Search Unity

1. We would like to hear your feedback about Unity and our products. Click here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Release Notes post should get a message with every update

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Arokma, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Arokma

Arokma

Hi,
    I am following Collab for a while and am regularly checking the changelog (I must say that the one shown with the link from the package manager is pretty messy and not up to date).
    The one in the collaborate forum is a good idea and up to date, apart from last preview 17. However, the Unity forum system doesn't highlight an edited message so when you edit the changelog, there are no visual clue that something changed, not even the date of the last message.
    Could you post something along changes in order to quickly know if anything changed since last time ?

That would be great ! And surely would encourage people to check it before posting about bugs already written in the changelog post...
    (I am personally checking it quite often as I am still hesitating to update to Collab 2.0.0)
    @StaceyH

2. StaceyH

StaceyH

Unity Technologies

Hi @Arokma - Thanks for the feedback! I was just chatting with the team on the package manager release notes and I am looking at updating those. Should have them in tip-top shape soon.

I didn't realize that it wasn't highlighting the release notes post to let you know that changes were made. I will start adding a reply to the thread to cause it to 'dirty' so you'll be able to tell easier. Let me know if that doesn't help.

Lastly - Good catch on preview 17 notes - I've just updated it to include them.

3. Arokma

Arokma

Great!
    I just checked and finally saw the highlighting thanks to your post about preview 17 ;)

Thanks for taking the time to post about it, it will now be clearer.