Search Unity

[Release] FMETP STREAM: All-in-One GameView + Audio Stream + Remote Desktop Control(UDP/TCP/Web)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by thelghome, Apr 30, 2019.

1. paulioms

paulioms

I've added the diagnostics text to the HL app and it's saying 0 connections.

2. paulioms

paulioms

Next up I've hard coded the IP address of the server and the HL app now continuously flip flops between IsConnected True and false. When it's true it increments the last send numbers. The server doesn't show any signs of a connection.

3. paulioms

paulioms

I'd love for this to work, but I'm I just can't seem to. I think it would be really helpful to setting on the required settings and to explain why. E.g. do you need that specific target version of Windows and why? Does it needs to be at that bit depth or is this just what you're using here? Etc. Ahh, it's a shame I can't get it to work.

4. thelghome

thelghome

No problem, we updated the ReadMe file on the github page too.

//testing Unity Version: Unity 2021.2.7f1
    //testing environment: local network via wifi
    //system: windows 11 (firewall off), hololens 2

There are 3 demo scenes inside "_Scene" folder:
    Demo_FMNetworkStreaming_PC -> This is the Viewer app(as Server)
    TestScene_UDP_Client_MainCam -> This is for HoloLens 2(as Client), streaming Live View with webcam texture via Main Camera
    TestScene_UDP_Client_RenderCam -> This is for HoloLens 2(as Client), streaming Live View with webcam texture via Render Camera

Step 1: download the template from github
    Step 2: import the latest FMETP STREAM from package manager( which you purchased on Unity Asset Store)
    Step 3: Switch Build Platform to Universal Windows Platform
    Step 4: Select either "TestScene_UDP_Client_MainCam" or "TestScene_UDP_Client_RenderCam" for HoloLens UWP Build
    Step 5: Depoly the UWP Build via Visual Studio
    Step 6: Run the "Demo_FMNetworkStreaming_PC" on Unity Editor, which is the viewer app

5. manurocker95

manurocker95

Latest version still has the "FullScreen" issue on my side. MainCam and RenderCam don't give image on the HL2 as client sending to the PC (as server), but FullScreen mode does. MacOS is still not working and the firewall should not be blocking anything. Localhost on macos works, it is blocking the IP bc yes?

6. iiiVSLAM

iiiVSLAM

Registration window still blocks my unity editor after authentication.

upload_2022-3-28_15-33-41.png

7. manurocker95

manurocker95

It works for me on W11 and W10. Check you are adding the "IN". It didn't work for me otherwise. You can use the asset without the registration anyway x)

upload_2022-3-28_11-55-29.png

8. iiiVSLAM

iiiVSLAM

manurocker95 thx
    The invoice number has been added but the registration window still pops up when the Unity editor plays.

9. Kikki1024

Kikki1024

+1.
    I have the same problem.

10. thelghome

thelghome

@iiiVSLAM @Kikki1024 Would you mind sending us your invoice number via email? We could help solving this issue on our side. our support email: thelghome@gmail.com

PS: And please keep your invoice number private, and don't post or share it to others.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  11. thelghome

thelghome

That's not a normal/expected behaviour, if you are running our template with same or above Unity version.
    If you have stream of "Full screen" mode, that means the connection of wifi should be fine.
    -> You may check your HL2 UWP version, and try to update it to the latest. This way automatically fixed many unknown weird UWP bugs, like webcam issue..etc.

In local network, you may test between Mac and PC, or mobile. If they couldn't find each other, it's 99% related to firewall on your computer, or router. For example, some business/school router may have some security options for blocking UDP broadcast data. Normally, it won't be a concern for home wifi with default settings.
    -> But anyway, please check if there is any HL2 UWP OS updates, we noticed that some weird behaviour if you didn't update the HL2 UWP OS for more than 1 year. It could be some hidden permission compatibility with the latest Unity version.

12. manurocker95

manurocker95

I'm using my custom scene and not the template in 2021.2.17f1. and latest update in HL2. Both encoder and decoder have the same label.

In addition, since version 2.421 the server keeps connecting and disconnecting all the time. This happens in HL2 and Oculus Quest 2.

13. thelghome

thelghome

For the ease of troubleshooting, would you mind to give a try on our template?
    Or if you have a demo scene for us to reproduce the bug on our side, we will help investigate.

14. manurocker95

manurocker95

the weird thing is it works just fine with Android APK so it may be e
    I made a fresh project and it worked. Sorry for the inconveniences going and coming xD

thelghome likes this.
  15. Patrick_Jacquemont

Patrick_Jacquemont

Hi, I have a quick question : I have 3 devices which are connected together using UDP.
    Device n°1 sends video and audio stream to device n°2 & n°3, while device n°3 sends string information to device n°1.
    For performance reasons, I'm wondering if it would be better for device n°1 to act as a server for video and audio stream, and as a client for string messages received from device n°3.
    In which case, I would have 2 FM Network Managers (one server and one client) in my Unity scene on the app running on device n°1. Would it be a problem? Would I have to change the Listen ports in the Server & Client settings to avoid any conflict?

16. thelghome

thelghome

You could have multiple FMNetwork with different listen ports.
    In one server-clients setup, client's message will always redirect to server first, for the safety of the data.

17. thelghome

thelghome

Awesome and good to know that it's been solved!

18. manurocker95

manurocker95

For the next version could you add namespace and/or assembly definition? <3

19. thelghome

thelghome

We may consider your suggestion for next major updates, which would be during the early summer as possible.

20. manurocker95

manurocker95

Btw, I may have found a memory leak. Opening the app (with the manager set as client + encoder and connecting to the computer by wifi) on quest and hololense 2, then closing the app and repeating this a few times makes both devices to get stuck and require a complete force restart. This does not happen without FMETP so... any idea? Should we manually disconnect the manager services by code on quit?

21. thelghome

thelghome

Do you have any log or warning message?
    This seems likely an unexpected behaviour when the app pause and resume many times.

We are working on major updates for FM Network.
    You may write us an email, we could provide the latest beta for your testing purpose.

technical support: thelghome@gmail.com

22. manurocker95

manurocker95

Haven't displayed logs on standalone. Gonna send you an email to test it!

23. manurocker95

manurocker95

Hmm, tried to connect the oculus to the steam deck (running linux), the manager says it’s connected but there’s no image on the deck. Checking logs, no error log is displayed. Any idea?

24. thelghome

thelghome

We don't have a chance to test on Steam Deck. Is it possible to install Unity Editor on it, for testing?
    If it's connected, the networking part should be fine.

You may try different settings in decoder first, for the ease of troubleshooting.

25. manurocker95

manurocker95

hm, maybe I'm doing something wrong because the default scene works crossplatform between Windows, Mac and Linux (even on the Steam Deck), but if I add:

- Windows:

GameObject1:

- FMNetwork->
    upload_2022-4-22_10-35-35.png

- Camera (Decoder):

upload_2022-4-22_10-36-5.png

and on SteamDeck:

- NetworkManager

upload_2022-4-22_10-37-32.png

- Camera (Encoder):

upload_2022-4-22_10-38-11.png

This doesn't work for no reason.

26. jiamingzhang777

jiamingzhang777

Hi. I also encountered this problem, the audio delay keep increasing on Android, up to 3~5 seconds.

I set the channel as mono, sample rate as 11025, and set DSP buffer size as Best Latency.

Is there any other advice? And do you have plan to support native audio playback solution? Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
  27. manurocker95

manurocker95

upload_2022-4-22_12-9-49.png

game view encoder and decoder not working even on demo scene

28. manurocker95

manurocker95

the encoded preview works but it's not decoded

29. manurocker95

manurocker95

Extra note: game viewer doesn't work if the receiver is not the first client to connect. If the server or the clients disconnect, the first one doesn't send/receive the game view either after reconnecting.

1001 and 1002 as label seem to not work but 8001 as the demo worked. No idea why.

30. thelghome

thelghome

That's a strange behaviour. Sometimes the networking issue could be fixed by restarting the router. We had similar issue before, when we are doing heavy reliable data stream testing.
    (We sent tones of byte[] in very short period of time, and our router buffer stuck.. and can't release until restart the hardware).

For the label ID, probably 1001 or 1002 was occupied by other encoders in your scene, which may feed the wrong data into your GameViewDecoder.

You may also compare our beta & store version of FM Network UDP. As our beta version is still in development, it might have bugs as expected. But overall, it's an improved version with more features.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
  31. thelghome

thelghome

Are you using FMNetworkUDP, or FMWebsocket?
    Since FMWebsocket is TCP, which will accumulate the latency if have unstable connection between node.js server and your device.

We will investigate the possibility of native audio playback, but it will take some time for cross-platform support.

32. jiamingzhang777

jiamingzhang777

We are using websocket.

OK. Thanks for your response.

33. dhruv_unity154

dhruv_unity154

@thegholmes
    I've hosted TestServer_v2.0.0.zip to the Herokuapp server. Now I am trying Demo_WebsocketStreaming with Heroku app server HTTPS URL in FMSocketIOManager. When I am trying to run the app, the socket is unable to connect. In localhost, it's working.

Is there any modification required in TestServer_v2.0.0.zip before hosting at the Heroku app server?

My HerokuApp hosted URL is looks like : https://***********.herokuapp.com/ with port : 50273

34. dhruv_unity154

dhruv_unity154

I want to display my multiple oculus camera views on my website dashboard admin panel.
    My web dashboard server is hosted at AWS as well as the Heroku app.

In localhost, the environment works properly but does not work on a real server.
    Does FMETP STREAM V2 work in this scenario? Can this work on the real server like aws? not on localhost.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  35. Nigiri-Meshi

Nigiri-Meshi

Hi team.

About "FM Network UDP".
    Is AutoNetworkDiscorvery not supported on Windows (server) <-> Android (client)?
    Or are there any precautions or settings?

The Android (client) Server IP is always specified as "127.0.0.1" and I cannot connect.
    All Windows firewalls are disabled.
    The FMNetworkUDP settings remain the default except for server / client switching.

In addition, Windows (server) <-> Windows (client) has succeeded in connecting.
    Also, Ping communication is OK on Windows (server) <-> Android (client).
    The Windows (server) Connection Count counts up.
    On Android (client), you can connect by turning off AutoNetworkDiscorvery and setting a fixed IP address for Server IP.

Version:FMETP STREAM V2 ver 2.422 April 07,2022
    OS1:Windows10 Pro
    OS2:Android
    Unity:2021.3.1f1

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  36. thelghome

thelghome

As our default node.js example is the minimal script for http test, you have to add your own ssl certification in script for ssl support.
    If it works properly, the html demo should be reachable too.

37. thelghome

thelghome

Yes, we tested on AWS Windows Server.
    The setup is almost the same as our local hosting tutorial, the only trick is enabling the in-out bound firewall rules, and make sure the public port is reachable.

38. thelghome

thelghome

This is not an expected behaviour, it might be hardware specific issue as there are too many Android specs.
    If you purchased recently, please reach us via email: thelghome@gmail.com
    It would be easier for us to follow your case.

*We are working on some major upgrade about FMNetwork, we could share the beta version for your quick test.

39. Nigiri-Meshi

Nigiri-Meshi

Thank you for your reply.
    I accepted the inquiry by email.
    I will send you an email.

In addition, there are corrections regarding the environment, so I will describe them here.

<×>
    OS1: Windows10 Pro
    OS2: Android

<○>
    OS1: Windows10 Pro (Unity Setting: Windows 64bit Build)
    OS2: Windows10 Pro (Unity Setting: Android 64bit build)
    or
    Blackview Tab6 Android 11 (actual machine)
    Kernel Version: 4.14.193

40. thelghome

thelghome

Awesome, we received your email.

41. Yarwad2

Yarwad2

I want to end an existing stream and then restart it later in my game. Will FMETP Stream continue to Broadcast/Receive data if the GameObject it lives on is disabled, or no? I'm wondering if I need to call a method to stop the server/client or if this will happen automatically when disabled.

42. thelghome

thelghome

The Encoder will stop by default, when it's disabled.
    Or, you can set the StreamFPS to zero, and call below function manually whenever you need an update.

Code (CSharp):
    1. GameViewEncoder.Action_UpdateTexture();

43. Yarwad2

Yarwad2

Oh, so in the solution above you would sort've manually transmit every frame? Is that right?

In this case does the receiver need to be stopped? Or is it passively receiving data and only working when the encoder is transmitting?

44. thelghome

thelghome

The decoder will only process the data when receive the stream with paired label ID. And yes, it’s passively,

45. LadyZara

LadyZara

Hello,

I am trying to add FMETP Stream 2 to a hololens2 unity project. However, After I add it and change the build settings to match those suggested in your Youtube Video (
    ), I just get a blank screen after deploying to hololens 2. The debugger has a number of exceptions in the MRTK files.

I am only hoping to use the synchronized game objects and microphone audio stream, not the live view video stream. Is there a scaled down version of your product that supports those things?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  46. thelghome

thelghome

For your first HL2 test, which you may try our github template:
    https://github.com/frozenmistadventure/fmetp_tutorial_hololens2_stream

When you import the plugin, please untick the project settings and don't override the github template's build settings.
    The target minimal visual studio version should be within 10.0.10240.0 ~ 10.0.18362.0.

Once you get the live view stream, you can add "MicEncoder" on Sender, and "AudioDecoder" on receiver side.
    The overall setup will be like this:
    MicEncoder(Sender) -> byte[] -> FMNetworkManager -> byte[] -> AudioDecoder(Receiver)

You may please feel free to reach us via email for technical support: thelghome@gmail.com

47. LadyZara

LadyZara

Thank you very much for the fast response. I will try it.

48. LadyZara

LadyZara

It is working for me now. Thanks very much!

49. thelghome

thelghome

Awesome, glad to know it works!

50. game-dev333

game-dev333

Hi... is it possible to have description of which scene is doing what in demo project. I am exploring the demo and its difficult to find what scene is used for what.