Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASE] RockVR - VR Capture (Efficient and Convenient Recording Video)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rockvr, Sep 6, 2017.

1. rockvr

rockvr

TopTexture.png
    VR Capture (Video Capture Included)

Latest version 1.0.3 - Released 05 September 2017

VR Capture is a plugin that enables you, the Unity developer, to capture video and audio from your Unity application. It’s great for recording video trailers, demos and in-app footage for your Unity-based game or app. It’s fast, flexible and easy to use. When the video is recorded, you decide how it’s handled. Give your users complete freedom to share it, restrict it to playback from within your app, or anything in between.

http://www.rockvr.com/vrcapture

Features:
    • 8K video capture
    • Capture video from any setup camera
    • Capture audio inside scene
    • Easy to use
    • Multi camera capture simultaneously
    • Flat stereo capture
    • 360 stereo capture
    • 360 video capture
    • Oculus Rift interaction
    • HTC Vive interaction
    • Remove watermark
    • GPU encoder (Windows only)

Module:
    PackageFolder.png
    • RockVR/Video/Demo: Includes the scene file and all other assets for a fully functional demonstration of VR and Video Capture.
    • RockVR/Video/Prefab: Includes useful prefabs can be dragged and dropped in to your scene.
    • RockVR/Packages: Include the Vive and Rift interaction module and sample demo, which will help you quickly understand how to integrate VR Capture plugin in the VR game scene.
    Performance:

You could get real-time capture of high frame rate video by utilize powerful GPU encoder without sacrifice game performance.

Below is profiler window compare of real-time 360 video capture without and with GPU encoder:

360 Video Capture (without GPU encoder):

Free.png

360 Video Capture Pro (with GPU encoder):

Pro.png

Getting Started:

Video Capture Component Guide

Video Capture Pro Component Guide

Oculus Rift Component Guide

HTC Vive Component Guide

Show Case:

Download:

Video Capture: http://u3d.as/Dna

Video Capture Pro: http://u3d.as/Srt

VR Capture: http://u3d.as/Dnc

VR Capture Pro: http://u3d.as/U7t

VR Capture Pro Demo: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1vjQbmLzHH_ZTd5WVg1RkpCa3M

If you have any feedback to VR Capture plugin, please email us directly, your suggestion will be very valuable to us. If you plan integrate a plugin into your game, please contact us by dev@rockvr.com and we will provide more help to let you share your awesome game more efficient.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  2. GTk_vin

GTk_vin

Good video recorder with moderate difficulty to integrate, but when you get it done, it work perfect!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  3. rockvr

rockvr

Hi, thanks for supporting video capture. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

4. rockvr

rockvr

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  5. gaufrette

gaufrette

Good evening,

I have just purchased VideoCapture Pro for Unity (5.6.1f1), and I use it in my project to record video stream from my camera (Kinect V2).
    The problem I had is that the app crashes, after few attempts, sometimes, from the first attempts, sometimes more ...

Is it a known issue ?

My configuration :

I7 6700 HQ
    GTX 960M
    16GB

InitionInternNayif likes this.
  6. rockvr

rockvr

Hi, thanks for your post.

Could you please tell me more details about the problem you have? And what's the format of your want to capture flat or panoramic? I still need you to provide some screenshots and debug information about your problem.

I will deal with your questions as soon as I receive this information.

Thanks

7. neosurpass

neosurpass

I purchased Video Capture Pro.
    But there is a very fatal problem.
    The free version of this asset can record screens in Unity Editor, but Pro version can not record screens in unity editor for macOS

The GPUCaptureLib module to be used by Unity Editor for macOS is missing.
    It is very disappointing.

I bought the Pro version for screen recording and watermark removal in "Unity Editor for macOS".
    (Not used in actual builds)

8. rockvr

rockvr

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

VideoCapture and VideoCapturePro use two different recording methods. VideoCapturePro uses GPU encoding to record video. VideoCapture uses ffmpeg to record video. In the plug-in Pro version, all the recording methods are no watermark. You need to delete the previous plug-in, and then restart the re-import new version of the plug-in.

About support macOS, the GPU encoder unsupported macOS temporarily. We will continue to focus on and develop this module. If we add this feature, we will email you.

9. neosurpass

neosurpass

Thanks for the quick answer.

In Windows Unity Editor, the watermark is successfully removed.
    However, the unity editor for macOS still prints the watermark.

I deleted the old version completely, re-imported the Pro version unitypackage, but it does not work.
    I used VideoCapture, VideoCaptureCtrl, and VideoCaptureUI, and the Unity version is 5.6.3f1.

In addition, if you record using VideoCapturePro (Ctrl) in Unity Editor for Windows, the image will be output abnormally at 2737x2048(iPad) resolution.

And when using VideoCapture (Ctrl), AntiAlias> = 2, only black screen is output.

10. rockvr

rockvr

Hi, could you please send some screenshot about your problem to me? Our email is dev@rockvr.com. I will send the macOS native to your without watermark. About exception output, you could set the Dedicated Camera(VideoCapturePro) as true. If false, it will recording window resolution. I think this may be the reason.

11. Eriks-indesign

Eriks-indesign

12. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Hi

It seems VideoCapturePro is not able to record the Canvas overlay. Is that correct?

I opened your Demo_05_VideoCapturePro demo scene.
    Added a canvas image (Screen space overlay) in front of the camera

The resulting video does not include the canvas image, is there any way to fix that?

Edit: Seems to only be a problem with dedicated camera

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    varan941 likes this.
  13. rockvr

rockvr

Hi, thanks for supporting VideoCapture.

Could you please give me more information about this problem? I think that it some property has set error. If you could recording a video, I think it will help me to solve this problem as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your supporting.

MAGIK_NASA likes this.
  14. rockvr

rockvr

Hi, thanks for your supporting.

We have supporting to capture GUI in the newest version. If your need to recording GUI, you could set camera as dedicated camera. I think it can solve your problem.

Kevin

15. EliteBWL

EliteBWL

I've downloaded VR capture, but when trying to run Demo_01 / Demo_02 (in Unity 5.6.3) I get the error of:
    error CS0103: the name 'VideoCaptureProCtrl' does not exist in the current context.

Thanks

16. rockvr

rockvr

Thanks for your feedback.

As to this problem, you can remove the code associated with the error. The VideoCaptureProCtrl is Pro version code. We have fixed this bug in the newest version.

Bests, Kevin.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  17. bysharde

bysharde

In Demo_01_VideoCapture.scene, modify the code like this,

else if (VideoCaptureCtrl.instance.status == VideoCaptureCtrl.StatusType.FINISH)
    {
    if (GUI.Button (new Rect (10, Screen.height - 60, 150, 50), "Start Again!")) {
    VideoCaptureCtrl.instance.StartCapture();
    }
    }

That is, starting capture several times may mostly failed. The h264 file and wav file do not mux properly as firstly.

Testing info:
    Video Capture Pro 1.03&1.06
    Unity Pro 5.6.0
    Win10 64bit.

18. rockvr

rockvr

As to your problem, the reason is that the last run of the calling thread has not been cleaned up. This bug is ffmpeg's problem. If you need to video capture repeatedly, you could try to use VideoCapturePro to capture. We have detail samples and documents in README file. If you insist on using VideoCapture to repeat recording. You can clear all components recorded after each finished recording and then dynamically load it. Or you can set a waiting time when you need to start again.

Bests, Kevin.

19. mimminito

mimminito

Hi,

So I have tested out the free version of the plugin (VR and Video Capture). I am having an issue getting it to record within VR (I need to record from the users perspective), and I have noticed that if the application is closed or quit then it throws a lot of errors and leaves an open recording session on disk, which at times requires a reboot to fix. Any chance of updating the plugin so that when the app is closed (or in the editor when play mode is stopped) it stops the recording and cleans everything up?

Thanks,
    Adam

20. rockvr

rockvr

Hi, Adam.

As to your problem, we have the end of the recording operation when the accident is closed. I think the reason for throwing the error is due to VideoCaptureCtrl in debug. You can determine whether the recording has ended, if not finished waiting for recording to complete and then exit. We will continue to optimize this part of the code, to minimize such errors occur.

Thank again for your support. If you have some better idea to solve this problem, please email me or write in here. Our Email: dev@rockvr.com.

Best,Kevin.

21. daniploeger

daniploeger

Hi!

I have tried to use your plugin, but I keep receiving the following error message:
    [VideoMuxing::Muxing] Mux process failed!

I can view the recorded video, but it is not saved.

The log file ends with:
    [ERROR]: [FFmpegLib]: Failed to close ffmpeg process

Is there a solution/work-around for this?

Many thanks!
    Dani
    Unity 2017.1.1f1 / MacOSX 10.11.6

22. rockvr

rockvr

Hi. Thanks for your feedback. I am so sorry to know that you've having issues with our plugins.

We have a detailed description of the plug-in changes to how to use, if you have any questions can use the mail contact us.

As to your problem. You can try to record the video without sound to see if this is running properly. If the operation is not normal you could click menu button "Fix FFmpeg Permission for OSX". All of the path must be english. If also fail, you could send some screenshot to our email. Email: dev@rockvr.com. We will solve it as soon as possible.

Best, Kevin.

23. Klamore74

Klamore74

Hi,

I'm evaluating the purchase of VR capture PRO, but I have some question:

- How can I move the "center" of panorama recorded, I want that the user feel like if was on rail or something like that
    - How to use metadata?

Sorry if I miss some docs.

Bests,
    Moreno

24. nikosurfing

nikosurfing

Hi,
    I have just purchased VideoCapture for Android, i tested and it works perfect. I have some question:

1. How can i show the video to the default gallery android? So, the user can share their recorded video gameplay to social media.
    Also i found the bug, when "Save Folder" is not empty, the app crashed while starting to capture video.
    2. My app have a feature to record gameplay and user can download their gameplay. How to record default internal audio from app, not microphone?. Its weird when record video gameplay but the sound is came from microphone

Thank you, worth asset.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  25. rockvr

rockvr

Our Android plugin just support capture screen and microphone audio.

We plan to improve this plugin in the next year.

Thanks again for your support.

Kevin.

26. nikosurfing

nikosurfing

Thanks for the answer, but you missed the first quetion. How to save the video file to gallery since the "Save Folder" has a bug (when type string then the app is force closed)

27. Braza

Braza

App behaves very unstable.
    I wasn't able to record anything until I enabled debug mode and joined with profiler. I still can't find if video was recorded at all, but I see the following exceptions, maybe they mean something to you. Phome is Nexus 5.

Also it crashes right on record start if do not allow to use microphone with same diagnostics (which mentions recording "stop" and that is weird.

28. geradesigner

geradesigner

When I determine a location to write the error in the application and it closes what it can be ??

Ex.. Save Folder: PlayVideos

Not save in crash app

29. rockvr

rockvr

Could you please give me more information about your project and how plugin are you use? If convenient, please send some screenshot to our email about your error and our plugin component setting.OUr Email: dev@rockvr.com

I will deal with your issure when I received your reply.

Best, Kevin.

30. rockvr

rockvr

Hi,

After I restart the phone, I can find the recorded video in the library. I am also looking there is no better way to deal with this issue.

We are doing another project for the time being. New features for Android plug-in R & D needs next year. We will perfect Video Capture For Android as soon as next year

Best, Kevin

31. geradesigner

geradesigner

this is my problem, the plugin does not save in the gallery of the smartphone and yes in its default directory. Do you have any updates for this plugin? because I have a project stopped because of it.

32. rockvr

rockvr

I'm very sorry, we have no plans to update in the near future. We plan to start a new iteration plan in April or May next year.

33. fasyoki

fasyoki

Hi,

I gave a try to the free version of this tool and there I could not import ffmpeg.exe to my Assets folder. I don't know the reason, but it did not allow me to test the tool. I understand that the process with the free and pro version is different but it seems to me that ffmpeg.exe is part of both packages. Now do you have an idea, what the problem might be? I am using the latest version of Unity (2017.2.0f3) on Windows 10 op. system. Thanks for your reply in advance.

Best, Gabor

34. qianjiahur1997_unity

qianjiahur1997_unity

Hi

When i am using HTC Vive, if i can use it to record the video of the head set, and play it in my vive?

35. KruegerT

KruegerT

Hi there,

is it possible to define a length of the capture, so that the clip will never be longer than e.g. 2 seconds?
    The scenario would be to just capture the last few seconds before something happens for multiple cameras.

Best wishes,
    Thomas

36. rockvr

rockvr

Could you please give me more information about your problem? I think there is a limit to the .exe file on your computer, if you can't import ffmpeg.exe to your project. If it is convenient, I hope you can record the video of the operation to me. Our email: dev@rockvr.com

Best, Kevin.

37. rockvr

rockvr

Our plugin support capture video from head set, but we unsupport play it in vive. Our plugin didn't do too much to play video development and research.You can refer to the official play module, hoping to help you.

Best, Kevin.

38. rockvr

rockvr

You could set the time of you wan to record in VideoCaptureCtrl component. If I understand the error, please describe your needs in detail.

Best, Kevin.

39. KruegerT

KruegerT

Hi Kevin,

it's not about an error, but a feature request (or maybe I missed where to set it).

To describe the current flow:
    I can start the recording manually and stop it manually. That's fine. But all the time, the video length will be the full capture. All I want is the last few seconds before I stop it - no matter how long it records.

One method would be to cut the video afterwards, but if long sessions will be recorded, the video storage space would grow immense. Of course I don't now the background work of the engine and how easy or possible at all this would be.

40. Barritico

Barritico

The documentation is very scarce and it is not updated. Or, maybe, I do not find it.

I'm trying to see how to set up the "multi camera" and I do not see any tutorials. In the examples I do not see any either.

Please I need help.

Thanks a lot.

41. rockvr

rockvr

As to your problem, you just need to create more new VideoCapture camera and add this camera to VideoCaptureCtrl.VideoCaptures list. But it just support use VideoCapture component, the VideoCapturePro unsupport "multi camera" to capture video.

If you have any other problem, please contact us by email. I can help you solve the problem by way of screenshots.

Best, Kevin.

42. rockvr

rockvr

Hi.

You can set a bool value to control the start of the recording, then stop recording when it really ends. This is very simple, you can refer to the control of our demo to start and end the recorded code. If you are not in a hurry, I can help you modify the code after Christmas.

Best,Kevin.

43. elisabcdc

elisabcdc

Hi.
    I am using Video Capture Pro for Unity and it works great!
    I have just one issue and I wonder if you might help me.
    My project (Windows standalone) needs to record a video of the screen (game play) and record the microphone audio simultaneously. Although I am able to play the microphone audio in the scene and record it, I do not want my users to listen to their own voices.
    So would it be possible to record the audio directly from an Audio Mixer or Audio Source, instead of recording from the Audio Listener?
    Thank you and best regards.

44. Chandramohan-Pal

Chandramohan-Pal

Hi.
    I am using Video Capture Pro for Unity.
    The Demo scene Demo_05_VideoCapturePro is not working for me, while Demo_01_VideoCapture is working fine.In Unity Editor, I am not getting any error, but also not getting any video as output. Can you please help.
    Thank you

45. rockvr

rockvr

Hi, Thanks for your feedback.

You problem is that your audio device unsupported GPU encoder. You could set the VideoCaptureProCtrl component porperty UseGPUEncoderCaptureAudio as false. and restart unity. I think it can help you to solve your problem.

Best, Kevin.

46. rockvr

rockvr

Sorry, we have no way to record complex audio settings for now. We currently only support the recording of audio data from the audio listener. However, we will add this feature to our roadmap. If we add an update to our forums Iteration instructions.

If you have some good ideas, please contact us and we will give some reward.

Best, Kevin.

47. dornseif

dornseif

48. dornseif

dornseif

I tried the free version first of VR Capture. Liked what I saw but then when I clicked the link from free version to buy pro version it takes you to Video Capture version Page, which is supposed to be included free with VR Capture by the way. I bought it with out realizing it didn't have the VR capture in it, which is the main reason for purchase. I almost feal like this is on purpose because after buying the correct version and asking Unity for refund, they refused. Saying I need publishers authorization which I have not received after requesting. Also I checked today and the link still takes you to incorrect page. At the least I would like to see the link fixed by unity or publisher to prevent it happening to anyone else. It was an eye opener to see how badly Unity treats developers who purchase in good faith.

49. rockvr

rockvr

Hi. Thanks for your feedback. I am so sorry to know that you've having issues with our plugins. I will refund your as soon as possible.

Kevin.

50. Yasei_no_otoko

Yasei_no_otoko

How to offline render with Video Capture Pro?
    When I try 360capture with Video Capture basic, good offline render but I can record only few seconds(by memory issue)
    When I try 360capture with Video Capture Pro, good tweaks but I can record only online render(framerate break)

I want to use 360capture Pro with GPU encoder and Offline Render

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017