Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleMike

LittleMike

LOL. Actually, I don't think that's a terrible idea at all. Kind of like GNU licensed stuff on Github. The only issue I see is that we have already seen a lot of this asset get flipped on Steam and it would encourage more of that in releasing it to the "public" so to speak.

With that said, two heads are better than one, and a lot of bugs could get squashed quicker.

2. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Please NOTE: The asset is at a low price of 34.99$ until we release version 0.2.

3. LittleMike

LittleMike

Which part of "it doesn't matter what the developer promises" did you not understand?

jesseganey likes this.
  4. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

For that reason and under my knowledge in law, the right to expression is free and can not be banned, for this in the main page of this forum must include some rules in which in no case exempts anything from the aforementioned.

5. LittleMike

LittleMike

Unity is a private business. There is no such thing as freedom of expression. Freedom of speech only applies in the US in regards to speaking out against your government. It does not protect you in regards to private businesses.

Again, a moderator has already come into this thread telling people to contact them if they have any issues. You don't have to like the rules, but you have to obey them.

Will-D-Ramsey and jesseganey like this.
  6. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

When you say VL, I assume you are referring to Voxeland? If so, can we speak privately about this? I have been having a terrible time getting Voxeland to even load up correctly, let alone integrating it with US. This is not the place for this type of conversation (I imagine) so would you be willing to assist me a bit?

7. Firesoft

Firesoft

Hmm Interesting..
    this thread is going out of hands again.

8. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

You think you know everything and all the issues you know. but you're wrong because you are not right any what you mention, because even if it is private, the company has to respect the law, one of them is the law of misleading or illegal advertising, and under anything can be infringed whether private or not. and that you can not discuss to me since I have the right career.

9. LittleMike

LittleMike

You clearly don't know what you're talking nor are you going to listen so I'm not going to bother to argue with you. I'm just reporting your posts. Let the moderators tell you if you don't want to listen.

10. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Inform everything you want, but when you feel cheated, do not look for support from other users.

11. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Enough. This is getting old.

Further off-topic posts will be removed, repeat offenders will be banned from this thread and/or the forums if warrented. This is a support and discussion thread for the product itself, contact the author if your issues are not resolved here.

12. Firesoft

Firesoft

The savier of the day is here :)

jesseganey and LittleMike like this.
  13. sean-bradbury

sean-bradbury

Yeah, my bad. :)

VL == Voxeland.

I would be willing to offline, send me a PM and we can coordinate.
    Having said that I will be unavailable for the next few days.

Cheers,
    Sean.

14. SamuelHavelock

SamuelHavelock

If I purchase ultimate survival 0.2 will I be able to upgrade to 0.3 for free?

15. SamuelHavelock

SamuelHavelock

Is version 0.2 going to have any form of multiplayer included?

16. ReZult_Studios

ReZult_Studios

A question does anyone else get the bug when like you place a campfire for example down it stays in your inventory.

Candac59 and monkyfizt like this.
  17. Oldnag

Oldnag

0.2 not 2.0

18. Haydara

Haydara

I think the version number should be 2.0 instead of 0.2 as this version have major changes not minor. Or at least it should be 1.0

Candac59 likes this.
  19. Kalle801

Kalle801

My Suggestion for this template: Add Ownership for basebuilding.

Brandon_Powell likes this.
  20. Kalle801

Kalle801

can sombody post the settings file please. Somehow unity does not import them for me (layers etc).

21. Candac59

Candac59

Check this

https://forum.unity.com/attachments/projectsettings-rar.255522/

22. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

Has anyone actually gotten the 0.2 pre-release sent to them yet? If so, any comments so far?

23. Indie-developer

Indie-developer

Was it not announced before Christmas that we were getting a Beta? If so I dont think anyone has gotten the package sent to them through email yet etc.

Will-D-Ramsey likes this.
  24. Firesoft

Firesoft

You guys should stop. Read the message of the mod above.

25. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Actually Winterbyte said "around Christmas". Patience is a virtue.

26. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

If everyone would quit whining and bickering, you guys wouldn't have missed @Winterbyte312's posts on the last page.

27. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

@Winterbyte312 hi i am just wondering when the beta is going to be sent ?
    best wishes

VladimirGameStudio likes this.
  28. bigd53618

bigd53618

can you give us a update with bugs or give us something

Candac59 and VladimirGameStudio like this.
  29. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I hope not because then everyone will be complaining that it is full of bugs. It's bad enough listening to everyone complain that 0.2 isn't released yet. Add complaining about being released with bugs and this thread will become even more unbearable. :(

LucianBlack likes this.
  30. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Im looking forward to integrating 2.0 with MapMagic and Voxeland. I've had US working with Voxeland before but never with MapMagic.
    Cant wait to get back to actual discussion with everyone :)

Freshmeat911 and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  31. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

You mean 0.2... :p

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how things were modularized in 0.2 to allow for easier replacement/integration of third party modules. I know 3rd person support is slated for 0.3, but I'm hoping some of the reorganization will make tearing away from the first person controller so I can use the player switchable first person and third person modes with the Ootii third person motion controller and adventure camera assets which I quit messing with to see if integration would be easier with 0.2.

I basically focusing on scenes, item/weapon/building/vehicle setups, and planning on slowly going through TheMessyCoder's video series to get some of the assets and functionality he did in the series working in the game. Tons still to do before I get my hands on 0.2.

But yeah, it will definitely be nice to hopefully have a couple of months of actual conversation that don't get lost in the pages of useless noise. :)

32. LittleMike

LittleMike

I actually picked up the Ooti controllers during the big sale. I'm a novice coder, so rather than dig through and cobble together a solution with 0.15, I figured I'd hold off.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  33. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

US Works nicely with map magic not gonna use Voxel in my game though as i had a lot of issues with it before,

Freshmeat911 and Will-D-Ramsey like this.
  34. DrussAxeLegend

DrussAxeLegend

If anyone is interested I have gotten Vegetation Studio working with Ultimate Survival. I exlplain how in their forums.

35. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Saw that... Might be a good thing to get added to the Ultimate Survival wiki. Was yours the one that had the harvesting info to integrate in as well with VS? I thought I saw one somewhere that had that.

36. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

Happy new year's eve everyone. Goodbye 2017

LittleMike likes this.
  37. nomax5

nomax5

You know some parts of this thread reminds me of an article I read a long time ago, I cant remember it exactly but it makes me think even today:

The article was about this one guy who had created a full blow MMORPG with about 100 concurrent players, He wrote the code, fixed the bugs, created new content, moderated the support forum, maintained the website, did the marketting and ran the server from his own house I think, basically he did Everything!

He was stopping the service, ending the game, he’d had enough.

He explained that it was a thankless task no matter how much effort and work he put in he would get people complaining, saying the game is terrible, giving bad reviews and actually leaving the game because of something like their quest was broken.

Many of their little commuinty had played the game for years and it was sad and a shame for those people.
    They tried offers and pleas but it was too little too late, it had been a difficult descision for him to give up his passion.

This is why I try to encourage asset developers like Winterbyte312 because without them it litterally is:

GAME OVER

So Happy New year Winterbyte312 !!

Don’t forget to put your thick skin on in the new year because your addoring masses can be a little thoughtless sometimes.

Happy New year everyone else and think happy thoughts in 2018 cos it's gonna be a great year.

Roy

38. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Happy new year's eve everyone. Goodbye 2017

Brandon_Powell likes this.
  39. bigd53618

bigd53618

well i would like to play with the new building system

Brandon_Powell and Will-D-Ramsey like this.
  40. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

So would all of us...patience young padiwan.

41. Indie-developer

Indie-developer

Since I am no longer interested in waiting for 0.2 I think I want to use 0.1 with my existing project and just integrate it with everything. I have version 0.15 but since the update the crafting menu is broken. I am using Unity 2017.1.1f1 when I click on the recipes on the right hand side (in the crafting menu) there is bug where the recipes don't display on the Recipe Inspector window that usually pops up in the middle of the UI. When they do display it takes 7 - 8 clicks to choose another recipe - again its as if the menu isnt updating even though in version 0.1 it was working fine. Thus I tried all the different versions of Unity apart from Unity 5.6 which is archaic and outdated now so I feel no reason to use it. I tried 2017 + all the way up to the latest version of Unity 2017. I need to fix this as its game breaking any help from you guys would be great.

Thanks Again

42. Saiga308

Saiga308

First ensure Raycast Target is set properly on the UI elements. Also ensure you don't have a UI element overlapping that is intercepting the clicks.

After that, I would start by adding debug logs to the click events and any other areas of code that are called for the recipe inspector. You can see what functions are actually being called and step through the entire function calls one by one until you narrow it down.

This article may be of help.
    https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/scripting/monodevelops-debugger

43. Indie-developer

Indie-developer

Thank you kind sir.

44. bigd53618

bigd53618

it there a easy way to make this multiplayer and if so how?

sorry new to this

45. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

Has anyone successfully integrated inventory pro with US? If so, could you point me in the right direction?

46. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

Why is Unity 5.6 archaic? I have had great progress with Ultimate Survivor and Unity 5.6.3f1. I have found it to be the best fit. There are a few project settings I would recommend changing, but I seriously might be able to help.

47. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I agree. I'd actually still be using 5.6.x if it hadn't been for the news that US 0.2 would require 2017 and later that Vegetation Studio's vegetation instancing required 2017. Maybe something like this would be something good for the wiki as well for those who would like to just move forward to building off of 0.1. I'd also be curious to know what @Winterbyte312 has added to 0.2 which requires 2017 or if it is just a development decision that he and his team made to move up. It could be that some who are still using 5.6 may decide to replace systems that are requiring 2017 with other assets which do not. I'm really hoping the move to be more modular in 0.2 will make it easier to replace some systems without having to butcher the core kit to do it.

These are just thoughts. But if this is something @gegebel thinks would be good on the wiki he put up for US, I'd love to see some of this type of information. By the way @gegebel, I don't think I've actually thanked you in any of my responses here for putting the wiki up. I haven't had the opportunity to use it much at this point but I do greatly recognize the value to all of us who hope to develop our games with Ultimate Survival being part of the backbone. Thanks!

48. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

Good job Shawn67, I had no idea there was a wiki, i’ll Go take a look at it.

I’m waiting for 0.2 to implement this into my game.

49. THREEWGAMESTEKNOLOJIANONIMSIRKETI

THREEWGAMESTEKNOLOJIANONIMSIRKETI

Hi from 2018, 0.2 not released yet. Maybe release 31 Dec 2018 :D lol.

50. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Not me. @gegebel created it and runs the Ultimate Survival wiki for people using the asset. :) I'd love to see more people who figure stuff out on getting things to work together or how they have been working with the different Unity versions and such to start utilizing it as well as sharing that info here. I'd love to see things here move to those types of productive discussions instead of what it has been since I purchased US and started following this thread.

TheSeawolf and jesseganey like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.