Search Unity

Template RELEASE 8.0.0a - Inventory and Weapon Modding (ICWM)

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by HeyMyNameIsVoo, Mar 15, 2017.

?

Are you waiting for an asset?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I'm not waiting, but following

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Trading floor still under development. Send me a bag report!

2. Swahgner

Swahgner

I need some help

I can't find anything in the documentations on how to install.
    I have an existing project using URP - when I try the demo scenes, my screen is jsut blue.
    I can see the icons, open the inventory and move stuff around, but when everything is closed, everything is just blue

3. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hi! You need convert your project to URP.
    The Asset was made in build-in pipeline. But it can be used in URP.

Read the Manual Documentation to know how to add ICWM to your project.

4. Swahgner

Swahgner

My project is already URP.

Where in the Documentation does it mention adding to my project?

Is there an "easy" way to implement the system to my own character?

5. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

"Where in the Documentation does it mention adding to my project?"
    As I said the Asset was made with using build-in pipeline. You need to convert shaders to URP. Use Unity URP docs to find out how to do it.

"Is there an "easy" way to implement the system to my own character?"
    Learn the Asset API and Documentations, also you can watch videos on my YouTube channel - How to integrate with TPC.

6. Slowturtle44

Slowturtle44

Hello, I'm just wondering if anybody has the opsive ufps intergration with this asset I've been through the forums and a guy don't it but there is nothing to download. If anybody can help would appreciate it thank you

HeyMyNameIsVoo likes this.
  7. Slowturtle44

Slowturtle44

HeyMyNameIsVoo, I have decided to go with the invector intergration and just add the first person camera, I've read all the docs but when I go to do the vCollectableStandalone script and put the part where it's .CL there is a underline in red just wondering if you could give me some advice please

8. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

No problem! Just ask me and I'll try to help you!

9. Slowturtle44

Slowturtle44

So I could work out what I could with the document, the inventorybase.cs has changed from it though, what happens is if I start in first player and change to 3rd I can open the inventory but if I start in 3rd it won't open.

10. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Did you watch the tutorials? How to integrate TPC?

11. Slowturtle44

Slowturtle44

yeah i watched them I've been trying to edit the scripts but they are different from the Document, so trying to find where they all go.

12. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

You need to asign this attribute upload_2022-6-7_19-25-24.png

13. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

If you just switch off fps player and then turn on tpc player the inventory doesnt see the player

14. Slowturtle44

Slowturtle44

I made a brand new project imported both assets tpc first then icwm then followed the video, didn't change any scripts and nothing works, do you know if anybody has a working intergration with the new system?

15. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Sorry, I don't know anyone.

You can do the following:
    1) Open the Inventory scene (EFT, RE4, etc, the scene what you need)
    2) And then try to integrate your system (UFPS)
    3) You need to assign new player in the InventoryBase script and follow tutorials

16. BiggieShrimp

BiggieShrimp

Hello,

I have just purchased the asset today, and I am very impressed so far. It is miles ahead of any other Inventory asset functionality I've seen.

In the description, it says that more slots can be created. Specifically, I want to add 2-3 more Pocket slots. I have searched through the Documentation and videos on your channel, but have not been able to find how to do it yet? Would greatly appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.

17. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hi, Thanks!

To increase pockets slots you need to increase the Size of pockets attribute in the Parameters section of the item prefab.

upload_2022-6-12_10-15-1.png

You can also explore the game which is being developed using ICWM. The game is The Last World, you can find this game on Steam.

18. BiggieShrimp

BiggieShrimp

Sorry, to clarify, I am trying to add another equip slot for another Pocket Item. Such as 1 tactical rig, 3 pockets, 1 backpack. Example:

Screenshot 2022-06-12 124000.png

19. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hi! I misunderstood, sorry!

I need make a video or docs how to do it, it's easy, but also it's hard if you don't know the Asset API

20. BiggieShrimp

BiggieShrimp

hello again,

I have run into another issue, this time with the weapon switching. When switching a weapon out and then in, the ammo count is set to 0, and the weapon does not shoot, despite there being a loaded magazine in the weapon.

cl.insertCL is reading element [0] as null in the WeaponFps / UpdateStatistics() function, but I'm not sure if this is the problem.

21. Slowturtle44

Slowturtle44

Hey Voo I'm having an issue with the weapon modding, I can add the parts to the gun everything is good but they won't show up on the rig.

Thank you

22. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hi! I need some time to make docs.

The WeaponFPS scripts are as example, how you can use the Inventory with the player.

"When switching a weapon out and then in, the ammo count is set to 0, and the weapon does not shoot, despite there being a loaded magazine in the weapon."
    Hmm this is a bug, I need to check it.

"cl.insertCL is reading element [0] as null in the WeaponFps / UpdateStatistics() function, but I'm not sure if this is the problem."

The ClassList store a magazine item reference in the insertCL[0].

23. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hi! Try to check - in the game attach your items to your weapon (don't close the Inventory) then find the model gameObject reference in Hierarchy -> moddingScene and check if the model have these parts, if it is true check their positions. They must be in 0, if not watch the How to add attachments.

24. BiggieShrimp

BiggieShrimp

I have encountered a few issues, when trying to add new weapon.

I am following the video tutorial, but after creating the Item Drop prefabs for the attachments @24:52, they do not seem to work.

1. The modding screen does not hide dependent Helper, despite Helper Attach Helper True being checked and Is Inserted being checked:
    Screenshot 2022-06-27 220509.png

2. When trying to attach Slide in modding screen, it does nothing, and I get the following error:
    Screenshot 2022-06-27 220925.png

3.The inspect window for all created attachments shows white:

Screenshot 2022-06-27 220343.png

I have tried following the video step-by-step 3 different times now, so I'm not sure if this is a bug or I am still doing something incorrectly. I have also attached the screenshots of the relevant ItemDrops and Helper components.

Attached Files:

25. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hi!

1) If the Attachment has attachments inside then the Attachment must be marked as HelperAttachHelperTrue, if the Attachment is inserted then the Attachment must be marked as IsInserted

For more understanding you need to check the Glock17 or the Ak47 model examples.

2)
    Helpers.cs, line 152 - vspAttachments = (GameObject)Instantiate(attachmentsCL[index - 1].vspItemModdingPrefab, transform);

it means that you do not have the vspItemModdingPrefab reference. Check your attachments and be sure that it has itemModding prefab.

3) Find this window and check the model Transform parameters

upload_2022-6-28_21-46-27.png

Maybe your model is too big.

26. BiggieShrimp

BiggieShrimp

1. These boxes are both checked, and the dependent Helper is set as a child:
    Screenshot 2022-06-28 201951.png

Screenshot 2022-06-28 202006.png

but still having issues as portrayed in video here:
    https://www.veed.io/view/153947f5-5bd3-4141-80d8-edb76078c320?sharingWidget=true

2/3. The ItemModdingPrefab was assigned, but re-assigning the prefab from the Project resources instead of from the hierarchy seemed to fix the issue for now.

27. keks6324

keks6324

I have a problem with this inventory system. I added The Inventory_EFT Prefab to my sceene. The eventsystem is also added. Console says The variable RootItemsSpawnInWorld of InventoryBase has no tbeen assigned.

I dont have a option named like this in inventory base script settings. It seems as there are missing some things.

In game i can move the codensed milk into the stash but the slot in the backpack does not refresh from 1 to 0. And i cant move the milk back in the backpack. When i drop the backpack in the stash the result is as following: upload_2022-8-4_14-56-30.png

Have I done something wrong?
    Unity Version is 2021.3.4f1
    I started with the 3d URP Project and importet ICWM

28. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hi!

"Console says The variable RootItemsSpawnInWorld of InventoryBase has no tbeen assigned." - open the example scenes of the Asset and find out what is assigned to this attribute (the InventoryBase component). If you did't see this attribute just change the edit mode to Debug. Also download the Asset API!

"In game i can move the codensed milk into the stash but the slot in the backpack does not refresh from 1 to 0. And i cant move the milk back in the backpack. When i drop the backpack in the stash the result is as following:" This is a bug that I know about but don't know how to solve yet

29. BiggieShrimp

BiggieShrimp

Hello Voo,

Is it possible to set up such that 1 attachment game object could go into 2 different possible slots? I have tried giving 2 different Helpers the same Attachment Tag, but this seems to break the system.

upload_2022-8-9_19-31-56.png

30. pyravlon

pyravlon

Hi,

I have an issue with the integration of the TPC shooter, a big part of the documentation is out of date.
    I can't integrate it, can you help me or update it, please?

Thank you in advance ^^