Search Unity

[RELEASE] Hyperview

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BrUnO-XaVIeR, Nov 2, 2012.

1. fano_linux

fano_linux

disponha brother...

2. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

To have a custom Marquee Menu filled by the user

3. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Oh I see. Would be much easier just to edit the source code, you can simply add/remove buttons on the marquee menu and at its event function you can change its action to call your specific function from your own classes.
    To have custom actions on this menu I would need to create a menu editor, that is too much for me at the moment, I will take note of this but I can't guarantee I will come up with a solution for this. I was already planning something like this a custom toolbar menu where I want to put instant C# code actions on it in form of buttons, after I see if the toolbar has any future I will have my eyes on this :)

4. reddotgames

reddotgames

feature request : list horizontal wrap around
    now all list is like this
    [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10]....

it would be nice to wrap around to window size
    [1][2][3]
    [4][5][6]
    [7][8][9]

now at bigger scenes list is very long and I must scroll so much right to get to the last gameobject - mouse wheel don't help because its scroll it vertical only

5. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

You say the list tree of game objects, right;
    This is nice idea, I would need to experiment with the code that builds the trees;
    Proly this would require me to re-write tree generation, lock scrollbar expansion and re-work node culling. I will add to my notes and see what I can come up with this :)

6. Venged

Venged

I can't get it to work in Unity 4 Free. The Hyperview window is blank and will not allow me to remove or minimize it. Am I doing something wrong?

Robert

7. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Can you please post a screenshot? Any error log on Unity's console?

8. Venged

Venged

9. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Robert, you are using Hyperview for Unity 3.5 while you are running Unity 4;
    Please, delete that DLL and extract the one that is inside the zip file. That one works on Unity 4 :)

10. Venged

Venged

Thanks!!! This looks great. How can I dock it to a window?

Robert

11. Venged

Venged

I figured it out. Thanks. Very nice product!!!!

12. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Thank you! :)

13. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

@RedDot
    I sometimes forget most Windows users have mouse with only vertical scroll wheel, so I focused on this issue.
    I am sorry to say I can't do the same cubic division we see on materials panel and other utilities because for the hierarchy code there are too many nested GUILayout groups, I tried to do it that way but it quickly became a total mess so the option I could work on is binary, either you have a horizontal or a vertical list of root nodes; This is good enough for mouses with vert scroll wheels I think?!

Hope this helps, will be available on next update, cheers!

14. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

I like the vertical listing! In the video the Marquee-Menu pops up a little slow, maybe increase the animation speed a bit to give a faster experience.

15. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Yes, that is a weird issue. When I open Unity and don't click outside of scene-view it pops so fast I cant even see the movement... But if I click on any other panel, hyperview, hierarchy, project panel or whatever... Unity holds a lot the refresh rate of Sceneview and the Gui animates slow like that.
    I have no idea why Unity does that, I know inspectors updates only 10 times per frame so I wonder if that is the case for Handles as well or that is just an editor bug.

16. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Have you tried to manually Repaint() the scene view on each update while the menu needs to be animated? That must help, I believe.

17. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Sure, to tell the truth I don't remember if I am repainting on that piece of code, I will check it out as soon as I go back to office, thanks!

Edit: Yes, using 'SceneView.RepaintAll();' and still happens the same, must be something Unity internal, I've just increased foldout speed for the menu.
    I also forgot to tell the vertical listing can't be saved to prefs, whole initialization logic expects the panel to start on horizontal listing else GUILayout starts broken, so I've added a shortcut alt+v to toggle that;
    It will reset to horizontal only if you close and re-open the panel though.
    I've also re-writen rect culling for nodes that have passed Y scroll when in vert list, so that mode will be naturally faster to render than horizontal lists.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  18. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Hello guys, passing by to reiterate what is under work for the next update.
    It is taking sometime to finish because new tools are part of an overall functionality that I want to achieve which is record 'macros' of actions for the editor, just like the macros we use in Photoshop.
    To achieve this I had to mess a bit with auto creation of scripts and some other weird stuff.
    So here is a list of what is coming:

[Hierarchy]:
    º New panel to filter object trees by components. (done)
    º New panel to filter object trees by object's tag. (done)
    º New panel to filter object trees by physic layer. (done)
    º Node's popup-menu(right click): Added 'Create Prefab' button. (done)
    º Command bar. (done)

[New Tools]:
    º Compilation of C# commands. (done)
    º Event system. (basically done)
    º C# automatic logs for macros. (basically done)
    º Heads-up displays. (done)
    º Marquee-menu. (basically done)
    º Shelf for macros. (basically done)
    º Shelf on marquee-menu. (done)

The harder part of all this is generating appropriate logs that can be used as a shelf button. I want to log everything meaningful like selecting, moving, rotating, scale objects in scene and so on and save the list of such actions as macros...
    The shelf itself is already working, I plan on adding a way to set custom icons for each button, but at this moment I have no icon library available for this.

Shelf:

Overall interface, I try to not eat much screen space from scene and game views:

A shelf button can be as simple as this:
    Code (csharp):
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. public class ShelfButton : Shelf {
    5.     public override void Run() {
    6.         Debug.Log("Hello world!");
    7.     }
    9. }
    You can simply create a script yourself or save action logs as a shelf button:

When you create a new shelf button, as soon as Unity compiles the class your new shelf button will show up on the list and to run the code you simply click its button, no need to create an object in scene and add the code as component or waste time creating editor windows just to run a piece of code...

So, internal version here is at 1.1, but I still don't know when all new stuff will be ready to ship, anyways I will try to accomplish all goals before the end of this year if possible, however the convertion to free version I'm quite sure is not coming this month.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot; Flipbookee is kind to, in future release of his Script Inspector, provide an API or interface/whatever to let other devs' tools like Hyperview to have syntax highlighting for anything text/code related for users that have both tools installed. This is very cool, I wait to see how that turns out. Until later, cheers!

Edit again: And this was my 1Kth post, yay forum addiction!!

Edit: Basic functionality of macros and shelf buttons...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  19. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Hey guys, 1.1.0 source version has been submitted to Asset Store; Hopefully won't take long to be accepted.
    I hope you guys find a nice use for news tools just like I did, I will post again to tell when the package was accepted; I'm working on the free version now. Till there!

Some sample scripts for the 'shelf' are shipping with it, for you guys to take a look and have a reference to build your own buttons.
    I plan on creating many other shelf buttons latter on and post here as a package, so we can share custom editor actions faster than waiting for Asset Store approval, enjoy:

Oh, and happy new year! :)

20. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Guys, 1.1 source is up on Asset Store; Enjoy! :)

21. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

I've submitted an update for 1.1; I forgot to test some minor stuff on Windows and there is a problem with the control key, so I had to change marquee menu popups for when Shift key is held down.
    I've also submitted the free version with all new features, soon UT will publish it.

Wow, UT already released both packages!

Note: Default DLL is now for Unity 4. If you still use Unity 3.x, delete default DLL and extract the one inside of "Hyperview_Unity3.zip". Enjoy :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  22. TheSin

TheSin

Ive just accidently stumbled across this. Must say, wow tbis is fantastic.

23. ultraviol3nt

ultraviol3nt

StumbleUpon brought me here, so I'd say it knows me well xD Glad it did, this looks fantastic!

24. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Thanks guys! :)
    I still working on actions for the shelf bar. Im quite out of ideas, of younguys have any suggestions or requests please just tell me!

25. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

I came across an unreported bug in Hyperview.cs; From lines 1353 to 1359. This:
    Code (csharp):
    2.     if (ActiveMeshFilter) {
    3.         if (ActiveMeshFilter != Selection.activeGameObject.GetComponent<MeshFilter>()) {ActiveMeshFilter = null; return 0;}
    4.         return ActiveMeshFilter.sharedMesh.triangles.Length/3;
    5.     } else {
    6.         if (ActiveSkinnedMesh != Selection.activeGameObject.GetComponent<SkinnedMeshRenderer>()) {ActiveSkinnedMesh = null; return 0;}
    7.         return ActiveMeshFilter.sharedMesh.triangles.Length/3;
    8.     }
    Should be this:
    Code (csharp):
    2.     if (ActiveMeshFilter) {
    3.         if (ActiveMeshFilter != Selection.activeGameObject.GetComponent<MeshFilter>()) {ActiveMeshFilter = null; return 0;}
    4.         try{return ActiveMeshFilter.sharedMesh.triangles.Length/3;}catch{return 0;}
    5.     } else {
    6.         if (ActiveSkinnedMesh != Selection.activeGameObject.GetComponent<SkinnedMeshRenderer>()) {ActiveSkinnedMesh = null; return 0;}
    7.         try{return ActiveMeshFilter.sharedMesh.triangles.Length/3;}catch{return 0;}
    8.     }
    Not a dungerous bug, but may generate annoying exceptions in Console when you select Prefabs in Project panel.
    Source owners can easily edit it; I dunno when I will submit an update for the free version. It's a very harmless bug.

And here goes a handy button for your Hyperview's shelf. I am using this a lot for my project, may be of some use for you too maybe.
    It creates a child object and then copies parent's mesh and increases it a bit to create a kind of 'envelope'.
    So in my project I attach a dissolving shader and a script to animate it and in-game looks like the object has been materialized in the area:
    Have fun! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  26. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Hello folks! Just to let you know that I decided to leave the free version compatible with Unity 3.5.
    However I won't update that one anymore because UT is leaving 3.5 and I also think is just time to let it go...

For the source code users, I will submit an update soon with a better log output panel fixing the text input bugs caused by default UnityGUI.
    I won't add there syntax highlighting since I can't afford for now to invest the time required to learn how to do that.
    Also I really don't think that is something really necessary for now. I still want to do it before the end of this year, but for now there's no way.
    I could do it using RichText tags, but that totally breaks a lot of other things and there's some other time consuming but better ways of doing that so I won't go into it for now.

And the more important point: Open source tools will be updated for Unity 4.x only, that means I will leave Unity 3.x behind so if you are using this for Unity 3, consider using Hyperview free. You still can use it with Unity 3 if you replace Preview functions, but I won't support code directed to 3 since I have my own reasons to not use Unity 3 anymore. Ok?! kay. Cheers and till later!

Edit: Update submited. Warning: If you update, remove Editor Default Resource / Hyperview folder from your project before upgrading. Else, the new IO functions will get crazy.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  27. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Hello!
    Passing by to tell update is coming soon, supporting Unity 4.3 changes;
    Also a HUGE price drop, if you plan on getting this utility I'd suggest you to keep your eyes on it, will be $5 bucks until january, Cheers.

28. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Bugs on the C# commands interpreter for Unity 4.3+ fixed.

29. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Updated with a little replacement for Unity’s default Transform inspector.
    With this one we can change snap settings and apply to the transform at the same time:

Edit:
    Many basic component inspectors have been re-worked:
    $InspectorsII_zpsdcfd395c.jpg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014