Search Unity

Bug Refraction + double-sided material + recursive rendering causes skybox to 'clip' through geometry

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Jess_AA, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Jess_AA

Jess_AA

I'm using recursive rendering to simulate a glass with liquid in it, but the refraction has the skybox 'leaking' through it. Glass.JPG

The orange environment is an enclosed sphere with a double-sided material, so at no point is the skybox actually visible.

My current set up is: material set to double-sided (although the recursive rendering documentation doesn't seem to specify this as a requirement, I found it didn't work unless I had that checkbox ticked), with recursive rendering enabled on both the material and my volume. The result is the above image. If I disable double-sided but leave recursive rendering enabled the error disappears, but then so does the refraction. If I do the opposite, leave double-sided enabled and disable recursive rendering, the refraction effect remains and the issue disappears, but the refraction doesn't behave correctly. Is this is a bug?

I'm using Unity 02022.2.9, HDRP version 14.0.6