

11. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Also concerned about this due to @Winterbyte312 not saying a word for quite some time, sooner or later something must be said right? some kind of update on why the beta was missed around Christmas or something

PXDN_Games likes this.
  12. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

this would be good to implement it. Ownership / Permissions

OfficialAshez and Will-D-Ramsey like this.
  13. gegebel

gegebel

It's not like that would be really hard to do. I guess @TheMessyCoder could do us a tutorial for such things within a few hours. In the end, it just needs multiplayer support. Let's wait for 0.2, we'll see multiplayer sometimes in the next years :D

VladimirGameStudio likes this.
  14. bigd53618

bigd53618

34.99 X 197 = 6893.03
    hes mad good money of this y do a updated. just saying there 1 soon more ppl will bye it

15. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

It's probably more close to $4825.121 after unity's percentage and that's only two months of living in the USA
    He hasn't lied, if you read Unity's asset store terms you buy all assets as is, you are not entitled to updates and any asset can be removed without notice...

16. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

Our current average of ratings per purchase on our assets is somewhere around 1:4 to 1:6. So that could be 4-6 times as many purchases as rating, so (lower of the two) 34.99 X (197 * 4) = 27,575.12 or roughly what one of our junior coders gets. Not a bad income for a hobby.

PXDN_Games and Brandon_Powell like this.
  17. zenGarden

zenGarden

Once new version will be out and new features will be added as addons the price should go up quickly.

Try to find a 35$ plugin with all these features and the same amount of 3D art quality content ?
    • First-person controller
      • Movement
      • Running
      • Jumping
      • Crouching
      • Climbing ladders
      • Sliding
      • Pushing objects
    • Stats
      • Health
      • Hunger
      • Thirst
      • Stamina
    • Camera system
      • Pain HUD
      • Directional damage indicator
      • Shakes (can be used for gun recoil, explosions, etc)
    • Weapons
      • Bone club
      • Hunting Rifle
      • Shotgun
      • Revolver
      • Wooden spear
      • Iron spear
      • Wooden bow
    • Tools
      • Stone Hatchet
      • Axe
      • Iron Pickaxe
      • Torch
    • Procedural Weapon Motion (can be used for any first person object)
      • Gets rid of the need for custom animations
      • Bobbing (different for walking, running, etc)
      • Sway
      • Position offset (usage - mainly for procedural aiming)
      • Rotation offset (usage - when being close to a wall, the weapon raises up)
      • Aiming
    • Inventory
      • Container-based
      • Stacking
      • Splitting
      • Drag & drop
      • Dropping
      • Item description window
    • Crafting
      • Recipe-based (requires certain items)
      • Categories (like "Tools", "Weapons", "Clothes", etc)
      • Crafting queue (more items will wait for the "first-in" recipe to craft)
    • Workstations
      • Campfire (cooking only)
      • Furnace (cooking & smelting)
      • Anvil (repairing items)
    • Storage boxes / crates
    • Hotbar (quick weapon selection)
    • Player equipment (Torso, legs, head, etc)
    • Mining (implemented ores so far)
      • Stone
      • Metal ore
      • Sulfur ore
    • Chopping trees
    • Passive and aggressive animals
      • Wild boar (aggressive)
      • Chicken (passive)
      • Transition to ragdoll at death (+ ragdoll creator)
    • Cannibal / zombie AI
      • Custom spawning (at day and/or night, etc)
      • Idle
      • Patrolling
      • Chasing
      • Attacking
      • Transition to ragdoll at death (+ ragdoll creator)
    • Socket-based construction system
      • Foundations
      • Walls
      • Floors
      • Roofs
      • Windows
      • Doors
    • Time of day (Day & night cycle)
    • Surface system
      • Define footstep sounds for every surface
      • Define bullet impacts & decals for every surface
      • Define cutting & hit sounds for every surface
    • Code
      • Written in C#
      • Fully-commented
      • Easy to understand
      • Respects OOP practices
    • Others
      • Custom input manager
      • Object pooling
      • Flexible event system
      • Item managing window (for creating items, recipes, etc)

Anyway i'm pretty exited about 0.2 coming soon (even if there will be some bugs).

He is too busy to spend time on forums, instead he stay focused on getting it done.

@Winterbyte312
    Do you really plan to bring some 0.3 features, or it is too much work considering you don't have as much time as when you started the plugin ?

wagnerlee and danreid70 like this.
  18. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

So it takes a year and a half, one month after another.

19. zenGarden

zenGarden

It's not so long considering he developed a full survival game systems :rolleyes:

20. gegebel

gegebel

OK, people, now calm down.
    In the end, there's no point in discussing it here, as it won't change anything. I've spent way more in other assets which got deprecated short afterwards, we all have. Which makes us mad, especially since Unity doesn't seem to care much.

On the other hand, if the updates come sometimes, even a year later, it's still a bargain.
    I know I wouldn't have bought it if I would have known I had to wait so long, but in the end, I decided to trust the developer, just as every time before. Either I have luck and we'll get something soon, or not and we will have to either make it ourself.

There's nothing we can do about it, we told everyone there are massive delays, I guess anyone being serious about buying this asset will know as we all spammed the forums with this.

I ask you people to stop and become constructive from now on though. We are all in the same boat waiting, no need to terrorize other people. We could become a wonderful community, helping each other with this asset. Even if the updates don't come, we still can help each other. So be cool and start talking about something useful for everyone.

21. zenGarden

zenGarden

What game ?
    Anyway, if he develops a full game, it will benefit you because you'll got the new tech he developed (somewhat like Epic making games results in users getting new tools and techs); otherwise i'm not sure he would re develop almost entirely the plugin to improve it.

He can do what he wants , he has no obligation to you, when you buy a plugin , you buy it as it is.
    I also bought some plugins, some lacking polish and other not functional and some no more developed, but i moved forward with other solutions instead to keeping complaining about a plugin that is not usable or stable.

If you are not okay with that, you should not buy plugins, instead find a team mate coder, that way you won't be frustrated or say your game is not progressing because of another plugin developer :rolleyes:

22. Gewald

Gewald

I think you misunderstood what I am saying here, I do not need an obligation to me, we are working on our other game at the moment anyhow, that does not use this asset. My team mate is a Developer as a full time career, and we have spent plenty of time modifying the assets we own, that is not an issue by any means here. And trust me our games progress just fine.
    The point being made here is that the Author lacks professionalism with the way he handles things. But if you think that we are upset about the asset and or lack of progressing in our game development, you could not be further from the truth. I will gladly go vid for vid with anyone to see progress comparisons ,lol.

As for the game, like I said it is within his rights by all means, just very unethical and immoral to not let everyone know ahead of time. Take wastelands for example, they specifically say that the assets are used in the game. Here is the link from before the asset was available
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=847054543&searchtext=lone+survivor.

Now all that being said lets take a note from @gegebel and start helping each other with issues of the controller as they stand instead of "complaining".

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Old_Wolf and zenGarden like this.
  23. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

true @Winterbyte312 is just a human in the end and i am sure he is doing all that he can to make this asset perfect for every one, and u dont like waiting fine then go make a kit by ur self and sell it and see how that feels

zenGarden likes this.
  24. zenGarden

zenGarden

At least it's clear lol
    Anyway, perhaps they will improve their game and bring new features, as it is this is a basic survival demo more than game. I mean the plugin is too basic. There is lot of work to make some appealing level with more plants, better trees, caverns, rivers or make interesting places with a story behind and npc.
    This looks like more another thousand sandbox game without any attractive background and new features unfortunately.

There is nothing to complain, the plugin will be ready when it's ready, and i'm waiting next version before adding any new features to it.

25. _Bucket_

_Bucket_

An update on the whereabouts of the update would be fabulous :p

26. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

Hi.

I am the developer of Vegetation Studio. I have been asked by a couple of users to see if I can make a component to Vegetation Studio that makes it easy to set up harvesting scripts for Ultimate Survival.
    This would allow you to add harvesting to the vegetation managed by Vegetation Studio.

Do anyone else find this usefull?

Lennart

27. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

Yes , this would be great?

28. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

I don't own VS but that would be very kind of you to incorporate that in. It would be an "AWESOME"....lol addition.

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  29. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Our local governments are looking for ways to extract the salt from this forum and apply it to the roads.
    -Will keep everyone updated.

SirTwistedStorm likes this.
  30. Candac59

Candac59

Hello ! Even my wife will not make me happier than you if you do this :) More seriously, yes I valid because I'm not good enough to do it and now I break my head since the release of VS every day and I confess I'm going crazy by force.

RobsonFMaciel and Will-D-Ramsey like this.
  31. KIR99

KIR99

This will definitely be useful for the project I'm working on :)

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  32. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

I forwarded this to your wife...

Candac59 and SirTwistedStorm like this.
  33. Candac59

Candac59

x) I think I will soon pay very dearly lol

SirTwistedStorm likes this.
  34. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Yeah she said you're going to be grounded and Im getting double my normal payment of fruit cups...

Some men just want to watch the world burn...

Candac59 and SirTwistedStorm like this.
  35. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

Lol and some want to set it on fire lol

36. Candac59

Candac59

"Im getting double my normal payment of fruit cups"

English expression ? I do not understand the meaning

37. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

i am trying to build the game for windows 86-64x and i am getting thies errors but i dont why, can any one help me ?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: The UnityEditor is referenced by SurforgeCore ('Assets/Surforge/Plugins/SurforgeCore.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
    2. UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] cache, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:156)
    3. UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] cache, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:162)
    4. UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:196)
    5. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Build completed with a result of 'Failed'
    2. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 3 errors
    2.   at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x0020e] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:181
    3.   at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00065] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:88
    4. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

38. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

but ultimately useless given the track record. This is exactly like that story my parents told me about the boy who cried wolf. after so many missed dates, what would it matter if Winterbyte said it was being released next week? for those who are bitter or mistrustful about this, there's nothing to be said that will restore the trust.

"The time for words is done... this is the time for deeds"

because overly dramatic dialogue is cathartic

39. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We're not working on any game, we will, but after we finish the multiplayer update for this kit, since at that point we'll be able to focus on design & gameplay, rather than developing the framework.
    Lone Survivor is a game that got published before this kit, because the developer received it early. :)

danreid70 likes this.
  40. Black-Spirit

Black-Spirit

Dec 15th
    Rather than delaying and delaying, we will upload something in any case. We'll then upload each week or two as we complete the remaining features. The first upload will take place between 22th - 26th.

--

Dec 17th
    Everyone is right in their own way. There is no reason to start this discussion again.
    There's nothing we can do other than move forward and focus on making better decisions.
    In about one week we will post the first update for 0.2. We'll continue uploading weekly or every two weeks until we're done

--

Dec 28th
    Hi guys, I've been away for a few days, I wanted to take a break and fill up my batteries :)
    We'll be able to upload something in a few days. I would've liked to address each concern posted above but I will focus my energy on getting this initial upload out of the way, as fast as possible.

--

Jan 10th
    We're not working on any game, we will, but after we finish the multiplayer update for this kit, since at that point we'll be able to focus on design & gameplay, rather than developing the framework.
    Lone Survivor is a game that got published before this kit, because the developer received it early. :)

So no news addressing concerns about progress? The recent post suggests(to me anyway), that you are funding your title via the store...just saying.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  41. OfficialAshez

OfficialAshez

Hope its going well with the Ultimate Survival, looking forward to it!

Crede-Pendrel likes this.
  42. Black-Spirit

Black-Spirit

Why are you here then?

The developer is asking for input on adding support for features that might strike some consumers. Just like most of the assets offered.

43. zenGarden

zenGarden

Sorry, i misunderstood him.

44. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Im a private investigator who gets paid in Dole Fruit Cups...

45. _Bucket_

_Bucket_

My name jeff

Will-D-Ramsey and Brandon_Powell like this.
  46. RemitPrime

RemitPrime

The cake is a lie...

Cassiopeiae-73 likes this.
  47. zenGarden

zenGarden

Some rule you should follow is to never buy plugins where features are "promised".

Perhaps you was lucky to avoid plugins that got abandoned and others that stopped getting new features and updates :rolleyes:

48. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Realize that when he promises that the 0.2 update will come out, it is when there are certain dates such as summer and winter that people get paid double and earn more money. For me, he is cheating us because many of us ask him to send the current project by private mail to verify that it is not a lie of what he is saying and the only answer is that in a short time he will launch the project. My negative point to the project has been for a long time, until proven otherwise, then I will put it positive and give good reviews. When the project does not send this like this, with errors or without them, it is because it has nothing. I would personally do it when there are very bad reviews and they interfere in my income.

wagnerlee and Cassiopeiae-73 like this.
  49. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

How long do you have to cry for jesus dude just stop...

LucianBlack likes this.
  50. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

For the last time, you cant be cheated out of something that you're not entitled to...
    And at this point do not deserve...

LucianBlack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.