Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OZAV

OZAV

...yep, i've red everything again, some people are so impatient, as always ... No, i don't think that requesting of the dev's "to give us what u have now" will help, as we all know from the bad examples of UFPS, and similar assets, and is what makes assets as RFPS and this one to stand above all in quality: it takes time to get the things right, so i believe that "is-ready-when-is-ready" will be better to wait for, as usual, instead of dealing with un-solvable bugs in prematurely release versions :) HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL, keep constructive only here, yes (that only helps and - i vote for that, request the refund if you have to, but don't abuse the dev's and their asset threads is always the best help and motivation you can give them, and it really helps).

2. gegebel

gegebel

Well I haven't worked with US for a long time now, still waiting for 0.2.
    When 0.2 is here I will have a chat with @Winterbyte312 to see if we can come up with the info. Maybe even make some tests and tweaks for different versions of Unity.

3. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Thanks! I wasn't necessarily suggesting that you do it as much as if someone had done it and was willing to do a writeup for the wiki if you thought it would be a good fit. I wasn't sure if it fit with what you envisioned for the wiki you put up for everyone. But if you were to do something like that, I'm sure it would be nice to have that kind of info. :)

4. gegebel

gegebel

I don't have a specific vision for the Wiki, I just thought it would be cool to have a central place to find info and help

5. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

I think the people are ranting due to Winterbyte stating around Christmas and not Around New Years, yet being late, but i am pretty sure they will release the beta within this week

6. Indie-developer

Indie-developer

it would be great if it did get released this week.

7. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

You've gone and done it now lol

TheSeawolf and wagnerlee like this.
  8. gegebel

gegebel

You know, this is what people say since April. We'll just have to wait and see.

9. Indie-developer

Indie-developer

Yes I do recall its been almost a year.

10. crimsonmortis

crimsonmortis

Could this be .2 in MessyCoders video? I would think he would be a top choice to Beta test it.

Candac59 likes this.
  11. MakeGames2

MakeGames2

I'm guessing that is just all the modifications he made to 0.1. See a 0.2 demo here:

OZAV and Candac59 like this.
  12. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

The truth is that the work they are doing is great, it looks very good ...

inside nothing we will be enjoying :)

VladimirGameStudio likes this.
  13. KIR99

KIR99

Hey there!

Just a quick random question.

When it comes to in-game rendering in first person, what advantages does the 2 camera (first person and world root) solution have over the a single camera solution?

I'm aware that a lot of first person games do this, I'm just unsure why.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks! :)

Brandon_Powell likes this.
  14. nomax5

nomax5

I am no expert KIR99 and I guess the main reason is a camera trick to stop guns and spears poking through walls when you get close to them. I learnt this from GTGD and I always try to promote his stuff because he's helped me so much in the past here is the tutorial that explains it

Also
    I guess that having post processing just on weapon and hands is much cheaper that post processing on everything.

but as I say I'm no expert.

Roy

KIR99, jesseganey, monkyfizt and 3 others like this.
  15. jrackley

jrackley

@Winterbyte312 So it has been more than a "few days" now. Would it be possible for you to update us with at least some sort of news on progress for 0.2 please.

16. monkyfizt

monkyfizt

I wrote them an email on Saturday and still no response

17. StephenL

StephenL

Be patient guys. It's the holidays and he may be busy with family and friends.

KIR99, BackwoodsGaming and LittleMike like this.
  18. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

Kinda disappointed, I thought I would have my holiday break to play around with it but back to the office..

erichey and wagnerlee like this.
  19. doodle911

doodle911

The delays are getting ridiculous now...

wagnerlee likes this.
  20. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

No offense to anyone, also I do understand that it takes Time, but i must agree to the fact of stating around Christmas and it is a new year already makes this a bit disappointing, I do have a Tip though, rather over estimate the time it will take than under estimate as this will get a much better result in responses as well as if its early the clientele will be much more pleased. Also Please give us just a hint of feedback :), Again i do understand it takes time but feedback takes but a minute or two..

erichey likes this.
  21. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

To be honest, I'd rather have the estimate of "when it is done". Giving any estimate at all can become problematic.

Candac59 likes this.
  22. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

I do not want you to understand it as an offense, it is not.

@Winterbyte312 silence is frustrating, especially after failing to keep one more promise. Just tell the truth, tell us what really is missing. If it will take another 6 months or 1 year, no problem, but just say so. Many project their agendas based on these promises (I am a case). I delayed hiring a programmer several times to help me because of this. Just give us a REAL position. Please @Winterbyte312 .
    Sorry if I seemed offensive, my English is not good.

adndima, Candac59 and Indie-developer like this.
  23. KIR99

KIR99

Thanks Roy,

that was very insightful :)

24. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

1. People need to stop saying we were "promised" anything.
    2. The mods need to start banning all the off-topic people who are pretty much just complaining about the asset stores T.O.S. I think there are many of us who would like to get back the useful discussion.

jesseganey, KIR99 and csharpstudios like this.
  25. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

I guess you're bad at planning your projects then. Not sure how this is Winterbyte's concern...

Candac59 likes this.
  26. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

How come everytime somebody mentions the 0.2 being late, others start saying its off topic. This forum is for the Discussion of the Ultimate Survival asset, and the last time I looked on the 1st page of the forum ( at the very top ) it says 0.2 in progress. We are discussing the fact that we have been told for 8 months that it was being released and the last we heard he said most of it would be released BEFORE CHRISTMAS. Every time he tells us something and doesn't pull through you can expect someone to say something, but when someone says something we are told to hush or quit talking about it because its off topic. Well, it doesn't seem to be off topic when the dev talks about it or tells us it will be done by the end of the month. So I think we should take the advice we are being given and contact Unity, not for a refund or to complain about US, but to change the TOS. It's not fair that the devs of not only this asset but plenty of others are able to advertise that they are going to update and make promises to help get there sales up and then never come through with them. After all, we are the customers, without us, there would be no Unity or assets, our money funds the whole operation, so maybe the TOS should tell the devs that IF THEY CHOOSE to advertise and promise updates then they must follow through with the best of there ability or be fined or something. The TOS should not be there to protect those that are making all the money but should protect those spending the money ( The Customer ). This wouldn't even be going on if he would quit telling people that he is going to release it at the end of every month, it's not our fault, he is the one that keeps saying it. If this is the way people are going to be, then I am in the wrong business, I can just sale false promises to people like you and you will be alright with it. Quit telling people to hush or get a refund, In this world, today does a man's word not mean anything, It should and that is why a few of us get upset with being told next month every month, we love the idea behind this asset and the promises made, we just want devs to be straight with us, and with that we will support you even if it takes a while to get an update.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  27. SocketByte

SocketByte

Exactly. I wouldn't be even mad if he was saying that he don't know when the 0.2 will be or something. Saying it's just around the corner when it's obviously not, it's just not right. It's not because we don't know how much work it is and we don't respect it, we are just tired of false promises, that's all.

28. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We're almost there :) This one has the combat aspect ready and some survival, while the next upload will contain almost everything we've been working on.

We've prepared a small testing scene

29. johny256

johny256

Brandon_Powell likes this.
  30. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Thanx for the update, all that was needed, quick question will the Multiplayer be inserted in the initial upload or rather in 0.3

31. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

32. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

Did you just put out an update, or are you just saying you are getting closer?
    Don't get me wrong, I think the work you are doing is awesome, keep up the great work, and thanks for the update.

I would also like a copy of the update when you send them out. norbitstudios@gmail.com
    Thanks again

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  33. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I'm saying we're close. Thanks :)

34. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Thank you @Winterbyte312

35. Skyfall106

Skyfall106

Hey Winterbyte!! I cant respawn when I die in my scene. WHy is this do you think

36. PAT2001

PAT2001

Already released updates?In the demo you can play?

37. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

How much code do you think will change between 0.2 to 0.3? Should I just focus on developing assets and wait until 0.3 to begin building on it?

38. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Nah I dont have 0.2 either, but I have been dying to get my hands on it so I could at least be a QA to trouble shoot and help out.
    I just added water to the surface database so that I can make splashy splashy noises when I am running through the sea on the beach.

39. Indie-developer

Indie-developer

Looking pretty savage! See what I did there? Because savages on the beach.... no? Ill stop.

Will-D-Ramsey likes this.
  40. Hodis

Hodis

Hello, so i have a problem here i bought the asset and i have a problem with the door, i don't know if anyone had this problem so the door is opening but after a while like 15 seconds i don't get the message to open and colse the door and i can't open it neither i try to change some things but it dosen't work any ideas? thanks ;)

41. bigd53618

bigd53618

is it multiplayer?

42. Crede-Pendrel

Crede-Pendrel

No....

43. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Try tweaking the settings for the collider of the door. I had this issue before and that was the fix.
    Best of luck.

44. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

when are the betas going to be sent out ? :)

Candac59 and pushingpandas like this.
  45. SocketByte

SocketByte

I want to believe in this, but after all that, I can't take your words seriously anymore. I'm sorry. I hope I'm wrong now and it's REALLY almost there. Good luck with the release.

VladimirGameStudio likes this.
  46. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Supposed to be in 0.2 or 0.3

47. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Crede-Pendrel likes this.
  48. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

How I feel coming to this thread most days.

49. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

People who already own the asset don't really need a demo scene @Winterbyte312. That's great for the version you'll release on the asset store for new customers but we just need to see what's changed and how it effects what we've already done and to start adapting our existing content to 0.2.

50. Cassiopeiae-73

Cassiopeiae-73

One thing I've learned about this asset, I NEVER buy an asset where anything is promised. Never again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.