Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Regression: VS autocomplete sometimes doesn't validates on space and bracket

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by laurentlavigne, Jan 19, 2018.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

I was ok with dropping monodev when I saw that vs 17 was fast and that sweet live error detection but even the editing doesn't work well.

In general when something doesn't work, you don't phase out what works, you do a transition across month until there is feature parity.

I hope the current frustration gets rewarded with proper support and all this gets fixed long before the end of this beta cycle because the rest of 18.1 is so full of sweetness.

I logged a bug for this nasty one 989527.

2. Player7

Player7

You want to know another S***ty bug that has been in since VS2017 came out and not fixed ever..

Select a line or some, then cut/copy, then shift+delete twice .. notice when you come to paste what you thought was moved into the clipboard earlier, before using shift+delete on those selected line(s) .... no longer exists.... you just paste empty lines.

It has gotten me multiple times in the past, as I use the shortcut to wipe out entire lines where I swear I had copied the code before doing so. Dumb bugs.. ontop startup bloat, and a really S*** solution explorer and even more S*** the assembly browser.. yeh I don't miss monodev for much, but surprisingly it did somethings better.

laurentlavigne likes this.
  3. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

VS2017 - the Sweaty copy buffer eater
    Good thing Undo works, I know because I used it a lot, now.

(Did you log a bug on the unity reporter? It'll help them)

4. sailro

sailro

Microsoft

laurentlavigne and Peter77 like this.
  5. Player7

Player7

I didn't.. wasn't really a Unity bug.. should though.. I could do with winning a coffee mug :D

6. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

They work very closely with microsoft and seem to be taking responsibility for the transition, which is great, so filing a bug with Unity seems to be the best route.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018