Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

regressions: VS glitches

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by laurentlavigne, Jan 14, 2018.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

I acknowledging that, clearly, a lot of effort went into this VS build. It is much faster, well integrated with Unity and the amount of settings in the unity plugins are a nice touch.
    But from the standpoint of usability, there is still work to be done because it is quite glitchy.

For example some times help>unity api documentation disappears (987740)
    devenv_2018-01-13_23-51-57.png
    no toggle comment, it's on or off, we need ctrl+/ of VS code
    ctrl+w which i remapped to file>close won't close a tab
    ctrl+R which is remapped as rename, never works, even though it shows in the right click menu
    (977739)
    autocomplete can be sluggish at times and miss suggestions and forgets what was used before, also it seems to ignore context some times, I think anyone at UT who used monodev and switches to VS can clarify what I mean
    (987741)

2. sailro

sailro

Microsoft

Hi

We investigated with Unity this case where Unity 2018 beta was not properly delegating to VSTU the generation of solution and project files. Because of this, you ended up with a regular C# solution so all VSTU features regarding debugging, wizards, reloading, API documentation, etc... were disabled/hidden in VS.

It was a registration issue, that was just fixed in Unity beta. We also patched VSTU to be more resilient about those issues.

We expect the fix to be soon available in Unity beta.

Regards
    Sebastien Lebreton [MSFT]

laurentlavigne and Peter77 like this.
  3. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

Thanks Sebatien, great to hear the team is backing us up.