Search Unity

Regression: Null Reference Crash Player on Android 5.0, again.

Discussion in 'Android' started by AlkisFortuneFish, Feb 2, 2015.

1. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

Hi,

just wanted to point out that bug 659976, fixed in patch 4 of 4.6.1 and marked on the issue tracker as fixed in 4.6.2 is back on 4.6.2f1. I reported this regression today, with a repro project and a couple of builds that indicate the regressuib, as bug number 669104.

If anyone else is affected by this, downgrading to 4.6.1p4 works around the issue for now.

MrEsquire likes this.
  2. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Very sad news :-(

3. florianpenzkofer

florianpenzkofer

Unity Technologies

I can confirm the regression, sorry for this. Fix should be back in 4.6.2p2.

4. BoaNeo

BoaNeo

When?

5. BoaNeo

BoaNeo

I can't get it to work with 4.6.1p4 either

6. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

Is patch 2 going to appear at the regular schedule? As this is an very serious bug, manifesting itself in all sorts of unexpected ways. Before 4.6.1p4 was released, we basically couldn't test on Android 5, as even third party plugins could cause a complete crash with no log indicating where it came from. Also, 669104 is still not marked as confirmed, so it'll be clogging your bug queue for no reason.

7. BoaNeo

BoaNeo

Strike my above comment - the issue on 4.6.1p4 was something else - Must be an actual bug in a 3rd party plugin that also causes a crash. It's a bit hard for me to tell the difference, but since the main crash issue isn't there anymore, I suspect this one is something else.

Oddly, it wasn't an issue on prior versions of Android and/or Unity.

8. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

This is marked as fixed on 4.6.2p2. Currently downloading to test. I hope that this is now on the Android runtime test suite, as if it comes back again it'll be beyond unacceptable.

MrEsquire likes this.
  9. johnnieZombie

johnnieZombie

and I just wasted a couple of hours on this...