Search Unity

[Release] URG! The ultimate ragdoll generator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by The-Arc-Games, Oct 9, 2011.

1. MathewHI

MathewHI

I'm considering abandoning this and trying something different, I've spent months trying to create a spawner of dismemberable models. At this point if I could just spawn new instances and then destroy them as needed I would but it only works on one instance of the model.

2. JBR-games

JBR-games

I never tried to save the objects, but if i get time i may try. If i get it working ill post changes here... But iwouldnt hold your breath..

Since developers have not responded since the asset was depreciated it Will likely not be updated past compatibility of unity 5.6 anyway. Too bad...

3. MathewHI

MathewHI

Yeah too bad, this would've been great but it's some way they're handling the mesh that makes it complicated and I'm not smart enough programmer to figure it out. I actually bought a tool called mesh tools and it's got mesh cutter. It's real easy to divide any mesh, I'm going to try to dismember with that. Good luck

JBR-games likes this.
  4. adamgffrd

adamgffrd

Can someone send me the source code since its now deprecated and no longer available for purchase? I would like to see how it was done and dissect it. ;) I have a very rough setup in place already for a physics controller but want to better understand the code behind the transitions from ragdoll to animation and vice-versa.

5. The-Arc-Games

The-Arc-Games

Hi and thanks for your interest in URG!
    The store package is off line for Unity version transition issues, but the product is still properly supported, and thus nowhere near open source nor abandonware.

To clarify, we've been running behind mecanim and fbx trends to be able to properly ragdoll, dismember and animate multi skinned mesh renderer, multi material characters which have become very common (despite them being usually consequence of unoptimized approaches to animation in general).
    This sadly meant rewriting URG, basically, and we chose to avoid user experience issues by not providing a product that would not satisfy our standards.

We've been working at a new version with the above features. As a matter of fact, we count to release the newest URG in the next month or so.

JBR-games likes this.
  6. JBR-games

JBR-games

Glad to hear the asset is not abandoned.. Looking forward to seeing the new version in the coming months..

7. Flurgle

Flurgle

@The-Arc-Games Curious how development is going, and does it use Jobs / ECS at all?

8. The-Arc-Games

The-Arc-Games

Hi and thanks for stopping by.
    We were basically under release when we started exploring performance increases through the ecs, and we decided to cover the extra mile and fork in that direction.
    We still haven't decided if we'll re-release with the former architecture or if we'll complete at least one critical phase with the new implementation but we should have significant results pretty soon and we'll get back to you with the news.

JBR-games and Flurgle like this.
  9. joshcamas

joshcamas

Hello, any updates with this? :)

JBR-games likes this.