Search Unity

[Release] FMETP STREAM: All-in-One GameView + Audio Stream + Remote Desktop Control(UDP/TCP/Web)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by thelghome, Apr 30, 2019.

1. thelghome

thelghome

[v1.098] Submitted & will be available soon
    -Added Microphone Streaming Example

2. gerd

gerd

Hello
    I have a question about NetworkDiscovery. Server Client
    - Desktop to Desktop works
    - iPhone (Client) to Desktop (Server) works
    - iPAD (Server) to Desktop (Client) Server not found
    - iPAD (Server) to iPhone (Client) Server not found.

The same issue with your demo's gameview streaming.

cheers, Gerd

3. thelghome

thelghome

Thanks for your report!
    May I know the specs of your ipad and iphone, and iOS version?

We haven’t found auto network discovery issue between ipad pro and iphone. Are you testing with FM Network Streaming demo?

Have you tried it in different Wifi environment?

Please let us know more details if possible. We will try to re-produce this bug and fix it.

4. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

Is it possible to control a Oculus quest app with my cell phone with your asset?

5. thelghome

thelghome

Yes, we have networking demo via UDP/TCP/WebSockets. You can send a command message or byte[] in one line function.

6. thelghome

thelghome

[v1.098] update notes
    PS: well, the UDP live streaming demo is actually a video chat demo after adding Microphone streaming supported.
    I didn't realise this and I also forgot to mention this before. hope this post will solve people's concerns.

7. thelghome

thelghome

Streaming Demo between iOS & Android

8. chemara

chemara

I tried your plugin (purchased it two weeks back)

it is able to transmit a 512x512 resolution stream between two desktop apps (separate machines) in unity with 30fps.

how to transmit high-quality Full HD stream with 30FPS?

I saw that it uses RenderTexture and Textutre2D.EncodeJPG(), is there any better/efficient approach to this?

any help would be appreciated.

9. thelghome

thelghome

You may increase the resolution/fps in GameVideoEncoder settings. you can test it on your machine.

For the encoder part, "EncodeJPG()" is not the best way, but I choose it due to few concerns below.
    1. can it work on all platforms?
    2. small byte[] size after encoder?
    3. minimum setup, without any 3rd library?

and feel free to send us email if you need further help.

chemara likes this.
  10. Andy3D

Andy3D

Hi,
    Im looking at buying one of your Apps for my project, but first just need to know if its a good fit:
    I have an Admin app running on an Android tablet that needs to control an app running on an Oculus Go headset.
    The Admin app needs to send config info, and start/stop scenes running on the headset.
    The admin app and the headset will be running in the same room, so ideally will use a local wireless connection.
    The Admin app also needs to be able to see what the headset is seeing, so some kind of camera,
    and a log of what the user is looking at, what scene they are in.
    Is this possible with one of your assets and if so which one - FM Network UDP or the FM Exhibition Toolpack?
    Many Thanks

11. thelghome

thelghome

If you only need to send some simple commands, FM Network UDP is good enough for your project. The full tool pack includes other networking solutions and streaming demo, and you may upgrade from FM Network UDP to Full Tool Pack later.

Andy3D likes this.
  12. Andy3D

Andy3D

thats great, thanks! you have a new customer :)
    thinking about it some more I dont need to show a full camera feature on the Admin side, just a screenshot of what the user sees when they click something in the VR demo. Will I be able to send a screenshot using the FM Network UDP version, or should I go for the full version for that feature?

13. thelghome

thelghome

FM Network UDP supports sending string message or byte[]. It's not necessary to get full version, if you have basic knowledge of sending an image.

But if you are curious about my examples in full version, you are welcome to try.
    I suggested that you can get FM Network UDP first, as it's always upgradable without extra cost.

and feel free to email us if you need more technical support.

14. thelghome

thelghome

Oculus GO Live Streaming Demo.

15. thelghome

thelghome

Share your Game View between Oculus Go and iPad Pro

16. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

Can't quite get my head around what this asset could do for me, but will probably pick it up in the sale.The idea of being able to view on a tablet what an Oculus Quest user is seeing seems incredibly useful.

Can I check whether this can be used for local (LAN-style) networking, i.e. not requiring an internet wifi connection? Perhaps a local wifi router operating as a hotspot?

17. thelghome

thelghome

you can use it in local wifi network without Internet for sure. And we also support Internet solution for those who need. Thanks for your curiosity.

jeromeWork likes this.
  18. thelghome

thelghome

[1994-2019] Golden Calf AR, Seeing yourself in Live Reflection

19. LuciaSystem

LuciaSystem

for the IOS of GStreamer TCP Live Streaming with possiblely least Delay, Is it possible with "FM Exhibition Tool Pack" ?
    My Gstreamer of the Device is this.

"gst-launch-1.0 -v videotestsrc ! x264enc bitrate=500 ! mpegtsmux ! tcpserversink port=5000 host=10.0.0.1"

20. thelghome

thelghome

Sorry, We haven't tested it with GStreamer.
    Our encoder & decoder for live streaming are not designed for x264 codec, as it's a customised solution for developers.
    We focus on providing solution without using any other 3rd party plugin, and cross platform support as priority. All core scripts should be written in C#, readable, and modifiable in Unity3D.

21. kneave

kneave

I'm using a Stereo Pi (https://stereopi.com/) for a robotics project and I'm trying to find a way to get the video from each camera streamed live in to a Windows Mixed Reality headset. I'm a Unity developer by trade and I've done some VR work before but not with live video. Would your asset pack let me view video from this? It's essentially a Raspberry Pi with two cameras.

22. thelghome

thelghome

As far as I know, our plugin runs on UWP(HoloLens, Magic Leap) & Linux and tested by some customers themselves.

If Raspberry is running Linux and support Unity3D, I think it should work.
    If Windows Mixed Reality is also UWP platform, I guess it should be similar setup like HoloLens, with build setting of Net 4.x (IL2CPP).

Hope it solve your concerns.

23. Andy3D

Andy3D

Hi,
    I went ahead and bought the basic pack, thanks for that. I would now like to upgrade to the full FM version. You mentioned an upgrade route - how do we go about that?
    thanks
    Andy

24. thelghome

thelghome

There should be an upgrade button instead of purchase button in Asset Store page, when you login the account which owns the basic version.

25. Andy3D

Andy3D

Thats odd - on the Asset Store page for FM Exhbition Tool Pack I just have the regular 'Add to Cart' button, which adds as a regular buyer (non-upgrade)
    Cant see an Upgrade option... I guess I am missing something?

26. thelghome

thelghome

Maybe during on-sale period, 50% off is already lower than the upgrade price?

27. Andy3D

Andy3D

ah yeh, thats probably it! thx

28. Jelmer123

Jelmer123

Hi, I am looking into streaming a videostream from Azure Kinect to Azure Media Services.
    Could I use this package to encode/decode the video?

edit: ah I now see that this is for local streaming with JPG sequences

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  29. thelghome

thelghome

It's not a plugin for standard streaming services. But, you can setup your own WebSocket Server for Internet Streaming on your own website.

Jelmer123 likes this.
  30. thelghome

thelghome

We uploaded a tutorial video for FM WebSocket Live Streaming Setup. Hope it help someone.

UNSEENWorks likes this.
  31. Juruhn

Juruhn

As far as I understand, this is not based on UNET but a custom (more bare) solution?
    Seems to be exactly what I need.

32. thelghome

thelghome

Correct! Some of our projects were affected when we noticed that UNet was depreciated. We really hate the feeling of something depreciated in our projects, when there are tones of Unity updates weekly.
    Thus, we tried creating networking solutions from ground level ourselves. Finally, we released this plugin with live streaming demo.

We care the need of indie developers. It's all written in C# and easy to modify.

Juruhn likes this.
  33. DoPinG83

DoPinG83

Hello. I purchased your plugin. Is there a way in your solution to prevent audio delay while streaming microphone from iOS/Android device to Desktop/Mobile client?

34. thelghome

thelghome

Thanks for your purchase.
    We are working in progress to solve ~0.5 sec audio delay on Unity playback. We are doing research for native capture & playback solution in order to fix it, sorry for the inconvenience in current version.

We will announce update & progress asap.

35. AlexBerger1983

AlexBerger1983

Hello,

I bought FM Network and i would like a little video tutoriel to implement on my server.

Do you have this ?

Thank you :)

36. thelghome

thelghome

For technical support, please send us an email. Thanks for your purchase!

Support: thelghome@gmail.com

PS: and We will surely upload more tutorial videos on YouTube later.

37. Darkroll

Darkroll

Hi,

I'm looking for other solutions for screen mirroring in Unity since scrcpy opens independent windows and not allows to include the rendering inside one application.

Before buying your asset, I just want to be sure that it suits my use case. I need to be able to share android-based VR headset screen (Oculus Go, Quest, PICO, etc) inside a desktop unity application in the same way that scrcpy does. What I mean is it should stream the screen independently of the application. I prefer to ask because I saw a GameViewEncoder/decoder system in one of your videos.

I agree that is may not be the purpose of your asset but, is it possible, using your asset, to share the screen view from VR headset (since TCP/IP communication is allowed on the headset) inside a unity app by just knowing the headset IP address?

Thanks for your time ;),

38. thelghome

thelghome

I tried to post this demo video here again, in case that you missed.

I guess that’s what you are looking for. We have different demo using UDP/TCP/WebSocket.

some customers have a setup of monitoring multiple VR headset on a computer with our plugin. You can get IP for sure, or you can assign different video label ID for switching different devices. It won’t be difficult to customise your own use case.

hope it solve your concerns, and please feel free to write us email if you have specific task to discuss.

support: thelghome@gmail.com

39. Darkroll

Darkroll

Thanks for your quick answer! So I assume it's working without a specific application on the VR headset and even with no application running to display Oculus Home for instance?

40. thelghome

thelghome

Yes, it’s a pure Unity3D solution. All core source code are readable & modifiable in C#.

41. thelghome

thelghome

[Tutorial] FM Network UDP streaming setup, for the ease of new users.

42. DoPinG83

DoPinG83

Hello. Does your solution supports data streaming between devices with global IP adresses in entire internet or it's only works in home network? The question is about UDP streaming.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  43. thelghome

thelghome

We have FM WebSocket Streaming for public network use, as FM Network UDP is designed for local network.
    It won't be difficult to setup with our youtube guide.

Juruhn likes this.
  44. thelghome

thelghome

Our first AR tutorial, viewing your game view on a virtual TV screen.

45. hieuh

hieuh

Hello, I have a few questions.
    If I purchase the package, can I use the package for commercial apps with some modifications?
    Also if I can, is included timestamp in the network packets for the video streaming?

46. thelghome

thelghome

https://support.unity3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/205623589
    This post might be useful for you.
    The restriction part is "You cannot duplicate an asset, or include it in an asset-type product."
    If you are not re-selling part of my scripts, you can use and modify them for your own commercial apps.

We use int number for frames of video streaming. You can modify/add more meta data for your own use easily, as all core scripts are written in C#. It won't be difficult.

Edited, I noticed that Asset Store does mention this:
    Single Entity
    Recommended for individuals and small businesses.
    Multi Entity
    Recommended for large enterprises working across multiple locations.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  47. VrTechEx

VrTechEx

Apart from steaming, can this asset do some game-oriented like multiplayer and sync across the network?

48. thelghome

thelghome

Yes, you can send string or byte[] via our networking systems. Demo scenes of UDP/TCP/WebSocket are provided.

Our networking structure is Server-Clients, which allows you to sync/communicate with other players.
    For example: SendToAll(), SendToOthers(), SendToServer()

In our FM Network UDP demo, you can simply assign the GameObjects which you want to sync.

Hope it can solve your concerns, thanks.

49. VrTechEx

VrTechEx

Thank you,

Also, I have got another question. Do any of these kinds (UDP/TCP/WebSocket) have a NAT-Hole punching (or sometimes punch-through)? It may hard to connect to each other as router/security settings may interrupt the connections.

50. thelghome

thelghome

We didn't implement advanced NAT tech.
    As far as I know, WebSocket is used for the Internet and it can pass through router.
    However, our UDP/TCP demos are just for local network in current version.