Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Regression in loading a folder with sprites

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Cardinal90, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Cardinal90

Cardinal90

Starting with v1.9.2 I have a problem when loading a folder with sprites. It is similar to Case 1202034 https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-a-folder-and-using-asset-database-build-mode, but happens only in a built player and when "Use Existing Build" play mode script is chosen.

To clarify, I have a folder containing several sprites. It is marked as addressable with an address "Icons/Items" and has a label "Items". I load it with `await Addressables.LoadAssetsAsync<Sprite>("Items", null).Task`. It worked in 1.3.8, then stopped working in 1.4.x and was fixed in 1.8.3. Now since 1.9.2 it works in play mode with "Use Asset Database" but throws in a player:

Exception encountered in operation UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager+CompletedOperation`1[System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[UnityEngine.Sprite]], result='', status='Failed': Exception of type 'UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.InvalidKeyException' was thrown., Key=Items, Type=UnityEngine.Sprite

On another note, it is very tedious to mark a folder as addressable, then switch to another interface, create a label (often with the same name) and assign it. It would be great to be able to use the folder's address to load assets. If that is impossible, please consider adding a `Labels` dropdown into an asset's inspector below the `Addressable` checkbox.

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

3. Cardinal90

Cardinal90

Well, I tried to reproduce in a new project and couldn't. The bug is still present in the main project though :(. I might upload it into a bug report at some point, but would prefer not to.

4. GilbertoBitt

GilbertoBitt

thats the same problem i'm having.. when using Addressables.LoadAssetsAsync i receive bug but when using AssetReference.LoadAsync it work normally.

that's the reason i'm using foreach instead of loadAssetsAsync

5. jRocket

jRocket

Any update on this? I am seeing this issue as well. I have found that it works when I use
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Addressables.LoadAssetAsync<Object>(address);
    which will load a Texture2D

but not

Code (CSharp):
    1. Addressables.LoadAssetAsync<Sprite>(address);
    (InvalidKeyException is thrown)