Search Unity

Question Relative motion of the screen with respect to the head movement.

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by lmnagma43, Oct 20, 2022.

1. lmnagma43

lmnagma43

Hello!

I am looking for a solution in Unity development.
    So i want to make an application where i want to watch a streaming data/video in a moving car. There will be off course the direction change by which the screen/scene will be shifted as the car changes the direction from left to right and vice versa. Can you give me a solution where the screen will not be disturbed even after the car direction changes.
    I tried something similar to Netflix in VR, but there with the direction change the screen will move and we can recenter it by pressing a button on the VR glass. Something like this:

Also, i tried using AR marker in Oculus passthrough. But it is not feasible in Quest2. I cannot use a AR marker while developing for Quest2 :(
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Talk-VR/Scan-QR-code-with-passthrough-camera/td-p/959717.

I do not wish to have this re-center button. I just want a screen which should follow my head movement.
    Please help me with this ? It has been almost a month i am struggling for this.
    Thanks in advance.