Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Rejected: "Linkage" script package - help!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Peeling, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Peeling

Peeling

I'd really appreciate some help rectifying the problems with my submission:
    • Your key images do not meet our quality standards.
    I'm a programmer. The asset is a script. I did my best, but it would help to know which, if any, of the four different key images are acceptable and why the others are not before I go manhandling Photoshop again. It's a process neither of us enjoys.

EDIT: Okay, well, I feel like I need a shower now but I've prepared new art.

• Cannot accept because there's an independent license.
    The example package layout lists a license file. Do I just remove it and not have one? Or do I have to copy/paste the Asset Store EULA?

EDIT: Custom license destroyed!

• Your publisher website link is broken, inaccessible, inappropriate, nonexistent, or incomplete.
    It would really help to know which of these applies. In the same way that I'm not an artist, I'm not a web designer, and I've never needed a website before. I customised a Wordpress template and added a contact form. Maybe the form is broken. Maybe I just need to add an email address somewhere. Maybe Unity don't appreciate my attempts at levity. Some advice would be very useful.

• Your metadata description text needs to be more detailed and specific.
    I guess with this one I can just go and look at some similar packages for help; I wasn't sure how much this was marketing and how much a summary.

EDIT: I think this is probably okay now.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  2. TonyLi

TonyLi

If your asset includes some other content that has its own license (e.g., MIT), you must include the license file for that content. (See sections 1.2.c, 1.2.i, 1.2.j of the Submission Guidelines.) Other than that, your submission shouldn't include a license file since your asset falls under the Asset Store EULA.

For the other issues, study the top assets in the same category you're submitting to. They should provide good examples of key images, publisher website, and description text, and they might give you some ideas for your own Photoshopping adventures.

Good luck with your submission!

3. Peeling

Peeling

Well, the license file is an easy fix, and I I've updated the metadata to be more in line with expectations.

But without some clue as to what's wrong with the website or the artwork, I simply don't have the time to spend taking potshots in the dark. I'm not an artist, I'm not a web designer, and if I spent even two days trying to be, that would cost me more than this asset is ever likely to yield in revenue; it's just too niche a product.

EDIT: I am giving the images one more go, but I really need to know what's wrong with the website.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  4. TonyLi

TonyLi

If two days will cost more than your expected revenue, consider publishing it as a free, open source asset on Github. On the Asset Store, you will without a doubt have to spend more than two days' worth of time answering support questions. That way you also avoid the headache of dealing with payment, income tax, etc.

5. Peeling

Peeling

If it comes to that, I will - after I've released the game I originally devised the script for :)

TonyLi likes this.