Search Unity

[RELEASE] InspectorFactory - create custom inspectors for shader without coding

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TomH, Apr 18, 2014.

1. TomH

TomH

Hello!
    I am really happy to finally share my newest asset with you. With the InspectorFactory, you can easily replace the ugly default inspector for almost any shader and visually create custom inspectors for your workflow. No coding necessary (although possible if you want to).

Now also avaiable as Inspector Factory Pro, which can export your custom inspector as a C# source file. These are standard MaterialEditor classes that can be used by any Unity user (no dependencies to Inspector Factory or other libraries) and - of course - can also be included in your own assets for the AssetStore.

AssetStore Links

Features
    • Define custom inspectors for any shader
    • Simple interface without any coding
    • No additional overhead for your build
    • Foldouts, groups and scrollviews - even nested
    • Preview your inspector while building it
    • Share inspectors using JSON text snippets
    • Make your material editor interactive with buttons and conditional blocks
    • API to create custom editor elements
    • Including extensive tutorial (PDF)
    • Works with Unity Indie and Pro
    • Convert your Inspector to a C# MaterialEditor source file (Inspector Factory Pro only)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  2. TomH

TomH

3. TomH

TomH

The new update has passed the review and is available in the AssetStore.
    The data file has been replaced by individual JSON-files to simplify versioning and sharing. Also released a new version "Inspector Factory Pro" that can generate C# source files for your inspectors. These can be shared with any Unity user (no Inspector Factory is needed) and can also be included in assets for the AssetStore.

Still, Feedback is highly appreciated (it's hard to be found in this forum :) )

4. Nimda001_2

Nimda001_2

Hi TomH, really i'm interested in your asset, but i would like to try or see first (video) how it works ...
    Could you make a little demostration ??
    Thanks.