Search Unity

Question Release a game but windows defender wont let open it (plz help)

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by viktusgames, Sep 25, 2022.

1. viktusgames

viktusgames

Hi so I just make my first game done in Unity 2020 verison. I build the game and there was 0 errors in the build, and after I test it and it runs great. But after I upload the build as a zip fille to gamejolt.com or itch.io. Something wired starting to happen. You can download the game, but windows defender wont let the open. I dont know why or how to fix it. Like there is no virus in the game or anything. I just do a build from the Unity build. It says that is a unknown publisher and wont let the open. I then try to make the game intro just a exe fille but the something happen. So I am not sure what to do now. A littel bit lost. Hope there is someone can maybe knows how to fix it or what going on. Thanks!

It says in Danish sorry about that. But the translate is:
    "Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app can put your PC at risk."

Attached Files:

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Press more info and then click run (but then in Danish).

3. viktusgames

viktusgames

I know but how can I remove that. people will think there is virus in this game, or it not safe to play it.

4. DevDunk

DevDunk

5. viktusgames

viktusgames

Thanks, i will give it a try. But in your games can anyone run them, without seen that windows defender pop up? I have seen a lot of Unity games and games on gamejolt when you just download them and they will work, without that windows defender pop up. So there have to be a way I think. But will chek the link that you send me. Thanks

6. viktusgames

viktusgames