Search Unity

[RELEASE] RockVR - VR Capture (Efficient and Convenient Recording Video)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rockvr, Sep 6, 2017.

1. rockvr

rockvr

Thanks for your feedback.

The GPU encoder just support real render and this feature is faster recording video. We will add GPU offline render to our roadmap and increase priority. Could you please leave your email. If we add this feature we will email you and update our thread.

Best Kevin.

2. Barritico

Barritico

I have a problem.

The resulting video is (at least) twice the speed of the recorded scene.

Can you help me please?

Thank you.

3. rockvr

rockvr

You could try to use offline render or use our Pro version to capture video.

We have try to improve our capture feature in this year.

If you have any other problem you could contact us with your problem screenshot by email.

Best, Kevin

4. Barritico

Barritico

I use PRO version and render offline yet.

I'll upload a couple of comparative videos.

Thanks.

5. The_Darkwing_Duck

The_Darkwing_Duck

Getting this error, just updated to newest version. Screenshot (8).png "

6. rockvr

rockvr

You could remove all of RockVR folder and reimport our plugin. I tried to reproduce your question but did not succeed. The "Selection" is unity engine class, could you please try to reimport our plugin. If it also have error please contact us.

Best, Kevin.

7. KruegerT

KruegerT

Thanks Kevin and a happy new year!

I'm not in a rush so don't hurry. I eventually come back to you, once I'm about to implement this feature.
    Right now we're working on other parts on the game, but I'll have your offer in mind!

8. Benh98

Benh98

Hi RockVR I have already installed and imported the program into my project. But I have a issue with recording.
    The issue is that I want to replace the button that starts recording, I want to use the grip button on my controller (HTC VIVE Controller) instead of the application menu button. How am I able to do this?

9. rockvr

rockvr

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

You could try to test our VR Capture demo, it use VIVE Controller to capture and stop. Or you could use VideoCaptureCtrl.Instance.StartCapture()\ VideoCaptureCtrl.Instance.StopCapture() to controller capture.

I hope it can help you to solve your problem.

Best, Kevin.

Benh98 likes this.
  10. dooyul_park

dooyul_park

Hello,

We're trying to capture 360 video of our application using RockVR's 360CapturePro. It seems mostly working but all the Text objects using Canvas were missing from the captured video. The canvas uses World Space Render Mode.

Screenshots for both VideoCapturePro's camera and its sceneCamera are attached to this post.

When I tested the same capture using VideoCapturePro's NORMAL format, it properly showed Texts from all Canvases but PANORAMA format always misses those Texts in the captured video.

Can you help us with this?

Attached Files:

11. rockvr

rockvr

Could you try to test our demo? I test it in Unity 2017.2.0f3 normally. You could try to reset the 360 camera property.
    About "Offset Spherical Coordinates", is it your setting? I think it will effect your capture.

If it also please contact us by email. I will deal with your problem as soon as possible.

Best, Kevin.

12. dooyul_park

dooyul_park

Thanks for reply, yes the Offset Spherical Coordinates are intentionally set as those numbers( it's specific player position we want the camera to be). All the demo scenes from RockVR packages seem to work properly. We're using Unity 2017.1.1f1 but the unity version didn't seem to be the cause. I also tried to put a new Canvas + Text object in one of the demo scenes and did video capture with it but the result was same. The captured video didn't show any text with the bare minimum cube demo scene.

I'll contact you by email.

Thanks,
    Dooyul Park

13. Barritico

Barritico

How to offline render with Video Capture Pro?

14. hkung

hkung

Hello, does VR Capture work in Unity 2017.3.0f3? I tried to record a video in the Demo_01_RayCamera scene but the Vive HMD did not display scene. It worked fine in 2017.1.0f3 though.

15. rockvr

rockvr

Could you please give me more information about your camera setting in your project. I could need some screenshot about your capture camera setting, you could send it to me by email. Our email: dev@rockvr.com

I will deal with your problem as soon as possible when your reply our email.

Best, Kevin.

16. Benh98

Benh98

Sorry but what i meant was that i have followed every single thing exactly as shown in the demo but when i click the record button it does not start recording and i am wondering why
    P.S. is there any way i can contact you directly?

17. Barritico

Barritico

Nothing???

18. hkung

hkung

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your answer. I realized that VR Capture works fine in Unity 2017.3.0f3 actually. However, it will not work if I import and play VRTK in the same project. I am trying to find out the cause. Please let me know if you know the reason. Thank you for your help!

19. Barritico

Barritico

Nothing???

20. rockvr

rockvr

I'm sorry did not promptly respond to your feedback. Our plugin GPU encoder unsupported offline render, you could try to use VideoCapture to capture in offline render. We have removed the watermark in the Pro version. I have added your suggest to our roadmap, but we don't have enough people to develop this feature now. We will start developing this function in the second half of this year.

Best, Kevin.

21. zeninja

zeninja

Hi, I just added this to my project and I'm having a bit of trouble setting it up. I imported the package and tried out the test scene but every time I try to record video, it hangs at "Processing" and never goes to "View Video." I'm not sure what I may have missed, so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

22. rockvr

rockvr

Could you please sent the VideoCaptureLog file to our email, the log file in your project folder. If you use mac, you could click menu button to fixed mac issure.

I will deal with your problem as soon as possible, if you could give me your log file.

Best, Kevin.

23. revanaii

revanaii

Same happened to me as well, osx 10.12.6.
    FixFFmpegPermissionForOSX() won't work, I had to manually run those commands from the console in order to grant the permission.

24. WalkupAndAway

WalkupAndAway

Hi RockVR,

I've been using your video capture plugin in my project for a couple of weeks now, and it's great!

The one thing that's missing is the ability to record the user's microphone in addition to the in-game sounds. Do you have a solution for this, or do you plan to address it in the future?

Thank you!

25. ShyshyDai

ShyshyDai

Hi,
    Can u capture the still image in Unity VR with HTC vive?
    It doesn't need to move with the view,just shot.
    Thx!

26. bilalseh

bilalseh

I want to know if I can record sounds from microphone only while recording video inside unity.
    And I want also to disable recording of internal sounds in unity.

27. SandeepJC

SandeepJC

Hi,
    Is there a way to reduce the quality of recording? I want to record for about 46 sec and I want the size of recording to be below 25MB.
    Thanks

28. rockvr

rockvr

You could set your project path as English. Please send your project VideoCapture log to me, if it also can't working.

29. rockvr

rockvr

Hi, thanks for supporting Video Capture.

We have plan to recording microphone feature later this year.

Please feel free to contact us if your have any other problem.

Best, Kevin.

30. StanGlassbreaker

StanGlassbreaker

Good day, RockVR!
    I downloaded the free version of the software and tried to set it up on a Mac, but every time I click on the Stop Capture Button, it then goes to Processing and to View Video. But clicking the View Video button doesn't have any effect - it doesn't upload a video in the folder I provided a path to, and also doesn't show the video. After clicking the View Video button it just transforms itself into the Next Video button.
    The video doesn't upload even in the demo scene, provided with the software.
    What have I done wrong?

Thank you!

Sylker likes this.
  31. Sylker

Sylker

Same problem here. Cannot get this to work not even the demo scenes... Nothing is being saved on the path provided. Using Mac OS 10.13.3 High Sierra and Unity 2017.3.0f3.

32. Jimbo_Slice

Jimbo_Slice

I am using the free version for now, but having an issue - can you help me?

I am using the TouchCaptureCamera from the Vive Demo Scene and when I use the Offline Render option it exports a video but no audio.

Have tried a couple of different things but can't get it to work. It exports audio no problem when Offline Render tick box is not clicked.

33. EBiker

EBiker

Hello RockVR, I have the pro version and it works fine in the editor.
    I am testing demo 5 and built a standalone, but it does not record .
    The start recording button goes to "processing" and just hangs.
    Is this a setting I am missing in the build.
    unity 5.6.1
    win 10, alienware.
    PS the generic frame grabber from gitHub builds and works on my computer,
    but does not have the UI support I am looking for.
    I don't think the problem is with my computer

34. The_Darkwing_Duck

The_Darkwing_Duck

Do you have ffmpeg? If not download and restart unity. Had same problem

35. Sanjay1987

Sanjay1987

Halo. I did everything as mentioned in the documents. But i get a object reference not set error while trying to play the video. I don't know how to implement the setrootfolder function. I kept 3 buttons. One for start recording, second for stop recording and third to play the recording. In start recording i called the function start capture, in stop button, i called the stopcapture function....and in third one i called the playvideo function. When i click on the third button i get the object reference error.

36. manojgop

manojgop

Does Video Capture Pro use integrated GPU encoder Intel HD graphics or will it work only with discrete graphics card

37. Gunhi

Gunhi

I tried the latest version with demo Scene "Demo_01_VideoCpature" on MAC but it does not work. Here is the log file

--------
    [LOG]: [FFmpegLib]: DEST URL: /RockVR/Video/2018-03-23-10-17-46-TNX14.wav
    [LOG]: [FFmpegLib]: Build command: "/Assets/StreamingAssets/RockVR/FFmpeg/OSX/ffmpeg" -f f32le -ar 44100 -ac 2 -i - -y -preset ultrafast -tune zerolatency "RockVR/Video/2018-03-23-10-17-46-TNX14.wav"
    [ERROR]: [FFmpegLib]: Failed to close ffmpeg process
    [LOG]: [FFmpegLib]: DEST URL: /WORKING/LIFEGUARD\2018-03-23-10-20-51-1YGP3.mp4
    [LOG]: [FFmpegLib]: Build command: "/Assets/StreamingAssets/RockVR/FFmpeg/OSX/ffmpeg" -f rawvideo -pix_fmt rgb24 -r 30 -s 1920x1080 -i - -y -preset ultrafast -pix_fmt yuv420p -vcodec libx264 -crf 18 -vf vflip -framerate 30 -tune zerolatency "\2018-03-23-10-20-51-1YGP3.mp4"
    -------

38. Martinez430834

Martinez430834

Hi,
    I purchased the pro version of Video Capture because I was satisfied with the results of the free version. The free version captured my VR environment in 360 just fine, aside from the sped up playback that should be fixed. However, in the pro version when I capture my scene with my HTC VIVE headset for 360 panorama capture the playback video has a weird cubed mirror effect that I can’t seem to fix (photo below). Even the 360 video capture demo with the default settings has this effect when I view the video.
    The only difference in setup between the two versions that I noticed is the attachment of a scene camera that is set to be the “capture camera” even though 360CapturePro Script already has a camera it automatically attaches. If there is a simple solution to fix this, please let me know.
    I wrote an email to dev@rockvr.com weeks ago and received no feedback

39. tsggp

tsggp

Hi, I'm trying to use this to record a normal non-panoramic video, but the canvas GUI won't show up. I set the Recorder to be dedicated since it's not the main camera and set its captureGUI bool to true via script before starting to record. Audio and video are working fine but the UI won't show up in the recording.

40. TheMrTyner

TheMrTyner

Hello, I recently purchased the CaptureVR Pro version. It's working great with the exception of one thing. The camerascreen displays black when I record. I don't doubt that I'm doing something wrong but is this a known issue? Everything else works great.

Also, (and more importantly) I would like to use your tool to capture a single frame of video. I saw the Screenshot.cs in the assets so I added it to my 2nd camera. It too renders black until after the screenshot is taken. Do you have a procedure for implementing Screenshot.cs?

Thank you!

41. toddnv

toddnv

same here they are the worst they dont care anymore ask for a refund and report them to the asset store I have been trying for weeks to get an answer Screenshot (8).png store

42. toddnv

toddnv

Screenshot (8).png Hey guys this is the 5th time trying to get this problem solved we really need some help here.
    everything you have suggested so far does not work.
    here is the issue.
    there is a transparent box around your capture camera it illuminates when a particle system is expanding near it and creating illuminated walls. (PICS ATTACHED)
    we want to turn that box off we have sent numerous emails and no response. we are happy to have you solve this problem for us as soon as possible.
    please get back to us we can not find another asset to use to do what we need to do.
    Your help in a timely fashion is greatly appreciated.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/62tn6hg219gpaqy/AADNpgoIo5jrvB7Ae5sBTXMpa?dl=0
    We have a timeline closing in on us please get back to us ASAP.

43. unity_BnLuI3v5yHPcyw

unity_BnLuI3v5yHPcyw

Good morning, my name is Rodrigo. I'm from Brazil. Does "Video Capture for Android" work for augmented reality? I would like to record a video while it participated in augmented reality, saving the video on the phone itself.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  44. DannyWoo

DannyWoo

i bought pro version and it is not working with unity 2018.1 version.

if you don't want upgrade any more then plz open source to your buyer to update it themself

45. feyer

feyer

Dear RockVR Team,
    I purchased the Pro version, but since then the video quality dropped drastically. Why is the encode quality menu away in the pro version?
    How can I get the video quality I got from the free version?

46. SuperNbie

SuperNbie

I tested free version. It's awesome.

but I can't get video file with sound.
    this only capture to separate sound file.

Can I get captured video with sound?

47. wonderlandtech

wonderlandtech

How to remove those feedback messages in the android version like the path and "recorder is running " and "recorder stopped"

48. wonderlandtech

wonderlandtech

also why it screw my app name (android) it become rockvr.com.bla bla

49. wonderlandtech

wonderlandtech

i fix that by fixing the plugin/androidmainfist thing

50. wonderlandtech

wonderlandtech

this one is really important it's really screwing the video