Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Release] FMETP STREAM: All-in-One GameView+Audio Stream (UDP/TCP/WebSockets/HTML)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by thelghome, Apr 30, 2019.

1. thelghome

thelghome

Yes, all the encoders and decoders are paired by Label ID.

There are few ways to achieve it:
    1) If you have your own string commands or byte[] data, you may add your own meta data for filtering between headsets. (maybe adding the serial number of your headset before the string command..etc)
    2) You may also separate the stream data by different ports, by running multiple instance of node.js servers.
    3) Socket.io supports room feature, you can modify our node.js server example.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    VastnessVR likes this.
  2. VastnessVR

VastnessVR

Thanks,
    Sorry I missed that the Encoders have the Label ID.
    That will be ok for the GameViewEncoder and I'll add an ID at the start of the stream I send between the Headset and the Viewer app.

Cheers

thelghome likes this.
  3. dawnr23

dawnr23

I am currently using the v1 version.

UWP (HoloLens2) and Windows 10 (PC) are doing UDP communication on both platforms.

When running the app for the first time, there is a high probability that it cannot be connected as shown in the screenshot below.

upload_2022-1-13_18-10-44.png

Feature 1. The red part says no connection, but the blue part is well connected.
    Feature 2. It occurs with a high probability when the device is first launched.

Q1. Any way to solve this part? Will buying v2 solve it?
    Q2. Can I use the code I used in v1 if I purchase v2?

Answers I'll wait. thank you.

Attached Files:

4. thelghome

thelghome

We've made many major improvement in FMETP STREAM V2, including some known bugs.
    It's hard to troubleshoot the bugs in V1, we recommended that you may consider the 50% off upgrade for V1 owners.

The code in V1 should be compatible in V2, but we do recommend users to backup their projects before upgrade.
    The clean installation will be recommended too, which you should remove the root folder of the existing plugin(V1) before importing the new version(V2).

PS: You may also check our release notes:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/packs/fmetp-stream-v2-202537#releases

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022 at 5:54 PM
  5. dawnr23

dawnr23

Is there a guide for updating the version from V1 to V2?

6. libra34567

libra34567

Dear sir/madam
    I recently bought your asset and gave it a test in a empty project. All things fine and its streaming great!
    But I met issue importing into existing project. It seems to modify pretty much all of my project settings.

I wonder what is the set of changes on project settings thats requried for your asset to work nicely?

Thanks in advanced!

7. thelghome

thelghome

By default, most of public functions and variables are compatible.
    There might be some folder names and structure changed. Thus, removing the old package before import would be recommended.

8. thelghome

thelghome

Simply untick this toggle will skip the project settings.
    Those project settings are required by Asset Store Upload, due to the plugin category of "Template".

But those settings are actually not required for FMETP STREAM V2 itself.
    Screenshot 2022-01-15 at 6.38.01 PM.png

9. libra34567

libra34567

Thank you!, its great to know :)

unityunity