Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Template RELEASE 8.0.0a - Inventory and Weapon Modding (ICWM)

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by HeyMyNameIsVoo, Mar 15, 2017.

?

Are you waiting for an asset?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I'm not waiting, but following

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tredpro

tredpro

2017.4.1f

2. julianr

julianr

What would be good is a hotbar, so you can place items from your inventory slots into the hotbar slots (6 of them or custom defined) so you can quickly use the items. If its a weapon, switch to it, or define your own custom actions for your type of game. for example drink/use/drop

HeyMyNameIsVoo and tredpro like this.
  3. tredpro

tredpro

i agree with the guy above because i was going to build a hotbar myself but would love to not have to :)

HeyMyNameIsVoo likes this.
  4. Goldensnitch

Goldensnitch

Hello, I am writing request for the developer of the ICWM inventory. I have high quality 3d human atlas as an object. Only thing that i need is annotations that can be trigger to any objects and i could add descriptions and names to it. More like the one in the site https://human.biodigital.com/index.html. Please take my request. Many people love to buy your work thank you

5. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

I think it is easy to add. I started working on this.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    julianr likes this.
  6. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hi Goldensnitch. I'll try my best.

As I understood, you need modding system and when the mouse cursor is pointing at an object you want see description of this object. Right?

7. julianr

julianr

Maybe the hotbar on the play view (non inventory) could be just for the items you are carrying on the body [primary weapon, weapon on your back, scabbard, and hand gun] or hot bar in inventory as another backpack type object storing 0-9 (key bind options) - so 10 items. That you drag and drop from your inventory (carrying/backpacks) which then makes a duplicate reference, or you just tag with a tick, or sub menu like the mod option that will then be shown on the hotbar which may be the easiest without needing a GUI container for it.

8. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hotbar on the play view (non inventory) - auto update when you close inventory.

0.1.1 (2).jpg

Hotbar on the inventory view - auto update when you drag and drop. First 4 slot not active - it means that you can not drag and drop items (weapons), they automatically updated when you take (dragging in the player slot) or drop or sell the weapon. Other slots are free - for consume items.

0.1.1.jpg

tredpro and julianr like this.
  9. julianr

julianr

Awesome!

10. julianr

julianr

Hi! I think there is a bug; when you mod a weapon and attach ammo for example or any other attachment, and you don't press SAVE, just press ESCAPE to exit the modding and you lose the items, they are not in your inventory, and also not shown in the modding.

11. tredpro

tredpro

amazing! great job!

12. julianr

julianr

Hi! Getting errors when I create a build .. can you test? it's related to UnityEditor. Thanks

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  13. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello julianr.

See: Top menu => ICWM => IWM About

"If you can not build the project: delete the folder: Asset/Resources"

I'm working on it.

julianr likes this.
  14. Goldensnitch

Goldensnitch

CORRECT! and Thank you

15. Scarfell

Scarfell

Hello

Just wanted to say this is a fantastic asset, and i'm really enjoying it so far and cant wait to see future updates.
    I was wondering if you could help me with 2 problems i'm am having?

The first is once i have set up the inventory following the documentation i am unable to interact or click anything inside the inventory. Everything else seems to be fine, I just cant interact with the inventory or the escape menu.

The second problem is when i'm using the EFT inventory and equip either armour or goggles the icons appear in the wrong place.

Both these issues may be my fault or something I have over looked. But any help is appreciated

Keep up the good work :D

EDIT: Im using Unity version 2017.4.2f2

16. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

[QUO
    TE="scarfell, post: 3480509, member: 1381312"]Hello

Just wanted to say this is a fantastic asset, and i'm really enjoying it so far and cant wait to see future updates.
    I was wondering if you could help me with 2 problems i'm am having?

The first is once i have set up the inventory following the documentation i am unable to interact or click anything inside the inventory. Everything else seems to be fine, I just cant interact with the inventory or the escape menu.

The second problem is when i'm using the EFT inventory and equip either armour or goggles the icons appear in the wrong place.

Both these issues may be my fault or something I have over looked. But any help is appreciated

Keep up the good work :D

EDIT: Im using Unity version 2017.4.2f2[/QUOTE]

Hello scarfell.
    Thank you for your kindness.
    And yes, Update is coming soon.

"The first is once i have set up the inventory following the documentation i am unable to interact or click anything inside the inventory. Everything else seems to be fine, I just cant interact with the inventory or the escape menu."

You need to double check each gameobject and make sure that they did not contain components that would overlap the inventory canvas. If it didn't help, please describe in detail what you did!

"The second problem is when i'm using the EFT inventory and equip either armour or goggles the icons appear in the wrong place."

There are many reasons that would cause such bugs. What did you do to make this happened?
    If you can, I need a video or screenshots (video in priority).

Thank you,
    MyNameIsVoo

Scarfell likes this.
  17. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

HELLO

Another render through ICWM - Ar15M1

U 0.jpg

U 3.jpg

U 9.jpg

Scarfell likes this.
  18. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hey, Update soon.

0.1.1 (2).jpg

0.1.1.jpg

theunitydev and Scarfell like this.
  19. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello

Update 7.5.1 released

See RoadMap

Kind Regards,
    MyNameIsVoo​

20. julianr

julianr

Hi! Can you save Gear items + hotbar items? I can only see the save backpack option. If not can you add it? Seems a bit pointless only having a save system for the backpacks if you are going to lose your gear and what's in the hot bar each time. But make it optional in case people don't want everything saved.

Also making sure that if you remove an item from a gear or hot bar slot and place them in a backpack/rig/pockets it removes the saved item from that slot and updates its new location and save it.

One other option is to have a trash can container for dragging the item to drop it, in addition to the right click and drop.. it'll be quicker for people to do that in a fast game where time and quick reactions is needed. On dropping the item it removes it from the saved location (like it does now, but if it comes from gear, weapons/ hotbar or backpack / pockets/ rig.

Once that's done I think it will be pretty much a complete starter solution.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  21. julianr

julianr

Thanks for the current update though, appreciate the work you put into this asset - it gets better every time.

22. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello.

Ok! I'll fix it in the next update.

Thanks!

julianr likes this.
  23. julianr

julianr

Top man!

24. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

Looks promising. Before I buy is the inventory system on interactive only with mouse or can I use controller to navigate within inventory. My games dont use mouse and keyboard, so I'm hoping controller use is active.

Can I use this template straight out of the box as a resident evil like inventory for TPC? If not, just a request, could make it a add on in some sort. thanks.

seriously thinking about picking up but if Im going to pick it up, gotta make sure I will have some use for it in my game. :)

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  25. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello.

Thank you!

"Looks promising. Before I buy is the inventory system on interactive only with mouse or can I use controller to navigate within inventory. My games dont use mouse and keyboard, so I'm hoping controller use is active."

At the moment the ICWM uses only the mouse and keyboard, but in future updates I will definitely add it.

"Can I use this template straight out of the box as a resident evil like inventory for TPC? If not, just a request, could make it a add on in some sort. thanks."

Describe in more detail what you need. Sorry, I did not understand what you mean. Do you want to use the RE4 inventory with TPC?

"seriously thinking about picking up but if Im going to pick it up, gotta make sure I will have some use for it in my game"

That is right, I always say before buying, contact the seller and ask questions

26. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

Thanks for reply.

Describe in more detail what you need. Sorry, I did not understand what you mean. Do you want to use the RE4 inventory with TPC?

Yes. For example, having 6 slots, and being able add weapons, items, consumables in those slots intill all slots are full, or having like a template of some sort that will allow this inventory to behave in such a way. :)

At the moment it looks like this asset is heavily focus on shooter customizations, and I'm I right? Just trying to get a idea because I'm just trying to figure out if this thing is flexible enough for other types of games. Thanks.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  27. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello.
    I'm sorry for the late answer, I am preparing for the defense of the master's thesis and I do not have much time.

"Yes. For example, having 6 slots, and being able add weapons, items, consumables in those slots intill all slots are full, or having like a template of some sort that will allow this inventory to behave in such a way."

In the Update 6.0, a new function was added "space window", you can see it in the Documentation.

"At the moment it looks like this asset is heavily focus on shooter customizations, and I'm I right? Just trying to get a idea because I'm just trying to figure out if this thing is flexible enough for other types of games."

Yes you right! I was inspired by the game EFT.

julianr likes this.
  28. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello again!

Dear friends, we announce the start of the contest, in which you can win the assets of high quality models!

Grand Prize: Ak47M1 Fully Detailed
    Prize for second place: CM1911 Fully Detailed
    For third place: Weapon Attachments Detailed (PACK - 13)

To take part in the contest you need to be subscribed to the author's channel, the group (Game Developers) and repost this post on your page/profile.

Competition Rules:
    1) Be a subscriber to the group (GameDevelopers - facebook)
    2) Be a subscriber to the channel (YouTube - my YouTube channel)
    3) Share the post on your page/profile, with the hashtags #MyNameIsVoo #ThelloVictory

The results will be summed up 2018-06-21.
    We wish everyone good luck in the contest!

OfficialHermie likes this.
  29. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello.

I finished creating the first tutorial video with voice acting. I will also make subtitles in Russian and English.

0.1.1 (2).jpg

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  30. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello.

Added a new video with voice acting!!!
    If you find any mistakes in the subtitles, please let me know!!!

OfficialHermie and julianr like this.
  31. PesadeloDoEspantalho

PesadeloDoEspantalho

Hello,
    When you do a tutorial to TPC invector integration of a melee weapon?
    I'm try but it not work the axe go away...
    Any suggestions?

Sorry for my english and thanks for others TPC tutorials.

32. PesadeloDoEspantalho

PesadeloDoEspantalho

I'm successful!
    In "ITEM DATABASE", "ITEM MESH", "Item Modding" we have to set another 3d object with "ATTACH IDENTITY".

Sorry for the double post.

33. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello JoGo78!

At the moment, I'm busy integrating the RFPS in the ISWM and creating tutorials. I will add it to the roadmap!

I want to say that melee weapons will not be very different from firearms!

34. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

AttachIdentity we attach to the items with which we must interact.
    We need it so that we can find the item in the inventory.

35. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello.

Added a new video rendering with ICWM

julianr likes this.
  36. slik

slik

@HeyMyNameIsVoo
    Please move/reupload the documentation to another service (dropbox, google drive, etc). Thank you.

37. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello

No problemo!

38. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

GoogleDrive - Docunentaion

39. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello!

Review ItemsDrop Script

Subtitles will be added soon!!!!

40. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

INTEGRATION

Hello, everyone!

I have finished integrating the inventory system into the RFPS Asset, only the integration of the weapon system was left and there arose a dilemma:
    1) keep the original weapon system (RFPS) (See Spoiler Section - IMG 1)
    2) integrate a weapon system (ICWM)

With the first option there are many problems, so I chose the second, as more simple and familiar to me. But even here there were problems that, until I decided and I have to do it (see the image below). For some reason the weapon does not want to spawn in the place indicated on the IMG, In addition, when the camera rotates, the weapon does not rotate with it, I will soon solve this problems.

0.1.jpg

IMG 1
    0.1.1.jpg

Kind Regards,
    MyNameIsVoo

P.S.
    If you have any suggestions, idea, advice, please take part in it, because I do the integration for free and spend my personal time on it.

41. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello!

Soon...

0.1.1.jpg

Kind Regards,
    MyNameIsVoo

42. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello!

To add a weapon switch for the Holster, I had to modify a whole bunch of scripts and this is just the beginning!!!

0.1.1.jpg

Kind Regards,
    MyNameIsVoo

43. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

I just wanted to give my heads-up to this great asset.
    Yes, the code is still not nicely cleaned up, but with all the change requests and the update rate that's perfectly fine. The author listens to all requests.
    Currently, there is no other asset that can do all this. And it even has the famous RE4 inventory.
    I wish that this asset will become the new standard for inventory systems. It can do so much more than what you think in the first place. It continues where other inventory systems left off because they became too successful.
    Thank you @HeyMyNameIsVoo !!!

44. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello OfficialHermie!

Thank you very much for your kindness! I'm very happy that you do not give up and continue to use my Asset.

Now I'm working on a weapon switching system (OnSling/OnBack to Holster and vice versa) and integration with RFPS (I have difficulties with it) andI creat tutorials for ICWM (next one - Combine).

Kind Regards,
    MyNameIsVoo

45. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

i
    re 4 inventory? controller support?

Also, congrats. and thanks to creator, btw could we get a tutorial for the re4 inventory? S*** would be awesome,

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  46. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

@RadioFolk It has a demo of the RE4 inventory included. You might write a tutorial about it. I'd love you for it! :)
    Also if you notice any bugs, be sure to report it. I found some things that were missing in the RE4 inventory, and the author added it right away, that was awesome. Would be great if it wasn't only me checking it.

47. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello!!!

How to Combine Items.

Kind Regards,
    MyNameIsVoo

48. ppmpyae7

ppmpyae7

Does that work for android and full tutorial please?

49. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello.

I'm sorry, this does not work for android! Only PC.

Kind Regards,
    MyNameIsVoo

50. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

controller support? Maybe Rewired integration would make it easier for you to implement? From your honest opinion, is it just difficult to add controller support to this asset, or this asset isnt build for it in mind. I think it is such a shame and a waste really :), if that is the case, it will only like games to only the pc platforms. :(

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018