Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Template RELEASE 8.0.0a - Inventory and Weapon Modding (ICWM)

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by HeyMyNameIsVoo, Mar 15, 2017.

?

Are you waiting for an asset?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I'm not waiting, but following

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello "twda"!

In truth, I did not understand for a long time why they rejected my Asset.

"'Inventory and Weapon Modding (ICWM)' has been declined.
    We ask that you double check your demo. We cannot mod anything. Picking up items is good, but we cannot put together a weapon in the modding window.
    "

But then I double checked the Asset, everything was OK!
    I sent again for review and they sent me this (see img): invmod.jpg

I understood what happened!
    They had the parameter free aspect! I forgot to specify what to do before launching.

upload_2017-8-13_14-14-31.png

2. Nofabe

Nofabe

Maybe i'm rushing things, but i want to know what i'm going to be dealing with so i can make it without having to change too much later on, because that might make things rather confusing

Edit: i mean if anything else fails, i could still just buy it, but without being guaranteed to understand whats going on and just for learning purposes i'm not yet sure if spending 30€ is a good idea

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  3. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello Nofabe!
    I am very glad that we understood each other.

Some time off I spended to find an asset on asset store (similar to mine), But I found only this one Customizer you can do something like this.

How I started:

When I sat down, and I started writing code, I did not know the Unity code. I started with an empty project and started making an inventory and then the weapon modding system. First I needed to rotate the model and then I needed to make the icons which would revolve around the model! I absolutely did not know how to do it. I experimented a lot and finally I got it. I spent a lot of time on it (maybe 3 or 4 month).

NOTE:
    Read the documents of the Asset!!!
    1) Documentation
    2) Manual
    3) Scripts doc...

Nofabe and Dustin-Horne like this.
  4. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

I do not force you to buy my Asset!
    Yes, it will be difficult for you to learn the Asset if you do not know the basics of programming (С\С#\С++ (OOP)).
    In Asset lot of code, and a large part refers to inventory!

You can write me a mail and I will try my best to assist you!

Nofabe likes this.
  5. hopeful

hopeful

@Nofabe - There's a ton of free assets available in the asset store and also in the Unity tutorial section. There are inventory examples, game examples, free characters and free weapons. I encourage you to explore the things that have explicit documentation first, like the tutorials, and then begin digging into the free content armed with the knowledge of how to use it.

You may be looking at this particular asset as being exactly what you want, but at this point it sounds like you don't know how to use it. So get yourself familiar with how Unity works first, and you'll be 99% of the way on knowing how to use this asset.

There's a lot to learn; a lot of basic concepts and an endless stream of details. I'm just trying to help you get to the best starting point, so you can succeed.

Nofabe and Dustin-Horne like this.
  6. Been_Maya

Been_Maya

@HeyMyNameIsVoo No need to apologize each time, your English is fine.
    I was asking specifically about a demo for RE4 because I have seen it requested sooo often already by people that I think you're not doing such a demo just for me.

7. Nofabe

Nofabe

@hopeful thank you for the advice - i think i'm just being too impatient because i'm doing it for a school project with a deadline (though i kind of want to make it my personal project and intend to improve it even after the school part is done), but i think i already got enough for the teacher to be satisfied so i might really just take my time.
    you're right, it's really tough getting into the matter, i just need to find the patience to dig through the documentation
    and free projects...

@HeyMyNameIsVoo weirdly enough the link to the asset you gave me sends me to the asset store's main page, but i found it by googling it - that one looks promising as well, thank you.

Kindly, Nofabe

HeyMyNameIsVoo likes this.
  8. twda

twda

Count me in for a purchase if you create a ResidentEvil4 inventory. It's still one of the best.

9. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello!

Small Update 4.1 (ROADMAP)

Added:
    1. Save System (watch the video)
    2. 3rd (simple, primitive) is not final. Shows how you can place a 3rd camera, body, weapon (and how it works)!!!
    By default, all saved files are deleted when the game starts:

0.1.1.jpg

NOTE: Save System - how it works: see Scripts Documentation

After updating 5.0 the Asset will be moved from partition Tools\Scripting to Templates!

Your reviews will help me to further improve the Asset!
    Do not forget to leave a review!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    theunitydev likes this.
  10. tredpro

tredpro

Any chance of adding invector tpc integration? I will probably get it either way. I just need the inventory to work with that.

11. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello tredpro!

I'm sorry, what is tpc integration?
    Could you write it a different way?

Kind Regards,
    MyNameIsVoo

12. tredpro

tredpro

I do apologize. It slipped my mind that you are probably using a translator app. But I will make it easier.

I was asking if you could make it work with this

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/84583

You don't have to use that one. It's the shooter version. They do have a free basic version

13. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Well, I will try to do this, but I do not promise!
    I will study the Asset and if it will be possible to integrate the Asset to ICWM I will certainly write to you!

Thanks!

14. tredpro

tredpro

Sweet! Thanks. Was already planning to get this and now I will for sure on my next check probably!

Also if you cant and I figure it out, I will send you the integration

15. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello everyone!

I was recently asked to add a new rotate style of icons (as in my first video) - see spoiler!

Update 5.0 will be realized at the end of month and it will be include the new style, optimizations and code comments!

Kind Regards,
    MyNameIsVoo

theunitydev likes this.
  16. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello tredpro!

I integrated TPC into my Asset, it took just under 10 minutes!
    See video!

NOTE:
    1. You must have to adjust a player (I mean weapon animations)!
    2. The WeaponHolder root: the player must change weapons, think how to do it, it's easy, use the script SelectWeapon!
    In the future I will try to tune a third person better!

17. b_game_studios

b_game_studios

I'd need a Resident Evil 4 inventory clone as well.

18. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hi everyone!
    ICWM_logo.png
    I almost completed optimizing the Asset code. I need to double check all code yet and then I will release the Update 5.0. Asset is getting better every day!

And also I added the GUI menu:
    0.1.1.jpg

NOTE:
    In the future, I will improve the GUI menu!

theunitydev and julianr like this.
  19. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello "b_game_studios"!
    I'm glad that you wrote!

I decided that after release the Update 5.0 I will add a couple new style for inventory!

I will create a vote in which you can vote for the style you are interested in. I will write about this later!

Thanks!

OfficialHermie and julianr like this.
  20. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello dear friends
    Logo2x1.png
    I hasten to inform you that the Update 5.0 will be released at the end of the month. I finished the work and I need to double check the Asset before sending to the Asset Store Team.​

Soon I will create a vote in which you can vote for the style you are interested in!​

julianr likes this.
  21. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello!

I created the vote: Twitter Vote
    1. Dead Space (img. 1)
    2. Resident Evil (img. 2)
    3. Battlegrounds (img. 3)
    4. Offer!

Personally, I will vote for number 1!

7230-ds2hardcoretip10png.png re4inventoryo2j0u.jpg

UI1_1489786090994.jpg

b_game_studios likes this.
  22. K4rha

K4rha

Hey there,
    your asset looks great.
    I would like to know if you're planning to create some kind of an easy loot system where you open your inventory & you can see which items are close to you.
    Also it would be nice to know if there's a chance you're implementing a very basic craft system.
    regards :)

23. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello Wazingoo!

Thank you very much!

"I would like to know if you're planning to create some kind of an easy loot system where you open your inventory & you can see which items are close to you."

Do you mean scanning around the player?
    Can you give me an example?

"Also it would be nice to know if there's a chance you're implementing a very basic craft system."

As I wrote earlier, the Asset is not a game! Yes, I would add the craft system, but I can not, because this is beyond the scope of the Asset (Inventory and Weapon Modding)! You can add the craft system, on YouTube there are many lessons and tutorials.

Cheers!
    MyNameIsVoo.

24. K4rha

K4rha

Thanks for your answer.

Regarding to 1).

Yes, some kind of a scan system where you can see all items which are close to you (Red circle in the picture).

Regarding to 2).
    That's totally clear, i do never use assets 1:1, i always put months on extra work in it, so there is absolutely no problem for me developing a crafting system, i just wanted to know if it's planned. :)

25. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

"scanning"
    This was not planned! I did not think about that. Probably, this was not necessary in this Asset.

I think that the scanning system is not so difficult.

26. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hey!

Update 5.0

See: ROADMAP, DOCUMENTATION and new Video on my YouTube channel!!!

* Optimizing the source code, bug fixes and improvements.
    * Weapon modding UI style * Some comments on the code
    * GUI elements Your reviews will help me to further improve the Asset!

***********NOTE***********
    I created the vote (Twitter Vote) in which you can vote for the inventory style you are interested in!

Follow me: YouTube, Twitter, Facebook...

Do not forget to leave a review and rating!!!

Kind Regards,
    MyNameIsVoo

julianr and TheresaFallersdorf like this.
  27. TheresaFallersdorf

TheresaFallersdorf

Thank you. Your asset looks like the most promising inventory system on the asset store.

28. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello TheresaFallersdorf!

Thank you very, very much!

Follow me and follow the new updates!

29. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Hello i have a question , is it posibel to use this inventory without the playerscripts? i will not take Item with crosshair / raycasting system. i have a own playercontroller and i will use a trigger with key function to take the item and bring it in the inventory.By the way i use Playmaker , give it a chance that you bring functions for the playmaker and your inventory system? thx for your answer

30. julianr

julianr

I've used it with Invectors Controller. You just need to create how you want to pick items up - I tied this in with the controller so it sends the items to this inventory and not Invectors. So should work for your use, with a bit of tweaking!

31. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

thx for your answer but i not use invector controller, i looking for a inventory how the player go in a trigger press e key and get the item in the backpack and then the player can equip or use the item not more.before i have use inventory pro but at the moment came not many updates for it and it is bugy with some functions for me.so we have looking for a better alternativ and have found that here.

32. Toharawk

Toharawk

Same here, with this asset we expect to get a working inventory solution. Why is it necessary to create a own method to pick up these items? We purchased this asset, because of the missing knowledge of C#, to not write a another code.
    So Dear HeyMyNameIsVoo, please update the asset with a working Inventory solution, or otherwise create a interface to the Playmaker.
    Hope to get a update from you soon!

Many Thanks,
    Toharawk

33. julianr

julianr

it doesn't come out of the box to work on any 3rd person or 1st person controller. For that the developer would need to implement support for it, so you'd need some coding to use it for your controller, whether it be your own, another or Invectors. It can be done.

34. julianr

julianr

You could start by looking at this inventories way of doing the pickup and add it to your own controller. You'd probably need to fiddle with the input settings on it though so it recognises the pickup key.

Or wait for Playmaker or other support. :)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  35. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello, I have read your messages!

I will answer your questions and try to answer in great detail in the evening. Now I need hurry up to work and when I get home, I will answer all questions!

I work on the Asset everyday and I will try to add more features to the Asset (that ask me).
    Do not worry I will definitely study your suggestions!

Regards,
    MyNameIsVoo

36. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello Pandur1982.

"is it posibel to use this inventory without the playerscripts?"
    Yes, it is! Player scripts are only basic (primitive) controllers. They are needed so that the player can move around the scene and rotate the camera. A little bit higher you will find several messages (and video) on integrating the TPC into the Asset!!!

"i have a own playercontroller and i will use a trigger with key function to take the item and bring it in the inventory"

Well just go watch a video about the "HowToIntegratedTPC", it is easy!

By the way i use Playmaker , give it a chance that you bring functions for the playmaker and your inventory system?

To do something, I need to have a material, I mean, I need the Playmaker. I can not just integrate the Asset into Playmaker or vice versa the Playmaker in the Asset.

37. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello Toharawk!

"Same here, with this asset we expect to get a working inventory solution."
    What do you mean by the word "working"? Inventory works well, in recent months I have not find errors and bugs!

"Why is it necessary to create a own method to pick up these items?"
    "We purchased this asset, because of the missing knowledge of C#, to not write a another code."

In the documentation I described in detail the possibilities and features of the Asset! If you do not know the С# it's your problem, I wrote in the documentation that the Asset is 94% of the code - you need to learn the C#!

I hope you understand me!!!

38. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

In fact, it is very easy - there is script "Test" and there is your trigger action you need to remove the raycast system from the script and when a player entered the trigger then the script must execute the action.

b_game_studios and julianr like this.
  39. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

thx for your answer, i will look to it.

40. Johannahe

Johannahe

I was too late for my voting. But I'd have chosen number #2 anyways. ;)
    Good decision!
    Can you already tell when we can expect it approximately? 2 month? 4 months?

I was tempted to buy it already by the promising reviews on the AssetStore, but I will wait anyways. :)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    HeyMyNameIsVoo and Jerome-P like this.
  41. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hey johannhesters

Thanks! Do not rush with the decision.

You will not have to wait long. At the end of the week I will post a few screenshots. The inventory style will be a little difference from the original (RE4). So it is necessary because I need to follow copyright!!!

Regards,
    MyNameIsVoo

42. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hey!

I have a few words that I want to tell you (please take this seriously):

• People who are unhappy please do not blame me in that you do not have knowledge in C#. I wrote in the Asset description that "Please read the documentation before buy!!!". I wrote comments in the scripts, although I could not do this, but I did.
    • You can not require something from me to add to the project. You can suggest me something that I could add to future updates (I hope that I am not too strict).
    • I work alone and I can not update the Asset as quickly as I would like.
    • Many publishers do not update their own assets for a long time but I am trying to update the Asset every month (sometimes twice a month).
    If you do not agree with me, write what do you think!

Kind Regards,
    MyNameIsVoo

GeorgSchmidt1980 and Pandur1982 like this.
  43. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Good to hear that you will bring Updates for it, many asset creators make a asset and when the have earn enough money the Support will stand still. That is a Problem what i have at the moment with inventory pro. The problems and Bugs for Playmaker will not fix at the moment but in the description stand Playmaker intergration... So i will see here how i can get the variabels in Playmaker for the items.by the way can you get the Logos on the script a littel Smaller :D

44. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Good night!

Suggest your ideas and I'm trying to add it!!!

This is my style, similar to RE4. On the right side of the screen I will add a 3D model of the player.

0.1.1.jpg

0.1.jpg

A lot of time I think about the background image of the backpack zone:

BackgrountInventory.png

GeorgSchmidt1980 likes this.
  45. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

If I had the playmaker, I would try to do something. I do not know how work with it, how it works.

"So i will see here how i can get the variabels in Playmaker for the items."
    Well tell me in detail what you want to do.
    variabels? - all the information about an item is contained in the class(script) - ClassList.
    If you want to find an item in the inventory or elsewhere you need to find all the gameobjects with the AttachIdentity script and then get component from the AttachIdentity.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Component []p = Root(where the search is conducted).GetComponents(typeof(AttachIdentity),true);
    3. if(p!=null)
    4. {
    5.      foreach(AttachIdentity n in p)
    6.      {
    7.             if(n.CL.(attribute) == (attribute)
    8.              {
    9.                      action
    10.              }
    11.      }
    12. }

"by the way can you get the Logos on the script a littel Smaller"
    If you want a basic inspector style - delete the "Resources" folder.

46. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

In Playmaker i can take the scripts with get property or Set property in Playmaker and must look what i can do in playmaker, i must find variabels like id int variabels or string for name variabels for items in backpack, Equipment items and item count, next week i have a littel more time to Look out. Problem is Playmaker is a state Machine.

47. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Added a window for quick access to the items. It differs from the normal window of viewing items in the backpack:

0.1.1.jpg

Also added a new slot:

0.1.1.jpg

0.1.1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  48. twda

twda

Will it be possible to combine 2 items?

For example, user has 1 green powerpack.
    Now he gets 1 yellow powerpack.
    1 green and 1 yellow powerpack can be combined into 1 red powerpack.

Does your system have a logic to deal with such a scenario?

ps: Your screenshots unfortunately are a bit small. Can you do them a bit larger in the future?

49. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hello twda.

"Will it be possible to combine 2 items?"
    "Does your system have a logic to deal with such a scenario?"

No, have not. But this is a good idea and suggestion. I will review it!

"Your screenshots unfortunately are a bit small. Can you do them a bit larger in the future?"
    Well, not really small but I can! ;)

Thanks,
    MyNameIsVoo

50. HeyMyNameIsVoo

HeyMyNameIsVoo

Hey everyone, I brought good news!

• Soon I will post a video of the new inventory style and you can see that I added, changed, improved and etc. And you can write your own opinion (suggestions).

• An employee from Playmaker contacted me and offered to help me. I do not know how long it will take. He will contact me. He will do it at his own free will, for which I said thanks to him!
    Thanks,
    MyNameIsVoo