Search Unity

Regroup all timelines in one

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Vargold, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Vargold

Vargold

Hi !
    I'm new in Unity and i have a problem certainly very simple and basic, but i havn't found any solution about it on internet.
    I have a big scene with a lot of different characters animated, but they are all animated in an invididual timeline, each of them have a "personal" timeline and it's very long and inconvenient to make them interact (for exemple, make the camera follow a character in same time, i have to use two different timelines...)

So I just search a way to get ALL the scene, characters animations and camera in a same Timeline, like in Blender, for can see all the movements at the same time.

Cheers

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

I'm not sure I completely understand the question, but you can make as many tracks as necessary in a single timeline that references other scene objects.

3. Vargold

Vargold

it's exactly what i want, but how can i do that ? (put all already existing objects's animation in a same timeline)

4. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

You can use control tracks. They have clips that can control other timelines. So you can have one timeline that is simply playing all the other timelines you have created.

5. Vargold

Vargold

I don't understand how to use these "control tracks" and i don"t find tutorials about it :/

6. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

We will be adding more docs soon for Control Tracks as we've made useful improvements to them recently, but in general they control time-related components on a game object.

You can use them to control particle systems and other playable directors (i.e. other timelines).