Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Regression : New slack integration does not send a share link

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by thibouf, Jul 25, 2018.

1. thibouf

thibouf

I don't know if there is already a feedback thread about this "new" feature. But with the new "Integrations" features that replace the notifications we can not receive any more the share link in the slack channel.

Could you please add it again ? We used it extensively....

Also another feedback about the integration feature. It would be nice when we create new integration to be able to select more than one event ... Else we have to create on integration per event if we want to receive all events ...

henriqueranj likes this.
  2. UDN_0292bc0d-4499-4ea2-8e87-73b246c29c87

UDN_0292bc0d-4499-4ea2-8e87-73b246c29c87

Samme issue here, and this is must have option for us

3. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Thank you for reporting this issue.
    We are aware of some issues caused by the migration to "Integrations" and are working to resolve them.
    I will keep you informed of updates via this thread.

DeFaler, Nieles_GH and henriqueranj like this.
  4. Nieles_GH

Nieles_GH

Also noticed it today and it's something that we use a lot!

ollieblanks likes this.
  5. NINPO

NINPO

6. antonkanin

antonkanin

Plus one here, would love my share link back! Have to manually copy&paste links from the unity cloud to the slack channel

7. sysper

sysper

8. AlCaTrAzzGames

AlCaTrAzzGames

+1, this is a huge dealbreaker for the workflow we had established using UCB

9. DeFaler

DeFaler

@ollieblanks any updates or ETA? I'm currently copy/pasting share links into our Slack channel on average 5 times a day for builds we share with our testers and all, and it's a huge distraction when I'm in the middle of something and the testers need the latest link again... (our testers do not have access to our UCB, which, I suppose, is a use case for many others in this thread).

10. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

The fix for this is now in code review. As soon as it has been pushed to Production, this thread will be the first to know! :)

11. AlCaTrAzzGames

AlCaTrAzzGames

any update?

12. hsallander

hsallander

+1 We really need this functionality, the whole UCB workflow is flawed without it

AlCaTrAzzGames likes this.
  13. dmtroy

dmtroy

Any word on this yet? It's been months.

14. sysper

sysper

Any update?

15. thibouf

thibouf

3 months code review to fix a regression ??

16. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

I apologise for not updating this forum thread.

The fix for this went live 16th October.

If you are still having issues with share links not being included in Slack notifications, please let us know via a support ticket.

17. thibouf

thibouf

I get share link for old projects which was already configured before the new "integrations" feature. But i can not find the option to activate it on new projects created after the update.
    Is there something I am missing ?

18. martin-hellofuture

martin-hellofuture

I tried creating a support ticket about this, referencing this post, but got the response that I would have to create my own forum post about the same issue. Then I'd have to wait around 2-3 weeks to be able to create a support ticket that they would look into it.

@thibouf As your post is old enough, would you mind creating a support ticket about the issue and see if that gets any balls rolling?

19. thibouf

thibouf

20. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hi @thibouf and @martin-hellofuture and anyone else still affected by this issue,
    We are currently working on reinstating the ability to configure whether share links are included in Slack notifications.

@martin-hellofuture, apologies that you did not get your issue resolved on first contact, I believe that you got referred to the forums because you did not come through to the technical team. Please log a ticket via the Support form found in the Cloud Build section of the Developer Dashboard and we will be able to set your Project to include share links manually via our database.

21. martin-hellofuture

martin-hellofuture

Gotcha!

I missed that it was a separate support ticket system for the cloud build. I've created a ticket there now as well.
    Thanks Ollie and thibouf for the help!

ollieblanks likes this.
  22. dmtroy

dmtroy

I just got a response from a ticket I put in, apparently a fix for this went live sometime last week, I just checked and it appears I can now re-enable share links.

ollieblanks likes this.
  23. Trivium_Dev

Trivium_Dev

We've been waiting for this to re-added, and it seems it has been - it's just that it's no longer included in the "Slack" integration setup - instead you need to go to "Cloud Build - Notifications" for the project and select the "Automatic Build Sharing" checkmark. Unfortunately UCB is having some issues so I can't do a build to test it! But hopefully it will include the share links in Slack again!